collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masks  (Read 180911 times)

pbiflyer

• All American
Re: Masks
« Reply #1250 on: July 31, 2021, 10:11:13 PM »
DeSantis bans mask mandates in Florida.

Also Florida:

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #1251 on: July 31, 2021, 10:12:40 PM »

Also Florida:

I've heard hospitals want covid patients because the can make so much more money

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1252 on: July 31, 2021, 11:08:27 PM »

Also Florida:

Desantis vs Disney should be fun to watch

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1253 on: August 01, 2021, 11:13:31 AM »

Also Florida:

And they have the highest number of 1 day cases since the pandemic began.  Yuck

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1254 on: August 01, 2021, 12:01:29 PM »
At least he is raising money selling beer koozies that disparage Fauci.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1255 on: August 01, 2021, 01:07:41 PM »
At least he is raising money selling beer koozies that disparage Fauci.

And he has stopped any effort to get people vaccinated. Winning!

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1256 on: August 03, 2021, 12:38:35 PM »
Thoughts on the NIH director recommending parents wear masks at home around their children?

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1257 on: August 03, 2021, 01:06:02 PM »
Thoughts on the NIH director recommending parents wear masks at home around their children?

i didnt see this, but it just is mind boggling that we have not embraced cheap, rapid antigen testing.  I think they are like a buck a test in concept and in practice.  I would rather do that from time to time to see if I am shedding rather than adopt countermeasures at home.

edit: I would do the above if I was symptomatic until I could get tested....even though I am vaccinated.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 01:07:59 PM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1258 on: August 03, 2021, 01:32:27 PM »

Delta variant is that bad and it affects children far worse than the other variants.    If I had unvaccinated children at home, especially doing what I do, I would seriously consider it at this point.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1259 on: August 03, 2021, 02:37:38 PM »
Maybe a silly question, but as a vaccinated person, am I any more protected going into a store with a mask if no one else is wearing a mask? I thought a mask didn’t have much protection in stopping the virus. I would assume with Delta being more contagious, a mask still only protects others and not me.

If I was knowingly around someone with Covid, I’d probably wear a mask at home and avoid my daughter. For sure if I started having a cough. I don’t know that it’s feasible to do it all the time regardless of exposure.

Granted, I could probably count on one hand the number of times I’m indoors and in close contact with someone per week. Much less someone unvaccinated. We will see what happens when the weather changes.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1260 on: August 03, 2021, 06:10:26 PM »

He clarified that statement.

@NIHDirector: Let me clarify the masking message that I garbled on @NewDay this morning. Vaccinated parents who live in communities with high COVID transmission rates should mask when out in public indoor settings to minimize risks to their unvaccinated kids. No need to mask at home.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1261 on: August 03, 2021, 06:18:21 PM »

@NIHDirector: Let me clarify the masking message that I garbled on @NewDay this morning. Vaccinated parents who live in communities with high COVID transmission rates should mask when out in public indoor settings to minimize risks to their unvaccinated kids. No need to mask at home.

@Tower912 stand down, you can stay maskless while at home guilt free. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1262 on: August 03, 2021, 07:20:42 PM »

@NIHDirector: Let me clarify the masking message that I garbled on @NewDay this morning. Vaccinated parents who live in communities with high COVID transmission rates should mask when out in public indoor settings to minimize risks to their unvaccinated kids. No need to mask at home.

Thats a much more reasonable take that I have no issue with.  Good on him for clarifying because his point this morning was nowhere near that.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #1263 on: August 04, 2021, 07:58:46 AM »
Maybe a silly question, but as a vaccinated person, am I any more protected going into a store with a mask if no one else is wearing a mask?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0025619621004018?dgcid=author

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1264 on: August 04, 2021, 09:10:38 AM »
Arkansas Governor Regrets Banning Mask Mandates
Newsweek: “Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson (R) said he regrets signing a bill into law that bans state and local government authorities from implementing mask mandates amid a surge in COVID-19 cases in the state.”

“Hutchinson said now that cases are increasing in Arkansas, he wishes the ban ‘had not become law.’”

https://www.newsweek.com/arkansas-governor-hutchinson-regrets-signing-mask-ban-law-state-sees-delta-surge-1615904

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1265 on: August 04, 2021, 11:27:50 AM »
Newsweek: “Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson (R) said he regrets signing a bill into law that bans state and local government authorities from implementing mask mandates amid a surge in COVID-19 cases in the state.”

“Hutchinson said now that cases are increasing in Arkansas, he wishes the ban ‘had not become law.’”

https://www.newsweek.com/arkansas-governor-hutchinson-regrets-signing-mask-ban-law-state-sees-delta-surge-1615904

Sorry, but that doesn’t make him one of the good guys.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #1266 on: August 04, 2021, 11:55:27 AM »

Sowing remains undefeated vs. reaping.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1267 on: August 04, 2021, 12:15:42 PM »
Sorry, but that doesn’t make him one of the good guys.
Asa occasionally has his clear-headed, rational moments. They tend to be quickly reversed however. He seems like a guy you could actually have a substantive policy discussion with, but he also knows his voters have no such interest.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1268 on: August 04, 2021, 12:48:57 PM »
Asa occasionally has his clear-headed, rational moments. They tend to be quickly reversed however. He seems like a guy you could actually have a substantive policy discussion with, but he also knows his voters have no such interest.

He wishes the thing that became law because he sat down and signed "didn't become law."  ::)

"Well well well, if it isn't the consequences of my own actions!"

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1269 on: August 04, 2021, 02:14:06 PM »
He wishes the thing that became law because he sat down and signed "didn't become law."  ::)

"Well well well, if it isn't the consequences of my own actions!"
Yeah, he will occasionally do the decent thing, but he'll immediately follow it with doing 15 terrible things to stay in the good graces of the heehaws that keep him in office.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #1270 on: August 04, 2021, 03:53:28 PM »
Illinois' Governor announced mask mandates in public and private schools, preschool through 12th grade, for both teachers and students. Seems like common sense.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1271 on: August 04, 2021, 09:02:36 PM »
Illinois' Governor announced mask mandates in public and private schools, preschool through 12th grade, for both teachers and students. Seems like common sense.

It is common sense, unless you’re in a Facebook parent group.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1272 on: August 05, 2021, 05:36:56 PM »
Because of course he does.

Republican lawmaker Ralph Norman, who's suing Pelosi over a $500 fine for not wearing a mask during a floor vote, says he has Covid-19  (via AP)
https://twitter.com/bpolitics/status/1423369555775090688

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #1273 on: August 06, 2021, 07:41:09 AM »

Or governor of Florida.

Or congressman from NC:
 GOP Lawmaker Calls Mask Mandate ‘Child Abuse’

Rep. Madison Cawthorn (R-NC) spoke against a school mask mandate during a school board meeting, equating it to “psychological child abuse,” The Hill reports.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 07:43:58 AM by pbiflyer »

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1274 on: August 06, 2021, 07:46:51 AM »

This is so accurate, it is making me twitch.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback