[Today at 10:34:23 AM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by withoutbias
[Today at 10:29:19 AM]

NM by tower912
[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Minnesota  (Read 26013 times)

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
Re: Minnesota
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2020, 02:19:00 PM »
MN is joining a growing number of states rolling out Covid app, which notifies you if you have a potential exposure.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2020/11/23/walz-to-announce-technology-to-help-spread-slow-of-covid19

From what I can tell, this isn't available in WI, IL or most other upper midwest states, so I assume not many here have used such an app? The idea is pretty cool, but it seems about 6 months late IMO....

CT just turned it on within the last two weeks even though it was available for quite some time.  They cited privacy and some other negotiations on why it took so long.  Agree with your last sentence.  This would have been more helpful when we were having little fires.  Less so now that pervasive spread is out there. 

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2020, 03:20:31 PM »
CT just turned it on within the last two weeks even though it was available for quite some time.  They cited privacy and some other negotiations on why it took so long.  Agree with your last sentence.  This would have been more helpful when we were having little fires.  Less so now that pervasive spread is out there.

Yup.

Many of the phone carriers/manufacturers made this available very quickly in early spring. State/federal government didn't make use. Such a joke.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2020, 05:36:16 PM »
Yup.

Many of the phone carriers/manufacturers made this available very quickly in early spring. State/federal government didn't make use. Such a joke.

Would probably be as effective as contact tracing, tbh.  People dont want to have an app on their phone that sends data to the govt.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2020, 06:24:04 PM »
Would probably be as effective as contact tracing, tbh.  People dont want to have an app on their phone that sends data to the govt.

1. Ya. Americans are incredibly selfish as a whole and if we had any sense of "greater good" or "love they neighbor" we'd be much better off.

2. So no one cared about the Patriot Act or any of the multitude of spying programs, but care about something that actually benefits society? Sad.

forgetful

• All American
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2020, 08:40:38 PM »

These same people give their information to "Trump.com" or "Biden.com," or farmers only.com, and a million other sites that track them daily.

Why not actually benefit society by using the contact tracing app, which collects less intrusive data.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #80 on: November 23, 2020, 09:21:18 PM »
These same people give their information to "Trump.com" or "Biden.com," or farmers only.com, and a million other sites that track them daily.

Why not actually benefit society by using the contact tracing app, which collects less intrusive data.

People are dumb. 

And lonely. But not anymore at farmersonly.com

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2020, 09:46:03 AM »
The Latest: Surge affecting Minnesota nursing home staffing

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-pandemic-russia-d4a3fd891a92463e9de8219db007bf10

A current surge of COVID-19 cases throughout Minnesota is affecting staffing levels at many nursing homes and assisted-living facilities.

That’s forcing the state to send the National Guard to help out in some homes, while the administration is also asking state employees to consider volunteering in facilities with critical staff shortages.

The Star Tribune reports Wednesday that Minnesota Department of Health data shows 90% of the state’s nursing homes and 58% of assisted-living facilities have active outbreaks.

Minnesota Health Commissioner Jan Malcolm said Tuesday that 47 long-term care facilities are in “a crisis staffing situation” and are receiving active support from the state, including help from federal health nurses.

-----------------

Active outbreaks at 90% of nursing homes and 58% of assisted living centers? Minnesota has been doing slightly better than its upper midwest neighbors with regard to general community spread (thanks to mask mandates and more widespread closures/limitations), but we have monumental problems in our facilities for the elderly and disabled.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2020, 08:55:50 PM »
Yikes!!  Almost 9,000 cases today, 🙏🙏to our friends to the west.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2020, 09:53:33 PM »
Yikes!!  Almost 9,000 cases today, 🙏🙏to our friends to the west.

These numbers are truly awful. Credit to state officials and healthcare providers for making testing widely available; now we need to public to do its part and follow the damn guidelines.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2021, 09:45:12 AM »
Since WI residents have provided anecdotal information about the vaccine rollout there, I thought I would share some anecdotes from my part of MN (Rochester).

* My in-laws are in the 80+ group, and were proactively contacted by their docs (Mayo Clinic) to make appointments. They get their first doses on Tuesday, 2/2. My understanding is that Mayo will continue to contact local patients based age and other pre-existing conditions.

* My wife is in the school teacher group. The state has been gradually been filling slots by a lottery system, allowing all interested teachers to enter. My wife is waiting to be selected.

* I am not in direct patient care, nor a school teacher, nor in the over-65 crowd. And I have no pre-existing conditions. I expect to get my call from my Mayo docs in May or June.  :-\

In any event, it's good to know Mayo is proactively contacting existing patients based on age and health status.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2021, 10:10:18 PM »
Minnesota is making anyone 16 and over eligible for the Covid vaccine beginning Tuesday:

https://m.startribune.com/all-minnesotans-16-and-older-will-be-eligible-for-covid-19-vaccine-starting-march-30/600038622/?fbclid=IwAR1nn40lvfHnYddnepB7jhtt_REooRLAgKJ9R3tGc7djdDPI1H44YqX44Fg

But from the article it sounds like they have some supply issues so everyone who wants to get vaccinated may not be able to do so right away.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2022, 02:30:04 PM »
Damn it. Vaccine mandate coming for Minneapolis & St. Paul. This just days after a new mask mandate in Minneapolis.
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2022, 04:27:35 PM »
Damn it. Vaccine mandate coming for Minneapolis & St. Paul. This just days after a new mask mandate in Minneapolis.

So get a shot.

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2022, 05:05:52 PM »
So get a shot.

Who says I haven’t? Some of us are principled.

I can flash a pic of my vax card on my phone & get in, but shouldn’t have to.

More importantly, I find it sick that the government is controlling private businesses and blacklisting those who are not vaccinated
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2022, 05:46:52 PM »

More importantly, I find it sick that the government is controlling private businesses and blacklisting those who are not vaccinated
#doesntunderstandthepurposeofgovernment
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2022, 11:37:43 PM »
#doesntunderstandthepurposeofgovernment

I hope you agree with a smoking ban in all public places.  That’s more of a selfish behavior around others than not taking an experimental vaccine that has life-altering side effects that are underreported.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2022, 11:58:09 PM »
I hope you agree with a smoking ban in all public places.  That’s more of a selfish behavior around others than not taking an experimental vaccine that has life-altering side effects that are underreported.

rocket brain's little brother?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2022, 06:04:31 AM »

Literally not true.

The vaccines have full FDA approval, and any 'life-altering side effects' are not underreported.

You should probably explain what you mean, and link us some relevant sources.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2022, 06:07:06 AM »

Life altering side effects such as?

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2022, 06:11:29 AM »

If you're vaccinated then you're just feigning outrage on someone else's behalf.

If you're not then tough titties.  There is a cost to participating in society, and if you're not willing to pay that cost, you can remain home. 

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2022, 07:47:52 AM »
Literally not true.

The vaccines have full FDA approval, and any 'life-altering side effects' are not underreported.

You should probably explain what you mean, and link us some relevant sources.

Unfortunately it’s too early in this particular situation but historically speaking it’s clear that VAERS adverse events are underreported:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/modern-day-censorship/up-to-95-serious-adversedrug-events-go-unreported/amp/

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2022, 07:48:54 AM »
Unfortunately it’s too early in this particular situation but historically speaking it’s clear that VAERS adverse events are underreported:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.riotimesonline.com/brazil-news/modern-day-censorship/up-to-95-serious-adversedrug-events-go-unreported/amp/

Lol
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2022, 07:56:19 AM »

LOL.  The Rio Times....quoting Ron Johnson.  Great source you got there. 

Anyway, no it isn't clear at all.  And just because deaths are reported to VAERS per the CDC's requirement, that doesn't mean that vaccine CAUSED the death. 

Don't be an anti-science nutjob.  The vaccine is safe.  The chances of long term health affects from not getting the vaccine are much higher than from getting one.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

statnik

• Team Captain
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2022, 07:57:53 AM »

LOL.  The Rio Times....quoting Ron Johnson.  Great source you got there. 

Anyway, no it isn't clear at all.  And just because deaths are reported to VAERS per the CDC's requirement, that doesn't mean that vaccine CAUSED the death. 

Don't be an anti-science nutjob.  The vaccine is safe.  The chances of long term health affects from not getting the vaccine are much higher than from getting one.

It’s not for children and some young adult categories could go either way.  I grant that if you’re old and/or obese it’s definitely in your favor to get the vax but it isn’t one size fits all, sorry.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2022, 08:00:45 AM »
It’s not for children and some young adult categories could go either way.  I grant that if you’re old and/or obese it’s definitely in your favor to get the vax but it isn’t one size fits all, sorry.

Nope. You have been wrong on this from the beginning and you continue to be.  Sorry.

But I guess this is what you get when you get your news from the Rio Times.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

feedback