[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Coach Killings starts Coaches for Action  (Read 20518 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Coach Killings starts Coaches for Action
« Reply #200 on: June 23, 2020, 09:18:42 PM »
Question...is the scholarship initiative that's being implemented for black athletes that commit to BE schools, is that something that needs to be cleared by the NCAA first?? And I honestly don't know, will this be even a small recruiting advantage??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #201 on: June 23, 2020, 09:34:26 PM »
Question...is the scholarship initiative that's being implemented for black athletes that commit to BE schools, is that something that needs to be cleared by the NCAA first?? And I honestly don't know, will this be even a small recruiting advantage??

Who cares?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #202 on: June 23, 2020, 09:35:59 PM »
Why the flying eff does this have to do with the BLM movement?

I didn’t know guru could get more unhinged than he normally is but wow.

Isn't he the same guy who was complaining some months back that he couldn't find a decent woman?

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #203 on: June 23, 2020, 09:49:23 PM »
A bunch of thugs shrouded in words. That is all that is going on here. It is all leading away from the real issues which have nothing to do with racism and everything to do with personal responsibility .

Let me ask you a theoretical question Mr. Fluffy. Lets just assume for a second you were working in a high position at a theoretical college in northern Wisconsin  that was ranked 2,110th in racial diversity in the United States. That college logging in at 1 percent black students. Given your theoretical high position in this theoretical school, do you feel that makes you a party to systemic racism. By virtue of your affiliation with this theoretical  institution are you a racist are the white kids that go to that school racists?

The fake troll account keeps trolling
Goal is National Championship

MU82

• All American
« Reply #204 on: June 23, 2020, 09:49:31 PM »
Here's how I will answer that...Those "republicans"(I use that term loosely) are no different than most people that are representative in this poll....Now as you can see, a vast majority of democrats(and I'm willing to bet you and most here) if they are honest will admit they are part of the category that will vote for Biden, simply because they HATE Trump. Let's be honest, no one can say what Biden stands for, and let's also be further honest, he's a terrible candidate, but again the left will vote for him because they HATE Trump. That's simply fact(and this poll bears that out).

My particular views are, I vote for Presidents based on their policies(I'm a big policy guy, that's what should matter), and too many people especially on the left are good listeners...too good of listeners, as particularly with Trump, they listen to what he says, and ignore what he does. Yes, he's unconventional and not Presidential in the truest sense, and he needs to stay off twitter, but honest people know and can see, he really does care about America, his policies have been good. Most people don't care to admit that because it doesn't fit their agendas.

I've voted for Dems before(on down ballot) and I would have no problems voting for a Dem again IF I was a fan of their policies. The problem is, your party has become the radical left, and I just can't support that. If there were ever a Dem candidate that wasn't as progressive and as radical left as they have all become, I would consider voting for them if their policies and beliefs represented mine. For Example, I was a Joe Lieberman fan. I am also not a fan of all Republicans.

Look, I personally will NEVER vote for a candidate simply because I HATE the other one for whatever reason. That's not what I believe in. To me that's not how it's supposed to work. I will use this analogy. If MU ever hired a Coach I absolutely couldn't stand personally. If he was a winner, I would support him because that's what would benefit MU basketball the most. Doesn't matter if I like the guy or not.

I know this will fall on deaf ears, but it's something i have to say and ask of my fellow scoopers and all Americans...I want you to dig deep inside your soul, and ask yourself at this point in time in America where hatred is being condemned(and with good reason) Should you really and truly be casting your vote because of...hatred?? Isn't that going against everything we are told not to do and what you believe?? I also know(whether you will admit it or not) 99% of you here that are voting for Biden, are simply voting AGAINST Trump and NOT for Biden. I know that you know that's true. No one can honestly say they like Joe Biden. Not even a lot of Dems can.

guru:

First, here is a very interesting factoid from the most recent Fox News poll:

Among those who dislike both of them, Biden is preferred over Trump in the presidential matchup by 63 points.  And those who view both Biden and Trump negatively pick Biden by 32 points.  In 2016, voters with unfavorable views of both Clinton and Trump voted for Trump by 17 points.

In 2016, most voters did not like either candidate. Trump won because more voters hated Clinton. It's what got your emperor elected, it's what got the Dems the House in 2018, and if Biden wins in November, it will be what will have gotten your hero out of office. You might not "like" people who vote like that, but it happens ALL the time in politics.

Second, you dismissed real Republicans -- men and women who have spent their entire lives as conservative Republicans -- even more casually than I dismissed the 5 black people you could dig up who don't support BLM. Are you saying that George Will and Rick Wilson and George Bush AREN'T Republicans? They've been Republicans a hell of a lot longer than your hero has been. When Bill Kristol was a mover and a shaker in national Republican circles, your emperor was a New York liberal. Your hero still isn't a Republican. He's a Trumplican. No matter what, he turns everything back to himself.

Third, Biden stands for a lot of things, including decency, honor, sacrifice and science over "gut." He stands for appointing qualified people and listening to them. He stands for putting others before himself -- an outrageous concept for your emperor.

He stands from knowing he isn't perfect, admitting his mistakes and learning from them. Humility. The impeached President Quid Pro Quo might want to try that once in his life.

What does he stand for? His two speeches after George Floyd was murdered were better than any speech your emperor has made in his entire life. Honest, empathetic, heartfelt, beautiful.

What does Biden stand for? Ask Lindsey Graham.

"If you can't admire Joe Biden as a person, you've got a problem. You need to do some self-evaluation, 'cause, what's not to like? He is as good a man as God ever created. He's the nicest person I think I've ever met in politics."

And Biden stands for "normalcy" -- something this country desperately needs after 4 years of horrific POLICIES from your emperor.

Yep ... policies. Let's talk about them.

"When the looting starts, the shooting starts" IS policy. So was stealing money from military families to build a wall that he claimed 1,000 times Mexico would pay for. So was the entirely new welfare program for farmers that he had to start because he had personally crushed them with his "easy to win" trade wars. So was having his militia attack peaceful protesters just so he could have a photo-op. I could go on and on with his delightful policies.

Saying he is the ally of all peaceful protesters just hours before criticizing NFL players for protesting peacefully IS policy.

One of his first policy statements came before he even got elected: "Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on." As unconstitutional as it was horrible.

Signaling cops that they shouldn't worry about being over-the-top violent in performing their jobs IS policy.

Telling everybody to take an unvetted, dangerous drug because "what the hell do you have to lose?" IS policy. Telling governors they have to re-open their states only hours after issuing guidelines for re-opening that none of those states had met ... that IS policy.

He has used cruelty for the sake of cruelty in his policies against gay people, transgenders, DACA residents, Mexicans, Asians, Latinos, and of course black people.

His own defense secretary, Mark Esper, publicly rebuked one of President Bone Spur's most recent policy initiatives: invoking the Insurrection Act, which would activate the military to use against those protesting systemic racism.

His first defense secretary, Jim Mattis, said: "Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people -- does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort."

Making a deliberate effort to divide our great democratic republic IS policy.

You like his policies. You know who LOVES his policies? David Duke, Jason Kessler, Richard Spencer and white supremacists everywhere. After his third crack at a post-Charlottesville speech, when he decided to really go all-in on saying there were very fine people marching with torches and chanting anti-Semitic slogans, Duke and Spencer THANKED him. Duke said that's why he was their choice. They LOVE his effen policies. You're afraid of BLM being associated with Marquette, but you have no problem associating yourself with a man beloved by white supremacists.

Everybody knew Trump's character before the election. He is a reprehensible human being with few (if any) redeeming qualities -- a pathological liar who has spent decades chiseling contractors, stealing from his own charity, cheating on three wives, swindling college students, treating women only as sex objects, stiffing creditors and making racist statements.

He spent 8 years trying (and failing) to prove that a president who was elected in a landslide and re-elected in another landslide was not a U.S. citizen; it's no coincidence that the subject of Trump's obsessive attacks is black. During the campaign, he viciously attacked his GOP rivals, even going after their families; now, disgustingly and inexplicably, most of them kiss his rump.

I give him credit for signing the First Step Act. I'm not sure how Ivanka, Kanye and Kim Kardashian convinced him to do it, but he did, and it's good policy. Maybe I could find another one or two of his policies to like if I really put on my thinking cap.

Otherwise, as Jim Mattis says, we are seeing the effect of 3+ years of his cruel, inept, corrupt, self-promoting, hateful policies, of his ignoring the Constitution to enrich his ego and his personal wealth.

Or as Lindsey Graham said before losing his mind, his conscience, his moral compass and his soul: "He's a race-baiting, xenophobic religious bigot. You know how you make America great again? Tell Donald Trump to go to Hell."[/i]
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #205 on: June 23, 2020, 09:56:33 PM »
A bunch of thugs shrouded in words. That is all that is going on here. It is all leading away from the real issues which have nothing to do with racism and everything to do with personal responsibility .

Let me ask you a theoretical question Mr. Fluffy. Lets just assume for a second you were working in a high position at a theoretical college in northern Wisconsin  that was ranked 2,110th in racial diversity in the United States. That college logging in at 1 percent black students. Given your theoretical high position in this theoretical school, do you feel that makes you a party to systemic racism. By virtue of your affiliation with this theoretical  institution are you a racist are the white kids that go to that school racists?

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #206 on: June 23, 2020, 10:08:11 PM »
I think anyone who thinks Coach Killings is a Marxist should so go hell.  I support coach Killings.  This is done.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 10:33:37 PM by rocky_warrior »