[Today at 09:07:16 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by Spotcheck Billy
[Today at 07:22:54 AM]

Dallas bars tonite by Marquette Gyros
[Today at 06:59:41 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Jay Bee
[Today at 06:42:08 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: If Wojo left the program today...  (Read 36751 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: If Wojo left the program today...
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2020, 11:49:54 PM »
CTWarrior

I have always said I could stomach a rebuild, even a multi year rebuild. I truthfully lost my patience during the second half of year four. I think you summed it up perfectly for me, I lost my enthusiasm for the first time in years.

IMO there seems to be a lack of urgency and accountability from the brass down to Wojo. As I have mentioned countless times this season, this recruiting class is the tipping point for me. At the moment it is good and hoping for more.

So in year five when we’re ranked as high tenth you had still mailed it in from the year before?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2020, 11:50:45 PM »
Lovell will protect Wojo as long as he is president! They both need to go ASAP!

Lol.  Yes, because we need to make sure athletics runs the university....my God.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2020, 11:51:28 PM »
Let me ask you a question, as a fan of MU when players we have recruited bolt because of free agency that some of our fans here want, how do you think fans will feel?  Do you think the passion will also evaporate from us and other teams as players are poached right off the roster?
For the record - I don’t think the entire recruiting class would bolt if Wojo were to leave.

That being said, I’d gladly let the chips fall where they may with regards to this recruiting class if it means we rid ourselves of Wojo. I can’t take this basketball purgatory any longer.

If the best reason we have to be tied to this coach is 2-3 high school seniors, there is a major problem with our priorities, and it is a damning indictment of this coach.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2020, 11:55:47 PM »
Wojo has recruited 4 players who were good enough to draw interest from programs on a higher level than ours. One (Ellenson) only played one year of college so his case is moot. Of the other 3, 2 transferred. Doubt it could get worse.

100% false again...you are truly in a role with your falsehoods today.

But let’s pretend you are right...if that is the case how are we doing as well as we have?  Must be the coaching.  Oh, and don’t forget the recruiting disadvantage we have because your guy couldn’t keep his players from so many actions that the university was forced to clamp down.  He has to recruit with one arm behind his back because of the actions of a number of guys....ahh those pesky details.

You need to go back and look at those ratings of players you love to quote so much.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2020, 11:57:24 PM »
For the record - I don’t think the entire recruiting class would bolt if Wojo were to leave.

That being said, I’d gladly let the chips fall where they may with regards to this recruiting class if it means we rid ourselves of Wojo. I can’t take this basketball purgatory any longer.

If the best reason we have to be tied to this coach is 2-3 high school seniors, there is a major problem with our priorities, and it is a damning indictment of this coach.

3 out of 4 years ncaa tournament equals basketball purgatory and you wonder why some for,er MU coaches say what entitled fans we have...I cannot fathom why they say that....truly is a mystery.  Purgatory.  LOL.

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2020, 11:57:37 PM »
Lol.  Yes, because we need to make sure athletics runs the university....my God.

Cheeks, next time your on campus talk with a few faculty.
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
- Winston S. Churchill

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2020, 12:03:21 AM »
Cheeks, next time your on campus talk with a few faculty.

Which ones...the ones that agree with you or the ones that don’t.  The 500 economists who say one thing or 500 who say another?  The law professors that support a decision or the ones that oppose the same decision? 

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2020, 12:07:50 AM »
Which ones...the ones that agree with you or the ones that don’t.  The 500 economists who say one thing or 500 who say another?  The law professors that support a decision or the ones that oppose the same decision?

Chico, take it easy this broad must be driving you insane! Maybe, you should seek some medical help.

“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
- Winston S. Churchill

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2020, 12:09:43 AM »
3 out of 4 years ncaa tournament equals basketball purgatory and you wonder why some for,er MU coaches say what entitled fans we have...I cannot fathom why they say that....truly is a mystery.  Purgatory.  LOL.
Yes purgatory. MU is Catholic, but I wonder if you somehow got out of the mandatory THEO 1001.

Purgatory is not hell. But it’s also not heaven. We are in purgatory. And as long as we have Wojo we’ll be here for a loooooong time. At least with a coach that gives you college basketball hell you can wash your hands and move on.

Enter the second half of the first decade with Wojo and the standard of the program has become making the tournament in one the first groups on the safe side of the bubble. Just a sad sad purgatory we are experiencing.

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2020, 12:13:02 AM »
Dammit. The irrational hatred of Chicos against whatever position he takes has made him the voice of reason.

I personally have no fight in this one and find (most) of his posts fine, but dang...this thread (board) is full of people who'd be ready to quit golf because their drive on the par 4 ninth hole didn't go in the hole, ruining their chance at shooting 1-under.
Assume what I say should be in teal if it doesn't pass the smell test for you.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2020, 12:15:53 AM »
Chico, take it easy this broad must be driving you insane! Maybe, you should seek some medical help.

Lol.  Just having fun with you, but it makes me laugh when I hear things like talk to some faculty.  Sure...that’s like saying talk to someone about a politician...some like and some don’t. 

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2020, 12:17:21 AM »
Why does Chico use multiple IDs to make posts? Anyone find this to be strange?
- Winston S. Churchill

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2020, 12:20:36 AM »
Yes purgatory. MU is Catholic, but I wonder if you somehow got out of the mandatory THEO 1001.

Purgatory is not hell. But it’s also not heaven. We are in purgatory. And as long as we have Wojo we’ll be here for a loooooong time. At least with a coach that gives you college basketball hell you can wash your hands and move on.

Enter the second half of the first decade with Wojo and the standard of the program has become making the tournament in one the first groups on the safe side of the bubble. Just a sad sad purgatory we are experiencing.

17 years of Catholic school warped me just fine.   I think people change definitions around here of words way to easily to fit their POV.  But let’s use the purgatory example...if I recall it is like a transitory period where one’s soul is purified before going to heaven.  Look how many coaches took a long time before getting to that next heavenly level.  Was Majerus delivering us hell at MU, but once he got out of here he delivered manna from heaven?

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2020, 12:23:23 AM »

I can assure you I'm not Chicos, if that is the implication of your post. I don't do Cali, I have strong feelings about deep dish. I pracice inhouse for a fintech. MU82 and chick  have met me and can attest as well. Hell, I'm fairly sure law school classmates of mine post here as well.

Y'all need hobbies or something. I head paddle is the things sweatervests do nowadays. For the youngins...go see a star wars or download the tiktok.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2020, 12:24:29 AM »
Dammit. The irrational hatred of Chicos against whatever position he takes has made him the voice of reason.

I personally have no fight in this one and find (most) of his posts fine, but dang...this thread (board) is full of people who'd be ready to quit golf because their drive on the par 4 ninth hole didn't go in the hole, ruining their chance at shooting 1-under.

Derangement Syndrome runs deep with some....and some of these guys have it for multiple people.  Is what it is. 

The funniest thing to me is we advance to the Sweet 16 and suddenly these guys will determine that over two games of 80 minutes he “finally learned”.  Of course this is the same group of fans that one week we beat #1 Kentucky to go to the a Final Four and the next week our coach is an idiot.   We have a bizarre fan base.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2020, 12:24:51 AM »

I don’t

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2020, 12:26:18 AM »
I can assure you I'm not Chicos, if that is the implication of your post. I don't do Cali, I have strong feelings about deep dish. I pracice inhouse for a fintech. MU82 and chick  have met me and can attest as well. Hell, I'm fairly sure law school classmates of mine post here as well.

Y'all need hobbies or something. I head paddle is the things sweatervests do nowadays. For the youngins...go see a star wars or download the tiktok.

Mu82 give you some coaching tips? 

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2020, 12:27:22 AM »

Sorry Jake, I wasn’t implying that you where Chico. It was just a general question. Just wondering why Chico had multiple IDs.
- Winston S. Churchill

5DollarPitcher

• All American
« Reply #143 on: February 25, 2020, 12:29:29 AM »

17 years of Catholic school warped me just fine.   I think people change definitions around here of words way to easily to fit their POV.  But let’s use the purgatory example...if I recall it is like a transitory period where one’s soul is purified before going to heaven.  Look how many coaches took a long time before getting to that next heavenly level.  Was Majerus delivering us hell at MU, but once he got out of here he delivered manna from heaven?
My goal was not to get into the semantics of the Roman Catholic definition of purgatory on a college basketball message board, but here we are - congratulations.

I simply meant it as between heaven and hell. Although your definition is, I suppose, technically correct.

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #144 on: February 25, 2020, 12:32:10 AM »
My goal was not to get into the semantics of the Roman Catholic definition of purgatory on a college basketball message board, but here we are - congratulations.

I simply meant it as between heaven and hell. Although your definition is, I suppose, technically correct.

5Dollar, I understand your post! Chico, has some kind of problem.
- Winston S. Churchill

JakeBarnes

• All American
« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2020, 12:33:21 AM »
Mu82 give you some coaching tips?

"Stick to golf"

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2020, 12:34:19 AM »
Sorry Jake, I wasn’t implying that you where Chico. It was just a general question. Just wondering why Chico had multiple IDs.

I don’t

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2020, 12:37:08 AM »
5Dollar, I understand your post! Chico, has some kind of problem.

Your posts since day one have been bizarre....did Wojo steal your girlfriend or something?

curbina

• Starter
« Reply #148 on: February 25, 2020, 12:37:50 AM »
I don’t

Multiple IDs with same IP and MAC Address. Explain that!

- Winston S. Churchill

Goose

• All American
« Reply #149 on: February 25, 2020, 04:54:23 AM »
Cheeks

I am not sure if you were serving one of your bans from Scoop last season or not but I was not excited with our top ten ranking last winter. I pointed out many times that it was fools gold and was proven right.