[April 25, 2024, 10:03:37 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 471143 times)

muguru

• All American
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #2725 on: June 16, 2020, 05:20:27 PM »
Jeff Borzello
@jeffborzello
·
4m
Ole Miss sophomore Blake Hinson has entered the transfer portal, sources told ESPN. Averaged 10.1 points and 4.6 rebounds last season.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #2726 on: June 16, 2020, 05:33:19 PM »
Would be a huge get IMHO. His advanced stats are very solid.

Agree IMHO Yor Anei, along with the Freshman, would help replace Jayce’s mix it up rebounds along with Brendan’s out of area rebounds in general.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #2727 on: June 16, 2020, 07:27:50 PM »
We may or may not play Minnesota and not sure he will get a waiver but Gophers land former Austin Minnesota star Both Gach in transfer from Utah.Not that it matters that much but Sam Hauser has been connected to 3 Transfers. Sam liked the Tweet of Justin Turner returning to Bowling Green. Sam liked the tweet of Both Gach committing to Minnesota. Sam did Not like the tweet of Jose Perez committing to Marquette.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2728 on: June 16, 2020, 07:34:37 PM »
when did I say he should/would play at OK State?

SMDH

why would 2 year starter and grad transfer want to be a back up?

Maybe he wants to play in the NCAA tournament, which is no longer an option at Ok State.

Asked and answered.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #2729 on: June 16, 2020, 09:28:26 PM »
SMDH

Asked and answered.

So, you’re saying his only choice is being a back up at MU or go back to OK State, the only school where he could start. None of the other 351 schools in D1 are an option for him. Thanks for clearing that up.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2730 on: June 16, 2020, 09:43:30 PM »
So, you’re saying his only choice is being a back up at MU or go back to OK State, the only school where he could start. None of the other 351 schools in D1 are an option for him. Thanks for clearing that up.

Again, why did Jayce Johnson choose Marquette? None of the other 351 schools in D1 were an option for a guy who had started 25 games and averaged 22 minutes for a Pac-12 school?

There are all kinds of reasons a player might choose a school. None of us knows Anei nor what motivates him. You asked a question and brewcity gave you one possible answer. Just because you didn't like the answer doesn't mean it's implausible.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2731 on: June 17, 2020, 06:42:29 AM »
Again, why did Jayce Johnson choose Marquette? None of the other 351 schools in D1 were an option for a guy who had started 25 games and averaged 22 minutes for a Pac-12 school?

There are all kinds of reasons a player might choose a school. None of us knows Anei nor what motivates him. You asked a question and brewcity gave you one possible answer. Just because you didn't like the answer doesn't mean it's implausible.
I had an interesting experience with experience earlier this year that can shed some light in Jayce.

I was at the airport in Denver . I saw the  Utah basketball team at the gate next to mine . There flight was delayed as was mine. ( I found it odd they were flying commercial, but remembered that Chicos Bail Bonds said that many if the Pac  12 schools Still do that)

Because of the down time ,I was able to get into a discussion with one of the Utah assistant coaches .   When the discussion came around  to Jayce, he got a little PO’d about the whole thing. He alleged that “someone Got to him and sold him a bill  of goods . “ as he noticed Jayces minutes were down, . He said that Jayce would have played maximum minutes at Utah this season . He then said kids will believe what they want to believe and that’s why they have to keep recruiting all the time.

Heck maybe the kid was sick of flying around in cramped airlines and MU told him we fly private etc.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2732 on: June 17, 2020, 08:10:01 AM »
I had an interesting experience with experience earlier this year that can shed some light in Jayce.

I was at the airport in Denver . I saw the  Utah basketball team at the gate next to mine . There flight was delayed as was mine. ( I found it odd they were flying commercial, but remembered that Chicos Bail Bonds said that many if the Pac  12 schools Still do that)

Because of the down time ,I was able to get into a discussion with one of the Utah assistant coaches .   When the discussion came around  to Jayce, he got a little PO’d about the whole thing. He alleged that “someone Got to him and sold him a bill  of goods . “ as he noticed Jayces minutes were down, . He said that Jayce would have played maximum minutes at Utah this season . He then said kids will believe what they want to believe and that’s why they have to keep recruiting all the time.

Heck maybe the kid was sick of flying around in cramped airlines and MU told him we fly private etc.

I’m sure.

The good thing is Jayce seemed to love his time at Marquette, so even the bill of goods he was sold ended up working out well with Jayce.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #2733 on: June 17, 2020, 08:17:55 AM »

Saw the USC bball team in Denver airport a few years ago, that has to suck.  Ive flow private many times and it is a wholly different experience.  Flying is a physically draining experience, private so much less so.  Also couldnt imagine being 6 5” or bigger flying commercial.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #2734 on: June 17, 2020, 08:55:51 AM »
Saw the USC bball team in Denver airport a few years ago, that has to suck.  Ive flow private many times and it is a wholly different experience.  Flying is a physically draining experience, private so much less so.  Also couldnt imagine being 6 5” or bigger flying commercial.
Yeah it’s not great. Exit row or misery. 1st class upgrades once or twice a year are a gift.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2735 on: June 17, 2020, 09:13:16 AM »

Angry that a player left, a coach, providing no evidence other than his own hurt feelings, lashed out at the coach/program that got the player.

I don't think ESPN will be interrupting its scheduled programming - probably a replay of a 1983 log-rolling contest - to report this breaking news.

Jayce preferred Marquette, contributed to Marquette, and seemed quite happy to be part of our program. Had he not been hurt earlier in the year, he would have had an even more productive season.

We Are Marquette!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #2736 on: June 17, 2020, 09:18:51 AM »
Angry that a player left, a coach, providing no evidence other than his own hurt feelings, lashed out at the coach/program that got the player.

I don't think ESPN will be interrupting its scheduled programming - probably a replay of a 1983 log-rolling contest - to report this breaking news.

Jayce preferred Marquette, contributed to Marquette, and seemed quite happy to be part of our program. Had he not been hurt earlier in the year, he would have had an even more productive season.

We Are Marquette!

And told a random Marquette fan walking through an airport that the team he is a “fan” of sold their would’ve been stud big man a bill of goods to get him to leave Utah.  ::)
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2737 on: June 17, 2020, 01:14:12 PM »

Nowhere in my post did I mention Marquette. I was addressing the question of why he would go to be a backup. He could do that anywhere that is eligible to go to the NCAA Tournament.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #2738 on: June 17, 2020, 03:30:10 PM »
https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/status/1273351321677172736?s=19

Nojel eastern not admitted to Michigan. Weird situation

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2739 on: June 17, 2020, 03:39:53 PM »

Hey, I got one right!

I wonder if Michigan doesn't "announce" additions to the team until all their transfer credits are figured out. I could see Michigan being a difficult place to transfer into.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #2740 on: June 17, 2020, 05:09:20 PM »
Hey, I got one right!
You know your stuff. Kudos.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #2741 on: June 17, 2020, 05:15:44 PM »
You know your stuff. Kudos.

Broken clock is right twice a day
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2742 on: June 17, 2020, 05:21:07 PM »
Weird...had to be something about this kid, that no high majors wanted to touch him

https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/status/1273378851075362818?s=20

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #2743 on: June 17, 2020, 05:29:09 PM »

Ha, Mrs. Eastern is gonna be pissed.

panda

• All American
« Reply #2744 on: June 17, 2020, 06:44:37 PM »
Weird...had to be something about this kid, that no high majors wanted to touch him

https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/status/1273378851075362818?s=20

He was awful without Edwards on the floor.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #2745 on: June 17, 2020, 08:12:30 PM »

We Are Marquette!
I was delighted that Jayce bought our bill of goods. I think if Jayce  wasn't hurt he would have had a monster year. I thoroughly enjoyed his style of play, he truly got the tough rebounds.
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

bilsu

• All American
« Reply #2746 on: June 18, 2020, 11:58:49 AM »
I was delighted that Jayce bought our bill of goods. I think if Jayce  wasn't hurt he would have had a monster year. I thoroughly enjoyed his style of play, he truly got the tough rebounds.
+1000

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #2747 on: June 18, 2020, 01:09:16 PM »

Guessing his English credits didnt transfer?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2748 on: June 18, 2020, 01:13:59 PM »
Guessing his English credits didnt transfer?

Irony.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2749 on: June 18, 2020, 04:58:57 PM »
Bryan Penn-Johnson transferring from Washington 7'0"

https://twitter.com/the_statement14/status/1273663568588632064?s=20

feedback