[June 16, 2024, 03:09:36 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[June 16, 2024, 02:42:15 PM]

Bill Scholl Retiring by We R Final Four
[June 16, 2024, 11:50:43 AM]

President Lovell Passes Away by Skatastrophy
[June 15, 2024, 09:14:49 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Coach Killings starts Coaches for Action  (Read 21158 times)

Galway Eagle

• All American
Re: Coach Killings starts Coaches for Action
« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2020, 05:08:53 PM »
This is part of the problem. We as a nation used to pride ourselves on being leaders in the world. We led with our economy, we led with our morals, we led with our strength. Now that we've crashed our economy twice in little over a decade, walked away from our morals, and appear weak, suddenly we don't want to hear what the rest of the world thinks. It might be from a fictional show, but this hasn't stopped being true from the first moment it aired:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTjMqda19wk

Great powerful moment in tv
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #126 on: June 23, 2020, 05:26:32 PM »
Okay I will start with this one...this is Muhammad Ali's son who says his dad would be against the BLM AND The protests over George Floyd's death... https://news.yahoo.com/muhammad-alis-son-said-dad-174437494.html

Here's Candace Owens...https://heavy.com/news/2020/06/candace-owens-george-floyd/

Terrence Williams...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ4QCtXsSpQ

This is from 4 years ago but still relevant to the topic...Milwaukee's own Sheriff David Clarke https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/sheriff-david-clarke-its-time-to-stand-up-to-black-lives-matter

Florida police officer Jay Stalien...https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-36777582

Professor Carol Swain...https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/09/politics/carol-swain-black-lives-matter-smerconish/index.html

This is cool and all but you do realize this represents a minority view in the Black community.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

joparks

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #127 on: June 23, 2020, 05:29:39 PM »
But all lives don't matter equally in the USA.  Maybe you'll pull your head out of the sand someday.  Maybe you won't.  My guess is you'll keep telling yourself that in the great USA all lives matter equally, despite all the evidence that suggests that's not the case.  And you'll be on the wrong side of history while people actually make attempts to move towards the equality you somehow have told yourself there is in this country and you'll call people communists for it.  Which is insane.

I'd tell you to go and watch "Thirteenth" on Netflix, but I know you'd rather remain ignorant to the problems in this country and say, "Well, there are no laws that are blatantly racist so we're good here!  Equality for all!"  It's not reality, but that won't stop people from claiming equality is a real thing in this country.

Unfortunately, do yourself a favor and move away from Netflix as your primary source of news.  The leaders of BLM stated they are Marxists.  You can check other news sites or wait a year and half for the Netflix special to come out on it.  By the way, this country was founded on Liberty, not equality.  The founders of the country specifically did not view the "Equality" model the French based their system on was a system that promoted what was the true focus of their dream which was Liberty or Freedom.  Can you have Liberty with Equality?  Actually, you can't and they recognized this right away.  I think most people would rather have the freedom.  You know what form of system also favors Equality?  Communism.  Look it up, or I'm sure there's a Netflix movie on it extolling all its virtues which is why it's generally failed everywhere it's been implemented.  As far as me telling myself All lives matter.  I'm asking you but maybe I shouldn't because you've already proven yourself to be of suspect intelligence, if I take that viewpoint in my daily actions, doesn't that solve the problem one person at a time?  I think it does.  Or is the head in the sand approach the one you have, fueled by some guilt that a group has been oppressed (it has) and you have to do something about it by virtue signalling others how to think.  Trillions of dollars have been spent to solve the problem you are speaking of today and yet it's just gotten worse.  The reason is the same people patting you on the back for being such a useful idiot are the same people who have dumped all that money down a rabbit hole only to see the groups that money was intended to help fall further behind, all the while they have gotten wealthy on your guilt and victim politics.  The strong majority of blacks want school choice, yet the same people you likely support at the polls are against this idea. 

BTW, the fact that there are in fact NO (0) laws on the books that favor one group of citizens over another group is not just a statement that nothing can be done.  It simply states that the "systemic racism" angle is not easily provable.  You also can't have a functioning society if the opposite were the case.  Equal justice under the law is what ALL people want.  Equal outcomes is not guaranteed through Liberty and while everyone thinks it would be just peachy to have it, they would grow to hate such a system.  My guess is if you do some research - Netflix for you, and find out who has mostly benefited from or hijacked the trillions of dollars that have been spent to fight poverty, you'll find that many of them have alleged support of black community but have done nothing for them.  But what do I know, I'm just a guy with head in the sands dreams of treating everyone the way I want to be treated, while knowing that the problem you are looking to solve starts there.  Not pitting one group against another.  I also know that if this country was so bad, why does everyone in the world of all races, cultures and creeds still want to come here.  It's because this is still the best place in the world - despite the efforts of fools like you.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #128 on: June 23, 2020, 05:43:19 PM »
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #129 on: June 23, 2020, 05:46:08 PM »
Unfortunately, do yourself a favor and move away from Netflix as your primary source of news.  The leaders of BLM stated they are Marxists.  You can check other news sites or wait a year and half for the Netflix special to come out on it.  By the way, this country was founded on Liberty, not equality.  The founders of the country specifically did not view the "Equality" model the French based their system on was a system that promoted what was the true focus of their dream which was Liberty or Freedom.  Can you have Liberty with Equality?  Actually, you can't and they recognized this right away.  I think most people would rather have the freedom.  You know what form of system also favors Equality?  Communism.  Look it up, or I'm sure there's a Netflix movie on it extolling all its virtues which is why it's generally failed everywhere it's been implemented.  As far as me telling myself All lives matter.  I'm asking you but maybe I shouldn't because you've already proven yourself to be of suspect intelligence, if I take that viewpoint in my daily actions, doesn't that solve the problem one person at a time?  I think it does.  Or is the head in the sand approach the one you have, fueled by some guilt that a group has been oppressed (it has) and you have to do something about it by virtue signalling others how to think.  Trillions of dollars have been spent to solve the problem you are speaking of today and yet it's just gotten worse.  The reason is the same people patting you on the back for being such a useful idiot are the same people who have dumped all that money down a rabbit hole only to see the groups that money was intended to help fall further behind, all the while they have gotten wealthy on your guilt and victim politics.  The strong majority of blacks want school choice, yet the same people you likely support at the polls are against this idea. 

BTW, the fact that there are in fact NO (0) laws on the books that favor one group of citizens over another group is not just a statement that nothing can be done.  It simply states that the "systemic racism" angle is not easily provable.  You also can't have a functioning society if the opposite were the case.  Equal justice under the law is what ALL people want.  Equal outcomes is not guaranteed through Liberty and while everyone thinks it would be just peachy to have it, they would grow to hate such a system.  My guess is if you do some research - Netflix for you, and find out who has mostly benefited from or hijacked the trillions of dollars that have been spent to fight poverty, you'll find that many of them have alleged support of black community but have done nothing for them.  But what do I know, I'm just a guy with head in the sands dreams of treating everyone the way I want to be treated, while knowing that the problem you are looking to solve starts there.  Not pitting one group against another.  I also know that if this country was so bad, why does everyone in the world of all races, cultures and creeds still want to come here.  It's because this is still the best place in the world - despite the efforts of fools like you.

AKA I'd rather have my head in the sand and call people Communists than actually educate myself on the issues.

Sounds about right.  MAGA!

PS Thanks for stopping by Ners.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #130 on: June 23, 2020, 05:47:42 PM »
Marquette is on the right side of history and young African-American athletes are beginning to assert their power.  A lot of people are terrified.  Marquette isn’t.  The Big East isn’t.  Nor should they be

joparks

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #131 on: June 23, 2020, 05:48:47 PM »
This is part of the problem. We as a nation used to pride ourselves on being leaders in the world. We led with our economy, we led with our morals, we led with our strength. Now that we've crashed our economy twice in little over a decade, walked away from our morals, and appear weak, suddenly we don't want to hear what the rest of the world thinks. It might be from a fictional show, but this hasn't stopped being true from the first moment it aired:

Brew, it's from a fictional show which while it's point is all nice and warm, it's from Hollywood and it's a written script.  It's not real.  May feel real to you and it may be what most of the mainstream press corps feels and it might have some ring to it.  But it's not what the majority of Americans feel because many people share the values that he speaks of when he says we used to be.  When I say America is the best, it's the best because when the chips are down, we work together to fix the problems.  This country is far from perfect but still better than all.  In this day where everything seems to be polarizing the one thing to take pride in is that there is still a debate on how to become better.  When that debate stops, that is when all is truly lost.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #132 on: June 23, 2020, 05:54:01 PM »
Brew, it's from a fictional show which while it's point is all nice and warm, it's from Hollywood and it's a written script.  It's not real.  May feel real to you and it may be what most of the mainstream press corps feels and it might have some ring to it.  But it's not what the majority of Americans feel because many people share the values that he speaks of when he says we used to be.  When I say America is the best, it's the best because when the chips are down, we work together to fix the problems.  This country is far from perfect but still better than all.  In this day where everything seems to be polarizing the one thing to take pride in is that there is still a debate on how to become better.  When that debate stops, that is when all is truly lost.

I always have to ask myself...if America is such a racist country, why do so many immigrants want to come here then?? Doesn't that kind of defeat the argument?
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

withoutbias

• All American
« Reply #133 on: June 23, 2020, 06:01:19 PM »
A lot of ignorance here. Denying that racism is a problem in America is absolutely insane. But hey some people living in Yemen would rather come to America than live in their war torn country so obviously racism isn’t an issue here!

I honestly can’t believe Marquette graduates are this ignorant.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2020, 06:03:20 PM »
AKA I'd rather have my head in the sand and call people Communists than actually educate myself on the issues.

I mean, he is NOT wrong...facts do matter..the founder did say they are trained marxists. Now, people in America are really and truly okay with Marxism in this country?? I would certainly hope not, and if you are, maybe you need to really ask yourself if you belong in America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdpIIiBe7Wc

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2020, 06:13:29 PM »

That's literally what I was going to say.

You can also highlight cliches in his post and get an alt-right BINGO

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2020, 06:26:06 PM »
I always have to ask myself...if America is such a racist country, why do so many immigrants want to come here then?? Doesn't that kind of defeat the argument?
Because the US in Latin America is depicted as a perfect utopia, they find the myth is not true once here. Others leave totalitarian governments (we are on our way), others leave because they're threatened by gangs etc. If you are lucky to have a degree in many of the professions that there is more demand than available workforce you can obviously make more money, the US will welcome you with open arms (that changed today), but once here you will be treated differently by many of your peers.
Goal is National Championship

muguru

• All American
« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2020, 06:29:39 PM »

You can read many posters here and clearly understand that they are part of the radical left as well. Those in glass houses...

joparks

• Scholarship Player
« Reply #138 on: June 23, 2020, 06:32:18 PM »

Alt-right Bingo?  Cliches in the post.  Rather than trying to break it down word for word trying to find hidden clues, how about taking the whole post together.  If you guys don't think your "mainstream" posts in this echo chamber aren't filled with cliches from the Democrat party, please, feel free to come down from your ivory tower.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #139 on: June 23, 2020, 06:34:33 PM »
This is a great moment for Marquette and the Big East.  Say what you will about Wojo but he’s identified coaches that are leaders of young men.  Brett Nelson and Stan Johnson have head jobs.  Coach Killings will be a head coach one day, too. 

jt92

• Starter
« Reply #140 on: June 23, 2020, 06:35:06 PM »
A lot of ignorance here. Denying that racism is a problem in America is absolutely insane. But hey some people living in Yemen would rather come to America than live in their war torn country so obviously racism isn’t an issue here!

I honestly can’t believe Marquette graduates are this ignorant.

Of course if you don’t agree with me you are a racist.   Come on..you are the ignorant one.  No one is denying racism..please what a disgusting thing to say.  Cheap political shot. What a shame. 

MU82

• All American
« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2020, 06:36:59 PM »
Okay I will start with this one...this is Muhammad Ali's son who says his dad would be against the BLM AND The protests over George Floyd's death... https://news.yahoo.com/muhammad-alis-son-said-dad-174437494.html

Here's Candace Owens...https://heavy.com/news/2020/06/candace-owens-george-floyd/

Terrence Williams...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ4QCtXsSpQ

This is from 4 years ago but still relevant to the topic...Milwaukee's own Sheriff David Clarke https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/sheriff-david-clarke-its-time-to-stand-up-to-black-lives-matter

Florida police officer Jay Stalien...https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-36777582

Professor Carol Swain...https://www.cnn.com/2016/07/09/politics/carol-swain-black-lives-matter-smerconish/index.html

Thanks, guru. I could make talk down each of those, would be very easy to do, but I won't. I asked for some links and you provided them, so I'll thank you and let them stand on their own.

Given that the vast, vast, vast majority of black Americans support BLM (see the poll I posted) -- and, indeed, the vast majority of Americans, period, regardless of race, support BLM -- it was good you were able to find some clips of some black people who don't. Maybe can make you and Ners/jo and a few other queasy white folks feel better about yourselves.

Marquette's black players and coaches appear to be siding with the vast majority of those who support BLM. Same seems true of those from other Big East teams. So when they get those BLM patches on their uniforms, and talk about BLM at press conferences, and maybe take a knee during the anthem, you, like others who are opposed to this "Marxist" movement, will have a tough decision to make. We'll see if you have the same courage of your conviction as our Marquette student-athletes do.

Now, I look forward to you responding to the rest of my post and giving similar thought to the voices from Republican Voters Against Trump, The Lincoln Project and other similar conservative groups that truly include some prominent names (yes, even more prominent than Ali's son that nobody has ever heard of). As you asked, who decides that what they say is irrelevant, and everyone that supports the current president are right?? Can't they also have valid points and views on it?? Isn't part of being a Republican about "listening"? Why aren't those prominent Republicans being "listened" to by Trump supporters like you?? That's where I get confused.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #142 on: June 23, 2020, 06:53:49 PM »
This is cool and all but you do realize this represents a minority view in the Black community.
You were extremely generous. I mean not the best examples. And Ali's son somehow didn't really know who he was. The guy was willing to go to jail to protest racism over Vietnam wall and joined Malcom X. Very doubtful he would be against BLM and pro Trump. Candace Owens I doubt muguru knows the real story of the mercenary nut. MKE's ex-police chief LOL he would have joined the KKK if they accepted him. The more I read guru's posts the more I feel for him totally out of touch.
Goal is National Championship

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2020, 06:57:32 PM »
You were extremely generous. I mean not the best examples. And Ali's son somehow didn't really know who he was. The guy was willing to go to jail to protest racism over Vietnam wall and joined Malcom X. Very doubtful he would be against BLM and pro Trump. Candace Owens I doubt muguru knows the real story of the mercenary nut. MKE's ex-police chief LOL he would have joined the KKK if they accepted him. The more I read guru's posts the more I feel for him totally out of touch.

Newsie there are many people that support your view here. 

For those that want more info I would look to Theo and Sacar’s stories/interviews.  I would also ask MU to have the coaches and team to continue to communicate why this is important.  Just listen before judging. 

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #144 on: June 23, 2020, 07:15:15 PM »
Yep a fake persona a troll. 9-9-9

After all these years, it's amazing how many people here fail to realize that Herman is as real as Santa Claus.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #145 on: June 23, 2020, 07:19:35 PM »
Wait I'm all confused. 

May be the only accurate sentence you've ever written here
And congrats. Admitting you have a problem is a crucial first step.

• All American
« Reply #146 on: June 23, 2020, 07:19:42 PM »

I mean, he is NOT wrong...facts do matter..the founder did say they are trained marxists. Now, people in America are really and truly okay with Marxism in this country?? I would certainly hope not, and if you are, maybe you need to really ask yourself if you belong in America.

I guess you missed the dozen explanations above about the difference between the BLM movement and the nonprofit that co-opted the name.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #147 on: June 23, 2020, 07:19:49 PM »
One more time.

I concede that racism is a real problem in the US. Fighting it is a noble and just cause.

I believe that Black Lives Matter and see nothing wrong with the idea, the sentiment or the slogan.

I support all who march peacefully in hopes of producing a more just society.

I don’t, however, support people with their heads in the sand. BLM is not a movement/organization co-opted by a few crazy Marxists. It is an organization/movement formed by and still led by committed Marxists. The only path they see to black equality is the worldwide adoption of Marxist principles. The people who do not know this (and I suspect it’s the vast majority of those who have recently joined the movement) are the ones with their heads in the sand. To date, I have seen nothing anywhere about members or leaders of the “movement” repudiating the goals of the founders and leaders of the “organization”. I’ll gladly support a movement to end systemic racism. I’d even (perish the thought) march arm in arm with Wades in its pursuit. But not if Marxism is the end game.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #148 on: June 23, 2020, 07:20:02 PM »
Thanks, guru. I could make talk down each of those, would be very easy to do, but I won't. I asked for some links and you provided them, so I'll thank you and let them stand on their own.

Given that the vast, vast, vast majority of black Americans support BLM (see the poll I posted) -- and, indeed, the vast majority of Americans, period, regardless of race, support BLM -- it was good you were able to find some clips of some black people who don't. Maybe can make you and Ners/jo and a few other queasy white folks feel better about yourselves.

Marquette's black players and coaches appear to be siding with the vast majority of those who support BLM. Same seems true of those from other Big East teams. So when they get those BLM patches on their uniforms, and talk about BLM at press conferences, and maybe take a knee during the anthem, you, like others who are opposed to this "Marxist" movement, will have a tough decision to make. We'll see if you have the same courage of your conviction as our Marquette student-athletes do.

Now, I look forward to you responding to the rest of my post and giving similar thought to the voices from Republican Voters Against Trump, The Lincoln Project and other similar conservative groups that truly include some prominent names (yes, even more prominent than Ali's son that nobody has ever heard of). As you asked, who decides that what they say is irrelevant, and everyone that supports the current president are right?? Can't they also have valid points and views on it?? Isn't part of being a Republican about "listening"? Why aren't those prominent Republicans being "listened" to by Trump supporters like you?? That's where I get confused.

Here's how I will answer that...Those "republicans"(I use that term loosely) are no different than most people that are representative in this poll....Now as you can see, a vast majority of democrats(and I'm willing to bet you and most here) if they are honest will admit they are part of the category that will vote for Biden, simply because they HATE Trump. Let's be honest, no one can say what Biden stands for, and let's also be further honest, he's a terrible candidate, but again the left will vote for him because they HATE Trump. That's simply fact(and this poll bears that out).

My particular views are, I vote for Presidents based on their policies(I'm a big policy guy, that's what should matter), and too many people especially on the left are good listeners...too good of listeners, as particularly with Trump, they listen to what he says, and ignore what he does. Yes, he's unconventional and not Presidential in the truest sense, and he needs to stay off twitter, but honest people know and can see, he really does care about America, his policies have been good. Most people don't care to admit that because it doesn't fit their agendas.

I've voted for Dems before(on down ballot) and I would have no problems voting for a Dem again IF I was a fan of their policies. The problem is, your party has become the radical left, and I just can't support that. If there were ever a Dem candidate that wasn't as progressive and as radical left as they have all become, I would consider voting for them if their policies and beliefs represented mine. For Example, I was a Joe Lieberman fan. I am also not a fan of all Republicans.

Look, I personally will NEVER vote for a candidate simply because I HATE the other one for whatever reason. That's not what I believe in. To me that's not how it's supposed to work. I will use this analogy. If MU ever hired a Coach I absolutely couldn't stand personally. If he was a winner, I would support him because that's what would benefit MU basketball the most. Doesn't matter if I like the guy or not.

I know this will fall on deaf ears, but it's something i have to say and ask of my fellow scoopers and all Americans...I want you to dig deep inside your soul, and ask yourself at this point in time in America where hatred is being condemned(and with good reason) Should you really and truly be casting your vote because of...hatred?? Isn't that going against everything we are told not to do and what you believe?? I also know(whether you will admit it or not) 99% of you here that are voting for Biden, are simply voting AGAINST Trump and NOT for Biden. I know that you know that's true. No one can honestly say they like Joe Biden. Not even a lot of Dems can.

• All American
« Reply #149 on: June 23, 2020, 07:21:16 PM »
One more time.

I concede that racism is a real problem in the US. Fighting it is a noble and just cause.

I believe that Black Lives Matter and see nothing wrong with the idea, the sentiment or the slogan.

I support all who march peacefully in hopes of producing a more just society.

I don’t, however, support people with their heads in the sand. BLM is not a movement/organization co-opted by a few crazy Marxists. It is an organization/movement formed by and still led by committed Marxists. The only path they see to black equality is the worldwide adoption of Marxist principles. The people who do not know this (and I suspect it’s the vast majority of those who have recently joined the movement) are the ones with their heads in the sand. To date, I have seen nothing anywhere about members or leaders of the “movement” repudiating the goals of the founders and leaders of the “organization”. I’ll gladly support a movement to end systemic racism. I’d even (perish the thought) march arm in arm with Wades in its pursuit. But not if Marxism is the end game.

You still don’t get it. Do you really think that’s what people are marching for?  Why people are saying Black Lives Matter?  That they are Marxists or sympathizing with Marxist ideology?

This is just a distraction. Don’t be distracted.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 07:23:09 PM by Fluffy Blue Monster »