[Today at 02:48:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: NCAA Sleeper teams....MU #3  (Read 7679 times)

GoldenDieners32

• All American
Re: NCAA Sleeper teams....MU #3
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2020, 09:15:24 AM »
Beat Creighton and we're peaking at the right time. Like the L sinking in during space/drums. #standupforspace
I think there's a chance we could win out the regular season

SERocks

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2020, 09:50:57 AM »

This could happen if Markus goes Kemba.  If that happens I would think a final four is not out of the question.

Probably won't.

swoopem

• All American
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2020, 11:16:24 AM »
Beat Creighton and we're peaking at the right time. Like the L sinking in during space/drums. #standupforspace

Beat Creighton and we’re soaring. Like a China>Rider opener
Bring back FFP!!!

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2020, 11:33:18 AM »

I think every game from here on out is winnable, so in that sense, I agree. That said, I think it's highly unlikely. I expect 1-2 more losses, and 3-4 wouldn't shock me.

This year in particular I think it matters less than others as far as odds of making a deep run. I prefer the 4 or 6 lines because I hate 5/12 games, but after that, I don't think there's a ton of difference between the 3 and 6 lines from a team quality perspective, and you still likely have to beat a 2 and a 1 to get to the Final Four, the only difference seeding makes is which order you see them in. This isn't a year where you have overwhelming 1-seeds you want to avoid at all costs, and it may actually be better to see a team like SDSU that hasn't faced stiff competition in a long time sooner rather than later.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2020, 11:51:36 AM »
I think every game from here on out is winnable, so in that sense, I agree. That said, I think it's highly unlikely. I expect 1-2 more losses, and 3-4 wouldn't shock me.

This year in particular I think it matters less than others as far as odds of making a deep run. I prefer the 4 or 6 lines because I hate 5/12 games, but after that, I don't think there's a ton of difference between the 3 and 6 lines from a team quality perspective, and you still likely have to beat a 2 and a 1 to get to the Final Four, the only difference seeding makes is which order you see them in. This isn't a year where you have overwhelming 1-seeds you want to avoid at all costs, and it may actually be better to see a team like SDSU that hasn't faced stiff competition in a long time sooner rather than later.

If the basketball gods are reading this thread(and why wouldn't they be??  :P). I ask of you two things please...This year in Markus Howard's Senior year, PLEASE give Marquette as easy of a 1st round matchup as possible. Second, please see to it, that there is chaos in their bracket, so it works out that Marquette is playing the lowest possible seed in their 2nd round game. Something like a 13-16 seed would be fantastic! Thank you basketball gods for reading this thread, and considering my request.  8-)

“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

4everwarriors

• All American
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2020, 12:11:05 PM »
Signed da Tooth Fairy and da Easter Bunny, aina?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2020, 02:55:05 PM »
Signed da Tooth Fairy and da Easter Bunny, aina?

Nah, brew is god.  Just ask him, he'll tell you.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2020, 03:03:57 PM »
Sitting here today, I think this group has better chance to make some noise in March than I felt last year at this time. This group is playing good D, rebounding well and seems like multiple guys are stepping up when needed.
Plus college ball is down as a whole and only a few teams that stand out. Lastly, it seems like scoring points is lost art at the college level this season and MU can score. I would be more surprised with a one and done than us playing the second weekend this year.

Interesting thought, Goose. A year ago, Markus was magical, the Hausers were turning in some huge games, Sacar and Theo were contributing a lot, we were in the top-10 nationally and we were about 10 weeks into a 12-week stretch during which we went 20-2.

I felt DAMN good about our chances last year at this time.

Having said that, I also feel good about our chances now for many of the reasons you (and others) state. We're a good team that can get on a nice roll hitting 3s but also can gut out more ugly wins.

We Are Marquette!

“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2020, 03:16:22 PM »
If the basketball gods are reading this thread(and why wouldn't they be??  :P). I ask of you two things please...This year in Markus Howard's Senior year, PLEASE give Marquette as easy of a 1st round matchup as possible. Second, please see to it, that there is chaos in their bracket, so it works out that Marquette is playing the lowest possible seed in their 2nd round game. Something like a 13-16 seed would be fantastic! Thank you basketball gods for reading this thread, and considering my request.  8-)
How about we just play well and beat the best instead of hoping to play the low seeds ☻

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2020, 04:56:40 PM »

Why? Wade didn't need that. 14, 6, 2, 1 all the way to the Final Four.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2020, 06:08:37 PM »
There’s a chance we could win out.......there’s a chance you could win the lottery.......I wouldn’t bet on either.

Just try to beat Creighton and go from there. They are playing great with recent road wins over. Nova and the Hall.

Tough matchup for us.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2020, 09:21:28 PM »
Nah, brew is god.  Just ask him, he'll tell you.

Not possible, I exist.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

BallBoy

• All American
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2020, 09:50:24 PM »

If MU made a deep run then the Wojo can’t win a post season game would end. Blessing.

If your scenario played out the Wojo can’t win against a team seeded higher than him would start. Curse.