[Today at 08:18:48 AM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Masks  (Read 180662 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Masks
« Reply #500 on: September 30, 2020, 10:55:18 PM »
ahhh, this is good stuff.  you can find this conversation just about anywhere, but cnn.  the sad thing is, they aren't laughing WITH you

"The two officials were preparing to take part in a news conference in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, Tuesday, when Wolf remarked to Ullman that he would be removing his mask when speaking onstage. At the time, Ullman was standing near the microphone with her mask still on.

"So Wendy, I'm gonna take — I'm gonna take my mask off when I speak," Wolf is heard saying.

Ullman then walks toward Wolf and off camera, responding, "I will as well, just, I'm waiting so that we can do a little political theater."

Wolf replies, "OK," as the two officials share a laugh and Ullman walks back toward the podium. She then adds for clarification: "So that it's on camera."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq_I0F8iBOs
don't...don't don't don't don't

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #501 on: September 30, 2020, 11:22:52 PM »
ahhh, this is good stuff.  you can find this conversation just about anywhere, but cnn.  the sad thing is, they aren't laughing WITH you

"The two officials were preparing to take part in a news conference in Doylestown, Pennsylvania, Tuesday, when Wolf remarked to Ullman that he would be removing his mask when speaking onstage. At the time, Ullman was standing near the microphone with her mask still on.

"So Wendy, I'm gonna take — I'm gonna take my mask off when I speak," Wolf is heard saying.

Ullman then walks toward Wolf and off camera, responding, "I will as well, just, I'm waiting so that we can do a little political theater."

Wolf replies, "OK," as the two officials share a laugh and Ullman walks back toward the podium. She then adds for clarification: "So that it's on camera."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq_I0F8iBOs

The more people see their leaders wearing masks (call it ‘political theater‘ or ‘leading by example‘), the more likely they will take masks seriously.

Morons who are afraid to wear masks in public are the ones who send the wrong message.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #502 on: October 01, 2020, 05:59:57 AM »

The more people see their leaders wearing masks (call it ‘political theater‘ or ‘leading by example‘), the more likely they will take masks seriously.

Morons who are afraid to wear masks in public are the ones who send the wrong message.

sir, i don't think it is a "fear" of wearing masks in public.  and "it" is being shared by our "leaders" too.  eyn'a nance and claire? 
don't...don't don't don't don't

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #503 on: October 01, 2020, 07:40:52 AM »
  sir, i don't think it is a "fear" of wearing masks in public.  and "it" is being shared by our "leaders" too.  eyn'a nance and claire?

Okay, it's not fear, then what is it?  The inability to give a crap about your fellow man?

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #504 on: October 01, 2020, 08:09:53 AM »
Okay, it's not fear, then what is it?  The inability to give a crap about your fellow man?

Spreading a deadly disease to own the libs.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #505 on: October 01, 2020, 08:29:47 AM »
It's very obvious that political and government officials are wearing maks while giving interviews in certain situations where it isn't actually necessary.  No idea why those people should be ridiculed.  It's called leading by example.

Better than openly defying public health orders instead right?

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-family-members-not-wear-masks-during-debate-joe-biden-2020-9
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #506 on: October 01, 2020, 08:45:23 AM »

Big win!  Congrats!
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #507 on: October 01, 2020, 08:53:47 AM »

Fear of being seen as weak, stubbornness, stupidity, whatever. Whatever it is, anything our leaders can do to try to change that is a good thing.

They won't change everyone, but if even a few change their behavior because they see leaders wearing masks, it's a good thing.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #508 on: October 01, 2020, 09:15:52 AM »
Wearing a mask is of course a national health and safety issue, not a political issue. 

Some political leaders have set dangerous personal and professional examples that have cost many lives, caused potential long term health and many economic problems etc...

Why? To obtain, increase, and hold on to personal political power and $$$. It's that simple. Downplaying the virus, and manufacturing reasons against it, preys upon those particular voters fears to join them. It works for them with certain voters. To many rationale observers it is unforgivable because they know better and have since early this year.

Interestingly enough a possibly more effective strategy would have been to listen to science, data, experts about the virus, and change and adjust accordingly as needed, and to be aggressive early, reacting to it. Once they picked the original strategy, they decided to stick with it until the end.

These leaders are people with better personal access to better healthcare, tests, safer environments etc...as opposed to the general public, and decisions have been made based on what will help their individual and collective personal political power and economic gain.

These leaders will wear a mask or even suggest it only in certain few specifically chosen moments while much of the time not doing so.

The physical, mental, emotional health and the economic well being of others isn't of interest to them. For some people this is not okay at all, for some others it is okay because these voters don't care about others either, and for some others these voters don't know any better and they are easily duped by their tribal leaders.

Wearing a mask is an easy, simple inconvenient thing to do to help others and yourself. Nobody likes masks, nobody wants to wear a mask. But it is a very simple, easy thing to do to protect others and yourself.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 09:18:32 AM by shoothoops »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #509 on: October 01, 2020, 09:22:13 AM »

Wearing a mask is an easy, simple inconvenient thing to do to help others and yourself. Nobody likes masks, nobody wants to wear a mask. But it is a very simple, easy thing to do to protect others and yourself.

This should have been the beginning, middle and end of the 'debate.' Unfortunately, politics intervened.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #510 on: October 01, 2020, 09:25:07 AM »

This should have been the beginning, middle and end of the 'debate.' Unfortunately, politics intervened.

Yep. Unfortunately some of the people with the most political power made a choice to make it a political issue when of course it wasn't and isn't one. They have chosen to do that for all of 2020.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #511 on: October 01, 2020, 09:48:10 AM »
I am much better looking with a mask on.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #512 on: October 01, 2020, 05:11:19 PM »
Yep. Unfortunately some of the people with the most political power made a choice to make it a political issue when of course it wasn't and isn't one. They have chosen to do that for all of 2020.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/pennsylvania-democrats-caught-on-hot-mic-laughing-about-wearing-masks-as-political-theater%3f_amp=true

Really is unfortunate.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #513 on: October 01, 2020, 05:11:58 PM »
Welcome back.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #514 on: October 01, 2020, 05:15:02 PM »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #515 on: October 01, 2020, 05:55:48 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/pennsylvania-democrats-caught-on-hot-mic-laughing-about-wearing-masks-as-political-theater%3f_amp=true

Really is unfortunate.

Literally the first post on this page is about this.  But I knew you wouldn't be able to resist.

For the record, those two are trash bag nobodies that just killed their careers in the Democratic party.  My guess is they'll be Republicans by the end of the week.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #516 on: October 01, 2020, 06:01:34 PM »
Literally the first post on this page is about this.  But I knew you wouldn't be able to resist.

For the record, those two are trash bag nobodies that just killed their careers in the Democratic party.  My guess is they'll be Republicans by the end of the week.

Oops, apologies for the repeated information!  I missed rockets post above, sorry that oversight hit home for you.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #517 on: October 01, 2020, 06:47:36 PM »
Cornell University Study.

.... ‘Single Largest Driver’ Of Covid-19 Misinformation, Cornell Study Finds.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommybeer/2020/10/01/trump-is-single-largest-driver-of-covid-19-misinformation-cornell-study-finds/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Wear a mask.

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #518 on: October 01, 2020, 07:35:53 PM »
Hope Hicks, one of the closest aides to President Trump tested positive for COVID-19, and, is experiencing symptoms. She recently traveled with the President on Air Force One to both the debate and recent Minnesota rally. She was seen often not wearing a mask.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-10-02/trump-aide-hope-hicks-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-infection?__twitter_impression=true

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #519 on: October 01, 2020, 07:38:21 PM »
Hope Hicks, one of the closest aides to President Trump tested positive for COVID-19, and, is experiencing symptoms. She recently traveled with the President on Air Force One to both the debate and recent Minnesota rally. She was seen often not wearing a mask.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-10-02/trump-aide-hope-hicks-tests-positive-for-coronavirus-infection?__twitter_impression=true

Thoughts and prayers

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #520 on: October 01, 2020, 07:39:34 PM »

You reap what you sow....

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #521 on: October 01, 2020, 08:35:38 PM »
Photo, yesterday of COVID-19 positive Hope Hicks boarding Marine one closely with Stephen Miller, Jared Kushner, others. No masks anywhere.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #522 on: October 01, 2020, 09:03:29 PM »
I’ve got thoughts, but really not prayers.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #523 on: October 01, 2020, 09:31:55 PM »

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #524 on: October 01, 2020, 09:40:18 PM »
I just hope Evers doesn't allow trump to enter our state until he has quarantined.