[April 19, 2024, 11:23:24 PM]

2024 Mock Drafts by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:10:31 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Jockey
[April 19, 2024, 11:09:03 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by Scoop Snoop
[April 19, 2024, 09:34:36 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Lay Off The Boos  (Read 21868 times)

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Re: Lay Off The Boos
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2020, 09:45:11 AM »
Well, when NoJos make threads about how much they wish Marquette could trade programs with DePaul it isn't very hard to make that narrative work.
Where were you for the last 2 games of the three game losing streak?  Nice to have you back.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2020, 09:47:11 AM »
Ah so now you're smarter, AND you have the moral high ground.

Well I tip my cap to you, sir Jake.

Finally those ethics and philosophy classes are paying off.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2020, 09:57:01 AM »
Where were you for the last 2 games of the three game losing streak?  Nice to have you back.

Manes posted exactly 30 times between the Creighton loss and the Georgetown win. You're not helping break the "Nojo's aren't smart" stereotype that you claim exists
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2020, 10:02:39 AM »
Manes posted exactly 30 times between the Creighton loss and the Georgetown win. You're not helping break the "Nojo's aren't smart" stereotype that you claim exists
I quoted him a couple times no responses.  Now, unprompted, he quotes me.  The big Georgetown victory has him feeling on top of the Projo world.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2020, 10:06:51 AM »
I quoted him a couple times no responses.  Now, unprompted, he quotes me.  The big Georgetown victory has him feeling on top of the Projo world.

Did it ever occur to you that he may have you on "Ignore"?
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2020, 10:07:51 AM »
Are we talking about boos or booze?

Hahaha!!   ;D

To quote Emily Latella, "Oh,..........Never mind."
The shaka sign, sometimes known as "hang loose", is a gesture of friendly intent often associated with Hawaii and surf culture.

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2020, 10:13:10 AM »

I mean when you essentially post on the internet "People say I'm not smart and I don't like it" you're kind of setting it on a tee there, no?
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2020, 10:17:01 AM »
I mean when you essentially post on the internet "People say I'm not smart and I don't like it" you're kind of setting it on a tee there, no?
Is that what I said?  Is that even similar to what I said??  My post was to call into question the unfounded condescension shown by Projos - especially after huge victories over **checks notes** 15-13 Georgetown.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2020, 10:17:40 AM »
Is that what I said?  Is that even similar to what I said??  My post was to call into question the unfounded condescension shown by Projos - especially after huge victories over **checks notes** 15-13 Georgetown.

Thank you for your service
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2020, 10:24:32 AM »
My favorite ProJo narrative is that somehow they're inherently smarter than NoJos.

More patient, follow the stats better and a bit more grounded than reactionary.

Not inherently smarter though.
Maigh Eo for Sam

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2020, 10:25:38 AM »
More patient, follow the stats better and a bit more grounded than reactionary.

Not inherently smarter though.
1. Yes
2. Opinion
3. Same as 1

LoudMouth

• All American
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2020, 10:26:32 AM »

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2020, 10:35:18 AM »

Lol.  What are you talking about?  I've posted after every game this year.

So wait.  You tried to claim I was hiding after losses, and follow it up by saying you quoted my posts?

"Jee whizz, how could a ProJo ever act smarter than me?!"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 10:39:22 AM by manesworld »
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2020, 10:48:11 AM »
Fish on!

Chili,

Need to get you up to Bristol Bay / Kvichak River for the Sockeye run in Jun/Jul.

Just an amazing fishing experience. Only the sockeye are sharper than some Scoopers.

Death on call

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2020, 10:50:49 AM »
Lol.  What are you talking about?  I've posted after every game this year.

So wait.  You tried to claim I was hiding after losses, and follow it up by saying you quoted my posts?

"Jee whizz, how could a ProJo ever act smarter than me?!"
You're significantly more combative now that we beat Georgetown.  That's all I'm getting at.  Similar to when you told me "it's been proven" that Wojo is a good coach after we beat Butler and then promptly went on the three game losing streak.

Basketball seasons are up and down.  What makes this board such a tug of war is that Wojo teams are typically just about exactly as much "up" as they are "down" in Big East play year-over-year.  Mediocrity defined.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2020, 11:30:11 AM »
As far as the booing goes...I don't condone it, but as a player/Coach/Administrator, wouldn't you rather have booing, then dead silence, as in no one is there?? To me, at least if you boo it means you care...right??
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Mr. Nielsen

• All American
  • Facts don't care about your feelings!
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2020, 11:31:06 AM »
I believe this only comes from a pocket of students.
If we are all thinking alike, we're not thinking at all. It's OK to disagree. Just don't be disagreeable.
-Bill Walton

ATL MU Warrior

• All American
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2020, 11:36:55 AM »
As far as the booing goes...I don't condone it, but as a player/Coach/Administrator, wouldn't you rather have booing, then dead silence, as in no one is there?? To me, at least if you boo it means you care...right??
No, it means you're a douche

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2020, 11:58:23 AM »

Not really. I'd take silence over booing.

Booing creates a bad environment. Creates an expectation that bad things are gonna happen. Makes the team play tighter than they might compared to a hyped up crowd or a silent one, for that matter. Home court is supposed to mean you're not the enemy.

You, of all people, are an embodiment of how badly we all want to see Marquette succeed in the long run. Booing really gains nothing, especially for a team that is busting its a*s to fill the gaps left by people who put personal interests over team. While I can only speak to my expectations, this team is on the cusp of meeting and possibly exceeding the ones I set after the brothers left. Not sure why you boo a team on that cusp--or at all.

BrewCity83

• All American
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2020, 12:02:55 PM »
I believe this only comes from a pocket of students.

I agree - I sit in a corner near the band, and at the beginning of the Georgetown game all the boos I could hear were coming from a part of the student section.  It was nowhere near a majority of the students, in fact it was clearly a vocal minority.  I didn't catch any booing from the general audience outside of the student section, and I was paying attention to it because I was prepared to hear some based on some of you knuckleheads' posts (not you Nielsen). 

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2020, 12:04:52 PM »
1. Yes
2. Opinion
3. Same as 1

It's not really opinion. There's at least two or three anti Wojo posters who refuse to acknowledge stats and stick to eye tests. One who maintains deane was better despite repeatedly being shown otherwise. Not saying it's true of each individual but between both groups the stubborn "I'm right you are wrong" posters tend be anti Wojo guys
Maigh Eo for Sam

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2020, 12:05:58 PM »
Not really. I'd take silence over booing.

Booing creates a bad environment. Creates an expectation that bad things are gonna happen. Makes the team play tighter than they might compared to a hyped up crowd or a silent one, for that matter. Home court is supposed to mean you're not the enemy.

You, of all people, are an embodiment of how badly we all want to see Marquette succeed in the long run. Booing really gains nothing, especially for a team that is busting its a*s to fill the gaps left by people who put personal interests over team. While I can only speak to my expectations, this team is on the cusp of meeting and possibly exceeding the ones I set after the brothers left. Not sure why you boo a team on that cusp--or at all.
On the cusp of what?  We are mathematically eliminated from Big East regular season contention, need to go undefeated for Big East Top 3, need to go further undefeated after that to make a run at the Big East Tourney Title, and we need to potentially beat a 1, 2, or 3 seed to make it to a Sweet Sixteen (after, oh by the way, beating a team close to our line on the s-curve).

What are we on the cusp of again?  More "Wojo success" that's actually nothing tangible?

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2020, 12:09:18 PM »
It's not really opinion. There's at least two or three anti Wojo posters who refuse to acknowledge stats and stick to eye tests. One who maintains deane was better despite repeatedly being shown otherwise. Not saying it's true of each individual but between both groups the stubborn "I'm right you are wrong" posters tend be anti Wojo guys
This isn’t really accurate. For the 2-3 anti Wojo obnoxious posters, there are 2-3 insufferable pro Wojo posters.
No Finish Line

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2020, 12:10:36 PM »
There should be MVP chants for Markus on every free throw attempt tomorrow. And something for Powell on all of his free throws (hopefully not many).

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2020, 12:13:50 PM »
On the cusp of what?  We are mathematically eliminated from Big East regular season contention, need to go undefeated for Big East Top 3, need to go further undefeated after that to make a run at the Big East Tourney Title, and we need to potentially beat a 1, 2, or 3 seed to make it to a Sweet Sixteen (after, oh by the way, beating a team close to our line on the s-curve).

What are we on the cusp of again?  More "Wojo success" that's actually nothing tangible?

If you're going to be reactionary, maybe read what youre reacting to first.

feedback