collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: So who is going to Disney World?  (Read 7367 times)

muwarrior69

• All American

buckchuckler

• All American
Re: So who is going to Disney World?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 12:55:37 PM »
Not in the cards this year for various reasons, but hopefully next year.  Fall-ish maybe. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 01:00:01 PM »
Only if I win a championship.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 02:55:13 PM »
Hot, humid, and stuck in the middle of a crowd. Sounds like fun.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 03:15:36 PM »
 Never wanted to go.  Never been.  Won't be going anytime soon. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 03:29:00 PM »
Never wanted to go.  Never been.  Won't be going anytime soon.

Took the kids one time when they were small. Would never go back again.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 04:20:47 PM »
I have a co-worker who is a little nuts.  First off, he gets the season pass to Six Flags, plus the parking pass, plus the "food plan."  This was the end of last season's deal.  Don't get me started on the "food plan."

In January, he springs for Disney for his family .. unsurprisingly, he buys the Disney Food Plan.

During the shut-down, airfare is cheap, so he buys tickets.   

Now he says 90% chance he doesn't go.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2020, 04:23:40 PM »
Actually love the place.   The standard for customer service that all others are measured by.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2020, 05:09:30 PM »
I have a co-worker who is a little nuts.  First off, he gets the season pass to Six Flags, plus the parking pass, plus the "food plan."  This was the end of last season's deal.  Don't get me started on the "food plan."

In January, he springs for Disney for his family .. unsurprisingly, he buys the Disney Food Plan.

During the shut-down, airfare is cheap, so he buys tickets.   

Now he says 90% chance he doesn't go.

Is his name um_hulltopper?

We already rescheduled the damn extended family trip to the mouse for next april.  F me.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2020, 05:14:30 PM »
Was there when the kids were young. We had a good time and appreciated the great customer service, but once was plenty for all of us.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2020, 05:43:13 PM »
Went once shortly after we were married, then we took our kids when they were like 7 and 8.

And that's more than enough for me.

I told my wife that if she wants to take the grandkids someday, she can accompany our son and daughter-in-law while I go play golf. And thankfully she's find with that.

As for the OP question ... if I were willing to ever go there again, this would be far too soon for me.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2020, 08:04:56 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/travel/disney-world-present-reopening-plans-theme-park

Not me.

Attended several times with family and would do so again.  With so many Americans afraid to go outside, it is the perfect time to go.  Cannot leave our lives barricaded in our homes or afraid to live.  Sign me up.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

🏀

• All American
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2020, 08:16:24 PM »
Attended several times with family and would do so again.  With so many Americans afraid to go outside, it is the perfect time to go.  Cannot leave our lives barricaded in our homes or afraid to live.  Sign me up.

We have all seen your Goofy hat.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2020, 08:24:50 PM »

Very cool. Hopefully you fire up that big old diesel eating pickup truck of yours and drive it over there to show all those Tesla driving betas what you’re all about.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2020, 08:33:58 PM »
Very cool. Hopefully you fire up that big old diesel eating pickup truck of yours and drive it over there to show all those Tesla driving betas what you’re all about.

Do not own a truck and would never own a diesel vehicle of any kind because of the harm to the environment.  We own a hybrid now ourselves.  We all have to live our lives as we see fit.  So much anger.  Are some of you people not having sex while hunkered down?   :D
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2020, 08:54:56 PM »
Do not own a truck and would never own a diesel vehicle of any kind because of the harm to the environment.  We own a hybrid now ourselves.  We all have to live our lives as we see fit.  So much anger.  Are some of you people not having sex while hunkered down?   :D

Ah yes. And a lifelong Democrat that’s never voted anything but blue at that!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

injuryBug

• Team Captain
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2020, 09:17:46 PM »
Been there several times my favorite vacation place.  Went over Thanksgiving when Buzz was coaching and Xavier, Michigan and FSU games.  Great time.

Supposed to go to Disneyland in July but just canceled that trip will push that trip to next June.
Like Tower said the customer service at Disney is second to none

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2020, 10:10:03 PM »
There was an incident the last time I was at Disney.

Winnie the Pooh was there.  There were lots of other kids around him .. one thing they were doing was sticking their hand in his mouth.

So I stuck my hand in his mouth. 

And Pooh clamped down.  Hard.

With all my might, I could not dislodge my hand.  My dad took a picture of this incident, me with the stuck hand, sheer terror on my face.

That was ~44 years ago. 

I swear, if I ever go back to Disney, I am going to pop him in the snout so hard his teeth will fall out.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2020, 10:19:09 PM »
There was an incident the last time I was at Disney.

Winnie the Pooh was there.  There were lots of other kids around him .. one thing they were doing was sticking their hand in his mouth.

So I stuck my hand in his mouth. 

And Pooh clamped down.  Hard.

With all my might, I could not dislodge my hand.  My dad took a picture of this incident, me with the stuck hand, sheer terror on my face.

That was ~44 years ago. 

I swear, if I ever go back to Disney, I am going to pop him in the snout so hard his teeth will fall out.

https://youtu.be/6af1dAc9rXo

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2020, 10:41:32 PM »

Hmmm...Funny, but I had you pegged as more of a Disneyland guy rather than a Disney World man.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2020, 11:24:42 PM »
Actually love the place.   The standard for customer service that all others are measured by.

Totally agree. Went 2 years ago with my GF, her sister/BIL and their 3 young kids. Was my first trip in 15-20 years. Expected to have the magic bubble pop, outside of some nostalgia. Completely wrong.  Beyond amusement at being able to appreciate how absurdly expensive everything was, I was amazed at how well done it is all over again. The only thing that changed is the park is much smaller than you remember as a kid and the rides cruelly short. Otherwise it’s still a remarkable place. And EPCOT is way more fun as an adult.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2020, 07:50:54 AM »
EPCOT during their food and wine festival is fun, although that event makes the rest of Disney seem inexpensive.  :-[

tower912

• All American
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2020, 08:22:41 AM »
Last time I went was 8 years ago.   We stayed for several days.    My then-teenage daughter's life would be incomplete if we didn't go over to Universal so she could see Harry Potter World, or whatever the hell it is called.     So she and I took a day trip via shuttle to Universal.   Universal is a great park.    But I had become so used to Disney that I noticed a weed on a sidewalk.    I noticed not being told to have a wonderful day.    Disney customer service is just at another level. 

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2020, 09:10:37 AM »
My wife and MIL go almost every year, I go around every 3.  Its a lot of fun no matter your age.  A ton of amazing food options at every park.  We usually go in September for the Food and Wine festival.  We never wait more than 45 min for a ride as a rule.  The new Star Wars area is unbelievable.  Perfect experience for fans. 

If you haven't been in more than 10 years, then you may as well have not been.  Everything has changed.  It isn't just lines for rides.  There are shows, Tons of interactions in and out of lines using your smart phone.

We had a very nice dinner at the Japanese area in EPCOT... Wagyu beef and other high quality ingredients.

We had plans to go this winter with my parents and my brother's family.  Unsure if we will be attending, but that is months away.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2020, 10:05:01 AM »
I've been with the family to Magic Kingdom twice.  Two one-day visits.
Took a split day visit one trip to Animal Kingdom & Epcot.
My kids were always more interested in Harry Potter World at Universal and hanging at the pool at the Hilton Resort than Disney.

I've eaten at the Japanese Restaurant in Disney.  The food was excellent and Japanese shop had many unique items, but it's a lot less expensive to go to a very good Japanese Restaurant in NYC and then visit the Muji store.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 10:07:08 AM by MU Fan in Connecticut »

feedback