Cain1
McEwen1

'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: Seton Hall (BET) - CANCELLED

Marquette
Marquette vs

Seton Hall

Date/Time: CANCELLED
TV: NA
Schedule for 2019-20
St. John's

Author Topic: Jose Perez commits to Marquette  (Read 9998 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Jose Perez commits to Marquette
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2020, 05:28:18 PM »
So you were okay with that performance?

Shifting goalposts.

Badgerhater

• All American
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2020, 06:09:42 PM »
Shifting goalposts.

Nope.  Frustrated because MU has a mediocre coach who is not bad enough to fire but not good enough to want to keep around.  Hope he gets better but the track record does not suggest he will.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2020, 06:36:59 PM »
So you were okay with that performance?

In 2018-19? Yes. This past season? No.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2020, 08:33:05 PM »
Killings is the new Stan.  Huh

Was before Stan even left IMO
Symir
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Greggery Peccary

• All American
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2020, 09:07:44 AM »
Happy to have this young man choose our alma mater.

May he do to each of our opponents what he did to Tony Bennett's Virginia Cavaliers in the 2019 NCAA tourney.

I think you meant 2018?

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2020, 09:15:21 AM »
8-10 in conference with an All American...I forgot to add
It was a very unbalanced team. We lost at least three games where Howard could not make the winning play.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2020, 09:32:01 AM »
I think you meant 2018?

Nope. Perez went for 19 points on 7-10 shooting against UVA in the first round of the NCAA Tournament during UVA’s title run in 2019.

Scoop Snoop

• Starter
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2020, 10:00:00 AM »
It was a very unbalanced team. We lost at least three games where Howard could not make the winning play.

1) Coaches are responsible for balancing teams.

2) This is what often happens when a short player is expected to "make the winning play" while being double teamed and there is no apparent Plan B.
"Your words don't mean anything to me. Argument doesn't have any effect on me."
Doc Burton: "I wasn't arguing. I was asking for information. All of you people get angry when you're asked a question."

Excerpt from a Steinbeck novel.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2020, 10:18:09 AM »
I think you meant 2018?

I don't mind being corrected, because I make mistakes like anybody else. But if you're gonna go out of your way to correct somebody, you might want to make sure your correction is correct.

As wades says ...

Nope. Perez went for 19 points on 7-10 shooting against UVA in the first round of the NCAA Tournament during UVA’s title run in 2019.
"We have thrown 15 years of institutional learning out the window and are making decisions based on intuition."

-- Dr. James Lawler, former Bush and Obama infectious-disease adviser

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2020, 04:00:14 PM »
1) Coaches are responsible for balancing teams.

2) This is what often happens when a short player is expected to "make the winning play" while being double teamed and there is no apparent Plan B.
I do not disagree with either of these two points. I was commenting on the poster who said we did not do well with an all-American on the team. I am interested in seeing how well Mu performs this year without Howard.

I also posted before the season started that Howard was not a clutch player. The season proved that this statement was correct. We missed Sam, because he was our clutch player.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 04:02:59 PM by bilsu »

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2020, 04:44:35 PM »
I do not disagree with either of these two points. I was commenting on the poster who said we did not do well with an all-American on the team. I am interested in seeing how well Mu performs this year without Howard.

I also posted before the season started that Howard was not a clutch player. The season proved that this statement was correct. We missed Sam, because he was our clutch player.
Agreed.  I see us being close in a lot of games but losing due to a lack of a clutch player and coaching.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 04:49:06 PM by WhiteTrash »

Scoop Snoop

• Starter
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2020, 10:52:25 PM »

OK, now I see where you were coming from. You are spot on regarding Sam.

Getting back on track with the title of the thread, hopefully Perez will not only be a surprise but also be like Rowsey and Reinhart in terms of being an "in your face" type of player that he is reputed to be. Theo is the only guy right now that has some of that attitude.
"Your words don't mean anything to me. Argument doesn't have any effect on me."
Doc Burton: "I wasn't arguing. I was asking for information. All of you people get angry when you're asked a question."

Excerpt from a Steinbeck novel.

muguru

• All American
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

panda

• Team Captain
« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2020, 11:52:57 AM »
Has it ever been mentioned yet, why he left the team midway through last season?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2020, 12:08:12 PM »
Has it ever been mentioned yet, why he left the team midway through last season?

Curious on that as well.  Haven't seen anything other than speculation on mental health issues. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2020, 01:38:43 PM »
https://www.jsonline.com/story/sports/2020/05/22/marquette-transfer-guard-jose-perez-discusses-basketball-school/5240015002/

Perez said the MU staff saw him as a versatile player like Sacar Anim, who was a valuable glue guy over his final three seasons with the Golden Eagles.

"Play-make, shoot, put it on the floor, make my teammates better," Perez said. "Dive on the floor. Take a charge. Guard the best player on the other team."

I love this kid already.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car    ---- Dr. Blackheart

4everDawson

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2020, 01:49:04 PM »
I love this kid already.

Me too, thanks for the quote.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.