[Today at 08:41:54 AM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by DFW HOYA
[Today at 08:41:22 AM]

2024-25 Outlook by WellsstreetWanderer
[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Vaccine/Antibody updates  (Read 371483 times)

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
Re: Vaccine/Antibody updates
« Reply #2875 on: June 14, 2021, 01:52:18 PM »
"Correlation of Biden vote share and adult Covid vaccination rate is now at .847. (CDC data)"

https://twitter.com/smotus/status/1404483957647831046

Perhaps blue states should require voter ID, but your vaccination proof is the only ID accepted.

Get the unnatural carnal knowledgeing vaccine morons.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 02:07:40 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2876 on: June 14, 2021, 06:20:14 PM »
I think the issue of the idea is less "ill write my checks to a different foundation" and more "I'll stop doing this smaller act of goodwill to a great foundation cause I no longer like Rizzo" which is quite sad, IMO.

I switched my Amazon Smile from Anthony Rizzo Foundation to American Cancer Society.

I’ll write an email to Jewels tonight requesting they switch charities as well.

I have no interest in supporting a foundation of a guy that doesn’t grasp science unless it directly effects himself.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #2877 on: June 16, 2021, 01:49:33 PM »
Anyone call Rizzo a toxic monster is the huge leap being made here. Probably Arrieta for sure.

If you don’t understand how vaccination of the population is the single greatest health crisis right now, not sure what else will lead you there.

Leukemia Society is urging all those 12 and older to get the vaccine. Rizzo could help get the word out that it’s safe for those with and recovering form the illness.

Those choosing not to get vaccinated deserved to get bagged. Selfish, detriment to society.

My family has been immersed in the world of childhood cancer / blood disorders for the past 35 years.  In that time we have met some of the titans in that fight; doctors, researchers, etc.  All my conversations with them point "get vaccinated now".  I really hope Rizzo will reconsider, he's done an incredible amount of good but he's failing people now.
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2878 on: June 20, 2021, 08:46:26 AM »
Our nextdoor neighbor needed to go to the emergency room a week ago and they found an abscess outside her colon. They are treating her with aggressive antibiotics and she's doing better, but she'll be in the hospital for several more days.

Her son and his wife wanted to visit her ... but they can't ... because they're anti-vax idiots, and the hospital requires visitors to show proof of having been vaccinated.

So there's an example of how not getting vaccinated doesn't only affect oneself. That poor woman can't receive a visit from her only son and grandkids because of her son's selfishness.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #2879 on: June 20, 2021, 09:38:10 AM »
As someone who was facing major surgery during the peak of the pandemic, the thought of facing it alone, with 4-5 days of recovery was unsettling to say the least.
To have your loved ones essentially voluntarily not show up would be devastating.
Thankfully only minor surgery was required and was out in a day.

jsglow

• All American
« Reply #2880 on: June 21, 2021, 06:57:55 AM »
Our nextdoor neighbor needed to go to the emergency room a week ago and they found an abscess outside her colon. They are treating her with aggressive antibiotics and she's doing better, but she'll be in the hospital for several more days.

Her son and his wife wanted to visit her ... but they can't ... because they're anti-vax idiots, and the hospital requires visitors to show proof of having been vaccinated.

So there's an example of how not getting vaccinated doesn't only affect oneself. That poor woman can't receive a visit from her only son and grandkids because of her son's selfishness.

SMH.

I'm hearing anecdotal stories about how when these things are 'fully approved' numerous employers will be going 'required as a condition of employment'.  Good. 

So frustrating to hear folks quote some side effect that has affected 6 or 8 people out of hundreds of millions.  These vaccines are literally miracles.  And if and when chick and I need some booster, we'll be right there in line.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2881 on: June 21, 2021, 08:20:17 AM »
SMH.

I'm hearing anecdotal stories about how when these things are 'fully approved' numerous employers will be going 'required as a condition of employment'.  Good. 

So frustrating to hear folks quote some side effect that has affected 6 or 8 people out of hundreds of millions.  These vaccines are literally miracles.  And if and when chick and I need some booster, we'll be right there in line.

Given the reaction by so many to these incredible vaccines, I do worry that participation in boosters will be too low to ward off significant harm by Delta or other variants.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2882 on: June 22, 2021, 10:00:29 AM »
SMH.

Again, we have a messaging problem.  People waiting for "fully approved" have no idea what that even means.  It doesn't mean it's safe, that's for sure.  As we all know, plenty of drugs become 'fully approved' only to be pulled back months or years later because they weren't as safe as expected.  There has never been a drug that has been rolled out this quickly and been this safe.  There are hundreds of millions of people that have been protected from Covid by these vaccines.  And all it took was society deciding to throw money and resources at the problem.  And now we may have a new way to treat a myriad of other diseases including cancer and HIV/AIDS.

When you say they are miracles, you're absolutely right.  They're species changing medical miracles. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2883 on: June 22, 2021, 10:27:21 AM »
If we're gonna argue for safety in pharmaceuticals, then we need to go back to the drug makers proving safety instead of shifting that burden to the FDA (that we then decreased budget)

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2884 on: June 24, 2021, 10:55:54 PM »
Alas, if only we could get the LatinX population vaccinated....

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #2885 on: June 26, 2021, 10:07:49 AM »
North Carolina State is out of the Baseball College World Series semifinals after several players tested positive for COVID-19, some with symptoms. (Vaccinated players were not required to due daily testing.)

Other teams had their entire roster, staff, and travel parties vaccinated long ago to avoid this possibility.

When NC State’s coach Elliott Avent was asked about why his team wasn’t vaccinated long ago, he said,

“If you wanna talk baseball, we can talk baseball. If you wanna talk politics, or stuff like that, you can go talk to my head of sports medicine.”

“I don’t try to indoctrinate my players with my values, or…my opinions. These are young men who can make their own decisions, and, that’s what they did.”

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2886 on: June 26, 2021, 10:13:05 AM »
North Carolina State is out of the Baseball College World Series semifinals after several players tested positive for COVID-19, some with symptoms. (Vaccinated players were not required to due daily testing.)

Other teams had their entire roster, staff, and travel parties vaccinated long ago to avoid this possibility.

When NC State’s coach Elliott Avent was asked about why his team wasn’t vaccinated long ago, he said,

“If you wanna talk baseball, we can talk baseball. If you wanna talk politics, or stuff like that, you can go talk to my head of sports medicine.”

“I don’t try to indoctrinate my players with my values, or…my opinions. These are young men who can make their own decisions, and, that’s what they did.”

They should have been vaccinated but the NCAA should NOT have tested the vaccinated players as close contacts. It’s not a surprise they tested positive but weren’t sick and aren’t spreading the disease with the low amounts they are carrying.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2887 on: June 26, 2021, 10:44:14 AM »

This is exactly why people are still dying.

I’m sure all of the vaccinated guys appreciate those selfish nuts who just destroyed their dream.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2888 on: June 26, 2021, 11:01:30 AM »
Even that liberal stronghold of our democracy, UW-Madison, isn't requiring its students to be vaccinated for the fall semester. What do they know that Fr. Fauci doesn't, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #2889 on: June 26, 2021, 11:13:32 AM »
Even that liberal stronghold of our democracy, UW-Madison, isn't requiring its students to be vaccinated for the fall semester. What do they know that Fr. Fauci doesn't, hey?

That’s because state law has exemptions that are a hole so wide that requiring it doesn’t really matter. Better to incentivize through showing students what the unvaccinated can’t participate in.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2890 on: June 26, 2021, 11:39:13 AM »
So here's a hypothetical that hearing a legal opinion on would be interesting. Do we have any attorneys on this board? With regards to HIPAA and protected health information, can someone refuse to divulge their covid vaccination status, citing HIPAA? Or more importantly, can a person legally be forced to state their vaccination status, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

• All American
« Reply #2891 on: June 26, 2021, 11:47:27 AM »
So here's a hypothetical that hearing a legal opinion on would be interesting. Do we have any attorneys on this board? With regards to HIPAA and protected health information, can someone refuse to divulge their covid vaccination status, citing HIPAA? Or more importantly, can a person legally be forced to state their vaccination status, hey?

Neither HIPAA nor FERPA prevent a school from requiring vaccination or asking for that information.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2892 on: June 26, 2021, 11:48:41 AM »

Schools have been requiring vaccination status for decades, what changed?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2893 on: June 26, 2021, 11:57:30 AM »
Schools have been requiring vaccination status for decades, what changed?

I know this question is rhetorical... but I want to answer.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #2894 on: June 26, 2021, 12:10:28 PM »
My question is not confined to school situations, rather just situations that arise on a daily basis.
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2895 on: June 26, 2021, 12:48:55 PM »

Children are forced by the state to divulge their status.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2896 on: June 26, 2021, 03:11:19 PM »

Says all we need to know about the sad state of affairs:

Vaccinations are "politics," and discussing their importance during a global pandemic amounts to "indoctrination."

• All American
« Reply #2897 on: June 26, 2021, 03:40:11 PM »
Says all we need to know about the sad state of affairs:

Vaccinations are "politics," and discussing their importance during a global pandemic amounts to "indoctrination."

It doesn’t help when organizations don’t follow the science though.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #2898 on: June 26, 2021, 09:50:33 PM »
I know this question is rhetorical... but I want to answer.

You know the smart kid the answers all the teachers questions without giving anyone else a turn?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #2899 on: June 26, 2021, 10:06:47 PM »
My question is not confined to school situations, rather just situations that arise on a daily basis.

No. HIPAA only applies to healthcare organizations and patients would be self-disclosing their status.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”