[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: OPEN LETTER TO MUSCOOP MANAGEMENT - ELIMINATE THE POLITICS  (Read 17560 times)

V1 Rotate

• Walk-On
OPEN LETTER TO MUSCOOP MANAGEMENT - ELIMINATE THE POLITICS
« on: June 28, 2020, 10:05:58 AM »
To the owner operators of MUSCOOP

We come to you as a group of 11 long time posters begging you to clean up this site.  MUSCOOP has become unreadable despite messages from us to stop the constant politics that your site says no politics are allowed.  Politics appear to be encouraged.  We do not pretend to suggest your job is easy, but the last few months and especially the last few weeks have been the worst we have seen here and it is still June.  What happens here in October and November?  The same posters continue to violate your terms and pollute this board with their politics.  If you want to talk about politics, go to a political website or be consistent and tell us this in now a political site because the pinned message that says THIS IS A POLITICAL FREE ZONE is false advertising. 

It is ultimately your call and your site, but you are in danger of losing some valuable Marquette fans if they have not already left.  Please, for the final time, clean this site up and back up your cloains of a political free zone.

Who we are:
Dentists, lawyers, teachers, business people, law enforcement, IT, retired
Over 50,000 posts and 60 combined years of membership at MUSCOOP
Democrat, Republican, Independent.  Liberal, Conservative, Libertarian
From all parts of the United States
Marquette basketball fans

We have chosen to use a VPN to make this comment for one reason.  The attacks from one poster to another here has notched up to an unprecedented level.  Personal attacks.  None of the 11 of deserve to be attacked personally for asking you to enforce what your stated POLITICS FREE ZONE, but we know we will because of the nature of the membership here.  If the politics continue, you will notice the drop off and we will slip off into the night quietly to another site, or even create one of our own.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
Re: OPEN LETTER TO MUSCOOP MANAGEMENT - ELIMINATE THE POLITICS
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 10:24:20 AM »
I agree.

The door cracked with the Covid topic and trying to strike the balance between our federal response and not making it political.  It's tough and I know I have violated that balance in the past.  But to be fair, if I took a guess at the membership above, many of them have done the same.

It's unfortunate that people have used this opportunity to continuously ignore the no politics policy.  And as someone who is more liberal than most, I can say it is mostly done by people with similar views as me. 

That being said, if the mods don't change and the signers move on, well many people have left the board in the past and Scoop has been fine.  This site has more traffic, and is higher quality, than the other MU sites by a long shot.  IMO, it will continue that way until the mods just decide to pull the plug.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 10:31:18 AM »
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 11:02:01 AM by Pakuni »

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2020, 10:33:34 AM »
This place is a hot mess for the most part. Incredibly intolerant and ready to call you a racist when your opinion does not line up.

Thank God for the Underboard.

MUINGB

• Starter
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 10:35:51 AM »
Well Said, V1   about time we get back to MUBB

real chili 83

• All American
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2020, 10:43:18 AM »
To the owner operators of MUSCOOP

We come to you as a group of 11 long time posters begging you to clean up this site.  MUSCOOP has become unreadable despite messages from us to stop the constant politics that your site says no politics are allowed.  Politics appear to be encouraged.  We do not pretend to suggest your job is easy, but the last few months and especially the last few weeks have been the worst we have seen here and it is still June.  What happens here in October and November?  The same posters continue to violate your terms and pollute this board with their politics.  If you want to talk about politics, go to a political website or be consistent and tell us this in now a political site because the pinned message that says THIS IS A POLITICAL FREE ZONE is false advertising. 

It is ultimately your call and your site, but you are in danger of losing some valuable Marquette fans if they have not already left.  Please, for the final time, clean this site up and back up your cloains of a political free zone.

Who we are:
Democrat, Republican, Independent.  Liberal, Conservative, Libertarian
From all parts of the United States
Marquette basketball fans

We have chosen to use a VPN to make this comment for one reason.  The attacks from one poster to another here has notched up to an unprecedented level.  Personal attacks.  None of the 11 of deserve to be attacked personally for asking you to enforce what your stated POLITICS FREE ZONE, but we know we will because of the nature of the membership here.  If the politics continue, you will notice the drop off and we will slip off into the night quietly to another site, or even create one of our own.

Curious why the new profile to create the above post?   Absolutely nothing wrong with what you said. 

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2020, 10:50:50 AM »
Well Said, V1   about time we get back to MUBB

Counterpoint:

The MUBB discussion isn't any better.  It is equally tired and contentious.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2020, 10:51:12 AM »
Needed to be posted on multiple boards, eh?

Just post it once and report it to mods. They'll 100% see it that way.

So why post twice? And why do it anonymously?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2020, 10:54:54 AM »
Needed to be posted on multiple boards, eh?

Just post it once and report it to mods. They'll 100% see it that way.

So why post twice? And why do it anonymously?

Because they obviously feel they are much more important than they are. It’s a free Marquette basketball board. If it’s causing you so much displeasure just walk away. Nothing better than when people threaten to leave the board or to block someone. Just do it! Honestly, nobody’s going to feel any differently. If you need to band 11 people together to discuss MUScoop, you’re taking MUScoop way, way too seriously.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 10:57:22 AM »
Go to Dodd's board then and ........ see........ how......... readable.......... it.......... is or how much of an opinion you can have there (unless it's agreeing with Dodd's 100% of the time)
Maigh Eo for Sam

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2020, 10:58:14 AM »
Go to Dodd's board then and ........ see........ how......... readable.......... it.......... is or how much of an opinion you can have there (unless it's agreeing with Dodd's 100% of the time)

I laughed.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2020, 11:08:52 AM »
Good hearin' from ewe, Nads, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2020, 11:23:41 AM »
I’ve been a member for 11.5 years. I get annoyed with certain posters and more than annoyed with others. I’m sure there are those who feel the same about me. I’ve come to trust the moderators, and I’ll continue to do so. I’m sure they’ll reflect on this thread and handle it in a way I can live with.

Thank you moderators for giving us this resource to follow MU basketball (and other stuff for those who want that).  I agree that it is the best board.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2020, 11:31:30 AM »
Yes, best MUBB board by far.

I'd recommend a review of the Ignore feature. It has increased my enjoyment of the site quite a bit.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2020, 11:39:17 AM »

Who we are:

How many bans?
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2020, 11:44:32 AM »

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2020, 11:47:18 AM »
 Can we get the mods to merge this into one topic please. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 12:03:00 PM by Frenns Liquor Depot »

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2020, 12:00:09 PM »
This place is a hot mess for the most part. Incredibly intolerant and ready to call you a racist when your opinion does not line up.

Thank God for the Underboard.

Radiation free, eh Chili?

Death on call

panda

• All American
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2020, 12:15:48 PM »
Radiation free, eh Chili?

This was posted on the Dodd’s board in regards to the NBA putting BLM patches on their uniforms.

“There's another angle to this and that's Adam Silver who is universally loved by the players as the commish. If his league has a ton of players wearing BLM patches it's a horrible look for him personally as a Jewish citizen.“

It’s not too bad over here !

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2020, 12:25:33 PM »
This was posted on the Dodd’s board in regards to the NBA putting BLM patches on their uniforms.

“There's another angle to this and that's Adam Silver who is universally loved by the players as the commish. If his league has a ton of players wearing BLM patches it's a horrible look for him personally as a Jewish citizen.“

Lol.  Did Dodd’s say that?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

panda

• All American
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2020, 12:27:00 PM »

Smart money would be on gr8one, but it was the Muggsy, probably one of the worst posters the internet has ever seen.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2020, 12:37:35 PM »

To be fair in context,  however egregious this comment might be, it was posted on Dodd’s’ political board not on his  MUbb board. This thread is about keeping political stuff off this Scoop/MUbb board.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2020, 12:41:03 PM »
The mods have all but said that scoop has a limited shelf life right now.     I have supported their politics prohibition, as knowing political bents tends to affect opinions about non-political posts. 

But... is it possible to have a discussion about COVID that does not devolve into the political?     How about the protests?     These are all consuming events right now.    Should they just be ignored?    Especially with little to no sports to talk about.    News about MU is the financial situation (related to COVID) and actions by the coaches, players,  and the trainer (related to BLM).

It is tough.     And I know that there have been times in the past when I have nearly walked away when I felt there was a double standard regarding political posts from posters with a different political bent than mine.  (Looking directly at Chicos)

I still love everybody and will miss this place when the mods pull the plug.     Peace to all. 
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

panda

• All American
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2020, 12:41:57 PM »

Like his ear was to the ground, here is gr8one’s response -

“Plus Jewish people are great NBA fans.“

avid1010

• All American
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2020, 12:49:40 PM »
So would we be allowed to speak out about social injustice (kind of a MU/Jesuit thing)...especially related to our team and coaches?