[March 27, 2024, 10:24:36 PM]

UNLEASH THE POWER OF SCOOP!!! by TallTitan34
[March 27, 2024, 10:20:50 PM]

Best MU team since 1977 by Galway Eagle
[March 27, 2024, 09:47:04 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Hallmarq
[March 27, 2024, 09:09:04 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Wojo's Dirty End of Game  (Read 18270 times)

lawdog77

• All American
Re: Wojo's Dirty End of Game
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2020, 09:03:35 PM »
lawdog

I think Howard is a very good player and someone that will be remembered fondly for years by any knowledgeable MU fan. My only gripe on him is the stupid GOAT threads.

As for Wojo, my thoughts have not changed over past three years, he is in over his head if MU wants to have a real basketball program.
IMO, Markus is the greatest offensive talent MU has ever had. He has destroyed the record books.

I am turning into a NOJO more and more each day.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2020, 09:05:18 PM »
IMO, Markus is the greatest offensive talent MU has ever had. He has destroyed the record books.

I am turning into a NOJO more and more each day.

Wade or Novak are the greatest. The game was just a lot different 18 years ago.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2020, 09:09:53 PM »
IMO Wade or Lee were the two best All Around players, but honestly Wade couldnt shout outside of 15 feet. Novak might have been the best pure shooter, but he was limited offensively as well.

I am done for the week. I am approaching Chicos like numbers today. Peace

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2020, 09:12:32 PM »
IMO Wade or Lee were the two best All Around players, but honestly Wade couldnt shout outside of 15 feet. Novak might have been the best pure shooter, but he was limited offensively as well.

Wade didnt shoot outside of 15 feet because he didn't learn to. If he was a player in 2020 theres no doubt in my mind he would have a killer 3 point shot.

Have to remember that things like EFG and taking long distance shots are a relatively new theory

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #54 on: February 22, 2020, 09:13:19 PM »

Cmon....just change your screen name and post under multiple account aliases...then you would be Chicos-like.

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2020, 09:25:51 PM »

Novak??? Put down the crack pipe.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2020, 10:53:57 AM »
The timeouts were a joke. That was an embarrassing moment in program history.

LOL

Having MU the front page of the Chicago tribune with rape allegations and how we handled it was embarrassing moment in program history.

Calling a timeout late in a game is hardly one.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2020, 10:55:13 AM »
Guy's in over his head. Dude's gotta go.

I hope he does, takes every recruit and the next non unicorn takes five years until you all eject him, too.

Going to be awesome....can you feel it?

I don’t really hope this, but maybe the unicorn fantasies with some would finally be buried.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 10:58:49 AM by Cheeks »
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2020, 11:14:15 AM »
I hope he does, takes every recruit and the next non unicorn takes five years until you all eject him, too.

Going to be awesome....can you feel it?

I don’t really hope this, but maybe the unicorn fantasies with some would finally be buried.

Do glad your ego is so big you would rather marquette be bad then be wrong. Also 1 more loss till the big 200

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2020, 11:17:21 AM »
Cmon....just change your screen name and post under multiple account aliases...then you would be Chicos-like.

LOL....oh sweetie

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2020, 11:29:56 AM »
Do glad your ego is so big you would rather marquette be bad then be wrong. Also 1 more loss till the big 200
He's no fan of Marquette University.

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2020, 11:34:30 AM »
Was Cooley playing dirty and a disgrace, because he not only kept his starters in but was putting on a full-court press up double digits, even before we started fouling?

It's basketball. It is all about getting into the NCAA tournament and that means a higher NET rating. Cooley had on the full court press for the same reason Wojo played hard to the end.
Yep.  That’s the bottom line.  Some posters here are really off the wall.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2020, 11:43:46 AM »

No, I just don’t want to start over again like you guys do. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2020, 11:46:17 AM »
He's no fan of Marquette University.

Right...that’s why I am paying $30k a year right now to the school and typically attend several games a year despite living in So Cal....right.   Good Lord.

No, I just don’t want to start over again and laugh at the knee jerk nonsense in losing three games to teams no one should be surprised we lost to.  Two in the road to good teams, one at home to arguably a top ten team in the country.  The pants pissing here remains incredible.

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2020, 12:07:26 PM »
Right...that’s why I am paying $30k a year right now to the school and typically attend several games a year despite living in So Cal....right.   Good Lord.

No, I just don’t want to start over again and laugh at the knee jerk nonsense in losing three games to teams no one should be surprised we lost to.  Two in the road to good teams, one at home to arguably a top ten team in the country.  The pants pissing here remains incredible.
Whatever.

Personally, I want Wojo back next next year.

The fact that you believe that if Wojo leaves or gets fired will virtually be the end of MU basketball shows you know nothing about the program or the great university that is Marquette.

Agreed to disagree. Enjoy you day.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2020, 03:03:53 PM »
Whatever.

Personally, I want Wojo back next next year.

The fact that you believe that if Wojo leaves or gets fired will virtually be the end of MU basketball shows you know nothing about the program or the great university that is Marquette.

Agreed to disagree. Enjoy you day.

You were the one who said I wasn't a fan of Marquette University....which is an off the wall ridiculous statement.  Don't come at me with "whatever".

Did I say if Wojo leaves (could happen, wouldn't blame him) or gets fired (not going to happen) means the end of MU basketball....also a completely false statement. I do, however, believe it means further delaying stability which is an absolute fact.  Throw in this stupidity about free agency nonsense and it's a recipe for disaster.

Enjoy your day and if you could please stop with lying about what people haven't said...thanks.

keefe

• All American
  • "Death From Above"
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2020, 03:05:00 PM »

Death on call

Goose

• All American
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2020, 03:50:18 PM »
Cheeks

Why would you not blame Wojo for leaving? How do you come up with this stuff?

tower912

• All American
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2020, 03:53:51 PM »
I would  assume Jamie means that he would not blame him for going to a program where averaging 21 wins a year for 5 years with a top 10 class coming in is considered something to be appreciated, not reason for termination.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2020, 03:55:37 PM »
I would  assume Jamie means that he would not blame him for going to a program where averaging 21 wins a year for 5 years with a top 10 class coming in is considered something to be appreciated, not reason for termination.

Yeah I didn’t find that hard to follow at all.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2020, 04:07:51 PM »
You were the one who said I wasn't a fan of Marquette University....which is an off the wall ridiculous statement.  Don't come at me with "whatever".

Did I say if Wojo leaves (could happen, wouldn't blame him) or gets fired (not going to happen) means the end of MU basketball....also a completely false statement. I do, however, believe it means further delaying stability which is an absolute fact.  Throw in this stupidity about free agency nonsense and it's a recipe for disaster.

Enjoy your day and if you could please stop with lying about what people haven't said...thanks.

If Wojo leaves because a couple yahoos on Scoop want him gone and some drunken students called him a cuck and boo at the beginning of games, it’d make him the softest coach in the business.  Or, as he might say in a post game presser, “one of the softest coaches in the United States.”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2020, 04:09:32 PM »
Cheeks

Why would you not blame Wojo for leaving? How do you come up with this stuff?

If I was being booed and people were pissing on the best player to come through MU in quite some time, all while taking the program to the tournament 3 of 4 years and the best recruiting class in years coming next...I can do that elsewhere and not freeze my arse off with people waiting for Al’s ghost to walk through the door.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2020, 04:13:42 PM »
If Wojo leaves because a couple yahoos on Scoop want him gone and some drunken students called him a cuck and boo at the beginning of games, it’d make him the softest coach in the business.  Or, as he might say in a post game presser, “one of the softest coaches in the United States.”

It would be more than just a couple of yahoos....it’s the overall nonsense.  The same one other coaches at MU have told me about when I worked there and after I left.  We are overly entitled and stuck on what happened a long time ago.  It’s a very good job, but people don’t stay because when you win it isn’t enough and people start getting that tingle down their leg....anD if you don’t win enough then you are out anyway.  As one coach told me years ago....it’s a blessing and a curse that a number of other programs don’t have.  You become a victim of any success you create.

tower912

• All American
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2020, 04:17:02 PM »
Which I believe is the reason that Parrish gave for Buzz leaving.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2020, 04:19:24 PM »
Which I believe is the reason that Parrish gave for Buzz leaving.

Al McGuire said it himself in 1976... our fans are what they are.