[April 25, 2024, 09:43:05 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Uncle Rico
[April 25, 2024, 05:51:25 PM]

Campus camp-out with cool flags? by FreewaysBurnerAccount
[April 25, 2024, 04:52:25 PM]

2024-25 Non-Conference Schedule by The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole
[April 25, 2024, 02:51:03 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 471092 times)

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #2700 on: June 06, 2020, 12:54:27 AM »
Rhode Island is Zagoria's prediction

Per Adam Zagoria Tweet 10 Hours ago
Rhode Island adds Syracuse transfer Jalen Carey

Earl Tatum

• All American
« Reply #2701 on: June 06, 2020, 09:08:45 AM »
Any other transfers or grads we are looking into for 2020?

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2702 on: June 06, 2020, 09:37:28 AM »
Any other transfers or grads we are looking into for 2020?

Doesn't sound like it...the only way i see it happening at this point is if someone big pulls out of the draft and decides to transfer.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #2703 on: June 08, 2020, 09:32:30 PM »
Somewhat cryptic tweet/IG from DJ.

https://twitter.com/11W/status/1270021932713467904

Can't imagine the response here had it been the other way around.  Someone leaving MU and saying something like this.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #2704 on: June 08, 2020, 09:39:39 PM »
Somewhat cryptic tweet/IG from DJ.

https://twitter.com/11W/status/1270021932713467904

Can't imagine the response here had it been the other way around.  Someone leaving MU and saying something like this.

Actually it sounds anything but cryptic. Sounds like he was asked to leave - or at least that’s how he interpreted what went down.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2705 on: June 08, 2020, 09:45:09 PM »
Actually it sounds anything but cryptic. Sounds like he was asked to leave - or at least that’s how he interpreted what went down.

I love DJ and am really glad he chose MU, but I really wish he wouldn't be saying anything publicly about why he left Ohio St. MU needs Ohio St to be supportive and cooperative for DJ to be granted a waiver..saying things in public like this won't help his cause.

On another note, someone asked him when he'd be in Milwaukee and he said July 5th. He also said he has no intentions of sitting out a full year...so that should tell you how important it is for MU for him to be granted a waiver.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #2706 on: June 08, 2020, 09:54:38 PM »

Implying one thing after being pretty vocal about a completely different thing being the reason he stepped away and transferred closer to home, I'd say that qualifies as cryptic. 

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #2707 on: June 08, 2020, 10:17:06 PM »

if that's the case he meets the criteria for a waiver - run off.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #2708 on: June 09, 2020, 07:28:37 AM »
I love DJ and am really glad he chose MU, but I really wish he wouldn't be saying anything publicly about why he left Ohio St. MU needs Ohio St to be supportive and cooperative for DJ to be granted a waiver..saying things in public like this won't help his cause.

On another note, someone asked him when he'd be in Milwaukee and he said July 5th. He also said he has no intentions of sitting out a full year...so that should tell you how important it is for MU for him to be granted a waiver.

Actually the strategy may be that OSU wasn’t supportive of his illness and that’s why he had to leave.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #2709 on: June 09, 2020, 10:53:08 AM »

There was another post of his that said "you'll be sitting out a full year" and he said "No I won't" with some laughing emojis.

Dawson Rental

• All American
  • I prefer a team that's eligible, not paid for
« Reply #2710 on: June 09, 2020, 12:08:22 PM »
Glad to see Foreverwarriors stepping up to help DJ write his social media posts.
You actually have a degree from Marquette?

Quote from: muguru
No...and after reading many many psosts from people on this board that do...I have to say I'm MUCH better off, if this is the type of "intelligence" a degree from MU gets you. It sure is on full display I will say that.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2711 on: June 11, 2020, 11:07:02 AM »
Jeff Goodman
@GoodmanHoops
·
46s
McNeese State’s Keyshawn Feazell had his waiver approved by the NCAA, per source. Feazell transferred from Mississippi State.

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #2712 on: June 15, 2020, 01:29:10 PM »
https://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2020/jun/15/chaney-enters-ncaa-transfer-portal/

Doubt we'll get involved, but I'm sure there are worse options out there as a Theo replacement.  For 21-22 we're still looking at either Dawson (if he's still here) or Lewis as our starting center.  Adding someone with 2 years high major experience would help if only in terms of adding competition.  We certainly have the scholarships to take a project-y big.  Could end up seeing him either way as DePaul offered him in high school, or he could follow Anderson.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2713 on: June 16, 2020, 11:01:57 AM »
Now right here is the PERFECT back up to Theo...He can score, VERY good shot blocker, doesn't have to play a lot of minutes. He and Theo would be a perfect 1-2 combo underneath..immediately eligible

Yor Anei

June 16, 2020
Anei is looking to transfer out of Oklahoma State and will be immediately eligible for the upcoming season, Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports reports.
ANALYSIS
The 6-foot-10 big man is reportedly looking to continue his career elsewhere after spending the last two seasons in Stillwater. Anei had a significant role with the Cowboys, starting 56 games in that span and averaging 7.9 points and 4.7 rebounds.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #2714 on: June 16, 2020, 11:12:46 AM »
Now right here is the PERFECT back up to Theo...He can score, VERY good shot blocker, doesn't have to play a lot of minutes. He and Theo would be a perfect 1-2 combo underneath..immediately eligible

Yor Anei

June 16, 2020
Anei is looking to transfer out of Oklahoma State and will be immediately eligible for the upcoming season, Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports reports.
ANALYSIS
The 6-foot-10 big man is reportedly looking to continue his career elsewhere after spending the last two seasons in Stillwater. Anei had a significant role with the Cowboys, starting 56 games in that span and averaging 7.9 points and 4.7 rebounds.

Marquette reached out to him when he was in high school. Not sure what inroads were made, but playign time at the 5 is soemthign we can offer.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

MarquetteMike1977

• All American
« Reply #2715 on: June 16, 2020, 12:12:14 PM »
Per Jeff Goodman @ Goodman Hoops
Oklahoma State has landed Ole Miss transfer Bryce Williams, source told @Stadium.

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #2716 on: June 16, 2020, 12:21:03 PM »

Yor Anei

June 16, 2020
ANALYSIS

why would 2 year starter and grad transfer want to be a back up?

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #2717 on: June 16, 2020, 12:24:22 PM »

Jayce started 25 of 29 games at Utah in 18-19.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2718 on: June 16, 2020, 12:54:43 PM »

Most kids are smart enough to realize that starting doesn't matter as much as minutes do. Wojo has shown time and again that he will give the minutes to whomever is playing best, staying out of foul trouble (obviously) and who is helping the team in a given game.

Jayce averaged 18 mpg over the final 2 months last season, and played more minutes than Theo did in about half of the games during that span.

Anei averaged 20 mpg for Okla St last season. He has 2 years left, so he'd split with Theo next season and be the main man in the middle as a senior.

There might be other better situations for him, coaches who might tell him he'd play 30 mpg for them, but Wojo has a decent amount to sell him.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #2719 on: June 16, 2020, 01:07:25 PM »
Most kids are smart enough to realize that starting doesn't matter as much as minutes do. Wojo has shown time and again that he will give the minutes to whomever is playing best, staying out of foul trouble (obviously) and who is helping the team in a given game.

Jayce averaged 18 mpg over the final 2 months last season, and played more minutes than Theo did in about half of the games during that span.

Anei averaged 20 mpg for Okla St last season. He has 2 years left, so he'd split with Theo next season and be the main man in the middle as a senior.

There might be other better situations for him, coaches who might tell him he'd play 30 mpg for them, but Wojo has a decent amount to sell him.

Fact of the matter is, he averages over 6 fouls committed per 40 minutes.  He played about 20 minutes per game. 

If someone is telling him he’s going to get 30 mpg, he’ll be fouling out a lot. 
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #2720 on: June 16, 2020, 01:10:32 PM »

Maybe he wants to play in the NCAA tournament, which is no longer an option at Ok State.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #2721 on: June 16, 2020, 02:16:47 PM »

As others stated, he's a two year guy...He could man the middle next year for MU as a starter. This to me is the perfect guy for MU to bring in, and MU's situation is perfect for him as far as minutes he could get and opportunity next year.

Tha Hound

• All American
« Reply #2722 on: June 16, 2020, 02:26:00 PM »
As others stated, he's a two year guy...He could man the middle next year for MU as a starter. This to me is the perfect guy for MU to bring in, and MU's situation is perfect for him as far as minutes he could get and opportunity next year.

Would be a huge get IMHO. His advanced stats are very solid.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #2723 on: June 16, 2020, 02:26:11 PM »
Fact of the matter is, he averages over 6 fouls committed per 40 minutes.  He played about 20 minutes per game. 

If someone is telling him he’s going to get 30 mpg, he’ll be fouling out a lot.

And lying to him, thinking they're just telling him what he wants to hear.

Superb point.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #2724 on: June 16, 2020, 02:33:39 PM »
Maybe he wants to play in the NCAA tournament, which is no longer an option at Ok State.

when did I say he should/would play at OK State?

feedback