'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Fire Wojo signs in the dorms  (Read 52277 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Fire Wojo signs in the dorms
« Reply #325 on: February 13, 2020, 08:52:05 AM »
I am not sure why it was necessary to give some assclown student with a can of spray paint 1000x the exposure he would have otherwise had.

Fair point, but perhaps it is a teachable moment for them if it gets back to them how silly they are being.

I mean literally that thing was up last night as MU is ready to play Nova with both teams nationally ranked....if they are going to be so brazen in their approach, magnify it so others can give them the feedback they should garner.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #326 on: February 13, 2020, 09:10:22 AM »
I am not sure why it was necessary to give some assclown student with a can of spray paint 1000x the exposure he would have otherwise had.

I took this as more of a joke than a critique of Wojo. What makes you think this is a jab at Wojo?

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #327 on: February 13, 2020, 09:52:24 AM »
I took this as more of a joke than a critique of Wojo. What makes you think this is a jab at Wojo?

Oh, I think it was a jab, playing into the criticism that he has no game plans other than to shoot the ball into the basket.
Have some patience, FFS.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #328 on: February 13, 2020, 09:56:12 AM »
Some sweatervests on an online forum sure are getting their underpants in a bunch over a couple college students having some drunk fun.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #329 on: February 13, 2020, 10:19:46 AM »
Some sweatervests on an online forum sure are getting their underpants in a bunch over a couple college students having some drunk fun.

Gee, Unleash, I thought we were friends.  :'(

Have some patience, FFS.

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #330 on: February 13, 2020, 01:23:27 PM »
It would’ve actually been a pretty good joke if the stick figure was wearing a “0” jersey.  Regardless, that’s what I took the sign as:  A joke.  Some folks need to lighten up and not get so offended when their unicorn is poked fun at.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 02:43:15 PM by Silent Verbal »

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #331 on: February 13, 2020, 01:41:40 PM »
I was pretty optimistic about Gen Z, but perhaps I need to temper my enthusiasm.
Dont generalize us thanks pal

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #332 on: February 13, 2020, 02:05:37 PM »
Lavall Jordan got T'd up going into halftime of the game....if Markus hits both of the FTs to start the 2nd half, MU wins the game.

There was still an entire half of basketball left.  If he hits them perhaps MU plays differently or Butler plays differently. Two first half free throws didn't materially change the outcome of the game with 20 more minutes left.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #333 on: February 13, 2020, 03:45:16 PM »

It was definitely a jab.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #334 on: February 13, 2020, 03:47:42 PM »

Nojos see no problem in it, of course. 

I would have preferred if they just had a Verdict Is In banner.

Own zero sweatervests

RocketRodGrosse

• Walk-On
« Reply #335 on: February 13, 2020, 07:45:30 PM »
Maybe they should call the players “choking dogs.” Cheeks is ok with that

The Lens

• All American
« Reply #336 on: February 13, 2020, 07:58:25 PM »
Pretty cool if you ask me.  Wojo's first banner!
The Teal Train has left the station and Lens is day drinking in the bar car.    ---- Dr. Blackheart

History is so valuable if you have the humility to learn from it.    ---- Shaka Smart

Lennys Tap

• All American
« Reply #337 on: February 13, 2020, 08:32:21 PM »
Nojos see no problem in it, of course. 

I would have preferred if they just had a Verdict Is In banner.

Own zero sweatervests

Not owning a sweater vest doesn’t mean you aren’t one.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #338 on: February 13, 2020, 08:56:52 PM »
Was really hoping that someone on here also lived in Renee 221 so we could talk about how they don't deserve to live at that place...
Maigh Eo for Sam

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #339 on: February 13, 2020, 10:27:49 PM »
Not owning a sweater vest doesn’t mean you aren’t one.

True....the verdict is in

Dr. Blackheart

• All American

🏀

• All American

war1980rior

• Team Captain
« Reply #342 on: February 14, 2020, 10:06:18 AM »
I think Chick characterized most of our frustrations well, but Gen Z is getting replaced by "iGen?"  I am currently working on a deal with a local University and the Bursar told me their Provost has the staff reading a book about the iGen.  According to him, Rocky's Gen Z kids look like the Greatest Generation in comparison.  Pampered, poor communicators (unless it's social media), etc.  I've got to get a copy of the book to read it.

My kids are split.  One Millennial and one Z Gen (I think).  Both act more like Baby Boomers, but I like them anyway.

If MU hit a third of their open shots in the beginning of the Nova game, it would have been a significantly different game.  I think Nova is the 4th-5th team in the league.  The Hall is very strong, and Creighton can be scary good at times.  I look forward to seeing MU go up against either Butler or Nova in the BEast Tournament.

PS:  If the kid that put up that poor excuse of a sheet is iGen, he's already sent a text to Mommy saying he needs new sheets because the dry cleaners ruined this one after the housecleaners sent it in.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #343 on: February 14, 2020, 10:08:44 AM »
Gen Z is the same as iGen.

And any resource that starts out by calling them pampered and poor communicators probably needs to be discounted.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #344 on: February 14, 2020, 06:38:44 PM »
Gen Z is the same as iGen.

And any resource that starts out by calling them pampered and poor communicators probably needs to be discounted.

I have an iGen in the house....the list of characteristics is pretty spot on in general terms.

Dr. Twenge lists several characteristics of iGen’ers that differentiate them (iGen) from their parents and older siblings. A partial list that follows shows that iGen’ers typically are:

• much more tolerant of others, different races and cultures, sexual orientations;
  • more cautious and averse to taking risks;
  • growing up more slowly, not wanting to stay home alone, manage their own money, etc.;
  • aware and concerned about an economy shaped by income inequality;
  • less likely to drink alcohol or take drugs in high school;
  • less likely to attend church;
  • more likely to think for themselves and not believe authority figures in church or government;
  • delaying having serious romantic relationships;
  • experiencing fewer teen pregnancies;
  • spending less time in shopping malls;
  • less likely to go see a movie;
  • not inclined as much to run away
  • not all that interested in getting a driver’s license right away (one of four iGen’ers do not have a license by the time they graduate from high school);
  • less interested in face-to-face contact with others, preferring instead to connect via smartphones;
  • less interested in reading books, magazines or newspapers;
  • spending more time playing computer games
  • less experienced in having an after-school or summer job and earning money while in high school;
  • feeling more depressed than those in prior generations;
  • feeling lonely and not needed;
  • susceptible to higher suicide rates;
  • more supervised and protected while growing up;
  • spending enormous amounts of time using social media and smart phones; sometimes well into the early hours of the morning; and,
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 06:45:08 PM by Cheeks »

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #345 on: February 14, 2020, 06:43:30 PM »
I have an iGen in the house....the list of characteristics is pretty spot on in general terms.

Dr. Twenge lists several characteristics of iGen’ers that differentiate them (iGen) from their parents and older siblings. A partial list that follows shows that iGen’ers typically are:

• much more tolerant of others, different races and cultures, sexual orientations;
  • more cautious and averse to taking risks;
  • growing up more slowly, not wanting to stay home alone, manage their own money, etc.;
  • aware and concerned about an economy shaped by income inequality;
  • less likely to drink alcohol or take drugs in high school;
  • less likely to attend church;
  • more likely to think for themselves and not believe authority figures in church or government;
  • delaying having serious romantic relationships;
  • experiencing fewer teen pregnancies;
  • spending less time in shopping malls;
  • less likely to go see a movie;
  • not inclined as much to run away
  • not all that interested in getting a driver’s license right away (one of four iGen’ers do not have a license by the time they graduate from high school);
  • less interested in face-to-face contact with others, preferring instead to connect via smartphones;
  • less interested in reading books, magazines or newspapers;
  • spending more time playing computer games
  • less experienced in having an after-school or summer job and earning money while in high school;
  • feeling more depressed than those in prior generations;
  • feeling lonely and not needed;
  • susceptible to higher suicide rates;
  • more supervised and protected while growing up;
  • spending enormous amounts of time using social media and smart phones; sometimes well into the early hours of the morning; and,
  • more conservative politically and less interested in identifying with a political party. (18- to 29-year-old voters are now a larger percentage of all voters than those over 65.)

Reported for politics
Maigh Eo for Sam

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #346 on: February 14, 2020, 06:44:32 PM »
Reported for politics

????  It is a cut and paste from here.  https://armyandnavyacademy.org/blog/just-who-is-the-igen-generation-and-how-are-they-different/

EDIT:  Ahh...I see the part that triggered you.  I will delete that line.

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #347 on: February 14, 2020, 06:46:59 PM »
????  It is a cut and paste from here.  https://armyandnavyacademy.org/blog/just-who-is-the-igen-generation-and-how-are-they-different/

EDIT:  Ahh...I see the part that triggered you.  I will delete that line.

Sadly with you I assume you include those lines to push buttons and push the envelope on here.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #348 on: February 14, 2020, 06:49:03 PM »
Sadly with you I assume you include those lines to push buttons and push the envelope on here.

I provided the article and the traits from the good doctor...it was a straight copy and paste, nothing more. 

"At the end of her iGEN book, Dr. Twenge writes that iGen’ers “are scared, maybe even terrified. Growing up slowly, raised to value safety and frightened by the implications of income inequality, they have come to adolescence in a time when their primary social activity is staring at a small rectangular screen that can like them or reject them. The devices they hold in their hands have both extended their childhoods and isolated them from true human interaction. As a result, they are both the physically safest generation and most mentally fragile…If they can shake themselves free of the constant clutch of their phones and shrug off the heavy cloak of their fear, they can still fly. And the rest of us will be there, cheering them on.”
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 06:50:42 PM by Cheeks »

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #349 on: February 14, 2020, 07:46:16 PM »
  • More likely to put up signs in their dorm room demanding the school fire the coach of their 2nd place team.
  • More likely to spray paint bed sheets and hang them outside their independent living apartments which publicly belittles their coach in bullet point 1.

feedback