[Today at 12:21:14 PM]

Marquette Football Update by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 11:11:22 AM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by Herman Cain
[Today at 11:00:09 AM]

Banquet by muwarrior69
[Today at 08:43:40 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Get ready for a Seton Hall home game  (Read 11022 times)

NCMUFan

• All American
Get ready for a Seton Hall home game
« on: March 09, 2020, 11:05:27 AM »
MSG 17 miles from Seton Hall, 35 minutes.
Get ready for a large hostile crowd.

muguru

• All American
Re: Get ready for a Seton Hall home game
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 11:10:15 AM »
Not too mention a pissed off SH team because they couldn't/didn't close the deal on an outright BE title.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 11:15:19 AM »
Not too mention a pissed off SH team because they couldn't/didn't close the deal on an outright BE title.

They shouldn't be any more pissed off than us. Unfortunately, they are a lot better than us.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2020, 11:19:02 AM »
They shouldn't be any more pissed off than us. Unfortunately, they are a lot better than us.

I don't know about a lot...They just made everything in Milwaukee, I'd zone them more and make them make shots. And for the love of god Wojo do NOT let Bailey guard Mamu...not even for a possession.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 11:24:05 AM »
I don't know about a lot...They just made everything in Milwaukee, I'd zone them more and make them make shots. And for the love of god Wojo do NOT let Bailey guard Mamu...not even for a possession.

I agree we should zone them for at least parts of the game. They did a great job of beating us by screening us at the bottom of the zone and lobbing it over the top to Gill. We just don't have the size to matchup with them and they will kill us on the boards if we zone all game.

I would also like to see 10 minutes of the small ball we saw at SJU. They are bigger than us regardless. But if we go small and either press them or zone them, I think we'll get a ton of open shots. Make Gill, Mamu, and Obiagu guard us on the perimeter. We wouldn't be able to stop them much with that lineup but it'd give us a chance to force the tempo/style of the game and force SHU to adjust to a style they haven't seen from us before.

bradforster

• All American
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2020, 11:25:02 AM »
Marquette looks to avenge a 2019 Big East tourney loss to Seton Hall that included three ejections, nine technical fouls and 85 free throws.  There were several heated verbal exchanges and a near brawl during the contest.  Other than that, it was just another ho-hum BE tournament game.  I'm sure both teams remember last year's nearly calamitous event quite well. 

muguru

• All American
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2020, 11:28:12 AM »
I agree we should zone them for at least parts of the game. They did a great job of beating us by screening us at the bottom of the zone and lobbing it over the top to Gill. We just don't have the size to matchup with them and they will kill us on the boards if we zone all game.

I would also like to see 10 minutes of the small ball we saw at SJU. They are bigger than us regardless. But if we go small and either press them or zone them, I think we'll get a ton of open shots. Make Gill, Mamu, and Obiagu guard us on the perimeter. We wouldn't be able to stop them much with that lineup but it'd give us a chance to force the tempo/style of the game and force SHU to adjust to a style they haven't seen from us before.

I know this is stating the obvious, but the key is ...please for once, start fast! It seems like ta the beginning of games, they are purposely working the ball around and getting a post touch and nothing seems "natural". Scrap that. First possession, let Markus pull up and shoot it..I don't even care if it's a bad shot..let it fly. he has started very slow the first five minutes of games as well..Whether that's by design or not, who knows, but usually once he makes his first, the rest of the team kind of calms down and settles in a bit. Just shoot it Markus..early and often.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2020, 11:30:03 AM »
Marquette looks to avenge a 2019 Big East tourney loss to Seton Hall that included three ejections, nine technical fouls and 85 free throws.  There were several heated verbal exchanges and a near brawl during the contest.  Other than that, it was just another ho-hum BE tournament game.  I'm sure both teams remember last year's nearly calamitous event quite well.

God that game was awful. Watching theo get tossed for nothing, having an ejected Seton hall player come back.  I am still seething of markus launching that shot while Sam was sitting wide open.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2020, 11:30:10 AM »

I also might try some lineups with both Theo and Jayce in the game..That's also a look they haven't seen. Except at the end of the game with them in Milwaukee and it actually worked decently.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2020, 11:32:00 AM »

I was hoping we’d get that kind of desire for payback on Senior Day. Unfortunately that didn’t come through.

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2020, 11:33:15 AM »
God that game was awful. Watching theo get tossed for nothing, having an ejected Seton hall player come back.  I am still seething of markus launching that shot while Sam was sitting wide open.
I swear that was the moment he decided to transfer
No Finish Line

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2020, 11:34:03 AM »
I also might try some lineups with both Theo and Jayce in the game..That's also a look they haven't seen. Except at the end of the game with them in Milwaukee and it actually worked decently.

I'm fine with that too. Just show them something they haven't seen much of. Make Cale and Rhoden beat you over the top again. If they do, so be it.

CTWarrior

• All American
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2020, 11:34:42 AM »
Jayce was great against SJU Saturday, other than that ugly miss when he got himself too far under the basket.  Rebounding machine.  We started our comeback with him on the floor, but when he picked up his third foul he went to the bench never to return.  I want to see him more in whatever games we have left.
Calvin:  I'm a genius.  But I'm a misunderstood genius. 
Hobbes:  What's misunderstood about you?
Calvin:  Nobody thinks I'm a genius.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2020, 11:34:53 AM »

I agree, and if he had been pondering it before that, I think that play, that moment sealed the deal for him.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2020, 11:35:54 AM »
Jayce was great against SJU Saturday, other than that ugly miss when he got himself too far under the basket.  Rebounding machine.  We started our comeback with him on the floor, but when he picked up his third foul he went to the bench never to return.  I want to see him more in whatever games we have left.

I 100% agree, they have been better offensively when he has been in the game. More Jayce Wojo...please!

Windyplayer

• All American
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2020, 11:40:04 AM »
MSG 17 miles from Seton Hall, 35 minutes.
Get ready for a large hostile crowd.
The Garden will quickly become a Markus fan when he hits 40 with 10:00 to play. A fun and fickle bunch.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2020, 11:42:57 AM »

r/watchpeopledieinside

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2020, 11:43:55 AM »
I agree, and if he had been pondering it before that, I think that play, that moment sealed the deal for him.
Rewatching it, a quick pass to Sam would have a WIDE OPEN Jamal in the corner.
https://twitter.com/SetonHallMBB/status/1106769837026508800

pbiflyer

• All American
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2020, 11:51:34 AM »

So was Sam.

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2020, 12:00:59 PM »
Home game for Seton Hall!?! We'll have a vocal group of 4 there in gold!

MDMU04

• All American
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2020, 01:25:06 PM »
"They call me eccentric. They used to call me nuts. I haven't changed." - Al McGuire

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2020, 01:42:55 PM »
Does SHU still close off the entire upper level of the Rock, or have a decent number of fans actually started showing up for their games?

leever

• All American
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2020, 02:01:37 PM »
Have we magically figured out how to break a press?  Will 2nd half of ST Johns Sacar show up?  What is Chicos next user name?  These are the questions that trouble me.

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2020, 02:03:48 PM »
Will it help our seeding if we can convince the tournament committee that it's a SHU home game?

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2020, 03:03:31 PM »
What is Chicos next user name? 

Wojoisbetterthenal

Taking bets

feedback