Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 10:48:14 PM]

2024 Transfer Portal by MuMark
[Today at 10:13:14 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by tower912
[Today at 08:53:54 PM]

Banquet by tower912
[Today at 07:39:53 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[Today at 04:23:26 PM]

[New to PT] Big East Roster Tracker by mugrad_89
[Today at 12:29:11 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: NCAA investigations cont.  (Read 96355 times)

jesmu84

• All American
Re: NCAA investigations cont.
« Reply #400 on: March 27, 2022, 07:01:22 PM »
Seems like forever.

Its been a bad look for everyone. The NCAA looks inept, KU looks like it embraces cheating and I know KU alums who are tired of the jokes because they know about and admit KU cheated. It reminds me of Arizona fans admitting no amount of wins are worth the cloud of allegations and the ultimate penalties. My KU booster friend has been ready to move on because he knows KU is way bigger than Self.

What penalties?

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #401 on: March 27, 2022, 07:15:35 PM »
Seems like forever.

Its been a bad look for everyone. The NCAA looks inept, KU looks like it embraces cheating and I know KU alums who are tired of the jokes because they know about and admit KU cheated. It reminds me of Arizona fans admitting no amount of wins are worth the cloud of allegations and the ultimate penalties. My KU booster friend has been ready to move on because he knows KU is way bigger than Self.

My guess is that your friend will be celebrating next weekend though.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #402 on: March 27, 2022, 07:36:39 PM »
Seems like forever.

So you have a Zona friend who claimed Miller didn’t win enough so he was fine with him leaving.  And now a KU fan who is ready to move on from the coach with the best winning percentage in school history cause of jokes? Like Fluffy said, I’m sure he has ZERO problem cheering this run.  He was probably just bitter it had been 3 seasons since a second weekend appearance

Or there is some light dishonesty masquerading as morality

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #403 on: March 27, 2022, 10:34:37 PM »
So you have a Zona friend who claimed Miller didn’t win enough so he was fine with him leaving.  And now a KU fan who is ready to move on from the coach with the best winning percentage in school history cause of jokes? Like Fluffy said, I’m sure he has ZERO problem cheering this run.  He was probably just bitter it had been 3 seasons since a second weekend appearance

Or there is some light dishonesty masquerading as morality
Not sure what you mean or why I'd have any reason to be dishonest. First, there has been national news stories about AZ and KU. I have never claimed to know more than has been reported. I have not started any rumors only gave my personal experiences with alum I know. Second, I live in the west so I have met, done business with and befriended many alumni for many schools including AZ and KU. We talk basketball because I enjoy it and they like or are interested in MU. My AZ friend is not a booster, my KU friend is a booster. They have never told me anything that is not already common knowledge. (I have a standing offer from my business partners who are major boosters to use 4 courtside seats at Rupp Arena yet I don't have any comments on UK)

If I have claimed anything that is faux morality, it is my fault to not be clear in simply giving other perspectives.

Finally, anyone one can claim anything they want on an internet fan board, so I would not take my posts or anyone's as gospel. I think it's great of you to have a healthy skepticism about anything I post. 

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #404 on: March 28, 2022, 12:31:01 AM »
Not sure what you mean or why I'd have any reason to be dishonest. First, there has been national news stories about AZ and KU. I have never claimed to know more than has been reported. I have not started any rumors only gave my personal experiences with alum I know. Second, I live in the west so I have met, done business with and befriended many alumni for many schools including AZ and KU. We talk basketball because I enjoy it and they like or are interested in MU. My AZ friend is not a booster, my KU friend is a booster. They have never told me anything that is not already common knowledge. (I have a standing offer from my business partners who are major boosters to use 4 courtside seats at Rupp Arena yet I don't have any comments on UK)

If I have claimed anything that is faux morality, it is my fault to not be clear in simply giving other perspectives.

Finally, anyone one can claim anything they want on an internet fan board, so I would not take my posts or anyone's as gospel. I think it's great of you to have a healthy skepticism about anything I post.

First off my apologies, you misinterpreted my post and reading back I can see how that may have occurred.  I wasn’t meaning to imply you were being dishonest or making up such stories.  I just found it interesting that there was an alum who was over a disgraced fired coach in Miller but claimed it for on the court reasons and then a KU supporter, a booster no less, who thought ridicule was as too much superseded success and wins, though Self has been doing it for years and years.

Their stances seem a bit dishonest in favor of an outwardly moral/pious appearance.  That’s all.  I know you’re just the messenger

Viper

• All American
« Reply #405 on: March 28, 2022, 06:57:12 AM »
Kansas hoops is no doubt corruption-city. Arizona basketball needs to be put down too. Cheating goes back to Lute. Fan base is in denial. Walmart Wildcats.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #406 on: March 28, 2022, 07:14:33 AM »
Titles are forever
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #407 on: March 28, 2022, 08:33:08 AM »
Titles are forever

Was going to upvote this but then I realized I misread the first word.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #408 on: March 28, 2022, 09:12:57 AM »
When do Kansas’s penalties come down?

Wichita State will get penalized for something instead.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #409 on: April 01, 2022, 06:45:06 PM »
My apologies if posted elsewhere, but saw today that LSU has now lost their entire roster plus every recruit from 22 and 23.

I think that's now the definition of bare cupboard

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #410 on: April 01, 2022, 06:51:33 PM »
Wichita State employed Greg Marshall and paid him $8M to go away, they deserve it...

Wichita State will get penalized for something instead.

Newsdreams

• All American
  • Goal - Win BE
« Reply #411 on: April 03, 2022, 04:43:38 PM »
Summer 2030
St. Peter's will get the hammer
Goal is National Championship

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #412 on: April 04, 2022, 10:48:32 PM »
Cheaters never prosper?

Still waiting on all those punishments and sanctions some on this board said were coming. Summer of 2020, was it?

MU82

• All American
« Reply #413 on: April 04, 2022, 10:51:04 PM »
As Mark Grace (and others) said: "It you're not cheating, you're not trying."
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #414 on: April 05, 2022, 09:02:37 AM »
Has a defending NCAA Tournament champion ever been ineligible for the next year's NCAA Tournament?
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Viper

• All American
« Reply #415 on: April 05, 2022, 10:16:01 AM »
Has a defending NCAA Tournament champion ever been ineligible for the next year's NCAA Tournament?
I don’t know the answer to that, but I sure hope the ncaa has penalties handed down by the start of next season. Bill Self is a special kind of terd.

• All American
« Reply #416 on: April 05, 2022, 10:20:43 AM »
I don’t know the answer to that, but I sure hope the ncaa has penalties handed down by the start of next season. Bill Self is a special kind of terd.

Kansas shouldn't be penalized.  No one should be penalized for giving recruits money.  It should be completely within the rules to do so.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #417 on: April 05, 2022, 10:23:23 AM »

Kansas shouldn't be penalized.  No one should be penalized for giving recruits money.  It should be completely within the rules to do so.
Yes. And throw all of donors and the recruits who received money in jail for tax evasion

mugrad_89

• All American
« Reply #418 on: April 05, 2022, 10:47:29 AM »

The five level 1 allegations Kansas is charged with beg to differ.

jesmu84

• All American
« Reply #419 on: April 05, 2022, 10:53:34 AM »

Regardless of what "should be", they should face repercussions if they broke rules when the rules were in place.

• All American
« Reply #420 on: April 05, 2022, 11:01:18 AM »
Regardless of what "should be", they should face repercussions if they broke rules when the rules were in place.

I'm not a rules for the sake of rules guy.  Unjust rules should not be enforced.

Viper

• All American
« Reply #421 on: April 05, 2022, 11:20:19 AM »

I'm not a rules for the sake of rules guy.  Unjust rules should not be enforced.
honest coaches get fired every year losing to coaches who cheat….as correctly said a few years back by John Thompson. 

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #422 on: April 05, 2022, 11:22:50 AM »
Titles are forever, the NCAA won’t be
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

• All American
« Reply #423 on: April 05, 2022, 11:24:42 AM »
honest coaches get fired every year losing to coaches who cheat….as correctly said a few years back by John Thompson. 

They should have been better coaches then.

Pakuni

• All American
« Reply #424 on: April 05, 2022, 11:26:45 AM »

I'm fine with paying players, but college sports doesn't survive in any recognizable form without some rules governing compensation and how it's administered.

feedback