[Today at 07:00:36 AM]

So....What are we ranked on Monday - 11/1/2024? by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[April 28, 2024, 11:58:04 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Definitely not about current recruiting...  (Read 4994 times)

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
Definitely not about current recruiting...
« on: April 14, 2020, 11:35:30 AM »
That was a key piece in the coaching staff with results you criticize?

Stan is not the Head Coach during games.You should know better.I bet Stan knew the score of the game at Butler when Wojo told Bailey to foul.LOL.Incompetent
He, as assistant was as much responsible to keep the coach aware of that info. Did you see some of the last "cuddles"? Wojo let Stan take on more of a coaching role, results  still Not great. But this is the last I'll write on this subject to not mess up the thread.
Goal is National Championship

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
Re: Definitely not about current recruiting...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 12:30:21 PM »
Lets talk recruiting.Guard recruiting to be specific.KO guard recruits - Miller,Logtermann,Hutchins,Pieper and Stewart.Crean- James,McNeal,Matthews,Diener,Wade,Acker and Cubillan.Buzz - Buycks,DJO,Cadougan,Blue,Duane Wilson,Johnson and Burton.Wojo - Carlino,Reinhardt,Howard and Rowsey(2 of which which were one year only).Does anybody see the difference and what the problem is?

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 12:37:23 PM »
Lets talk recruiting.Guard recruiting to be specific.KO guard recruits - Miller,Logtermann,Hutchins,Pieper and Stewart.Crean- James,McNeal,Matthews,Diener,Wade,Acker and Cubillan.Buzz - Buycks,DJO,Cadougan,Blue,Duane Wilson,Johnson and Burton.Wojo - Carlino,Reinhardt,Howard and Rowsey(2 of which which were one year only).Does anybody see the difference and what the problem is?

No
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 12:39:20 PM »
No
As logical as saying Wojo is the worst ever coach.

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 12:41:32 PM »

If you're going to do this, you can't forget John Dawson, Jamal Ferguson, Reggie Smith, Sandy Cohen, Cheatam.... I'm sure I forgot others.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 12:42:07 PM »
As logical as saying Wojo is the worst ever coach.

It’s an incomplete list for starters and pointless in this thread.  The topic has been exhausted.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 12:43:01 PM »
No

Uncle Rico you need help in judging talent of players and coaches.Lol

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2020, 12:43:52 PM »

Yes. That Wade and Blue left early. And Travis and Dom got injured. If those didn't happen we would've had our pick of blue blood coaches and nba coaches instead of Wojo 
Maigh Eo for Sam

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2020, 12:48:32 PM »
If you're going to do this, you can't forget John Dawson, Jamal Ferguson, Reggie Smith, Sandy Cohen, Cheatam.... I'm sure I forgot others.

zcg2013 good try to hide the incompetence of Wojo.Heck O'Neill and Crean recruited way better guards than Wojo and they were in worse leagues

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2020, 12:50:38 PM »

zcg2013 good try to hide the incompetence of Wojo.Heck O'Neill and Crean recruited way better guards than Wojo and they were in worse leagues

Do you not know how to use the quote feature?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2020, 12:51:26 PM »
I don't really understand the point of this new exercise.  You can use selective memory however you want.  Let's compare Markus vs Derrick.  See.  Every coach has had good players, and not so good players.  Comparing one's best against another's worst doesn't really prove anything either way.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2020, 12:52:50 PM »
Do you not know how to use the quote feature?

Nope.I guess I am as good as Wojo is recruiting guards to a Big East school.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2020, 12:54:45 PM »
I don't really understand the point of this new exercise.  You can use selective memory however you want.  Let's compare Markus vs Derrick.  See.  Every coach has had good players, and not so good players.  Comparing one's best against another's worst doesn't really prove anything either way.

LOL.It is the best against the best.That is the point.I guess you missed it.Wojo hasn't had many good ones.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2020, 12:58:25 PM »

LOL.It is the best against the best.That is the point.I guess you missed it.Wojo hasn't had many good ones.

I guess you trying to include Duane in the same list as Markus, Wade, and Miller kind of soiled it.  Keep stretching though if it is helping your mental health in this difficult time.

Edit: sorry to those expect only recruiting info in the recruiting thread, I'll now be abstaining unless I have relevant info to add.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 01:00:33 PM by Its DJOver »

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2020, 01:00:47 PM »

I do! The problem is you posting about Kevin O'Neill and Tom Crean's recruiting in this thread 15-30 years after the fact.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2020, 01:12:37 PM »
I do! The problem is you posting about Kevin O'Neill and Tom Crean's recruiting in this thread 15-30 years after the fact.

Sorry Brewcity but if KO can recruit guards like he did at MU when the program was crap and in the Midwestern Collegiate conf and Crean can bring in who he did,then yes I expect way better being in the Big East.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2020, 01:21:55 PM »

Sorry Brewcity but if KO can recruit guards like he did at MU when the program was crap and in the Midwestern Collegiate conf and Crean can bring in who he did,then yes I expect way better being in the Big East.

The only high school guards I count that wojo has gotten in 7 years that stayed more than a season are: Howard, Anim, Greg E, and Cheatham. Some holes have been plugged nicely with transfers, but the high school recruiting has been pretty weak overall. We’ll see how he does going forward without Howard, which imo made recruiting other guards virtually impossible.

dad's couch

• Starter
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2020, 01:23:18 PM »

And the AAU circuit hasn't changed since KO and Crean coached here. The shoe companies haven't expanded their financial support to runners and driving kids to certain schools. TV coverage hasn't changed in 15 years. In fact the game and how recruiting goes about has change at all.  So I defer to your comparisons between coaches 15 - 20 years ago and now.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2020, 01:47:41 PM »

There is an entire thread devoted to MU guards.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=60408.0;all
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2020, 02:08:16 PM »
Sorry News - didn't mean to attribute this thread to you - just the way the spit happened...

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2020, 03:05:20 PM »
And the AAU circuit hasn't changed since KO and Crean coached here. The shoe companies haven't expanded their financial support to runners and driving kids to certain schools. TV coverage hasn't changed in 15 years. In fact the game and how recruiting goes about has change at all.  So I defer to your comparisons between coaches 15 - 20 years ago and now.

Oh goody.More excuses.Now it is the AAU circuit and the shoe companies that are the reason MU can't recruit guards.Brilliant.Everybody cheats except MU

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2020, 03:06:32 PM »

Oh goody.More excuses.Now it is the AAU circuit and the shoe companies that are the reason MU can't recruit guards.Brilliant.Everybody cheats except MU

You’re the dude who’s claiming Wojo sucks in every facet and isn’t the guy here...

...and then championing a guy with basically an identical resume and screaming to bring him here.

Hilarious.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2020, 03:08:21 PM »
Sorry News - didn't mean to attribute this thread to you - just the way the spit happened...

I sincerely thank you for trying to break out these sidebars from the transfer and recruiting threads.  Genuinely. 
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2020, 03:17:46 PM »

Everything you said in the first paragraph is wrong

Aircraftcarrier

• Team Captain
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2020, 03:25:36 PM »
Thanks for telling Dads couch he is wrong.I knew you agreed with me.