[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masks  (Read 180841 times)

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
Re: Masks
« Reply #1175 on: July 22, 2021, 08:15:36 PM »
Sounds reasonable. Hopefully, vaccines are approved and mandated for children before the holidays.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #1176 on: July 23, 2021, 05:55:50 PM »
New mask mandate for St. Louis City and County. Kansas City likely to announce theirs shortly, ages 5 and up.

Springfield, MO has 544 hospitalizations and 222 ICU patients. They are trying to convert a hotel to medical space. 2,865 new state cases today.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1177 on: July 23, 2021, 06:57:22 PM »
New mask mandate for St. Louis City and County. Kansas City likely to announce theirs shortly, ages 5 and up.

Springfield, MO has 544 hospitalizations and 222 ICU patients. They are trying to convert a hotel to medical space. 2,865 new state cases today.

All 222 patients in ICU (many who will die) could have prevented this if they wanted.

naginiF

• All American
  • 'and the riot be the rhyme of the unheard'
« Reply #1178 on: July 23, 2021, 07:03:56 PM »

KC citizens already moving in that direction - some businesses are back to mask mandates, our local grocery store is over 50% masked, obvious social distancing between pedestrians, etc.

Can't wait for people in the burbs to get mad at the local gov and not at their fellow citizens who acted totally irresponsible.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1179 on: July 23, 2021, 08:01:14 PM »
I find it funny that those who won’t get vaccinated are causing another mask mandate. Especially when I’m guessing they are unlikely to wear masks anyways.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1180 on: July 27, 2021, 10:23:25 AM »
No doubt in my mind that the CDC will be kicking off the next round of mask mandates with this guidance.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/07/27/world/covid-delta-variant-vaccine

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #1181 on: July 27, 2021, 11:40:01 AM »
No doubt in my mind that the CDC will be kicking off the next round of mask mandates with this guidance.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/07/27/world/covid-delta-variant-vaccine

I’m sure that will go over swimmingly. Is it right to infer that there’s not really a change to the science, but rather vaccinated people should wear masks so it will be easier for stores, bars, etc. to enforce a mask mandate?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1182 on: July 27, 2021, 11:51:48 AM »
I’m sure that will go over swimmingly. Is it right to infer that there’s not really a change to the science, but rather vaccinated people should wear masks so it will be easier for stores, bars, etc. to enforce a mask mandate?

Yep.  Since places aren't allowed to use vaccine passports, everyone might have to mask up again because people won't get vaccinated.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #1183 on: July 27, 2021, 03:24:24 PM »
What a terribly disheartening day.

We're shifting the burden back onto the 70% of adults who have been, or are in the process of becoming fully vaccinated. And we're increasing it on kids, which really irritates me. All while going back to the vaccine undercutting rhetoric from March.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1184 on: July 27, 2021, 03:31:42 PM »
We needed vaccine passports 6 months ago.

So, everyone has to wear masks - except for those who refuse - because people refuse to get a vaccine and we have an outbreak amongst the unvaccinated (which is the same group who will refuse mask).

This is so, so dumb.

The unvaccinated have had their chances. The rest of us shouldn't be punished to protect them when they won't protect themselves.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #1185 on: July 27, 2021, 03:39:07 PM »
I suspect that outside governmental entities and places with mask requirements already in place (health care facilities, transportation), this new guidance will be met largely with a collective shrug. The vaccinated aren't going to embrace mask wearing to the benefit of those who refuse to get vaccinated.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1186 on: July 27, 2021, 03:40:08 PM »
What a terribly disheartening day.

We're shifting the burden back onto the 70% of adults who have been, or are in the process of becoming fully vaccinated. And we're increasing it on kids, which really irritates me. All while going back to the vaccine undercutting rhetoric from March.

Shouldn't the unvaccinated kids be masked anyway?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1187 on: July 27, 2021, 03:40:23 PM »
The unvaccinated have had their chances. The rest of us shouldn't be punished to protect them when they won't protect themselves.
Which is why we should have a vaccine passport system (as you said)...which unsurprisingly the same people are having a tantrum about.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 03:45:22 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #1188 on: July 27, 2021, 03:45:03 PM »
<sigh>
Anti-mask Huntington Beach restaurant says it will only serve unvaccinated diners
https://www.ocregister.com/2021/07/26/anti-mask-huntington-beach-restaurant-says-it-will-only-serve-unvaccinated-diners/
While the emergence of the Delta variant of COVID-19 has many businesses and consumers proceeding with caution, Basilico’s Pasta E Vino in Huntington Beach continues with its campaign of noncompliance with state safety recommendations. It recently posted a sign saying it will be asking diners for “proof” of being unvaccinated.
It’s the latest in a series of defiant actions from the restaurant, which started with an anti-masking campaign in May 2020. The restaurant asked customers to remove masks when they were inside.
A message from ownership posted Saturday, June 27, 2020 on social media explained, “So to be clear, if you enter the restaurant for dine in, and want to wear a mask, you must remove it when sitting down. If you are standing around inside and waiting for a table, or waiting inside to pick up food for yourself or as a third party delivery driver, and you are wearing a mask, you will be asked to wait outside.”

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #1189 on: July 27, 2021, 03:46:47 PM »
<sigh>
Anti-mask Huntington Beach restaurant says it will only serve unvaccinated diners
https://www.ocregister.com/2021/07/26/anti-mask-huntington-beach-restaurant-says-it-will-only-serve-unvaccinated-diners/
While the emergence of the Delta variant of COVID-19 has many businesses and consumers proceeding with caution, Basilico’s Pasta E Vino in Huntington Beach continues with its campaign of noncompliance with state safety recommendations. It recently posted a sign saying it will be asking diners for “proof” of being unvaccinated.
It’s the latest in a series of defiant actions from the restaurant, which started with an anti-masking campaign in May 2020. The restaurant asked customers to remove masks when they were inside.
A message from ownership posted Saturday, June 27, 2020 on social media explained, “So to be clear, if you enter the restaurant for dine in, and want to wear a mask, you must remove it when sitting down. If you are standing around inside and waiting for a table, or waiting inside to pick up food for yourself or as a third party delivery driver, and you are wearing a mask, you will be asked to wait outside.”
Darwinism at its finest, except their stupidity affects everyone not just their selfish selves.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1190 on: July 27, 2021, 03:51:34 PM »
Darwinism at its finest, except their stupidity affects everyone not just their selfish selves.

They are prolonging the epidemic.

They are killing people.

We need to treat them with the disdain they deserve.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1191 on: July 27, 2021, 04:27:56 PM »
Predictable.   Oh, wait, I did.   I blame the Biden administration for not pushing mandates and passports as soon as they took office.    The only way this was going to be stopped was to get to herd immunity, and the science said that was a minimum 70% vaccination rate.    There were too many death cult disinformation believers to get there without mandates.  The Biden administration was naive to believe that 70+% would do the right thing.   

So, back to masks.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1192 on: July 27, 2021, 05:02:01 PM »
Well as a side note, the aluminum mask wire that my company makes should pick back up after petering out 2 months ago

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1193 on: July 27, 2021, 07:23:20 PM »
Predictable.   Oh, wait, I did.   I blame the Biden administration for not pushing mandates and passports as soon as they took office.    The only way this was going to be stopped was to get to herd immunity, and the science said that was a minimum 70% vaccination rate.    There were too many death cult disinformation believers to get there without mandates.  The Biden administration was naive to believe that 70+% would do the right thing.   

So, back to masks.

73.3% of adults in the US have received at least one dose.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1194 on: July 27, 2021, 07:30:21 PM »
CDC's latest says that 56.4% of Americans have received at least one shot.    48.8% are fully vaccinated.     This includes children.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

reinko

• All American
« Reply #1195 on: July 27, 2021, 07:46:53 PM »
73.3% of adults in the US have received at least one dose.

Would love a source on this one.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1196 on: July 27, 2021, 08:03:58 PM »

Washington Post reported at the end of June that 66% of adults had at least one dose.  So another 7% in the last month wouldn't shock me

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1197 on: July 27, 2021, 08:58:02 PM »

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/

"The introduction of J&J’s one-shot option should make it easier to vaccinate hard-to-reach populations. So far, 189 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine—73.3% of the adult population."

This website is updated daily.

Maybe I'm misreading it. Does it mean that 189 million Americans are vaccinated, which would be enough to cover 73.3% of the adult population? Odd to throw that line in there, if so.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 08:59:43 PM by BM1090 »

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1198 on: July 27, 2021, 08:58:33 PM »
CDC's latest says that 56.4% of Americans have received at least one shot.    48.8% are fully vaccinated.     This includes children.   

Including those who are ineligible, correct?

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
« Reply #1199 on: July 27, 2021, 09:07:33 PM »
health care worker here... despite being vaccinated I tested positive yesterday after sudden onset of fever and chills.  I'm actually surprised I haven't been infected sooner due to continual exposure at work.  This strain is no joke as vaccinated people are supposed to get milder illness and I have never been so sick with fever, chills and borderline pulse-ox.   My employee health is seeing cases in vaccinated employees skyrocket due to delta variant.  Delta variant causes 1200 times higher viral load than original sars-cov-2 virus.  This is what viruses do to survive... they mutate into more pathogenic variants.  If more people got vaccinated we would have avoided this, but now we are screwed.  We will be back to lockdowns and mask mandates again due to the unvaccinated folks.  If more were vaccinated to the point of herd immunity, the delta variant would have never happened.  Now it's too late. 
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire