collapse

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by GoldenEagles03
[April 27, 2024, 11:54:22 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[April 27, 2024, 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[April 27, 2024, 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[April 27, 2024, 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Proposed 2nd round of stimulus  (Read 13637 times)

Goose

• All American
Re: Proposed 2nd round of stimulus
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2020, 07:26:31 PM »
Ziggy

I have kept all staff on board and full pay and benefits over this whole mess. I feel responsible as a business owner that sacrifice starts with ownership and I am going to continue until I cannot afford to any longer. I have not been paid in over two months and my personal savings are covering any shortfall we have in our monthly expenses.

This is a time that business owners make extreme sacrifice to help the people that are a big part of their business. One other thing, a pet peeve of mine is when people call my co workers “employees “. When I was a young kid I remember my Dad scolding me for saying “his employees” and stuck with me for nearly 50 years.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2020, 07:31:07 PM »
Ziggy

I have kept all staff on board and full pay and benefits over this whole mess. I feel responsible as a business owner that sacrifice starts with ownership and I am going to continue until I cannot afford to any longer. I have not been paid in over two months and my personal savings are covering any shortfall we have in our monthly expenses.

This is a time that business owners make extreme sacrifice to help the people that are a big part of their business. One other thing, a pet peeve of mine is when people call my co workers “employees “. When I was a young kid I remember my Dad scolding me for saying “his employees” and stuck with me for nearly 50 years.

A horse by a different name.  Congrats, you call them something that they aren't.  I suggest you continue to show up once a month to congratulate yourself.  Consider yourself the very small minority of small businesses that can afford to pay people months on end.  And a lot of people would call you an idiot for not investing that money in your employees or your business.  We haven't been paying ourselves either, but I don't need to announce that.  Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is looking.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2020, 07:33:38 PM »
Hards

Why do you always attack? For the record, last time I posted on here was sending my prayers for your folks safe return home.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 07:38:14 PM by Goose »

Goose

• All American
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2020, 07:37:47 PM »
Hards

Want to add, you might not like the lesson I learned from my Dad, but it still means something to me and I would appreciate you show some common respect for others.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2020, 07:47:33 PM »
Hards

Why do you always attack? For the record, last time I posted on here was sending my prayers for your folks safe return home.

Because I'm not some simp that doesn't know when someone is attacking my character.  Don't be coy, you knew precisely what you were implying with your post.

Additionally, the golden rule applies here, old man.  I give respect to those who earn it, and you certainly haven't.  Sending prayers to my family and then the garbage you just posted as a clear attack?  Get real.  You got some of it back with the kind words earlier, but they're not forever if you're going to pretend like you didn't just show up in this thread to poke the bear. 

Goose

• All American
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2020, 07:52:14 PM »
Hards

I have not posted or responded to one your know if all posts over the past months. Why would I start tonight? You really should be banned from posting until you can respect people. You add nothing but poison on here.

I would appreciate if you refrained from calling me old man. I have asked politely many times. Stop it!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 07:54:03 PM by Goose »

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2020, 07:57:50 PM »
Hards

I have not posted or responded to one your know if all posts over the past months. Why would I start tonight? You really should be banned from posting until you can respect people. You add nothing but poison on here.

I would appreciate if you refrained from calling me old man. I have asked politely many times. Stop it!

Yeah, I'm not an idiot.  You're not as transparent as some around here, but do you really believe that your post right after mine wasn't a shot across my bow.  Especially since it was your first post in these parts.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2020, 08:00:53 PM »
Hards

Want to add, you might not like the lesson I learned from my Dad, but it still means something to me and I would appreciate you show some common respect for others.

Incredible disrespect and uncalled for hards

Thanks for the story goose-shows leadership, respect and the fact that you kept some powder dry is helping families soldier thru this. I think many on here need to hear stories such as yours.  People take our country for granted and to see it unite once again is truly powerful.

Goose, the time we spent working with our dads, it’s times like these they were preparing us for in more ways than one. We may not have known it then, but looking back,  invaluable.  Realizing some are in worse shape than us is a very humbling thought. To be in a bad place and still be able to give thanks is a gift
don't...don't don't don't don't

Goose

• All American
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2020, 08:01:51 PM »
Hards

Zero attempt to show you up. This has been a topic of great discussion at my home and literally just concluded a conversation with my daughter on this.
Do me a favor, look at my posts and let me know when I have responded to any of your posts in 2020. Your attack on me was unwarranted and I am serious that you should be banned from this site for the way you talk to others.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2020, 08:03:10 PM »
Yeah, I'm not an idiot.  You're not as transparent as some around here, but do you really believe that your post right after mine wasn't a shot across my bow.  Especially since it was your first post in these parts.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Maybe, just maybe you weren’t an idiot before, but now it’s hard to deny. If you ever met or knew goose, nothing further from the truth

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2020, 08:07:07 PM »

Maybe, just maybe you weren’t an idiot before, but now it’s hard to deny. If you ever met or knew goose, nothing further from the truth

Calm down, Sir Galahad.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2020, 08:08:35 PM »
Hards

Zero attempt to show you up. This has been a topic of great discussion at my home and literally just concluded a conversation with my daughter on this.
Do me a favor, look at my posts and let me know when I have responded to any of your posts in 2020. Your attack on me was unwarranted and I am serious that you should be banned from this site for the way you talk to others.

Sorry, I don't believe in the coincidences you're trying to push.  Be a better man, and apologize.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2020, 08:13:58 PM »
Sorry, I don't believe in the coincidences you're trying to push.  Be a better man, and apologize.

Stop digging.  You're making yourself look like a bigger as$hole with every post.

Maybe ask for some advise instead of being a know it all in an empty suit.  No wonder your grunts dont want to come back to work for you.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2020, 08:20:06 PM »
Stop digging.  You're making yourself look like a bigger as$hole with every post.

Maybe ask for some advise instead of being a know it all in an empty suit.  No wonder your grunts dont want to come back to work for you.

Zigs, I came to this thread asking questions and then was attacked.  I'm going to stand up for myself when that happens.  And you and the meat boys can go stroke each other's egos or make me out to be the bad guy if you want.

And for the record, my employees love me, but they can do simple math.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2020, 08:21:13 PM »
Steve Novak is a very smart man, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Goose

• All American
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2020, 08:23:09 PM »
Hards

I will ask again, when was the last time this “meat boy” post or respond to any of your posts? If memory serves me we had similar views on COVID in late Jan and only time we interacted in months. You are a rude, insecure man and should be off of this site.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2020, 08:26:38 PM »
Hards

I will ask again, when was the last time this “meat boy” post or respond to any of your posts? If memory serves me we had similar views on COVID in late Jan and only time we interacted in months. You are a rude, insecure man and should be off of this site.

Lol okay.  Good thing you're not a mod.  Reread the posts in order and tell me you wouldn't have taken it personally.  Pretty strange that all your bros showed up in short order to defend you.

But then when I think about it, its really not that strange.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2020, 08:27:33 PM »
Zigs, I came to this thread asking questions and then was attacked.  I'm going to stand up for myself when that happens.  And you and the meat boys can go stroke each other's egos or make me out to be the bad guy if you want.

And for the record, my employees love me, but they can do simple math.

Simple solution then. Pay them more.  Lower the wage gap.  Share the wealth.  Practice what your leftist beliefs really are.

I know you think you are the smartest person around, but you've proven on multiple levels that your are clueless in just the last 2 hours.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2020, 08:38:56 PM »
Simple solution then. Pay them more.  Lower the wage gap.  Share the wealth.  Practice what your leftist beliefs really are.

I know you think you are the smartest person around, but you've proven on multiple levels that your are clueless in just the last 2 hours.

Literally, the most humorous thing I've read so far, tonight.

I dont, nor have I claimed to be the smartest person around, but I know when I'm being dragged.

Being a Leftist doesn't mean I'm devoid of business sense.  My employees are very fairly compensated for their work and all make more than a living wage.  But thanks for your brilliant advice!

I came here with honest questions, but I guess that's what I get!

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2020, 08:48:29 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 04:31:13 PM by Fluffy Blue Monster »
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2020, 09:03:51 PM »
This crew hasn’t answered questions from the beginning. Why would they do that now?

Passive aggressiveness and generational wealth is all they’ve got.

Disgustingly shallow.  Generational wealth?  I bought the practice from my dad outright and have been on my own for 20 years dude the wealth is the knowledge imparted from my dad that still works today.  How many checks have you written out. How many families do you support? 

Didn’t think so.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2020, 09:13:52 PM »

What the hell, Ziggy? You told me I'm the smartest person around. 
I'm starting to suspect your compliments are less than sincere.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2020, 09:18:34 PM »
Disgustingly shallow.  Generational wealth?  I bought the practice from my dad outright and have been on my own for 20 years dude the wealth is the knowledge imparted from my dad that still works today.  How many checks have you written out. How many families do you support? 

Didn’t think so.

40 families.  And he isn't wrong, that is the very definition of generational wealth.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2020, 09:18:39 PM »

Didn’t think so.

Born on third....
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2020, 09:46:18 PM »
What the hell, Ziggy? You told me I'm the smartest person around. 
I'm starting to suspect your compliments are less than sincere.

He didn’t tell Hards he’s the smartest person around. He told Hards that Hards considers himself the smartest person around.

So your spot at the top is safe. Unless you are deducted points for poor reading comprehension.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 09:48:13 PM by Lennys Tap »