[Today at 02:25:05 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by MU82
[Today at 02:17:00 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Shooter McGavin
[Today at 11:32:50 AM]

Crean vs Buzz vs Wojo vs Shaka by dgies9156
[Today at 09:15:48 AM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")  (Read 1111125 times)

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
Re: COVID-19 (f/k/a "the Coronavirus")
« Reply #7850 on: August 04, 2020, 08:40:00 PM »
More info on cheap tests that can detect when you have high amounts of virus present and the barriers. 

https://harvardmagazine.com/2020/08/covid-19-test-for-public-health

Babybluejeans

• Team Captain
« Reply #7851 on: August 04, 2020, 08:43:49 PM »
It's not that we learned that he's breathtakingly stupid enough to say the things he said... It's that he's stupid enough to have agreed to that interview to say the things he said. Unless this is a coup from within, Trump should be on his next campaign manager already.

Adding the Veep credits makes it so perfect. https://mobile.twitter.com/brendanmc84/status/1290553066001965056

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #7852 on: August 04, 2020, 09:06:15 PM »

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #7853 on: August 04, 2020, 11:05:09 PM »

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #7854 on: August 05, 2020, 06:01:44 AM »
It’s about time the states move on. Seems like good leadership from Hogan to cobble together a consortium

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-08-04/governors-form-bipartisan-pact-to-buy-millions-of-virus-tests

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #7855 on: August 05, 2020, 08:53:33 AM »
It's that he's stupid enough to have agreed to that interview to say the things he said.

Nah.  I don't think Trump's level of discourse was any different with Swan than any of the other interviews he's done.   

Trump wants interviewers who sound contemptuous, and Swan delivered.   He lost zero votes, his base walks away thinking the media is the enemy.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #7856 on: August 05, 2020, 08:56:59 AM »
Nah.  I don't think Trump's level of discourse was any different with Swan than any of the other interviews he's done.   

Trump wants interviewers who sound contemptuous, and Swan delivered.   He lost zero votes, his base walks away thinking the media is the enemy.

It helps that he's foreign so it comes off as a foreign person unfairly attacking trump and what America stands for.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #7857 on: August 05, 2020, 08:59:29 AM »

I'm agree with your conclusion, but this isn't 3D chess.  35% doesnt isn't who you need to convince you are on this -- IMO it hurt him with those not in that group that want a plan to control the virus.

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #7858 on: August 05, 2020, 09:09:46 AM »
I'm agree with your conclusion, but this isn't 3D chess.  35% doesnt isn't who you need to convince you are on this -- IMO it hurt him with those not in that group that want a plan to control the virus.

It's his biggest political flaw:  not recognizing that he owns the 35% and then working to attract another 16%.  He's so programmed to appease those who love him unconditionally that he's unwilling to try and find middle ground with right leaning centrists. 
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7859 on: August 05, 2020, 11:29:22 AM »

There supposedly are undecided voters. Not sure what they are waiting for, what they don't understand about these two candidates who have been highly public figures for decades and decades, but supposedly there are still votes to be had.

And if there are votes to be had, maybe a couple of them were moved by: "They are dying. That's true. It is what it is"?

Not sure why his people keep putting him in position to embarrass himself, especially when it comes to the pandemic.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

GB Warrior

• All American
« Reply #7860 on: August 05, 2020, 01:11:55 PM »
There supposedly are undecided voters. Not sure what they are waiting for, what they don't understand about these two candidates who have been highly public figures for decades and decades, but supposedly there are still votes to be had.

And if there are votes to be had, maybe a couple of them were moved by: "They are dying. That's true. It is what it is"?

Not sure why his people keep putting him in position to embarrass himself, especially when it comes to the pandemic.

Maybe it's so he could sway them with his poetic remembrances of John Lewis

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7861 on: August 05, 2020, 10:38:28 PM »

Made me chuckle.

Limbaugh yesterday said he has to stop doing these interviews, he has nothing to gain from them.

\\

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #7862 on: August 06, 2020, 08:12:47 AM »
Noah's Ark shut down this past weekend due to two employees testing positive, and has decided to just shut down for the year.

Oh, and their general manager was fired for being...well...you can guess.

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/noahs-ark-gm-fired-following-e-mail-about-phantom-china-virus
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
« Reply #7863 on: August 06, 2020, 08:21:43 AM »
Noah's Ark shut down this past weekend due to two employees testing positive, and has decided to just shut down for the year.

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news/noahs-ark-gm-fired-following-e-mail-about-phantom-china-virus

I assume I'm not the only one to see the irony. Noah's Ark unable to escape the flood....

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #7864 on: August 06, 2020, 09:39:56 AM »
Voters in Tennessee who fear Corona have two choices after ruling by Tennessee Supreme Court.

Vote in person or don’t vote.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #7865 on: August 06, 2020, 11:21:57 AM »
Not new per-se but some proof on what has been speculated (asymptomatic has high viral loads without symptoms)

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/06/health/coronavirus-asymptomatic-transmission.html

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #7866 on: August 06, 2020, 11:22:53 AM »
The only thing Trump knows is that Lewis didn't come to his inauguration. The man is the world's greatest at holding petty grudges:

Swan:  John Lewis is lying in state in the U.S. Capitol. How do you think history will remember John Lewis?

Trump: I don’t know. I really don’t know. I don’t know. I don’t know John Lewis. He chose not to come to my inauguration. He chose… I never met John Lewis, actually, I don’t believe.

Swan: Do you find him impressive?

Trump: I can’t say one or the other. I find a lot of people impressive. I find many people not impressive. But no, but I didn’t go-

Swan: Do you find his story impressive?

Trump: He didn’t come to my inauguration. He didn’t come to my State of the Union speeches, and that’s okay. That’s his right.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 03:55:01 PM by TSmith34 »
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #7867 on: August 06, 2020, 11:31:28 AM »
The only thing Trump knows is that Lewis didn't come to his inauguration. The man is the world's greatest at holding petty grudges...

This has nothing to do with the Coronavirus - take it somewhere else.

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #7868 on: August 06, 2020, 11:38:16 AM »
This has nothing to do with the Coronavirus - take it somewhere else.

Quite true

It does, however, give an example of how he treats others - including US citizens who are in danger of catching Covid. He doesn’t care if you catch it or if I catch it. Furthermore he will not take the necessary steps to protect us.

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #7869 on: August 06, 2020, 11:47:56 AM »
Quite true

It does, however, give an example of how he treats others - including US citizens who are in danger of catching Covid. He doesn’t care if you catch it or if I catch it. Furthermore he will not take the necessary steps to protect us.

If we are interpreting posts based on things that weren't said by the poster, I can take a shot too.

Your post = "I want to talk about my dislike for the president everywhere"

Well that wasn't as satisfying as I expected.  So why dont we get back to COVID instead.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #7870 on: August 06, 2020, 11:52:10 AM »

Given that seemingly 80% of the guests at Noah’s Ark are either overweight or chain smokers, aka significant risk factors, this is probably wise

Frenns Liquor Depot

• All American
« Reply #7871 on: August 06, 2020, 11:57:56 AM »
Given that seemingly 80% of the guests at Noah’s Ark are either overweight or chain smokers, aka significant risk factors, this is probably wise

You just gave me an investment idea - Short Sizzler & Old Country Buffet

Jockey

• All American
« Reply #7872 on: August 06, 2020, 12:12:26 PM »
If we are interpreting posts based on things that weren't said by the poster, I can take a shot too.

Your post = "I want to talk about my dislike for the president everywhere"

Well that wasn't as satisfying as I expected.  So why dont we get back to COVID instead.

Good idea.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #7873 on: August 06, 2020, 01:00:26 PM »
Ohio governor Mike DeWine tests positive just before he was supposed to meet with the emperor.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/06/world/coronavirus-covid-19.html?campaign_id=60&emc=edit_na_20200806&instance_id=0&nl=breaking-news&ref=headline&regi_id=108420427&segment_id=35439&user_id=d36dcf821462fdd16ec3636710a855fa

He had just held a news conference begging Ohioans to respect how insidious the coronavirus is, warning that the people who are most at risk are often loved ones.

In one case, a churchgoer who attended a service while he was sick helped spread the virus to 91 other people spanning five counties. In another, a son brushed off symptoms while holding a vigil for his dying father, and five relatives later tested positive. In another case, at least 15 people were sickened after a man with symptoms attended his brother’s wedding. The bride and groom were among those who fell ill.

“Just because it’s your family, just because it’s your friends, they could still be carrying the virus,” DeWine said Tuesday. “Choosing to not gather for parties or barbecues might feel like you’re not being friendly, but it really is a sign of friendship.”

tower912

• All American
« Reply #7874 on: August 06, 2020, 07:56:49 PM »
For those not following the Michigan thread, my department currently has 5 members who have tested positive and 22 in quarantine.    Stemming from a wedding reception for one of our firefighters.

I thought it was impossible for me to hold the COVID deniers in more contempt than I did 48 hours ago.  I was wrong.
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.