Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Stan Johnson is new LMU Head Coach  (Read 58693 times)

BallBoy

• All American
Re: Stan Johnson is new LMU Head Coach
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2020, 04:10:47 PM »
Ballboy trying to make this thread about his Johnson!  ProWojer's distorting reality is quite hilarious. 

Stan leaves with his West Coast pipeline and the ProWojer's are on the defensive now.  It's only a matter of time before the vortex of the toilet bowl sucks them in.  Meanwhile the ride on the side of the bowl has them dizzied.

I forget Junior High is out due to coronavirus so little MDDG is at the computer.

No one is defensive. Stan was a great assistant coach. Hopefully he does great as a head coach. Unlike you, the rest of us look at facts instead of junior high temper tantrums.  Fact - Stan wasn’t on the staff when MU got its first MCD AA commit. Recruiting was good prior to Stan and it will continue after. 

I know Stan was your best hope of firing Wojo yet keeping the amazing class that has been pulled together at Marquette. I am sure you cried in your lucky charms when Stan left. I know in your mind you spun him up to be the greatest coach ever and savior of the program but he wasn’t.  He was a very good assistant.

I am also keenly aware that all the players who you say sucked so badly and were cancers to the program where brought in by Stan. Weird, how you forget that in your glowing praise.

I also forgot who hired Stan into the program.

If you could actually say something smart, people might listen to your argument about why Wojo should be fired.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #176 on: March 22, 2020, 08:17:33 PM »
The nojoers sounds like Chicos. Threads constantly getting derailed with the same comments in every thread. When called out about it, “it wasn’t me! Those damn projoers just can’t help themselves.”

The innocent victims. Always. They never have any part in a thread going off topic. It’s just the clueless nojoers.

Not to stereotype, but there’s a lot this rhetoric going on in the world. They’ve been enabled.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #177 on: March 22, 2020, 08:40:14 PM »
I forget Junior High is out due to coronavirus so little MDDG is at the computer.

No one is defensive. Stan was a great assistant coach. Hopefully he does great as a head coach. Unlike you, the rest of us look at facts instead of junior high temper tantrums.  Fact - Stan wasn’t on the staff when MU got its first MCD AA commit. Recruiting was good prior to Stan and it will continue after. 

I know Stan was your best hope of firing Wojo yet keeping the amazing class that has been pulled together at Marquette. I am sure you cried in your lucky charms when Stan left. I know in your mind you spun him up to be the greatest coach ever and savior of the program but he wasn’t.  He was a very good assistant.

I am also keenly aware that all the players who you say sucked so badly and were cancers to the program where brought in by Stan. Weird, how you forget that in your glowing praise.

I also forgot who hired Stan into the program.

If you could actually say something smart, people might listen to your argument about why Wojo should be fired.

We got our first McD’s AA because we were willing to give three years of scholarship to his hack brother, who was at best a low major player.  Wojo didn’t land Henry because of his great recruiting skills.  He landed him because he struck a deal with the Ellensons.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #178 on: March 22, 2020, 08:48:53 PM »
We got our first McD’s AA because we were willing to give three years of scholarship to his hack brother, who was at best a low major player.  Wojo didn’t land Henry because of his great recruiting skills.  He landed him because he struck a deal with the Ellensons.

Aka he had a recruiting strategy that worked...
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #179 on: March 22, 2020, 10:10:08 PM »

Uhh ... isn't that recruiting?

Seriously, some of the nojos have very good points.  It's unfortunate for them that those points get lost in the utterly insipid babble that dominates these discussions.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 10:12:22 PM by Pakuni »

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #180 on: March 22, 2020, 11:27:52 PM »
What do you have against “Saint Stan?”  Share for us how you feel he failed the program and our university?

I don’t believe he failed, but I don’t believe he was infallible as he was made out to be. Assistants are more than just recruiting and so many were trying to pin the blame solely on Wojo while claiming Stan was some savior and if he were the head coach the team is winning the BE title. Classic back up quarterback thinking.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

BCHoopster

• All American
« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2020, 12:01:25 AM »
Stan did a good job recruiting West but is that really MU’s recruiting area, to me, no. MU needs to recruit the Mideast and East.  Stan did a great job getting 4 kids to come East, if he could do that, that should be easy for him to recruit LA’s kids to LMU.  Great campus, good luck Stan, hope you succeed.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #182 on: March 23, 2020, 01:52:30 AM »
Stan did a good job recruiting West but is that really MU’s recruiting area, to me, no. MU needs to recruit the Mideast and East.  Stan did a great job getting 4 kids to come East, if he could do that, that should be easy for him to recruit LA’s kids to LMU.  Great campus, good luck Stan, hope you succeed.
It's recruiting...

You want as big of a pipeline as you can get. 

Queue up ESPN 30 for 30  "How the West was Lost" - story of how Wojo's 5 game skid, sent Stan packing.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #183 on: March 23, 2020, 05:40:21 AM »
Aka he had a recruiting strategy that worked...

Well "worked" is a bit of a stretch. I'd say it ended in disaster

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #184 on: March 23, 2020, 06:54:50 AM »
It's recruiting...

You want as big of a pipeline as you can get. 

Queue up ESPN 30 for 30  "How the West was Lost" - story of how Wojo's 5 game skid, sent Stan packing.

🤡

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #185 on: March 23, 2020, 07:24:19 AM »

A “disaster?”  We landed the BE top freshman.

You mean how Wally left?  Who cares?  He wasn’t very good and we didn’t miss him.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #186 on: March 23, 2020, 08:14:14 AM »

At best a low major player?

He was a consensus 3 star recruit and played at a Big Ten program.  He received offers from other high major programs in P6 conferences.
“No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.”
— Plato

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #187 on: March 23, 2020, 08:20:54 AM »
At best a low major player?

He was a consensus 3 star recruit and played at a Big Ten program.  He received offers from other high major programs in P6 conferences.

Counterpint:  everyone could see he wasn't very good. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #188 on: March 23, 2020, 08:27:10 AM »

Counterpint:  everyone could see he wasn't very good.

Why was he a 3 star rated player?

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Wally-Ellenson-24000/RecruitInterests/

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/143108/wally-ellenson

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2012/wally-ellenson-13522

If everyone could see that why did so many offer a scholarship?  West Virginia, Dayton, Minnesota, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Utah, SLU.  Appears everyone did not see this.

— Plato

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #189 on: March 23, 2020, 08:29:07 AM »
He was overrated coming out of high school.  Did you actually watch him play?  He wasn't very good at Minnesota and he wasn't very good at Marquette.

He was brought here for one reason only - to get Henry.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #190 on: March 23, 2020, 09:13:15 AM »
It's not uncommon for family members to be involved in the recruiting process.  You can find plenty examples of fathers being put on the coaching staffs to seal a recruit's signature. 

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #191 on: March 23, 2020, 09:23:51 AM »

Lol.  He had a recruiting strategy to land the kid.  He landed the kid.  His recruiting strategy worked.

But sure.  If you want to be butthurt that Walter Ellenson left the program, don't let me stop those tears.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #192 on: March 23, 2020, 12:55:44 PM »
Why was he a 3 star rated player?

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Wally-Ellenson-24000/RecruitInterests/

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/143108/wally-ellenson

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2012/wally-ellenson-13522

If everyone could see that why did so many offer a scholarship?  West Virginia, Dayton, Minnesota, Nebraska, Oklahoma State, Utah, SLU.  Appears everyone did not see this.

Wally was not willing to focus solely on basketball.  He was a borderline world class high jumper.  He wanted to do both.  If he had focused on one or the other, he might have been more successful in his only chosen sport.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #193 on: March 23, 2020, 01:57:54 PM »
Wally was not willing to focus solely on basketball.  He was a borderline world class high jumper.  He wanted to do both.  If he had focused on one or the other, he might have been more successful in his only chosen sport.

I meant to share this quite awhile ago that made me think of Wally.
My kids high school cross country coach played D-2 basketball and was also high jumper for Southern Connecticut State University.  He was a D-2 All-American jumper in 1994-1995-1996.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #194 on: March 24, 2020, 06:55:37 AM »
He was a consensus 3 star recruit...
That is a compliment you don’t hear too often in recruiting circles...

lurch91

• All American
« Reply #195 on: March 24, 2020, 08:52:26 AM »
I meant to share this quite awhile ago that made me think of Wally.
My kids high school cross country coach played D-2 basketball and was also high jumper for Southern Connecticut State University.  He was a D-2 All-American jumper in 1994-1995-1996.

But, what was his neck size?

shoothoops

• All American
« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2020, 09:43:21 AM »

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2020, 11:17:49 AM »
Lol.  He had a recruiting strategy to land the kid.  He landed the kid.  His recruiting strategy worked.

But sure.  If you want to be butthurt that Walter Ellenson left the program, don't let me stop those tears.
Better than leaving that last scholarship open, or upgrading a walk-on.... and Wally averaged 21ppg last year for the Telecom Business Hub Jets in the NZ NBL.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2020, 03:42:44 PM »
Better than leaving that last scholarship open, or upgrading a walk-on.... and Wally averaged 21ppg last year for the Telecom Business Hub Jets in the NZ NBL.

Come on man. He averaged less than 5 in Argentina’s top league and under 10 in the Canadien NBL. That tells you what kind of league it is in NZ. It’s semi-pro. The “real” pro team in Auckland plays in the Aussie NBL

WarriorDad

• All American
« Reply #199 on: March 24, 2020, 09:27:50 PM »
That is a compliment you don’t hear too often in recruiting circles...

You almost never hear it for an at best low major recruit, Silent Verbal’s comment.
— Plato

feedback