[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 314935 times)

withoutbias

• All American
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #1275 on: May 23, 2020, 11:15:45 PM »
Oh I see, this country is great so long as your side wins. 

It’s like the left on this board has taken truth serum tonight.

Nope.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #1276 on: May 23, 2020, 11:16:12 PM »
That stands as the single most embarrassing night in the history of our once great country.

I knew back then it would be bad, but never in my wildest dreams did i suspect it would be this bad.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 11:18:07 PM by Mutaman »

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1277 on: May 23, 2020, 11:18:51 PM »
I’m supposed to put on big boy pants. That’s rich coming from a Trump hater that hasn’t let go of their temper tantrum from the night he was elected.

Nah. Mutant has been brain dead since the ringoutahoya.com days.  Or maybe longer.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1278 on: May 27, 2020, 10:30:03 PM »
New record today .. 601 new cases, 23 deaths also a record.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1279 on: May 27, 2020, 11:13:43 PM »
New record today .. 601 new cases, 23 deaths also a record.

I hope it doesn’t get worse, but...... these records occurred 14 days after Republicans opened the state.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 11:29:13 PM by Jockey »

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1280 on: May 28, 2020, 02:35:56 AM »
Yeah, those fookin' idiots, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1281 on: May 28, 2020, 04:20:18 AM »
I hope it doesn’t get worse, but...... these records occurred 14 days after Republicans opened the state.

Testing is also massively improved since then as well, but let's ignore that part.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #1282 on: May 28, 2020, 04:23:44 AM »
Probably should move social distancin' ta 8 ft., hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

🏀

• All American
« Reply #1283 on: May 28, 2020, 05:53:13 AM »
Probably should move social distancin' ta 8 ft., hey?

I think acting like there’s a virus still circulating would be a good start. Wisconsin is act like the Supreme Court ruled COVID19 as non-existent.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1284 on: May 28, 2020, 06:40:31 AM »
Testing is also massively improved since then as well, but let's ignore that part.

Did improved testing kill people?
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1285 on: May 28, 2020, 07:03:37 AM »
Did improved testing kill people?

As discussed a million times on here death is a lagging indicator.  Not a chance the death count from yesterday came from folks who got infected since the SC ruling.  Keep spinning MU82

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #1286 on: May 28, 2020, 07:30:34 AM »
As discussed a million times on here death is a lagging indicator.  Not a chance the death count from yesterday came from folks who got infected since the SC ruling.  Keep spinning MU82

Source?

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1287 on: May 28, 2020, 07:35:59 AM »
Source?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/04/30/texas-coronavirus-deaths-hit-single-day-high-on-eve-of-reopening/amp/

There are about a thousand articles (included is one) talking about death happening on average 3-4 weeks after someone gets the infection.

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #1288 on: May 28, 2020, 07:48:16 AM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/04/30/texas-coronavirus-deaths-hit-single-day-high-on-eve-of-reopening/amp/

There are about a thousand articles (included is one) talking about death happening on average 3-4 weeks after someone gets the infection.

Can the average of 3 to 4 weeks include someone who contracts in and passes away in a week?

The chances of it happening are definitely not no chance.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 07:53:52 AM by MUDPT »

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1289 on: May 28, 2020, 08:21:12 AM »
Can the average of 3 to 4 weeks include someone who contracts in and passes away in a week?

No

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1290 on: May 28, 2020, 08:30:59 AM »
No

Lol. So “death happens on average 3-4 weeks after someone gets infected” = every person who died from covid-19 was infected 3-4 weeks before they died? Hey, you learn something new every day, I guess!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #1291 on: May 28, 2020, 08:43:31 AM »

Not very likely. One of the bigger issues with COVID is how slow it kills or gets killed. If people were dropping dead in 2 days, we would have much less of a problem.

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1292 on: May 28, 2020, 08:49:06 AM »
Lol. So “death happens on average 3-4 weeks after someone gets infected” = every person who died from covid-19 was infected 3-4 weeks before they died? Hey, you learn something new every day, I guess!

Stupid question gets a stupid answer.  No crap it can include someone within a week or two (maybe less) of getting the infection.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1293 on: May 28, 2020, 09:01:58 AM »

This was entirely predictable. The single day high count is the result of multiple factors (I'm listing in order of impact):
1. Delayed reporting following a holiday weekend (at least half of these tests we taken at the beginning/middle of last week)
2. Increased testing volume (especially on-demand) which is going to catch more infected, Wednesday also had the highest volume of tests reported (~14,000)
3. Population movement is increasing the spread of the disease so more are being infected and in turn tested.

Item 3 becomes more and more of the driver over the next couple of weeks. Infection rates were going to have to go up as we open up, the key is are rates going up at a sustainable rate and is the rate at which infected are converted to hospitalizations? But those aren't sexy/eye popping stats for people.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #1294 on: May 28, 2020, 09:05:24 AM »
A story in two parts:

Stupid question gets a stupid answer.  No crap it can include someone within a week or two (maybe less) of getting the infection.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #1295 on: May 28, 2020, 09:06:52 AM »
Infection rates were going to have to go up as we open up, the key is are rates going up at a sustainable rate and is the rate at which infected are converted to hospitalizations? But those aren't sexy/eye popping stats for people.

I think states (and the CDC for that matter) would be best served starting to capture and report this in a public way.  I saw a study yesterday on consumer behavior where the most cited stat for 'feeling safe' to return to work/shop/open/etc is lower case numbers. 

The govt & leaders need to start communicating differently now that we are in a new phase of this.  It's not just the media....in many cases its just whats available.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1296 on: May 28, 2020, 09:08:16 AM »

The time to death curve with Covid is extremely shifted to the longer duration. Of known Covid fatalities less than 1% happened in less than 10 days from estimated time of initial infection. Based on my preliminary analysis of the New York data sets, it appears death volumes are correlated to early in the learning experience AND the utilization of hospital systems. Meaning, we are developing better interventions so people who would have died in March are now being saved and that as long as a hospital doesn't get overwhelmed the majority of patients can be saved.

As a note, some of the folks dying now were sustained for over 6 weeks. Very tragic, but Covid is very slowly becoming less deadly than it was previously.
"A Plan? Oh man, I hate plans. That means were gonna have to do stuff. Can't we just have a strategy......or a mission statement."

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1297 on: May 28, 2020, 09:08:40 AM »

pacearrow02

• Starter
« Reply #1298 on: May 28, 2020, 09:09:46 AM »
A story in two parts:

Fair enough, should have used “unlikely” but I think we’re all smart enough to understand the gist of the original statement.

mu03eng

• All American
    • Scrambled Eggs Podcast
« Reply #1299 on: May 28, 2020, 09:12:54 AM »
I think states (and the CDC for that matter) would be best served starting to capture and report this in a public way.  I saw a study yesterday on consumer behavior where the most cited stat for 'feeling safe' to return to work/shop/open/etc is lower case numbers. 

The govt & leaders need to start communicating differently now that we are in a new phase of this.  It's not just the media....in many cases its just whats available.

Couldn't agree more. Unfortunately the data has become politicized up the ying yang. Also, I've found that the general population understands zero order stats (totals, average, etc) but once you start getting into first and second order stats (variance, rates, utilization, etc). Let's not even talk about higher order stats like skewness.