Big East 2024 Offseason by WeAreMarquette96
[April 17, 2024, 11:14:56 PM]

Academic All Americans by AlumKCof93
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:57 PM]

Maximilian Langenfeld by withoutbias
[April 17, 2024, 10:44:37 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 07:24:33 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Plaque Lives Matter!
[April 17, 2024, 06:35:36 PM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by WhiteTrash
[April 17, 2024, 05:13:59 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 469632 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #2750 on: June 18, 2020, 05:36:36 PM »
Bryan Penn-Johnson transferring from Washington 7'0"

https://twitter.com/the_statement14/status/1273663568588632064?s=20

That dude is an aircraft carrier.  Former 3 star... low usage.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2751 on: June 18, 2020, 05:57:27 PM »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #2752 on: June 18, 2020, 06:38:45 PM »
Goal is National Championship

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2753 on: June 18, 2020, 06:49:50 PM »
https://twitter.com/evandaniels/status/1273762234519433217?s=21

DePaul adds another immediately eligible player in grad transfer Brian Patrick.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2754 on: June 19, 2020, 11:42:13 AM »
Jeff Borzello
@jeffborzello
Kobe King will not attend Nebraska next season due to personal reasons, the school announced.

He had transferred from Wisconsin back in January and committed to Nebraska in February.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #2755 on: June 19, 2020, 11:44:44 AM »
Jeff Borzello
@jeffborzello
Kobe King will not attend Nebraska next season due to personal reasons, the school announced.

He had transferred from Wisconsin back in January and committed to Nebraska in February.

He's gonna go start a brand new team with Nojel

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #2756 on: June 19, 2020, 11:48:22 AM »
Jeff Borzello
@jeffborzello

Will we have a big 3 of “transfer due to personal reasons” next year??

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #2757 on: June 19, 2020, 11:50:38 AM »
Im guessing Nohel n kobe are done at a P6 level
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

marqfan22

• Team Captain
« Reply #2758 on: June 19, 2020, 09:41:43 PM »
Any interest from MU?

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #2759 on: June 20, 2020, 08:10:48 AM »
Any interest from MU?

There should be. Wojo likes lighting scholarships on fire tho, so probs not.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #2760 on: June 20, 2020, 11:13:12 AM »

He just needs you to contribute 50k each and every year to the program in order to use another.  That shouldn’t be a problem, right? 
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

dad's couch

• Starter
« Reply #2761 on: June 20, 2020, 12:10:45 PM »

Who exactly wanted to come here but Wojo didn't want to give up his banked scholarships on? Just wondering.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2762 on: June 20, 2020, 12:15:32 PM »
Who exactly wanted to come here but Wojo didn't want to give up his banked scholarships on? Just wondering.

I think JJJ's point is why isn't he even getting involved with anyone else?? Now some would say "we don't know that he hasn't". Yeah actually we do...writers get lists of kids of schools that have reached out to them, when is the last time we saw MU connected with someone?? Now granted, the transfer market has slowed, but their were recently two bigs that hit the market, who in both instances would be absolutely ideal fits(MU needs another big) for what they are looking for, and sure as of yet we haven't seen any "contact" lists for either, but something tells me MU won't be in on either one, and that would truly be baffling to me.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #2763 on: June 20, 2020, 12:19:05 PM »
Seems like they are focused on Etienne and a potential reclassification. Nothing wrong with that.

dad's couch

• Starter
« Reply #2764 on: June 20, 2020, 12:29:13 PM »
I think JJJ's point is why isn't he even getting involved with anyone else?? Now some would say "we don't know that he hasn't". Yeah actually we do...writers get lists of kids of schools that have reached out to them, when is the last time we saw MU connected with someone?? Now granted, the transfer market has slowed, but their were recently two bigs that hit the market, who in both instances would be absolutely ideal fits(MU needs another big) for what they are looking for, and sure as of yet we haven't seen any "contact" lists for either, but something tells me MU won't be in on either one, and that would truly be baffling to me.

And of you course you know as a fact that they haven't reached out to a player or coach to gauge interest. Maybe. Just maybe. They reached out and were told thanks but no thanks.  But I don't know everything as you guys do.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2765 on: June 20, 2020, 12:36:05 PM »
Seems like they are focused on Etienne and a potential reclassification. Nothing wrong with that.

Not saying they aren't still involved, I'm sure they are, but we haven't heard about any contact between MU and Etienne in awhile. Also, I think its very doubtful he reclasses just from everything you read. I mean my goodness it's approaching the end of June..If you are going to reclass you had better decide that like REAL quick. School starts August 10th..it's not as easy as just showing up on that day and saying "okay I'm ready to start school now". There is a lot that goes into it. Time is winding down rapidly.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2766 on: June 20, 2020, 12:57:18 PM »
Wojo has his reasons for not filling all his scholarships.  And I understand that adding people simply for the sake of adding them could have a detrimental impact on the team.  I trust his judgement here.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2767 on: June 20, 2020, 01:32:34 PM »
There are some things about Wojo that I have serious questions about, but I believe he has earned our trust regarding recruiting. Just landed a top-20 class, augmented by one of the top 3 transfers available. That on top of him generally doing a good job recruiting over his time at MU.

Maybe, just maybe, he actually knows what he's doing on the recruiting end of things better than Scoopers do.

I know ... crazy thought.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

TedBaxter

• All American
« Reply #2768 on: June 20, 2020, 04:48:08 PM »
Wojo has his reasons for not filling all his scholarships.  And I understand that adding people simply for the sake of adding them could have a detrimental impact on the team.  I trust his judgement here.

Agree 100% with this.
If You Aren't All In For Marquette Basketball, Move On

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2769 on: June 20, 2020, 05:02:38 PM »
Not saying they aren't still involved, I'm sure they are, but we haven't heard about any contact between MU and Etienne in awhile. Also, I think its very doubtful he reclasses just from everything you read. I mean my goodness it's approaching the end of June..If you are going to reclass you had better decide that like REAL quick. School starts August 10th..it's not as easy as just showing up on that day and saying "okay I'm ready to start school now". There is a lot that goes into it. Time is winding down rapidly.

I don't know the specifics of Etienne's situation, but it could even be something like Jarnell Stokes at Tennessee a few years back. Became eligible at mid-season, enrolled as a freshman, and started playing in January. I'M NOT SAYING THAT'S WHAT THIS IS. Keeping a scholarship open would allow the flexibility to do that or to take a mid-season transfer.

I really think they are willing to accept going forward with Theo and the freshmen in the middle, which is why we aren't seeing other interest for big men.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2770 on: June 20, 2020, 05:27:31 PM »
I don't know the specifics of Etienne's situation, but it could even be something like Jarnell Stokes at Tennessee a few years back. Became eligible at mid-season, enrolled as a freshman, and started playing in January. I'M NOT SAYING THAT'S WHAT THIS IS. Keeping a scholarship open would allow the flexibility to do that or to take a mid-season transfer.

I really think they are willing to accept going forward with Theo and the freshmen in the middle, which is why we aren't seeing other interest for big men.

"That's his choice and he's going to have to live with it".

brewcity77

• All American
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2771 on: June 20, 2020, 06:52:29 PM »
"That's his choice and he's going to have to live with it".

I don't disagree, it's a risk. But looking at the players they've targeted, they really didn't make a push for any of the prominent immediately eligible bigs. If they saw it as a need, I have to assume they would've made a push. Now maybe they make that stronger push for Etienne because they know getting him in now means no one else will pry him away from us in 4-6 months and because they view him as a longer-term player while also having another backup option. Regardless, if they thought that position was an issue, we would've been more prominently mentioned with big men (even if we ultimately missed out). The areas of concern were guard and wing. Carton solved one, they missed out on Turner and got a backup option in Perez for the future. We can criticize, but Wojo knows what he expects out of this team better than any of us do.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2772 on: June 20, 2020, 10:48:50 PM »
Jeffrey Waddilove
@JeffWaddilove
·
Jun 19
Rumors are fun. Nothing set in stone of course, but heard guard Kobe King could be UNLV bound. Former Wisconsin transfer just backed out of his LOI at Nebraska. Rebs are already at their scholarship allotment, so not too sure how this one would work out. Interesting nonetheless.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #2773 on: June 21, 2020, 12:54:32 AM »
Jeffrey Waddilove
@JeffWaddilove
·
Jun 19
Rumors are fun. Nothing set in stone of course, but heard guard Kobe King could be UNLV bound. Former Wisconsin transfer just backed out of his LOI at Nebraska. Rebs are already at their scholarship allotment, so not too sure how this one would work out. Interesting nonetheless.

Not sure how could back out of something that doesn’t exist.

Oh yeah, Transfers can’t sign NLI’s.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #2774 on: June 21, 2020, 01:49:15 AM »
There was some Jim Carey banter but not sure if this was mentioned yet Justyn Mutts Committed to Virginia Tech
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 01:58:22 AM by MarquetteMike1977 »