[April 22, 2024, 08:17:35 PM]

MU Alumni playing in European and Foreign Leagues Thread by mileskishnish72
[April 22, 2024, 04:17:36 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WeAreMarquette96
[April 22, 2024, 01:49:31 PM]

[Paint Touches] Way-Too-Early roundup of MU rankings by tower912
[April 22, 2024, 01:29:28 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Hydroxychloroquinine updates (and other potential treatments)  (Read 124532 times)

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
Re: Hydroxychloroquinine updates (and other potential treatments)
« Reply #825 on: October 16, 2020, 05:38:14 PM »
you know, i try to stop by just to see what's happening, but these are the types of posts that make this board tough to read.  come on rock, get to a meeting or something

i so wanna say i'm flattered...nope
don't...don't don't don't don't

MU82

• All American
« Reply #826 on: October 17, 2020, 11:27:21 AM »
When somebody posts about a promising drug or vaccine or procedure, many of us respond with encouraging words like, "Sounds promising. Here's hoping" ... or ... "Hopefully, this will be successful."

When somebody posts about drug or vaccine trials unfortunately having to pause, rocket responds: "why are you rooting for failure?"

I guess only one kind of fact is allowed here, and rocket is the judge of people's intentions.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MU82

• All American
« Reply #827 on: October 23, 2020, 05:26:18 PM »
Good news from J&J ...

Johnson & Johnson says it is preparing to resume a large clinical trial of its experimental COVID-19 vaccine after finding no evidence the vaccine caused an "unexplained illness" in a study volunteer that caused the company to pause the trial earlier this month.

J&J says an independent data safety and monitoring board recommends resuming recruitment of study subjects for the trial, and it has consulted with U.S. regulators while taking steps to resume the trial.

The company has not offered further details about the nature of the illness in the study subject.

The J&J trial aims to enroll as many as 60K people in the U.S. and other countries to test whether a single dose safely protects people from COVID-19.

Meanwhile, AstraZeneca says it has resumed the U.S. trial of its experimental COVID-19 vaccine after the Food and Drug Administration did not find the shot was responsible for neurological side effects that emerged in two test participants.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #828 on: October 23, 2020, 05:32:13 PM »
Good to see these trials are moving forward. With all the hurdles yet to overcome, we need as many potential vaccine candidates as we can get.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #829 on: October 23, 2020, 05:40:33 PM »
Weeks away. Just weeks away.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #830 on: October 27, 2020, 01:22:17 PM »
Will we get to a point where there is an at home test kit that is cheap enough for your average person to test him/herself a couple times a week if needed?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #831 on: October 27, 2020, 04:19:02 PM »
Will we get to a point where there is an at home test kit that is cheap enough for your average person to test him/herself a couple times a week if needed?

Depends on your financials, but Costco has one for $120

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #832 on: November 01, 2020, 08:58:31 AM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #833 on: November 01, 2020, 09:30:36 AM »
And vitamin C.   And baby aspirin.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #834 on: November 01, 2020, 09:43:36 AM »

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/oct/31/add-vitamin-d-bread-milk-help-fight-covid-urge-scientists-deficiency-supplements

Vitamin D.

Personally, I've doubled my vitamin D supplementation since June.

I was originally skeptical of the need for a Vitamin D supplement because I take a multivitamin and drink plenty of milk. And I was worried about overdosing on vitamin D, since it is fat soluble. But then I read a Mayo Clinic article that showed you have to take astronomically huge megadoses (60,000 IU for several months; that's 100 times the RDA), so I decided to up mine a bit. I currently take ~5 times the RDA, so I feel pretty safe....

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/expert-answers/vitamin-d-toxicity/faq-20058108

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #836 on: November 03, 2020, 09:09:42 AM »
https://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2020/11/is-there-a-role-for-vitamin-d-in-the-treatment-of-covid-19.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Written by Teresa Fuller, an Integrative Holistic Pediatrician according to her linkedin. Not saying the article is incorrect, but the source is dubious.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #837 on: November 03, 2020, 09:39:12 AM »
A balanced take on Vitamin D from the Harvard School of Public Health, which concludes that there is "some evidence" that it may prevent or reduce the severity of Covid-19 infection. The article also concludes that a supplement of 1,000 to 2,000 IU/day "is likely safe for most people."

https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases-and-conditions/treatments-for-covid-19#:~:text=There%20is%20some%20evidence%20to,with%20COVID%2D19.

And a recent study from Spain that was published in The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism, showing that hospitalized Covid-19 patients had Vitamin D deficiency at a higher rate (82.2%) than population-based controls (47.2%).

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/advance-article/doi/10.1210/clinem/dgaa733/5934827

I don't interpret Vitamin D as a magic bullet against Covid, but the evidence suggests that (1) it may increase resistance to infection; (2) many people are (unknowingly) deficient; and (3) moderate doses of 1,000 to 2,000 IU per day pose little to no risk for most adults.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #838 on: November 03, 2020, 12:03:24 PM »
Written by Teresa Fuller, an Integrative Holistic Pediatrician according to her linkedin. Not saying the article is incorrect, but the source is dubious.

Good catch. I generally trust things on kevinmd, so didn't look deeper

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #839 on: November 03, 2020, 01:12:24 PM »

In reality, a lot of doctors are using holistic approaches. I don’t know what teachings there are in Medical schools for this, but more and more younger docs are looking for alternatives to the barrage of prescriptions that are doled out.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #840 on: November 03, 2020, 02:24:06 PM »
My wife sees a Naturopath as well as her regular doctors. 
They take all the usual bloodwork and run the labs, but add an element of "vitamins & minerals & herbs" and will recommend certain prescriptions or send you to a regular doctor when necessary.
National Geographic had an article like 2 years ago how science is studying ancient Chinese herbal remedies and other long time treatments to see what is real and if what in the plant causes the reaction.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #841 on: November 19, 2020, 07:47:11 PM »
Ron Johnson is upset that he can't get...HCQ.
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1329464594851647489
 :P
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #842 on: November 19, 2020, 08:09:32 PM »
I think I’ll just skip the vaccine and take HCQ.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #843 on: November 19, 2020, 08:33:01 PM »

Perhaps they should give him some…

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #844 on: November 20, 2020, 06:06:05 AM »

I think he can probably get some bleach if he gets to Walmart soon.  Hell, I'll even help him pick it out.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #845 on: November 20, 2020, 06:46:36 AM »
whatever happened to doctor-patient relationship and the gubmint keeping their filthy hands of our bodies??  seems to be ok for baby killing
don't...don't don't don't don't

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #846 on: November 20, 2020, 06:51:03 AM »

What an embarrassment to Wisconsin
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #847 on: November 20, 2020, 07:37:01 AM »
whatever happened to doctor-patient relationship and the gubmint keeping their filthy hands of our bodies??  seems to be ok for baby killing

whatever happened to doctor-patient relationship and the gubmint keeping their filthy hands of our bodies?? you seem fine with gumint putting their filthy hands up ladies' kooches to suit your political whims.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #848 on: November 20, 2020, 07:56:11 AM »

WTF are you talking about?  What has this to do with the nonsense Ron Johnson is talking about.

I know you'll go to great lengths to justify your initial, dumb support of Hydroxy (only because Trump supported it), but I think anyone speaking in support of it now looks a little stupid.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #849 on: November 20, 2020, 08:11:08 AM »

WTF are you talking about?  What has this to do with the nonsense Ron Johnson is talking about.

I know you'll go to great lengths to justify your initial, dumb support of Hydroxy (only because Trump supported it), but I think anyone speaking in support of it now looks a little stupid.

He's just reciting the talking points that he has been given.  He isn't capable of original thought or admitting he was wrong (like a real man does).  Same spit, different day

feedback