collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masks  (Read 180918 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Masks
« Reply #1325 on: August 11, 2021, 09:02:20 PM »
The first link “suggests” and isn’t conclusive.  The second link is an opinion piece.  Are you really a dentist?
Healthcare "professional". Who of course will never admit that his facts were once again wrong.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 09:04:50 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1326 on: August 11, 2021, 10:31:04 PM »
Entertaining.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1327 on: August 12, 2021, 06:26:55 AM »
Ronald Reagan said that the most terrifying words in the English language were "I'm from the government and I am here to help."   

Those have been replaced by "I read it on my facebook group that"...
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1328 on: August 12, 2021, 10:46:18 AM »
Ronald Reagan said that the most terrifying words in the English language were "I'm from the government and I am here to help."   

Those have been replaced by "I read it on my facebook group that"...

Bit off topic but this thread is worthy of some levity...I was at my sister in law's house in NJ for a long weekend to celebrate my mother in law's birthday back in June.  It was in the immediate aftermath of the apartment collapse in Miami.  My wife's maternal side of the family is Jewish, her sister in law is married to an Israeli guy and they are pretty plugged into the Jewish community in NY/NJ, so they were obviously following the stories closely cause at the time it was reported there was a significant amount of tri-state Jewish residents who had apartments there.

Well my mother in law is reading on her phone and goes "oh wow, turns out John McAfee had a condo in that building!"  Mind you his death and the apartment collapse were within 24 hours of each other.  So I immediately react with shock and intrigue, ask her to show me the article...and she hands me the phone to reveal a FB post with nothing substantial behind it other than some pictures and diagrams and a dumpster fire of a comment thread below it.  The person who posted it had a headline banner picture that had some nonsense like "Seeker of the Truth" in it. 

I told her, with all due respect, don't show me any news from FB ever again...while my wife's sister taunted her from the kitchen saying "YOU'RE EMBARRASSING OUR BLOODLINE MOM".

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1329 on: August 12, 2021, 12:55:15 PM »
Bit off topic but this thread is worthy of some levity...I was at my sister in law's house in NJ for a long weekend to celebrate my mother in law's birthday back in June.  It was in the immediate aftermath of the apartment collapse in Miami.  My wife's maternal side of the family is Jewish, her sister in law is married to an Israeli guy and they are pretty plugged into the Jewish community in NY/NJ, so they were obviously following the stories closely cause at the time it was reported there was a significant amount of tri-state Jewish residents who had apartments there.

Well my mother in law is reading on her phone and goes "oh wow, turns out John McAfee had a condo in that building!"  Mind you his death and the apartment collapse were within 24 hours of each other.  So I immediately react with shock and intrigue, ask her to show me the article...and she hands me the phone to reveal a FB post with nothing substantial behind it other than some pictures and diagrams and a dumpster fire of a comment thread below it.  The person who posted it had a headline banner picture that had some nonsense like "Seeker of the Truth" in it. 

I told her, with all due respect, don't show me any news from FB ever again...while my wife's sister taunted her from the kitchen saying "YOU'RE EMBARRASSING OUR BLOODLINE MOM".

Epstein didn't kill himself (there).

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1330 on: August 12, 2021, 01:24:22 PM »
Since we're on to online misinformation ... QAnon strikes again, tragically.

A Santa Barbara father suspected of killing his two children in Mexico told the FBI he was a QAnon adherent and had to kill them because they had been infected with serpent DNA and he was saving the world from monsters, according to a criminal complaint filed in Los Angeles federal court Wednesday.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-08-11/coleman-charged-mexico-killings-qanon

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1331 on: August 12, 2021, 01:38:48 PM »
Since we're on to online misinformation ... QAnon strikes again, tragically.

A Santa Barbara father suspected of killing his two children in Mexico told the FBI he was a QAnon adherent and had to kill them because they had been infected with serpent DNA and he was saving the world from monsters, according to a criminal complaint filed in Los Angeles federal court Wednesday.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-08-11/coleman-charged-mexico-killings-qanon

A killer cult with millions of adherents, including some so warped they'd kill their own children. What an effed-up time in America.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1332 on: August 12, 2021, 02:01:16 PM »
A killer cult with millions of adherents, including some so warped they'd kill their own children. What an effed-up time in America.

100 years of planned parenthood, hey.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #1333 on: August 12, 2021, 02:31:36 PM »

I'll admit, I honestly don't get the impulse when faced with something that is unequivocally bad to point at something else and say "but that thing is bad too." It's baffling. Many things can be bad simultaneously. The fact that many things are bad does not absolve any one of those bad things of being bad.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1334 on: August 12, 2021, 02:33:19 PM »
I'll admit, I honestly don't get the impulse when faced with something that is unequivocally bad to point at something else and say "but that thing is bad too." It's baffling. Many things can be bad simultaneously. The fact that many things are bad does not absolve any one of those bad things of being bad.

It's just a way to deflect rather than address the actual topic.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1335 on: August 12, 2021, 02:37:43 PM »

Good for lower crime rates.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1336 on: August 12, 2021, 02:38:42 PM »

I always chuckle at the idea that the same generation that used to say "Don't trust the internet for research for your school projects" now believes everything they read on social media.

jficke13

• All American
« Reply #1337 on: August 12, 2021, 02:45:47 PM »

It's just a way to deflect rather than address the actual topic.

I mean I *know* that, but I don't really *get* that. Like do people realize they're deflecting? Is it an unconscious reflex like a defense mechanism or impulse to resolve cognitive dissonance that never registers to the person? Or is it just cold Machiavellian manipulation effort? Do people think it works or is helpful?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1338 on: August 12, 2021, 02:47:16 PM »

Yeah, who will ever forget that march to the Capitol where the Planned Parenthood supporters tried to subvert democracy, injured 100+ cops, and threatened to hang the vice president? That was awful!

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1339 on: August 12, 2021, 03:24:30 PM »

You guys need to stop taking every single thing posted on here so literally and seriously.

Nads made an open ended comment, and I made a (true) crack.  That's it. 

Lighten up, the hypertension is gonna give some of you mofos a gripper.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1340 on: August 12, 2021, 03:41:35 PM »
A killer cult with MILLIONS?? of adherents, including some so warped they'd kill their own children. What an effed-up time in America.

i hope you were kidding.  you guys love to use this "group" as a false narrative to justify the existence "domestic terrorism" as anything you are against.  might as well throw in some racism while you're at it.  this qanon thing isn't even a pimple on the fat lady's arse of conventional thinking.  most rational people see this and run from it faster than a jeffrey toobin zoom meeting
don't...don't don't don't don't

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1341 on: August 12, 2021, 03:43:05 PM »
I mean I *know* that, but I don't really *get* that. Like do people realize they're deflecting? Is it an unconscious reflex like a defense mechanism or impulse to resolve cognitive dissonance that never registers to the person? Or is it just cold Machiavellian manipulation effort? Do people think it works or is helpful?

It's manipulation.

And then, as he just demonstrated, it results in gaslighting.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1342 on: August 12, 2021, 03:52:00 PM »
  i hope you were kidding.  you guys love to use this "group" as a false narrative to justify the existence "domestic terrorism" as anything you are against.  might as well throw in some racism while you're at it.  this qanon thing isn't even a pimple on the fat lady's arse of conventional thinking.  most rational people see this and run from it faster than a jeffrey toobin zoom meeting

I'll just leave this here ...

Fifteen percent of Americans agree with the central false tenet of the QAnon conspiracy theory: that the government and other entities are controlled by Satan-worshipping pedophiles running a child sex trafficking ring, according to a new poll.
Among Republicans the survey, released Wednesday by the Public Religion Research Institute, found that 23 percent of respondents agreed with the statement that “the government, media and financial worlds in the U.S. are controlled by a group of Satan-worshipping pedophiles who run a global child sex trafficking operation.”

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/555699-15-percent-of-americans-believe-central-qanon-theory-poll

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1343 on: August 12, 2021, 03:59:36 PM »
And the venn diagram with them and anti-vaxxers and believers of the big lie is remarkable.   15% of the population is 50 million.  So, yes, millions.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1344 on: August 12, 2021, 04:32:03 PM »
A large percentage of Americans are delusional.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1345 on: August 12, 2021, 04:37:30 PM »
Curling, I get.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1346 on: August 12, 2021, 04:46:28 PM »
Curling, I get.

Well, not to brag, but in college I hit the gym with stunning regularity.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1347 on: August 12, 2021, 05:03:09 PM »
A large percentage of Americans are delusional.

Wow. We really are a nation of idiots.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1348 on: August 12, 2021, 05:27:50 PM »
Golf is an Olympic sport, so, yeah, 40 percent of Americans are fit enough to be an Olympic athlete.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1349 on: August 12, 2021, 05:33:18 PM »
Golf is an Olympic sport, so, yeah, 40 percent of Americans are fit enough to be an Olympic athlete.

75% of Americans also take a cart, so that’s takes a lot of people out of the equation.