[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 19, 2024, 08:17:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 19, 2024, 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[April 19, 2024, 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 369667 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #650 on: December 04, 2020, 06:41:42 AM »
I very much doubt that.  Same thing with saying you are a teacher.  There'll be a box to check on the form, and in you go.  Zero chance there'll be folks even asking for documents, let alone verifying they are true.

There will be elevendy million people showing up without a "note from their doctor."   -- I have asthma, give me the shot now.  No way they turn people away.

Personally, I hope there is more organization than, 'just show up'.  Not sure why they can't send people a post card with their date and place for their shot.  Especially FRs, teachers, and etc.  Occupation is listed on plenty of government forms.  But I guess who knows.

Here's to hoping I guess!

tower912

• All American
« Reply #651 on: December 04, 2020, 07:10:46 AM »
Our department does not yet have any information about scheduling.   We are hoping to have some clarity by the end of the year.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #652 on: December 04, 2020, 08:05:43 AM »
I was thankful to see Fauci blast the UK for their early vaccine approval. He's my chosen bellwether for whether things are above-board these past few months, and it would have cost him nothing to say nothing about the UK not following any real approvals process. Fauci coming out guns firing made me doubly sure that I picked a winning horse. If he thinks that while we're moving so fast to get a vaccine out that we're cutting too many corners? He'll say so.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #653 on: December 04, 2020, 08:10:08 AM »
Fauci's detached from reality. Been completely wrong in so many pontification. Trump should never have made him the face of Covid, hey?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 08:11:49 AM by 4everwarriors »
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #654 on: December 04, 2020, 08:11:37 AM »
Fauci's detached from reality. Been completely wrong in so many pontifications, hey?

No, not really.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #655 on: December 04, 2020, 08:44:32 AM »
Fauci's detached from reality. Been completely wrong in so many pontification. Trump should never have made him the face of Covid, hey?

Wait you just admitted that trump's been wrong about something?
Maigh Eo for Sam

MU82

• All American
« Reply #656 on: December 04, 2020, 10:20:07 AM »

Early on, many were wrong. It's not an excuse for Fauci, and it's bad that it happened.

Since April, as the experts learned what really made the coronavirus tick, Fauci and other top epidemiologists have been right about most things. Meanwhile, your emperor simply declared victory over COVID-19, didn't even follow his own guidelines, pretended that "it affects virtually nobody," held deadly super-spreader events, and lied non-stop for months and months.

But nice try.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #657 on: December 04, 2020, 10:26:36 AM »

I agree! When he said 14 cases soon to be zero! Or pack the pews for Easter, or,
Should I continue and make you look even more foolish?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #658 on: December 04, 2020, 11:25:11 AM »
I agree! When he said 14 cases soon to be zero! Or pack the pews for Easter, or,
Should I continue and make you look even more foolish?

It’s an easy task that many here have done repeatedly.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #659 on: December 04, 2020, 01:19:22 PM »
Like Trump, you are so wrong about so much that I have to believe it is intentional.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #660 on: December 04, 2020, 02:11:24 PM »
Like Trump, you are so wrong about so much that I have to believe it is intentional.

Hanlon's razor

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #661 on: December 05, 2020, 09:22:04 AM »
Another article that deals with vaccine driven immunity vs natural.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/05/health/covid-natural-immunity.html

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #662 on: December 05, 2020, 12:05:58 PM »
How worried are people here about vaccine distribution? I don't anticipate a big problem with phase one, but think there will be serious issues going forward from there.

The prez has abdicated any responsibility. States will be expected to carry out phase 2 and beyond. States aren't getting money. States aren't getting any direction. I think this is an intentional plan so that when problems arise, it will all be put on Biden - who as someone who holds no office as all now - is doing way, way more than our so-called leader to deal with Covid.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #663 on: December 05, 2020, 12:10:43 PM »
There will be problems until January 20.   Then there will be a all hands on deck effort to bring some order.   Sorted out by St Patrick's day.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #664 on: December 05, 2020, 01:09:32 PM »
I have a friend with a winter hone in The Villages in Florida, he often shares links from their local news site ( the most ridiculous stuff goes on there). I saw a letter to the editor this morning that actually publicly said that the residents there should get priority over the rest of the state because they supported DeSantis  and Trump in a big way. So problem solved.
If you’re ever really bored, their news is a hoot. They are having a Trump golf cart rally today, for some completely unexplainable reason, as nobody is attacking Florida’s vote, as far as I know.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #665 on: December 05, 2020, 06:17:01 PM »
I have a friend with a winter hone in The Villages in Florida, he often shares links from their local news site ( the most ridiculous stuff goes on there). I saw a letter to the editor this morning that actually publicly said that the residents there should get priority over the rest of the state because they supported DeSantis  and Trump in a big way. So problem solved.
If you’re ever really bored, their news is a hoot. They are having a Trump golf cart rally today, for some completely unexplainable reason, as nobody is attacking Florida’s vote, as far as I know.

I've got a friend whose mother lived there until she died 3 months ago. She has told me some of the crazy stuff down there. She's debating if it is worth being around these people for several weeks a year as she decides whether to keep the condo or sell. She is a lifelong republican who detest the mad king.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #666 on: December 05, 2020, 08:23:06 PM »
How worried are people here about vaccine distribution? I don't anticipate a big problem with phase one, but think there will be serious issues going forward from there.

The prez has abdicated any responsibility. States will be expected to carry out phase 2 and beyond. States aren't getting money. States aren't getting any direction. I think this is an intentional plan so that when problems arise, it will all be put on Biden - who as someone who holds no office as all now - is doing way, way more than our so-called leader to deal with Covid.

I'm worried about both supply chain issues (Pfizer is already decreasing estimates on vaccine due to reagent shortages), and distribution.

States haven't been provided the resources and money to actually execute this, and the WH has abdicated all the difficult aspects of distribution to the states.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #667 on: December 05, 2020, 08:29:14 PM »
I'm worried about both supply chain issues (Pfizer is already decreasing estimates on vaccine due to reagent shortages), and distribution.

States haven't been provided the resources and money to actually execute this, and the WH has abdicated all the difficult aspects of distribution to the states.

Yep. I worry that states will be on their own until late January. And they have neither the resources nor expertise to pull this off in the publicized timeframes.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #668 on: December 06, 2020, 08:27:46 AM »
I'm optimistic about distribution.   There's a lot of federal money sloshing around. 

It's an expectations game though.   If your expectation is 350m US citizens will get 1-2 doses in 90 days, you will be unhappy.

Will it go as fast as people want?  No.  Will there be chaotic days and long lines?  Probably.  Will sites, states, and regions run out?  Sure.

If you expect this to take 6-12 months and meet small, medium, and large issues along the way, it'll be the most successful public health episode in history.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #669 on: December 06, 2020, 08:47:20 AM »
I love it when people take pragmatic, big picture views.   

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #670 on: December 06, 2020, 09:36:05 AM »
I am sure there will be bottlenecks and glitches. Getting this done at all will be a huge accomplishment.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #671 on: December 06, 2020, 11:30:42 AM »
I'm optimistic about distribution.   There's a lot of federal money sloshing around. 

It's an expectations game though.   If your expectation is 350m US citizens will get 1-2 doses in 90 days, you will be unhappy.

Will it go as fast as people want?  No.  Will there be chaotic days and long lines?  Probably.  Will sites, states, and regions run out?  Sure.

If you expect this to take 6-12 months and meet small, medium, and large issues along the way, it'll be the most successful public health episode in history.

The problem is all that federal money has been focused on how to get this to the states. That is actually the easy part. The hard part is the logistics of local delivery and execution. As far as I understand that, the "Operation Warp Speed" plan is to just leave that up to the States to figure out on their own, and the States have not been provided the finances and logistical support needed to execute.

Not a guarantee of a disaster, but if you were trying to cause one, that is a good way to do it.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #672 on: December 06, 2020, 01:51:32 PM »
The problem is all that federal money has been focused on how to get this to the states. That is actually the easy part. The hard part is the logistics of local delivery and execution. As far as I understand that, the "Operation Warp Speed" plan is to just leave that up to the States to figure out on their own, and the States have not been provided the finances and logistical support needed to execute.

Not a guarantee of a disaster, but if you were trying to cause one, that is a good way to do it.

Correct. The article below does a nice job of explaining the gap in OWS that you highlighted above, and highlighting the issues state officials are grappling with.

https://www.propublica.org/article/most-states-arent-ready-to-distribute-the-leading-covid-19-vaccine

The government’s vaccine program, Operation Warp Speed, has projected optimism about its readiness to distribute the vaccine. On Monday, Gen. Gustave Perna told NPR, “I think we’re in a good place,” saying that “with the right planning, we can execute it with zero loss of vaccine.” But the federal program is only going to be responsible for delivering vaccines to the states, which must then figure out on their own how to get the shots to the people who need them most. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention asked each state to turn in distribution plans on Nov. 2, imagining a scenario in which a vaccine with Pfizer’s specifications came first.

ProPublica obtained full preliminary plans for 47 states (Hawaii, Pennsylvania and Minnesota say they’re still working on theirs). Many struggled with how to handle a Pfizer-like vaccine. Washington state’s Health Department does not have its own warehouse that can store the Pfizer vaccine at a cold enough temperature. Arizona expects the Pfizer vaccine cannot be handled by the state’s rural communities and tribal lands. North Dakota and Oregon aren’t sure how to take care of migrant workers. Kansas’ plan appears to mistakenly assume shipments will be far smaller than 1,000 doses. Georgia’s Public Health Department is relying on local districts and counties to work out their own details.

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #673 on: December 06, 2020, 02:23:41 PM »
Kansas’ plan appears to mistakenly assume shipments will be far smaller than 1,000 doses. [/u].

I don't know anything about anything, but to anyone who has like, seen a truck on the highway, or received a shot from a syringe, this sounds sounds criminally stupid to me.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #674 on: December 06, 2020, 02:39:33 PM »
I don't know anything about anything, but to anyone who has like, seen a truck on the highway, or received a shot from a syringe, this sounds sounds criminally stupid to me.

My daughter lived in Kansas for a year. She has always struggled with self-confidence, but told me she felt really smart there....

feedback