[Today at 05:16:12 AM]

Shaka's 2023-2024 Season Accomplishments by 1SE
[Today at 03:36:17 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Stan Johnson is new LMU Head Coach  (Read 59187 times)

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
Re: Stan Johnson is new LMU Head Coach
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2020, 04:33:05 PM »
An elite offense doesn't get shutdown when one guy is contained or stopped.

Mike

How dare you argue with a basketball expert! You forget yourself, sir!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 04:34:36 PM by keefe »

Death on call

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #151 on: March 21, 2020, 04:42:18 PM »
Mike

How dare you argue with a basketball expert! You forget yourself, sir!

Aww did brewcity hurt Keefer’s feelings somewhere along the way?

Always good to just dig in and say, “forget the data. I know better than numbers!”
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #152 on: March 21, 2020, 06:10:39 PM »
Aww did brewcity hurt Keefer’s feelings somewhere along the way?

Always good to just dig in and say, “forget the data. I know better than numbers!”

Little does Brew City know, but his numbers are outliers that are propped up by Markus Howard.  Take him away and there's nothing left.....ohhh wait.... that's what happened the last several games of the season.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #153 on: March 21, 2020, 06:33:57 PM »
Little does Brew City know, but his numbers are outliers that are propped up by Markus Howard.  Take him away and there's nothing left.....ohhh wait.... that's what happened the last several games of the season.

Markus Howard was taken away the last several games of the season? In the last 5 he averaged 33.2 ppg, 4.0 rpg, and 3.8 apg while shooting an eFG% of 61.2%.

Besides the Creighton game, the offense was not a problem during the collapse. Even the DePaul game was statistically okay offense because of how often we got to the free throw line. The defense is where the roof caved in.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #154 on: March 21, 2020, 06:38:24 PM »
Markus Howard was taken away the last several games of the season? In the last 5 he averaged 33.2 ppg, 4.0 rpg, and 3.8 apg while shooting an eFG% of 61.2%.

Besides the Creighton game, the offense was not a problem during the collapse. Even the DePaul game was statistically okay offense because of how often we got to the free throw line. The defense is where the roof caved in.

Okay offense........not Elite offense as the context suggests.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #155 on: March 21, 2020, 07:21:33 PM »
Okay offense........not Elite offense as the context suggests.

In one game. The others...
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #156 on: March 21, 2020, 07:27:32 PM »

Who's Markus Howard?
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #157 on: March 22, 2020, 09:55:30 AM »

Lol.

Once you take away MJ's contributions to those 90s Bulls teams, they aren't very good.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #158 on: March 22, 2020, 10:08:14 AM »
Lol.

Once you take away MJ's contributions to those 90s Bulls teams, they aren't very good.

Didn't the bulls make the conference finals without him?
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #159 on: March 22, 2020, 10:15:13 AM »

Semifinals.  They lost on a terrible call in Game 7.

The Knicks went on to beat the Pacers in the famed Reggie Miller series.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #160 on: March 22, 2020, 10:50:51 AM »

If you discount Lebron, the Cavs were pretty average.

I could go on and on with examples. But I think the point is understood.

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2020, 11:05:49 AM »

Semifinals.  They lost on a terrible call in Game 7.

The Knicks went on to beat the Pacers in the famed Reggie Miller series.

The famed Reggie Miller series was in 1995, and the Pacers won.

• All American
« Reply #162 on: March 22, 2020, 11:10:54 AM »
The famed Reggie Miller series was in 1995, and the Pacers won.

No the one where Reggie went off and got into it with Spike was 1994. Game 5 I believe. They lost game six back in Indy and game 7 in New York.

They played the next year in the conference semifinals and the Pacers won. Then lost to the Magic in the conference finals.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Juan Anderson's Mixtape

• All American
« Reply #163 on: March 22, 2020, 11:16:24 AM »

No the one where Reggie went off and got into it with Spike was 1994. Game 5 I believe. They lost game six back in Indy and game 7 in New York.

They played the next year in the conference semifinals and the Pacers won. Then lost to the Magic in the conference finals.

I was thinking 1995, when Miller scored 8 points in the last 8 seconds of game 1.

We apparently have a difference of opinion of which series was more famous.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #164 on: March 22, 2020, 11:33:33 AM »
If you discount Lebron, the Cavs were pretty average.

I could go on and on with examples. But I think the point is understood.

Of course. Take Markus off Marquette and how good are we?

Usually losing a 1st Team All American and all-time great is tough to replace.

We went 8-10 in Big East with him. Hardly comparable to your previous examples of taking LeBron, Jordan, or Rodgers off their teams - they all won big time.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #165 on: March 22, 2020, 11:40:56 AM »
Of course. Take Markus off Marquette and how good are we?

Usually losing a 1st Team All American and all-time great is tough to replace.

We went 8-10 in Big East with him. Hardly comparable to your previous examples of taking LeBron, Jordan, or Rodgers off their teams - they all won big time.

Misunderstanding.

I was responding to a poster talking about how bad our offense is if you take Markus away. Nothing to do with winning.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2020, 12:27:12 PM »
Lol.

Yeah..... having 2 HOFers in Dennis Rodman and Scottie Pippen construes a "not very good" team.  I mean it's hard to analyze for some people when the bright, shiny objects aren't there anymore. 

• All American
« Reply #167 on: March 22, 2020, 12:30:55 PM »
Yeah..... having 2 HOFers in Dennis Rodman and Scottie Pippen construes a "not very good" team.  I mean it's hard to analyze for some people when the bright, shiny objects aren't there anymore. 

Rodman wasn’t on the MJ less Bulls teams.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #168 on: March 22, 2020, 12:36:42 PM »

Oh, you and your "facts" and "stats" and "data."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #169 on: March 22, 2020, 12:36:50 PM »
Rodman wasn’t on the MJ less Bulls teams.

For those who haven't been paying attention to current events.....

"Once you take away MJ's contributions to those 90s Bulls teams, they aren't very good"

my response:

In essence, you're wrong because MJ didn't contribute anything to the teams he wasn't on.  #Read2Succeed

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #170 on: March 22, 2020, 01:47:14 PM »
For those who haven't been paying attention to current events.....

"Once you take away MJ's contributions to those 90s Bulls teams, they aren't very good"

my response:

In essence, you're wrong because MJ didn't contribute anything to the teams he wasn't on.  #Read2Succeed
I think you dug a hole and are trying to dig your way out.

I think though you could argue that without MJ that the Bulls might be not be a horrible team but you can’t say that the Bulls would have been as good or even won a title.  Based on who was on the team because of Jordan I would say they might have been good. I think it would be much more likely that the Bulls weren’t very good than the team of the decade.

However we have to take away all of Jordan’s contributions. People came to the 90s Bulls to play with Jordan.  They drafted Pippen to augment Jordan against the Piston.  Without Jordan, Bulls likely don’t draft Pippen. Regardless, People don’t come to the Bulls on a team built around Pippen. Rodman likely doesn’t come to the Bulls for the second run. Without Jordan, Krause would not have looked like a genius so he likely would haven’t gotten fired because he was a pain to work with. That likely means the Bulls don’t get Kukoc.

Also Dennis Rodman only played on the second run not the first one so having the statement that two hall of famers is more wrong than someone saying they weren’t going to be very good.  In the one playoff year without Jordan they lost in the second round. So I think intent of the other poster’s comment about without Jordan being on the Bulls they aren’t as good rings more true than yours.

I think the sentiment of the contrarian statement is also more accurate which is you can’t take away a member of the team and say without that player we wouldn’t be as good. One because you take away the best player without context than that is true for any team. Two because without Markus we would have gotten a different guard. Hausers would likely have stayed so we would just have a different team and it could be that we would have been more efficient. I can go on and on about what could have been but we had Markus so the offense was the offense.

🏀

• All American
« Reply #171 on: March 22, 2020, 02:21:40 PM »
No need to bury him further, his ass is the only thing showing in that hole.

Ardmore Mug

• All American
« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2020, 02:53:10 PM »
I thought this was a thread about Stan Johnson ????

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2020, 03:16:43 PM »
I thought this was a thread about Stan Johnson ????

Ballboy trying to make this thread about his Johnson!  ProWojer's distorting reality is quite hilarious. 

Stan leaves with his West Coast pipeline and the ProWojer's are on the defensive now.  It's only a matter of time before the vortex of the toilet bowl sucks them in.  Meanwhile the ride on the side of the bowl has them dizzied.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2020, 03:28:55 PM »
Ballboy trying to make this thread about his Johnson!  ProWojer's distorting reality is quite hilarious. 

Stan leaves with his West Coast pipeline and the ProWojer's are on the defensive now.  It's only a matter of time before the vortex of the toilet bowl sucks them in.  Meanwhile the ride on the side of the bowl has them dizzied.

The nojoers sounds like Chicos. Threads constantly getting derailed with the same comments in every thread. When called out about it, “it wasn’t me! Those damn projoers just can’t help themselves.”

The innocent victims. Always. They never have any part in a thread going off topic. It’s just the clueless nojoers.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

feedback