[Today at 03:17:33 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 315274 times)

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #2675 on: March 26, 2021, 08:51:12 AM »
That's not happening (at least in large scale).  They go through vials one at a time, keeping them in the deep freeze until needed.  If there's not enough appointments, or a few no-shows and they have doses left in a vial, they start calling their waitlist - and nearly everyone has a list a mile long.

You are correct. Unfilled appointments doesn't necessarily mean wasted vaccine.

Still, it does mean we aren't moving toward herd immunity as quickly as we could. If places are seeing unfilled slots and they can't fill them from waitlists (or if it takes significant time to call through the waitlists), it's a clear sign they should broaden the eligibility criteria.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2676 on: March 26, 2021, 09:14:26 AM »

You are correct. Unfilled appointments doesn't necessarily mean wasted vaccine.

Still, it does mean we aren't moving toward herd immunity as quickly as we could. If places are seeing unfilled slots and they can't fill them from waitlists (or if it takes significant time to call through the waitlists), it's a clear sign they should broaden the eligibility criteria.

The other issue with waiting lists is I think a lot of them are filled with people who have already been vaccinated.  I was unsuccessful getting on a lot of waiting lists earlier this month because most places I reached out to would only put you on a waiting list if you were already eligible.  I got on some lists but have since gotten my vaccine but found no way to remove my name from any of the online sign-ups I did.  Most people I know who are eligible have already gotten their first dose now - the people I know who really want to get the vaccine aren't eligible yet and not necessarily able to get on a lot of waiting lists for that reason.

But yes  the original point in response to my other post about appointments not being filled doesn't necessarily mean waste is correct.

I think it's tougher to get appointments now in other parts of the state but there are a lot of openings in the Milwaukee area.

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #2677 on: March 26, 2021, 09:21:18 AM »
I got the J&J yesterday at the MKE County sports complex. They did call an ambulance to take transport a woman having some reaction but she looked OK, probably being overly cautious.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2678 on: March 26, 2021, 04:03:26 PM »
https://www.channel3000.com/first-case-of-brazilian-covid-19-variant-found-in-wisconsin-7-day-vaccination-average-nearly-48000-doses-per-day/

Now we've got UK, SA, and Brazilian variants flying aroud.  Not good.  Get your vaccines as soon as you possibly can. 

not awesome.

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2679 on: March 26, 2021, 06:11:07 PM »
https://www.channel3000.com/first-case-of-brazilian-covid-19-variant-found-in-wisconsin-7-day-vaccination-average-nearly-48000-doses-per-day/

Now we've got UK, SA, and Brazilian variants flying aroud.  Not good.  Get your vaccines as soon as you possibly can. 

not awesome.

But so many people are choosing not to get vaccinated :(.

I was thrilled to get my first dose on Saturday.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #2680 on: March 27, 2021, 08:39:02 AM »
I don't know how you counter the vaccine hesitancy. I was talking with my colleague and she's dead set against it. Countered every objection and it didn't matter.

Now going through it with my parents. It's so maddening.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #2681 on: March 27, 2021, 10:09:52 AM »
I don't know how you counter the vaccine hesitancy. I was talking with my colleague and she's dead set against it. Countered every objection and it didn't matter.

We just had an informal poll in our work group. All but one currently eligible has got at least one. The hold out is due to availability, not unwillingness. Happy I work with smart folks.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #2682 on: March 27, 2021, 10:14:23 AM »
My company is being very vocal about promoting the vaccine, having people post pictures of themselves getting the vaccine on internal social media and posting common language medical education on the vaccine.  I think we all have a responsibility to be ambassadors here in society.  I understand hesitancy.  Sometimes positive peer pressure is what’s needed to counteract what folks find on the web. 

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #2683 on: March 27, 2021, 10:41:06 AM »
We just had an informal poll in our work group. All but one currently eligible has got at least one. The hold out is due to availability, not unwillingness. Happy I work with smart folks.

You are weighing down the average, flyer.   ;D

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2684 on: March 27, 2021, 12:17:21 PM »

I just filled out a survey at work that asked if I wanted to be part of a pilot group to return to the office early.  My response was heck no - I think a lot of people aren't getting the vaccine and working at home is working just fine - feel no need to rush back into the office.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #2685 on: March 27, 2021, 12:27:05 PM »

You can't have a rational conversation with an anti-vaxxer. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are refusing. When I said that we are in this together and need to do our part, her response was ..., to start crying about how mean people are being to them.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #2686 on: March 27, 2021, 12:46:19 PM »
You can't have a rational conversation with an anti-vaxxer. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are refusing. When I said that we are in this together and need to do our part, her response was ..., to start crying about how mean people are being to them.

I hoped you laughed in their faces.  Tell them to send you any data they have that vaccines are dangerous.  And that you'd be happy to read it and then file it appropriately...  In the trash with the National Enquirer.

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #2687 on: March 27, 2021, 01:48:08 PM »
You are weighing down the average, flyer.   ;D

My coworkers would wholeheartedly disagree with you. FIFM.  ;D

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2688 on: March 27, 2021, 03:16:23 PM »
I hoped you laughed in their faces.  Tell them to send you any data they have that vaccines are dangerous.  And that you'd be happy to read it and then file it appropriately...  In the trash with the National Enquirer.

They don’t need facts. They have their “feelings”.  :-\ :-\

bananahammock

• Starter
« Reply #2689 on: March 27, 2021, 06:26:51 PM »
My guess is ~40% (tops) of the people I work with will get the vaccine. Most limit their mask wearing and frequently hang out in bars. Fortunately, I’ve dodged the bullet so far. #2 on Monday evening.

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #2690 on: March 27, 2021, 07:11:31 PM »
We have been very careful.   Only have done carryout about three times since last Feb.  Tonight my wife really wanted pizza so I said I would go.   The place where we got it was packed.   And since it was a restaurant not many masks.   I felt uncomfortable.   I think it will take a long while before I feel "normal" again. Three weeks to dose number two..... Cannot come quick enough.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2691 on: March 27, 2021, 08:39:10 PM »
We have been very careful.   Only have done carryout about three times since last Feb.  Tonight my wife really wanted pizza so I said I would go.   The place where we got it was packed.   And since it was a restaurant not many masks.   I felt uncomfortable.   I think it will take a long while before I feel "normal" again. Three weeks to dose number two..... Cannot come quick enough.

I feel ya, SERocks. It was a very liberating feeling walking out from the 2nd shot on Wednesday. Another week or so to take full effect and it is time to rock.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #2692 on: March 27, 2021, 08:42:56 PM »
Still going to mask up to be polite.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #2693 on: March 27, 2021, 08:49:33 PM »

Same here - indoors.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #2694 on: March 27, 2021, 10:14:56 PM »

gee, someone has a different opinion than you?  whodathunk??  i got the vaccine, but i respect those who have their own thoughts and opinions.  please don't cancel them out like everything is getting today.  this is more complicated than "we are in this together bull hockey.  get the damn vaccine and move on

why haven't we demanded that teachers who don't want to go back to work just not be paid?  give that money to the parents who have been doing the bulk of the education, staying home from work, getting tutors, etc.  as i said, i respect people who are seriously afraid of catching the virus, but they are just as essential as doctors, store workers, and everything else that has had to be open.  if you are afraid to teach in person with all the safe guards in place and the science telling us that children are the least of our worries, fine, stay home, but they should not be getting paid.  you take away their pay, i'm sure there would be a whole different attitude
don't...don't don't don't don't

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2695 on: March 27, 2021, 10:20:40 PM »

I feel your pain. My second dose is on Wednesday, and I am really looking forward to mid-April so I can start to feel semi-comfortable when I go out among the unmasked hordes.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #2696 on: March 27, 2021, 10:21:50 PM »

Absolutely. Even after I am two weeks out from my second dose, I will mask up as long as CDC recommends it (and possibly longer). A small price to pay for both me and those around me to feel more comfortable.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2697 on: March 28, 2021, 06:27:26 AM »
  gee, someone has a different opinion than you?  whodathunk??  i got the vaccine, but i respect those who have their own thoughts and opinions.  please don't cancel them out like everything is getting today.  this is more complicated than "we are in this together bull hockey.  get the damn vaccine and move on

It really isn't that difficult.  Vaccines of all types should be mandatory for children and adults to be part of society.  This isn't an "opinion" issue.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Marquette Fan

• Team Captain
« Reply #2698 on: March 28, 2021, 07:11:55 AM »

Absolutely. Even after I am two weeks out from my second dose, I will mask up as long as CDC recommends it (and possibly longer). A small price to pay for both me and those around me to feel more comfortable.

Yes I've gotten quite used to wearing masks and am more than happy to do so to be considerate of others also.

Warriors4ever

• All American
« Reply #2699 on: March 28, 2021, 08:43:43 AM »
I don’t personally know any anti-vac wes, at least not among the people I am in regular contact with, but how do they think we get out of this otherwise, or do they also not believe Covid is real?
Pritzker is allowing any Illinois counties with low rates to vaccinate anyone who wants it , these are so far mainly in central to southern Illinois. This has caused mass hysteria in the Vaccine Hunters group as no one actually apparently reads news articles and they have decided this means the entire is open now. Yesterday was like watching a really bad game of mass telephone, I now know how exhausting it must have been to be a CNN fact checker