[March 27, 2024, 11:34:10 PM]

Kam Jones 1st Round Mock - The Ringer by PGsHeroes32
[March 27, 2024, 10:40:15 PM]

Katz has MU in Final Four by MurphysTillClose
[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 356924 times)

Warriors4ever

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #675 on: December 06, 2020, 03:27:40 PM »
JB takes a lot of flack here in Illinois, but it seems to me that they laid out a solid plan this week ( unlike what was implied by the nurse quoted in the article, which was written a month ago), involving regional hospitals for storage, and partnering with CVS and Walgreens to go to care facilities, although we are only getting 1/4 of the original estimate. The city gets a separate allocation directly from the CDC.
It does appear that now some will be shipped in smaller amounts.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #676 on: December 06, 2020, 08:48:51 PM »
I live in Florida. We’ve already beaten the virus according to DeathSantis, so no real need for plans for distribution of the vaccine. Winning!

MU82

• All American
« Reply #677 on: December 07, 2020, 07:33:41 AM »
From the NYT:

Essential workers are expected to be among the first in line to receive vaccinations as they become available in the weeks and months ahead. But not all are guaranteed to take them. In New York City, the fire department is set to be among the first to receive the Pfizer vaccine that recently passed clinical trials and is now awaiting F.D.A. approval.

But the department announced last week that it would not require firefighters to take the vaccine, and a survey released over the weekend conducted for the firefighters’ union found that more than half of the union’s members didn’t plan to take the vaccine when it became available to them.

This dovetails with the results of an Axios-Ipsos poll released late last month, showing that only about half of Americans were willing to take the first-generation vaccine immediately upon arrival, while the number jumped to 64 percent for a vaccine that had been around for a few months — and to 70 percent for a vaccine that had “been proven safe by public health officials.”
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #678 on: December 07, 2020, 09:33:40 AM »
From the NYT:

Essential workers are expected to be among the first in line to receive vaccinations as they become available in the weeks and months ahead. But not all are guaranteed to take them. In New York City, the fire department is set to be among the first to receive the Pfizer vaccine that recently passed clinical trials and is now awaiting F.D.A. approval.

But the department announced last week that it would not require firefighters to take the vaccine, and a survey released over the weekend conducted for the firefighters’ union found that more than half of the union’s members didn’t plan to take the vaccine when it became available to them.

This dovetails with the results of an Axios-Ipsos poll released late last month, showing that only about half of Americans were willing to take the first-generation vaccine immediately upon arrival, while the number jumped to 64 percent for a vaccine that had been around for a fewg months — and to 70 percent for a vaccine that had “been proven safe by public health officials.”

For month Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and their supporters banged the drum: “Don’t trust the vaccine that’s coming! It’s the ‘Trump Vaccine’ - it is political, not based in science! I wouldn’t take it, it’s too dangerous!!

Now that the election is over, of course they’re changing the tune. The damage to public confidence, though, has been done. As Reverend Wright was fond of saying, “The chickens have come home to roost!”

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #679 on: December 07, 2020, 09:34:22 AM »
For month Joe Biden, Kamala Harris and their supporters banged the drum: “Don’t trust the vaccine that’s coming! It’s the ‘Trump Vaccine’ - it is political, not based in science! I wouldn’t take it, it’s too dangerous!!

Now that the election is over, of course they’re changing the tune. The damage to public confidence, though, has been done. As Reverend Wright was fond of saying, “The chickens have come home to roost!”

That isn't true

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #680 on: December 07, 2020, 09:37:43 AM »

To be accurate, Biden said all along that he trusted the scientists, but not Trump.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/16/us/politics/biden-trump-coronavirus-vaccine.html

With deaths from the coronavirus nearing 200,000 in the United States, Joseph R. Biden Jr. on Wednesday assailed President Trump for playing politics with a potential coronavirus vaccine, saying he did not trust Mr. Trump to determine when a vaccine was ready for Americans.

Let me be clear: I trust vaccines,” Mr. Biden said. “I trust scientists. But I don’t trust Donald Trump, and at this moment, the American people can’t either.”

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #681 on: December 07, 2020, 09:43:10 AM »
False.

Geez, QAnonesque.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #682 on: December 07, 2020, 10:04:22 AM »

LOL. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #683 on: December 07, 2020, 10:21:40 AM »

What right-wing crackpot website did you pull this little gem from?

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #684 on: December 07, 2020, 10:40:51 AM »
https://www.thewrap.com/kamala-harris-says-she-wouldnt-trust-a-vaccine-trump-recommended/

Here’s just one. Lots more out there. I’ve seen and heard both Biden and Harris casting doubts pre election.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #685 on: December 07, 2020, 10:41:40 AM »
He said he would trust the scientists. The fear was that a vaccine would be rushed out just to help Trump get re-elected, due to WH pressure. That did not happen.
I always said that when people like Dr. Fauci and, locally, Dr. Murphy said it was good to go, I would be fine with it. I have not heard anyone of my Dem friends say so far that they won’t get it.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #686 on: December 07, 2020, 10:44:49 AM »
https://www.thewrap.com/kamala-harris-says-she-wouldnt-trust-a-vaccine-trump-recommended/

Here’s just one. Lots more out there. I’ve seen and heard both Biden and Harris casting doubts pre election.

Did you actually read that? It's quoted in the article:

“If the public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors tell us that we should take it, I’ll be the first in line to take it, absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I’m not taking it,” Harris said.

Essentially Harris and Biden wanted to be clear that they weren't going to jump on the vaccine equivalent of Hydroxy. They were going to wait till it was properly studied and vetted by scientists.
Maigh Eo for Sam

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #687 on: December 07, 2020, 10:48:23 AM »

Your own link contradicts your statement about not trusting the vaccine:

Asked at Wednesday’s vice-presidential debate whether she would take a vaccine approved by the Trump administration before or after the election, Harris said she’d be the “first in line” to take the vaccine if health experts like Dr. Anthony Fauci recommended it.

If the public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors tell us that we should take it, I’ll be the first in line to take it, absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I’m not taking it,” Harris said.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #688 on: December 07, 2020, 10:50:56 AM »
Guys, Lenny's is trying really hard.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #689 on: December 07, 2020, 10:55:17 AM »
https://www.statnews.com/2020/09/22/biden-challenge-vaccine-messaging/

Here’s another. Biden, Harris, et al absolutely cast doubts on any vaccine developed under Trump’s watch. Of course (duh) they’ve walked back their knowingly false statements made during the campaign. But to say those statements had no consequences is purely partisan.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #690 on: December 07, 2020, 11:03:15 AM »
https://www.statnews.com/2020/09/22/biden-challenge-vaccine-messaging/

Here’s another. Biden, Harris, et al absolutely cast doubts on any vaccine developed under Trump’s watch. Of course (duh) they’ve walked back their knowingly false statements made during the campaign. But to say those statements had no consequences is purely partisan.

All these comments were in the background of Trump suggesting he would overrule the FDA requiring 2-months of safety data, and overrule the independent advisory boards requiring 2-months of safety data, to force approval before the election, at largely his discretion.

Harris and Biden, rightfully said, let the science guide us. You are right, there is partisan politics going on here, but that partisan politics is on the GOP reframing their statements as anti-vax.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #691 on: December 07, 2020, 11:04:32 AM »
All these comments were in the background of Trump suggesting he would overrule the FDA requiring 2-months of safety data, and overrule the independent advisory boards requiring 2-months of safety data, to force approval before the election, at largely his discretion.

Harris and Biden, rightfully said, let the science guide us. You are right, there is partisan politics going on here, but that partisan politics is on the GOP reframing their statements as anti-vax.

Lenny's is trying SOOOOO hard!!!!

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #692 on: December 07, 2020, 11:33:37 AM »
I can tell you he is not going to find the statements that he made anywhere (at least attributed to the people he put forth). 

The medical/scientist crew that Biden is actively courting and bringing onto his staff would have lost their stuff if those statements were made.  Plus, everyone who wants this to end knows that the barrier is people taking the vaccine.  It's in all of our best interests that the President and the President-elect both remain active supporters of this.

We should all be afraid of the anti-vax/science campaign that is building steam.  That is a HUGE threat and its the next thing that foreign countries are fanning the flames of. 

tower912

• All American
« Reply #693 on: December 07, 2020, 11:34:30 AM »
Pretty sure Biden is going to join Clinton, Bush, and Obama and publicly get the vaccine, if Fauci says it safe.   Oh, poor Lenny.

Lenny, I have so much respect for you.    Please don't turn into one of those people who post links that say the opposite of what you claim thinking you are making a point.   A la, Chicos, Warriordad, PA2, Guru.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 11:54:46 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #694 on: December 07, 2020, 11:46:16 AM »
Lenny's just doing some good-natured trolling.

At least I hope so, otherwise I'm a little worried about his reading comprehension.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #695 on: December 07, 2020, 11:48:21 AM »
"I'm anti-vax because Kamala Harris told me to be" - The alt-right

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #696 on: December 07, 2020, 12:23:06 PM »

I was just going to reply and realized there were already 15 other excellent replies already flushing this one down for good.
Moving on.............

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #697 on: December 07, 2020, 12:29:57 PM »
"I'm anti-vax because Kamala Harris told me to be" - The alt-right

I was thinking the same thing. 

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #698 on: December 07, 2020, 12:43:02 PM »
When Harris or Biden said they wouldn’t take the “Trump Vaccine” what exactly do you think they meant? There was never going to be a “Trump Vaccine”. No vaccine was going to be developed, approved and distributed by Trump. Development, approval and distribution were about drug companies and the FDA - whether Trump or Biden was President mattered not at all. What if Pfizer and Moderna had announced a month earlier? And the FDA set their approval date at Nov 1? And if Fauci gave his blessing? That was the scenario that would have resulted in what Harris and Biden were falsely calling the Trump Vaccine. And had that been the timeline, Because of the election they would have gone after the FDA and Fauci - because any vaccine that stood in the way of their election had to be so characterized. They admitted as much in their statements.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #699 on: December 07, 2020, 12:54:13 PM »
When Harris or Biden said they wouldn’t take the “Trump Vaccine” what exactly do you think they meant? There was never going to be a “Trump Vaccine”. No vaccine was going to be developed, approved and distributed by Trump. Development, approval and distribution were about drug companies and the FDA - whether Trump or Biden was President mattered not at all. What if Pfizer and Moderna had announced a month earlier? And the FDA set their approval date at Nov 1? And if Fauci gave his blessing? That was the scenario that would have resulted in what Harris and Biden were falsely calling the Trump Vaccine. And had that been the timeline, Because of the election they would have gone after the FDA and Fauci - because any vaccine that stood in the way of their election had to be so characterized. They admitted as much in their statements.

Lenny - You keep putting these items in quotes, but none of your support has anyone saying those words.  Where was it said and what is the context?

feedback