[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by avid1010
[April 26, 2024, 07:48:11 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID Economy  (Read 230198 times)

pacearrow02

• Starter
Re: COVID Economy
« Reply #1050 on: March 05, 2021, 02:36:34 PM »
Arizona joining the party in lifting all business restrictions!!!  Come on Evers, let’s do it.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1051 on: March 05, 2021, 02:42:32 PM »
Arizona joining the party in lifting all business restrictions!!!  Come on Evers, let’s do it.

evers doesn't need a high body count to satisfy his ego.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1052 on: March 05, 2021, 02:43:51 PM »

His home companion care aides haven't told him to do that yet.   It's still oatmeal time.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1053 on: March 05, 2021, 06:03:29 PM »

highest increase in numbers of covid are all along the border, texas to california...gee, i wonder what that's all about? 

don't...don't don't don't don't

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1054 on: March 05, 2021, 06:47:46 PM »
  highest increase in numbers of covid are all along the border, texas to california...gee, i wonder what that's all about?

Source?

And, if true, shouldn't we be still wearing masks and shutting down in those areas?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1055 on: March 05, 2021, 06:50:42 PM »

Honest question, what is your problem with illegal immigration.  Genuinely curious.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1056 on: March 05, 2021, 07:06:22 PM »
Ah, its illegal. That is all, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1057 on: March 05, 2021, 07:14:42 PM »
Honest question, what is your problem with illegal immigration.  Genuinely curious.

teal?  "illegal' immigration is, umm, illegal eyn'a?  i'm all for coming in the front door man!

oh and jesman-google is your friend

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1058 on: March 05, 2021, 07:33:11 PM »

you for illegal prostitution?  hows about illegal murder?  rape? not saying they're all the same except for the "illegal" part

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #1059 on: March 05, 2021, 07:41:17 PM »
Ah, its illegal. That is all, aina?

I’m pretty sure that’s not all.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #1060 on: March 05, 2021, 07:44:35 PM »
you for illegal prostitution?  hows about illegal murder?  rape? not saying they're all the same except for the "illegal" part

So what if they simply just made it legal?  That anyone could come to the border and be a legal resident?

You would have no problem with it then right?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1061 on: March 05, 2021, 07:48:05 PM »
The illegal part is enough to start and end the discussion. Unless, of course, you believe the nonsense that no person is illegal. Just as hate has no home here, love is love, kindness is everything, and obviously, science is real, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #1062 on: March 05, 2021, 07:51:28 PM »
The illegal part is enough to start and end the discussion. Unless, of course, you believe the nonsense that no person is illegal. Just as hate has no home here, love is love, kindness is everything, and obviously, science is real, hey?

Nice dodge.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1063 on: March 05, 2021, 08:08:49 PM »
teal?  "illegal' immigration is, umm, illegal eyn'a?  i'm all for coming in the front door man!

oh and jesman-google is your friend

I searched "increase covid on mexican border" and didn't find any news articles relevant on first 3 pages.

Can you share?

Edit: for those concerned about border crossing/immigrants, and you don't believe in isolationism, our country could do a much better job at how we treat latin american countries so as not to influence their residents to leave their home country
« Last Edit: March 05, 2021, 08:10:27 PM by jesmu84 »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1064 on: March 05, 2021, 08:10:33 PM »
So what if they simply just made it legal?  That anyone could come to the border and be a legal resident?

You would have no problem with it then right?

it is legal, if you follow the rules...what's the matter with you guys??  always the contrarian when the answers are so obvious.  you might want to "circle back" on some of your stuff.  are you for legal or illegal wedgies? 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1065 on: March 05, 2021, 08:14:11 PM »
  it is legal, if you follow the rules...what's the matter with you guys??  always the contrarian when the answers are so obvious.  you might want to "circle back" on some of your stuff.  are you for legal or illegal wedgies?

Your analogy makes it sound like you aren't for immigration in any case. As I'm not sure anyone is "for" wedgies in any case

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1066 on: March 05, 2021, 08:18:31 PM »
I searched "increase covid on mexican border" and didn't find any news articles relevant on first 3 pages.

Can you share?

Edit: for those concerned about border crossing/immigrants, and you don't believe in isolationism, our country could do a much better job at how we treat latin american countries so as not to influence their residents to leave their home country

well, yeah, CNN and MSNBC for example, won't have anything.  i'm obviously hesitant to put a link out there because ANY source i cite will be chit all over anyway. 

ok, here's one that might be acceptable-that took about 45 sec and it was the first one at top of duckduckgo search fyi-does that still count?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/22/us/coronavirus-arizona-yuma-covid.html

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #1067 on: March 05, 2021, 08:19:46 PM »
Your analogy makes it sound like you aren't for immigration in any case. As I'm not sure anyone is "for" wedgies in any case

here you go..."makes it sound"  nope, come in the front door man

• All American
« Reply #1068 on: March 05, 2021, 08:22:29 PM »

You didn’t answer my question.

• All American
« Reply #1069 on: March 05, 2021, 08:26:28 PM »
  well, yeah, CNN and MSNBC for example, won't have anything.  i'm obviously hesitant to put a link out there because ANY source i cite will be chit all over anyway. 

ok, here's one that might be acceptable-that took about 45 sec and it was the first one at top of duckduckgo search fyi-does that still count?

Did you read it?  Immigrants are only part of the problem. Oh...and it’s legal immigration.

“Between October and March each year, as many as 40,000 “lechugeros,” or lettuce people, toil in Yuma, whose mild temperatures and Colorado River-irrigated land make it the ideal spot to grow leafy vegetables.

Thousands commute daily from Mexico to the verdant fields that stretch into the distance, where the rust-colored Gila Mountains glisten. Guest workers stay in motels in town.“

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1070 on: March 05, 2021, 08:32:07 PM »

Thanks.

That article does paint immigrants as part of the problem alongside governor choices and snowbirds.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #1071 on: March 05, 2021, 08:52:11 PM »

I think prostitution should be legal and regulated.  Sex work is work.

Murder obviously harms people so that is bad.

Rape obviously harms people so that is bad.

Is your belief that if something is labelled illegal then it is bad? 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #1072 on: March 05, 2021, 09:03:00 PM »
$923 billion in the bill is for direct relief to people to include the $1400 one time check, $400 bump up in weekly, unemployment checks, increase in child tax credit, earned income tax credit, expansion of affordable care act subsidies for two years, extended paid sick leave and employee retention credit, subsidize cobra coverage for laid off workers, and a few other things.

That all makes sense.  Which leaves about 1 trillion dollars worth of things that while important and deserve govt support, I believe they should be separated out and voted on as individual policy topics.

If you don't care about the debt/deficit, then why take the stance that things need to be pared down?

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1073 on: March 05, 2021, 09:36:51 PM »
If you don't care about the debt/deficit, then why take the stance that things need to be pared down?

Debt and deficit doesn’t have to be on top of the worry list to also expect/want the govt to act as fiscally responsible as possible.  Injecting another 2 trillion into the economy when it’s not necessarily a need but rather a want with much of it brings inflation concerns etc. 

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1074 on: March 05, 2021, 09:44:31 PM »
Now WV is jumping in with both feet, yeehaww!!!