[April 23, 2024, 09:42:02 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[April 23, 2024, 09:23:41 PM]

Best case scenarios by Frenns Liquor Depot
[April 23, 2024, 03:55:21 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 23, 2024, 11:02:10 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Transfer portal  (Read 470612 times)

wiscwarrior

• Starter
Re: Transfer portal
« Reply #1025 on: April 10, 2020, 04:52:12 PM »

tower912

• All American
« Reply #1026 on: April 10, 2020, 05:04:58 PM »
Why do you have to do this sh*t??
He enjoys trolling you.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1027 on: April 10, 2020, 05:08:06 PM »
He enjoys trolling you.

More Ners. It’s just not realistic to get Turner, Burton, and DeJulius. At all. Yet some will claim it’s what Wojo SHOULD do so that when it doesn’t happen they can rip him.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1028 on: April 10, 2020, 05:10:21 PM »
Hound it makes perfect sense only if they both have to sit a year.Turner and McEwen graduate and those two fill there slots and get plenty of PT

This isht is funny to me. Well done.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1029 on: April 10, 2020, 05:19:53 PM »
More Ners. It’s just not realistic to get Turner, Burton, and DeJulius. At all. Yet some will claim it’s what Wojo SHOULD do so that when it doesn’t happen they can rip him.

Not all three most likely, but two I certainly think is realistic...it's not like MU is competing with a who's who of CBB for these guys, right??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1030 on: April 10, 2020, 05:31:37 PM »
Hammer Creighton. Cheaters. Those guys leaving? They know the hammer is gonna fall. Pay to play...no way!

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #1031 on: April 10, 2020, 05:37:07 PM »
Hammer Creighton. Cheaters. Those guys leaving? They know the hammer is gonna fall. Pay to play...no way!

Someone tell Alex O’Connell
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1032 on: April 10, 2020, 05:42:25 PM »
Alex is making a mistake. His call. Re: Marquette...relying on transfers. This sucks! Ok, is what it is. But, where’s the need? Immediate eligible stud point guard. Burton has to sit. Turner isn’t a point. So forget them.
Get Carton, get him a waiver and let’s ball. Mane comes along later this summer?...that’s a bonus.
Wojo coached/recruited MU into this, let’s see him get MU out of this.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1033 on: April 10, 2020, 05:58:49 PM »
Actually one PG...DeJulius is the only other True PG they are in the final 4 for..Burton and Turner are more 2 guards that can/have played PG. Anyway, I don't think they would even pursue DeJulius if they thought/knew they were getting Carton. Just my opinion. If you knew Carton was coming, why would you pursue DeJulius as well?? Now granted you always keep recruiting and want the best possible talent you can get(which I applaud) but that one wouldn't really make sense to me if you connect the dots.

Carton is good enough to go pro after 1 more season and is a good candidate for a waiver to play immediately. Chances are that if they landed Carton and Burton/Dejulius, they would never play together.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1034 on: April 10, 2020, 06:01:32 PM »

Based on history until Woj shows the Warrior fanbase that he's more than just the administration's favorite son, its hard to get excited. Wishing all of us seashell and balloons over the next few days, hey?

No one's asking you to get excited. Indeed, nobody expects it. You dislike Wojo too much to get excited about anything he does, and that's cool. Seriously. I actually understand why even long-time, die-hard Warrior fans might be apathetic.

When it comes to his recruiting, though, you're beyond merely apathetic.

I've yet to figure out why you seem to get strange joy out of him missing on recruits. Heck, you even seem to get strange joy out of him possibly missing on recruits. So it must have been devastating for you when he outrecruited everybody for a McDonald's All-American and two other highly ranked kids.

Butt hay, Dock, ewe bee ewe.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1035 on: April 10, 2020, 06:15:35 PM »
No one's asking you to get excited. Indeed, nobody expects it. You dislike Wojo too much to get excited about anything he does, and that's cool. Seriousness sly. I actually understand why even long-time, die-hard Warrior fans might be apathetic.

When it comes to his recruiting, though, you're beyond merely apathetic

I've yet to figure out why you seem to get strange joy out of him missing on recruits. Heck, you even seem to get strange joy out of him possibly missing on recruits. So it must have been devastating for you when he outrecruited everybody for a McDonald's All-American and two other highly ranked kids.

Actually, Wojo must be admins fav son. We’re heading to yr 7 of more cold soup. It’s time for MU to kick some A or cut bait on the Dukie.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 06:21:07 PM by Marq3332 »

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1036 on: April 10, 2020, 06:22:53 PM »
Carton is good enough to go pro after 1 more season and is a good candidate for a waiver to play immediately. Chances are that if they landed Carton and Burton/Dejulius, they would never play together.

I don't disagree with that combo of three...would work, but I'm not sure Turner/Carton would work together...plus Burton. They might, but it's vitally important that if they ONLY get one, it's Turner...He's the real prize. Carton's recruitment has been so quiet, I'm basically writing him off.

Plus, it seems pretty obvious to me, MU isn't willing to wait on him...if Turner Burton and DeJulius all want to commit, they would take them all
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 06:24:58 PM by muguru »

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #1037 on: April 10, 2020, 06:35:46 PM »
Alright, let's do a hypothetical...let's assume Carton, Burton and DeJulius all could get waivers for this year(which I do think is possible), of these 4...you can only have two...Turner, Carton, Burton and DeJulius..Let's also put a little twist on it and assume Carton would only be at MU for a year...who you taking?? For me it's Turner and the other one is tough, but I tend to play things year by year, and I want them to be REALLY good net year so I think on that premise I'd take Turner and Carton.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #1038 on: April 10, 2020, 07:07:48 PM »

Turner would be guaranteed 30+ minutes this year, and would get ample shot opportunities to showcase himself for next level.

Getting all three would be stellar, but there is no reason to think we can't get Turner and at least one of Burton/DeJulius.  There will be ample PT available at guard spot in 2021-2022.  We'd have Greg as a senior, Sy as a junior, and Dex as a redshirt sophomore as the 3 guards on the roster.  From all reports, Burton would be good enough to step into that threesome and get major minutes, no?

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1039 on: April 10, 2020, 07:52:31 PM »

why, because he left his team citing "mental health?"  Waivers have requirements, you don't just file them and say "let me play because." Why can he not go to any other school to improve his "mental health" situation, particularly one closer to home? These are things MU and Carton have to prove.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #1040 on: April 10, 2020, 07:56:54 PM »
why, because he left his team citing "mental health?"  Waivers have requirements, you don't just file them and say "let me play because." Why can he not go to any other school to improve his "mental health" situation, particularly one closer to home? These are things MU and Carton have to prove.

Why are you putting mental health in quotes?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #1041 on: April 10, 2020, 07:57:04 PM »

I would bet pretty much any amount of money that Carton gets a waiver if he pursues one.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1042 on: April 10, 2020, 08:25:14 PM »

Just repeating what some of the talking heads out there are saying.
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1043 on: April 10, 2020, 08:43:11 PM »
No one's asking you to get excited. Indeed, nobody expects it. You dislike Wojo too much to get excited about anything he does, and that's cool. Seriously. I actually understand why even long-time, die-hard Warrior fans might be apathetic.

When it comes to his recruiting, though, you're beyond merely apathetic.

My take is 4ever looks at the results on the court. He has been an MU fan more years than many on this board have
been alive. Everyone wants Wojo to succeed. Year 7 coming up. Let’s see.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1044 on: April 10, 2020, 08:45:52 PM »
With all the playing time he has to offer, if Wojo can’t land Burton, DeJulius, and Turner and get Carton to walk on for a year until a scholarship opens up he’ll never be able to land a good recruiting class.
Why would a guy with pro potential want to walk-on anywhere?  What’s MU for a year...$40-$50k? Please. Get Carton to sign-on and forget about these other jokers. Carton, the incoming recruits, the returning roster and let’s ball!!

Viper

• All American
« Reply #1045 on: April 10, 2020, 08:49:42 PM »
My take is 4ever looks at the results on the court. He has been an MU fan more years than many on this board have
Amen 79Warrior, Amen. But, if it’s another crap sandwich after year 7...smoke Wojo and MU goes after a big dog. No more assistants. If WE ARE MARQUETTE, it’s time to walk the walk!!

Its DJOver

• All American
« Reply #1046 on: April 10, 2020, 08:49:55 PM »
been alive.

I don't dispute this, but age/experience as a fan does not automatically equate more knowledgeable the way some seem to think it does.

Everyone wants Wojo to succeed. Year 7 coming up. Let’s see.

I do dispute this.  Multiple posters have said that because they are 100% convinced that Wojo can't get the job done, they want him to lose as much as possible, as fast as possible, so he gets the boot as soon as possible.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #1047 on: April 10, 2020, 09:12:22 PM »
I don't dispute this, but age/experience as a fan does not automatically equate more knowledgeable the way some seem to think it does.

I do dispute this.  Multiple posters have said that because they are 100% convinced that Wojo can't get the job done, they want him to lose as much as possible, as fast as possible, so he gets the boot as soon as possible.

4ever has been a fan (a knowledgeable one at that) for 50+ years. In that time he never rooted for us to lose a single game or miss out on a single recruit. Period.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #1048 on: April 10, 2020, 09:16:40 PM »

Respectfully disagree.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1049 on: April 10, 2020, 09:21:44 PM »

Trees are envious of 4ever's age.