[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: No Sub for Markus at end  (Read 13874 times)

#UnleashSean

• All American
Re: No Sub for Markus at end
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2020, 06:51:58 PM »
A "handful of teenagers"? It's not. It's more than that. Is this your first time on Scoop? You don't think they have people reading these boards? (every MU coach has, btw).

Rofl. You have way to high of an opinion on Scoop to think the coaches are checking it/care

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2020, 07:23:16 PM »
What's the red flag? No one else left. Symir reclassified. Dexter still came to red shirt. Jayce came in as a grad transfer. Wojo got an extension Got a pretty dam good class that is far from being over. The only red flag I see is the saintly Houser brother had a problem with the program and they left

The red flag was that Wojo mismanaged the locker room last year. What should have been handled and blown over, instead snow-balled and led to the Hauser's transferring out...and along with it our projected Top 10 ranking.

It was nice mental masturbation for some to hypothesize that we'd be better without them, but that was non-sense.  We have no reliable second or even third scorer - Sam and Joey would have given us that.

As a result, we are probably headed for another first round loss in the NCAA this year, we graduate arguably three of our best players (Markus, Sacar, Jayce), and Year 7 of the Wojo regime probably ends up as an NIT team.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 29, 2020, 07:47:19 PM »
I am far from the Markus Howard fanclub President, but he earned a long standing ovation from the faithful. He was/is a very good player in our history and represented himself and MU with class. Wojo was a dick for not giving him his moment. Again, I am far from being a Howard groupie, but I gave him a hand at the bar where I was watching.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #53 on: February 29, 2020, 07:57:31 PM »
Wojo has been very subdued the last couple of games, reminds me a bit of Buzz before he left...has Wojo checked out?

I do wonder if you are on to something.   IIRC, neither Jayce nor Sacar thanked any coach.  Markus did call out Wojo and the video cut to him.  He seemed .. stoic, zero reaction.

I suppose that could be due to losing 4 of 5 games, plus laying a sizable egg in front of a packed crowd celebrating MU's top scorer in history.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #54 on: February 29, 2020, 08:02:03 PM »
I am far from the Markus Howard fanclub President, but he earned a long standing ovation from the faithful. He was/is a very good player in our history and represented himself and MU with class. Wojo was a dick for not giving him his moment.

Gotta be honest .. I don't see this line of thinking at all. 

25 seconds earlier, MU had a chance.  I don't blame Wojo for not calling a foul at the end.  Hell, despite his 37 points, I bet Markus was pretty sad anyhow.  Just get the game over.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 29, 2020, 08:04:20 PM »

Never mind I see you were referring to Wojo.  Sorry.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 08:06:17 PM by Shooter McGavin »

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #56 on: February 29, 2020, 08:06:29 PM »
I do wonder if you are on to something.   IIRC, neither Jayce nor Sacar thanked any coach.  Markus did call out Wojo and the video cut to him.  He seemed .. stoic, zero reaction.

I suppose that could be due to losing 4 of 5 games, plus laying a sizable egg in front of a packed crowd celebrating MU's top scorer in history.

I took it as him trying to keep his emotions together. He did walk off the court quickly. I’m sure he didn’t speak due to getting booed and taking away from the players.

dad's couch

• Starter
« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2020, 08:40:44 PM »
The red flag was that Wojo mismanaged the locker room last year. What should have been handled and blown over, instead snow-balled and led to the Hauser's transferring out...and along with it our projected Top 10 ranking.

It was nice mental masturbation for some to hypothesize that we'd be better without them, but that was non-sense.  We have no reliable second or even third scorer - Sam and Joey would have given us that.

As a result, we are probably headed for another first round loss in the NCAA this year, we graduate arguably three of our best players (Markus, Sacar, Jayce), and Year 7 of the Wojo regime probably ends up as an NIT team.

How do you know it was mismanaged? Maybe if Wojo placated the Hausers a bunch of people would have left and then Sam and Joey could have been surrounded by grad transfers from the American East and we can be talking about CBI.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2020, 09:05:15 PM »
How do you know it was mismanaged? Maybe if Wojo placated the Hausers a bunch of people would have left and then Sam and Joey could have been surrounded by grad transfers from the American East and we can be talking about CBI.

Because the Hausers left. That’s how I know it was mismanaged.  And with their departure any real chance of us making a run.

PS - The coaching staff had to go into full on scramble mode to limit the transfers to just the Hausers. After they announced their departure, it was widely known other players needed to be re-recruited to the program.

PSS - I suspect a team led by Sam Hauser would have done equally as well as this year’s squad. What’s sad AF is that Wojo couldn’t keep Markus + Hauser brothers in good harmony.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #59 on: February 29, 2020, 09:10:54 PM »
Because the Hausers left. That’s how I know it was mismanaged.  And with their departure any real chance of us making a run.

PS - The coaching staff had to go into full on scramble mode to limit the transfers to just the Hausers. After they announced their departure, it was widely known other players needed to be re-recruited to the program.

PSS - I suspect a team led by Sam Hauser would have done equally as well as this year’s squad. What’s sad AF is that Wojo couldn’t keep Markus + Hauser brothers in good harmony.

Couldn’t agree more! Also remember Sam and Markus were great friends at one point. The hauser’s has Markus to their place for a holiday or 2 if I recall. It wasn’t like wojo had to mange 2/3 people who hated each other from day one.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #60 on: February 29, 2020, 09:11:28 PM »

Actually this is not widely known. In fact the it may not be accurate at all. Many versions I have heard have the opposite taking place. That the Hausers’ transfer prevented other players from leaving.

And it’s “PPS” by the way.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 29, 2020, 09:23:34 PM »

Wrong on so many levels. Just because someone transfers does not mean the scenario was mismanaged. Some things are inevitable.
 Story I heard from a players family was that players were going to transfer if both Hausers started, as it would not leave room for them to get any meaningful minutes.
I liked Sam as a player, but he, in my opinion, was not an alpha male. He could not create his own shot. I belive this team would be fighting with St Johns and Georgetown for 9th place if we switched Markus and Sam.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #62 on: February 29, 2020, 09:26:06 PM »
Wrong on so many levels. Just because someone transfers does not mean the scenario was mismanaged. Some things are inevitable.
 Story I heard from a players family was that players were going to transfer if both Hausers started, as it would not leave room for them to get any meaningful minutes.
I liked Sam as a player, but he, in my opinion, was not an alpha male. He could not create his own shot. I belive this team would be fighting with St Johns and Georgetown for 9th place if we switched Markus and Sam.

If the hauser’s stayed Cain was leaving, that it.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #63 on: February 29, 2020, 09:27:48 PM »

Who was going to go? Not Markus, not Jayce, not Koby. Sacar? To a mid major instead of a top 10 team? Unlikely. I guess maybe Cain, maybe Ed quits.

Bottom line, Sam and Joey would have been surrounded by at least Markus, Koby and Jayce. So already a much better team. Add the likely return of Sacar and Theo and it’s top 10. If Cain and Elliot come back, even better due to depth.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 09:30:42 PM by Lennys Tap »

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 29, 2020, 09:30:28 PM »
Who was going to go? Not Markus, not Jayce, not Koby. Sacar? To a mid major instead of a top 10 team? Unlikely. I guess maybe Cain, maybe Ed quits.

Bottom line, Sam and Joey would have been surrounded by at least Markus, Koby and Jayce. So already a much better getter team. Add the likely return of Sacar and Theo and it’s top 10. If Cain and Elliot come back, even better due to depth.

Cain, that’s it.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #65 on: February 29, 2020, 09:31:15 PM »

Bottom line, Sam and Joey would have been surrounded by at least Markus, Koby and Jayce. So already a much better getter team. Add the likely return of Sacar and Theo and it’s top 10. If Cain and Elliot come back, even better due to depth.

But that wasn’t an option.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #66 on: February 29, 2020, 09:32:45 PM »

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 29, 2020, 10:22:11 PM »
Marquette would be going into the tourney in a stronger position with the Hausers on the team and Marcus going pro after last year.  All the coaches in the Big E know how to defend Marcus.  He may get a lot of points but our offense stinks.  I hear this from guys who know basketball.   Cannot figure out why Wojo can’t coach a team offense.  We are what we are with Marcus scoring the high % of our points.

mu-rara

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 29, 2020, 10:33:38 PM »
These people are pathetic. Must be all the meat.
The students sounded like UW football fans early in the game.  Next it’ll be Eat sh*t F*ck You

MU82

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 29, 2020, 10:52:42 PM »
I think we should all argue about the Hausers leaving one more time, because that's every bit as useful here as it was in the first 2,553 threads in which it was mentioned, and also because it's very relevant to the OP of this fine thread.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 29, 2020, 11:03:24 PM »
Marquette would be going into the tourney in a stronger position with the Hausers on the team and Marcus going pro after last year.  All the coaches in the Big E know how to defend Marcus.  He may get a lot of points but our offense stinks.  I hear this from guys who know basketball.   Cannot figure out why Wojo can’t coach a team offense.  We are what we are with Marcus scoring the high % of our points.

Four years of Howard and some still do not know his name.

zcg2013

• Team Captain
« Reply #71 on: February 29, 2020, 11:10:47 PM »
Didn’t you know arguing about the same past incident repeatedly will obviously make a difference to the present time?

I think we should all argue about the Hausers leaving one more time, because that's every bit as useful here as it was in the first 2,553 threads in which it was mentioned, and also because it's very relevant to the OP of this fine thread.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2020, 06:38:28 AM »
All the coaches have a game plan to beat Marquette. It works if players not named Markus are missing their shots. Having Joey and Sam instead of Markus would make our offense worse
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 06:41:26 AM by lawdog77 »

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2020, 07:17:15 AM »
 nope, that's more of a symptom of carbohydrate overload. 

"These people are pathetic. Must be all the meat"
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 07:18:48 AM by rocket surgeon »
don't...don't don't don't don't

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2020, 07:24:12 AM »
All the coaches have a game plan to beat Marquette. It works if players not named Markus are missing their shots. Having Joey and Sam instead of Markus would make our offense worse

Correct, every player not named Markus was off their game yesterday.  Unfortunately that is going to happen most games when we play elite teams because better talent makes lesser talent look really bad at all levels of basketball.  Markus is the only player Seton Hall would take on their team without blinking.  The rest of their players are simply better than ours and if our players not named Markus shoot 20% from the field we will lose every time.  It’s not that good teams scheme us better. They are simply better.