collapse

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 356999 times)

pacearrow02

• Starter
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #925 on: December 24, 2020, 07:51:14 AM »
If you lower yourself to their bat crap level, what exactly have you accomplished in the big picture and what have you done to yourself? Be the difference.   Virtue for virtue's sake.

Ok Tower, you’re the perfect picture of virtue.  You’ve been equally nasty on this board as Jockey, TSmith, etc..

Practice what you preach.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #926 on: December 24, 2020, 08:16:18 AM »
Only to you.   For very specific reasons.   
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #927 on: December 24, 2020, 08:31:17 AM »
Only to you.   For very specific reasons.

Ahh, as long as it’s only directed at me then it’s ok.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #928 on: December 24, 2020, 08:42:54 AM »

We should start a poll but I suspect a lot would agree.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #929 on: December 24, 2020, 09:01:42 AM »

I assumed you were Chico's.    If you are, then I don't owe you an apology.   If you aren't, I apologize for wrongly assuming you were Chico.   But you were still wrong about the virus.       Although this martyrdom thing tilts the scale toward Chico. 
« Last Edit: December 25, 2020, 03:38:52 PM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #930 on: December 24, 2020, 09:09:08 AM »
I assumed you were Chico's.    If you are, then I don't owe you an apology.   If you aren't, I apologize for wrongly assuming you were Chico.   But your were still wrong about the virus.       Although this martyrdom thing tilts the scale toward Chico.

Like I’ve said before.  I’m not Chico

MU82

• All American
« Reply #931 on: December 24, 2020, 09:11:59 AM »
What's a chicos?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #932 on: December 24, 2020, 10:52:11 AM »
Like I’ve said before.  I’m not Chico

Hoopaloop, then?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #933 on: December 24, 2020, 11:42:57 AM »
Sad.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #934 on: December 25, 2020, 11:38:48 AM »
Largest hospital system in the southeast cancels some employees' COVID-19 vaccinations because of reports that some jumped ahead in line.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/coronavirus/article248078950.html?ac_cid=DM350921&ac_bid=-1049799944

Some at Atrium Health who were scheduled to get their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine next month will be delayed, following a controversy this week over non-medical employees being included in the first phase of vaccine distribution.

Officials at Atrium told the Observer on Thursday as many as 97 employees will have vaccination appointments canceled. Based on North Carolina health officials’ vaccine guidance published in October, those first in line should be “healthcare workers and medical first responders who are at high risk of exposure based on work duties or who are vital to the initial COVID-19 vaccine distribution.”

“I can assure you that the only people who have received vaccines by Atrium Health were categorized by (Phase) 1a...” Dr. Scott Rissmiller, Atrium’s executive vice president and chief physician executive, told the Observer. “The key is to get those most at risk and those who are on the frontlines risking their lives for the community. We get the vaccine to them so they can care for those who need it as others are waiting.”

FYI, my wife is a pediatric RN at this hospital. She does not directly work with COVID-19 patients most of the time. She is part of the hospital's third group scheduled to get the vaccine. Her appointment for the first injection is for 2 weeks from now.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #935 on: December 26, 2020, 10:29:35 AM »
Largest hospital system in the southeast cancels some employees' COVID-19 vaccinations because of reports that some jumped ahead in line.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/coronavirus/article248078950.html?ac_cid=DM350921&ac_bid=-1049799944

Some at Atrium Health who were scheduled to get their first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine next month will be delayed, following a controversy this week over non-medical employees being included in the first phase of vaccine distribution.

Officials at Atrium told the Observer on Thursday as many as 97 employees will have vaccination appointments canceled. Based on North Carolina health officials’ vaccine guidance published in October, those first in line should be “healthcare workers and medical first responders who are at high risk of exposure based on work duties or who are vital to the initial COVID-19 vaccine distribution.”

“I can assure you that the only people who have received vaccines by Atrium Health were categorized by (Phase) 1a...” Dr. Scott Rissmiller, Atrium’s executive vice president and chief physician executive, told the Observer. “The key is to get those most at risk and those who are on the frontlines risking their lives for the community. We get the vaccine to them so they can care for those who need it as others are waiting.”

FYI, my wife is a pediatric RN at this hospital. She does not directly work with COVID-19 patients most of the time. She is part of the hospital's third group scheduled to get the vaccine. Her appointment for the first injection is for 2 weeks from now.

Not this hospital, but I know a bunch of health care workers from around the country that never see patients, and work from home, magically already haven got the vaccine.

Also, even some family members of health care workers.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #936 on: December 26, 2020, 10:51:10 AM »
Not this hospital, but I know a bunch of health care workers from around the country that never see patients, and work from home, magically already haven got the vaccine.

Also, even some family members of health care workers.

Yep. And on the flip side, health care workers with direct patient contact are waiting longer because of this and other line-jumpers or distribution issues. I know a few who have been told their appointments have been pushed back because of a variety of issues.

Disappointing, but not terribly surprising.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #937 on: December 26, 2020, 06:15:26 PM »
My wife got an email today that she is vaccine eligible now as a teacher.  The email said teachers have been named as front line workers.  Email gave a list of places she can go receive. 
I thought teachers were farther down the line and I don't know if this is a Connecticut thing.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #938 on: December 26, 2020, 06:42:31 PM »
My wife got an email today that she is vaccine eligible now as a teacher.  The email said teachers have been named as front line workers.  Email gave a list of places she can go receive. 
I thought teachers were farther down the line and I don't know if this is a Connecticut thing.

I know there was some talk of wanting this designation for Wisconsin teachers so they could get vaccines sooner but I don't think anything has happened here for that yet.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #939 on: December 26, 2020, 07:01:19 PM »

Depends on the state. Some states have given them priority after police/fireman etc.

Some are giving them zero priority.

Some don't even give police/fireman a priority (absolutely ridiculous).

The CDC only gives guidance, and they guided that teachers should be a priority, states decide what they will actually do.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #940 on: December 26, 2020, 07:07:32 PM »
Wait, there isn't a coherent national strategy?

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #941 on: December 26, 2020, 07:16:32 PM »

There is talk of doing that in MN, but I am not sure if they made an official decision. My wife will definitely get one if it’s allowed.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #942 on: December 26, 2020, 07:19:52 PM »

trump is working on it this weekend. IF he has time after he gets off the golf course.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #943 on: December 26, 2020, 07:44:15 PM »

Up to the states to plan/carry out distribution. And that’s the way it should be. One size doesn’t fit all. In Florida, the governor has moved the priority cut off from 75 to 65. We have a lot of seniors here and he (reasonably IMO) thinks a 74 year old (or a 66 year old) should get it before a healthy 24 year old who works in a grocery store. Slight departure from guidelines I’ve seen but given Florida’s demographic it makes sense.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #944 on: December 26, 2020, 07:46:03 PM »
Up to the states to plan/carry out distribution. And that’s the way it should be. One size doesn’t fit all. In Florida, the governor has moved the priority cut off from 75 to 65. We have a lot of seniors here and he (reasonably IMO) thinks a 74 year old (or a 66 year old) should get it before a healthy 24 year old who works in a grocery store. Slight departure from guidelines I’ve seen but given Florida’s demographic it makes sense.

Why does he believe this.  Does he have better information?

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #945 on: December 26, 2020, 07:47:24 PM »

What makes the 74 (or 66) year old in Montana any less at risk than the 74 (or 66) year old in Florida? Or the 24 year old grocery store worker in Montana any more at risk than the 24 year old grocery worker in Florida? Seems like that would be something that fits all the states.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #946 on: December 26, 2020, 09:44:39 PM »
Why does he believe this.  Does he have better information?

I assume he has the same information as the CDC - just a little more common sense. That information shows that Covid is most lethal to those 75+. Next at greatest risk are those 65-74. So, after long term care facility workers and staff, health care workers with direct patient contact and people hospitals deem extremely vulnerable to Covid 19 are vaccinated it goes to the general population. Here, that will be seniors 65+ (rather than those 75+) followed by those deemed essential workers (firemen, school teachers, grocery clerks, etc). If the object is less deaths, moving the 65-74 group up in priority certainly makes sense. He’s an “essential worker”, of course, but will wait in line until the most vulnerable have been served. Good for him.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #947 on: December 26, 2020, 09:52:23 PM »
The cynic in me believes that DeSantis is only concerned with how the seniors vote. The fact that he made this announcement in The Villages is very telling.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #948 on: December 26, 2020, 09:54:14 PM »
What makes the 74 (or 66) year old in Montana any less at risk than the 74 (or 66) year old in Florida? Or the 24 year old grocery store worker in Montana any more at risk than the 24 year old grocery worker in Florida? Seems like that would be something that fits all the states.

Good point, Wades. The Florida plan makes more sense in all states, but given our population it will save more lives (by sheer numbers and %) here than most other places. So, even more essential in Florida than Montana would be a better way to put it.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #949 on: December 26, 2020, 09:59:22 PM »
I assume he has the same information as the CDC - just a little more common sense. That information shows that Covid is most lethal to those 75+. Next at greatest risk are those 65-74. So, after long term care facility workers and staff, health care workers with direct patient contact and people hospitals deem extremely vulnerable to Covid 19 are vaccinated it goes to the general population. Here, that will be seniors 65+ (rather than those 75+) followed by those deemed essential workers (firemen, school teachers, grocery clerks, etc). If the object is less deaths, moving the 65-74 group up in priority certainly makes sense. He’s an “essential worker”, of course, but will wait in line until the most vulnerable have been served. Good for him.

So he’s smarter or has better judgement than the cdc in your opinion. Look I am not debating order. Everyone has to determine the rollout thanks to our system. But to exalt a governor points to something unclear as to why FL is different.