[Today at 08:17:02 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by bilsu
[Today at 07:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 05:04:53 PM]

NIL Future by MU82
[Today at 03:21:43 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wet Markets  (Read 17965 times)

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Re: Wet Markets
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2021, 12:03:07 PM »
Long form article from Vanity Fair that explains history of china's research into coronavirus, bats, etc. 

Despite the non-sequiturs about Trump and the right, it is a well written article.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/06/the-lab-leak-theory-inside-the-fight-to-uncover-covid-19s-origins

Very informative article. While my current belief is that it is not from a lab, it absolutely needs to be investigated and I am open to changing my mind if evidence is presented.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2021, 03:57:11 PM »
while likely not a smoking gun, if accurate, this fact is hard to overlook in identifying failures of the US scientific and journalistic community; 

The idea of a lab leak first came to NSC officials not from hawkish Trumpists but from Chinese social media users, who began sharing their suspicions as early as January 2020. Then, in February, a research paper coauthored by two Chinese scientists, based at separate Wuhan universities, appeared online as a preprint. It tackled a fundamental question: How did a novel bat coronavirus get to a major metropolis of 11 million people in central China, in the dead of winter when most bats were hibernating, and turn a market where bats weren’t sold into the epicenter of an outbreak?

another well-written article that cites yours on the dismissal (in some cases, forced) of the Lab Leak Theory. A good takedown of right-wing "think tanks" as well.

Health experts who understood all along that it was entirely possible that the virus emerged from a lab simply refused to examine the hypothesis because it had become associated with the likes of Donald Trump.

A story in which the virus emerged from failed safety protocols at the Wuhan lab is not inherently more racist than a theory in which it emerged from a wet market. (If anything, blaming the pandemic on China’s people for eating bats lends itself much more easily to racism than blaming China’s government for lax security at its research labs.)

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/article/lab-leak-hypothesis-covid-liberal-media-science-biden-trump-china.html
« Last Edit: June 03, 2021, 04:16:10 PM by Billy Hoyle »
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2021, 05:04:45 PM »
This all sounds like a Connecticut conspiracy theory that I occasionally hear.
Lyme Disease originated from and escaped from Plum Island laboratory just of the coast of Connecticut.
People continue to ignore the fact scientists have proof Lyme was documented in colonial times.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2021, 05:10:17 PM »
those "other experts" ain't saying anything 'bout fausolini's emails...nothing to see here, move along.  waiting for more spin, but as i've said, to say the msm and fauci were a huge disservice to the american people and the world for that matter is an obvious understatement.  we all suffered.  now, china and fauci need to be held accountable.  they were both lying to us repeatedly for over a year
don't...don't don't don't don't

Skatastrophy

• All American
  • ✅ Verified Member
« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2021, 05:47:08 PM »
those "other experts" ain't saying anything 'bout fausolini's emails...nothing to see here, move along.  waiting for more spin, but as i've said, to say the msm and fauci were a huge disservice to the american people and the world for that matter is an obvious understatement.  we all suffered.  now, china and fauci need to be held accountable.  they were both lying to us repeatedly for over a year

Lol

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #130 on: June 03, 2021, 06:07:03 PM »

I don't know how much Fauci should be held accountable. He never definitively dismissed the lab leak possibility. What I do appreciate about Fauci is that he was willing and open about his positions changing as understanding about the virus evolved.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #131 on: June 03, 2021, 06:41:52 PM »
A good scientist is always open to new data.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2021, 07:06:39 PM »

you hate fauci so much, it's almost as if he's black!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2021, 07:16:48 PM »

FFS man, you’re better than this

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2021, 08:06:36 PM »
Mission Accomplished! The right-wing media has successfully whitewashed Trump's role and made him a hero in the COVID pandemic and shifted all blame to Fauci, at least in the "minds" of the dopes that gobble up this disinformation and cry for more...which is a frighteningly high percentage of one major political party's members.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2021, 09:05:52 PM »
Mission Accomplished! The right-wing media has successfully whitewashed Trump's role and made him a hero in the COVID pandemic and shifted all blame to Fauci, at least in the "minds" of the dopes that gobble up this disinformation and cry for more...which is a frighteningly high percentage of one major political party's members.

i see your sources have already dumbed you down to the point beyond help...have a good one.  and BLM cares about black people too...yikes

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2021, 09:07:00 PM »

that seems a little racist of ya 82, but i don't hate him, i hate what he's done to our country

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2021, 10:57:14 PM »

no he isn't!  this is who he is.  a race baiter; the true colors behind all that sanctimonious"do gooder love" facade

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2021, 11:10:57 PM »

The manchild is not better than this.  He's proven over and over again. That he is a grown and with the maturity of a 5 year old and a sense of humor equivalent to a dairy cow.  ( beef cows are funny, FTR)

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #139 on: June 04, 2021, 05:06:55 AM »
A good scientist is always open to new data.

I expected a "always be science-ing!" here.

feedback