[Today at 02:48:12 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by tower912
[Today at 02:40:05 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by TAMU, Knower of Ball
[Today at 02:24:16 PM]

Dallas bars tonite by Jay Bee
[Today at 02:05:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Fire Wojo signs in the dorms  (Read 52236 times)

Bo Ryan's Massage Therapist

• Team Captain
“If a player leaves Marquette and doesn’t have some of my blood in him, then I don’t think I’ve done a good job.”  Al McGuire

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Fire Wojo signs in the dorms
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2020, 05:52:38 PM »
Very cool.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
  • "Seat belts On! We're Going For A Ride!"
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 06:00:36 PM »
Only a few years late, but it's about time.  The pressure begins to mount.....

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2020, 06:09:01 PM »
Great news!!!

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 06:11:10 PM »
Man...that's pretty harsh.  I'm not even a ProJo, but feel that is classless.  One thing to post frustration on Scoop, as certainly Wojo can avoid reading this board - but to have that hung on campus?

End of the day, right now we are 30 in the country.  I tend to feel 30ish will be the ceiling for Wojo as a coach, but if he can keep it there, get us to an occasional Sweet 16, thats good enough for me.

However, this staff may be able to recruit well enough that Wojo's mediocre in-game coaching can be overcome.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2020, 06:13:53 PM »
Man...that's pretty harsh.  I'm not even a ProJo, but feel that is classless.  One thing to post frustration on Scoop, as certainly Wojo can avoid reading this board - but to have that hung on campus?

End of the day, right now we are 30 in the country.  I tend to feel 30ish will be the ceiling for Wojo as a coach, but if he can keep it there, get us to an occasional Sweet 16, thats good enough for me.

However, this staff may be able to recruit well enough that Wojo's mediocre in-game coaching can be overcome.

This is the way it's going to have to be...I've said it before, he needs enough talent where he can essentially just have them "roll the ball out and play" and let their talent take over.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2020, 06:16:19 PM »

GROSS. Happy with 6-8 seeds and an occasional S16 when we have the facilities, budget, history, and conference we do? When our previous coach made 3 consecutive S16s. That sort of complacency kills programs. Year 6 of maddening inconsistency and no tournament wins, what’s occasional S16 then? Once a decade?

And Wojo has shown himself to be a good recruiter. But you need to string together multiple Top 10 classes to dream of tournament success with a “roll the ball out” coach.

I’m not suggesting Wojo he fired immediately, but justifying performances like last night away with that kind of perspective is cringey

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2020, 06:18:18 PM »

Where do you get a sweet 16 from?  We haven't even competed in a round 1 game yet. 

After 6 years of recruiting and getting the top scorer in the nation, MU still can't get it to pay dividends.  What makes you think recruiting is going to change things?

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2020, 06:26:38 PM »
GROSS. Happy with 6-8 seeds and an occasional S16 when we have the facilities, budget, history, and conference we do? When our previous coach made 3 consecutive S16s. That sort of complacency kills programs. Year 6 of maddening inconsistency and no tournament wins, what’s occasional S16 then? Once a decade?

And Wojo has shown himself to be a good recruiter. But you need to string together multiple Top 10 classes to dream of tournament success with a “roll the ball out” coach.

I’m not suggesting Wojo he fired immediately, but justifying performances like last night away with that kind of perspective is cringey

Totally fair.  I definitely would like to see us do better as the previous two coaches showed us what is possible.   Guess I've finally just made peace with the fact that Wojo is a mediocre bench coach at best, and have dialed down expectations. 

Now if we implode again this season, get blown out in Round 1 of NCAA...I very likely will revert to total NoJo status.

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2020, 06:37:25 PM »

Agree. I think it's lame and feeling way too entitled. 8 games into conference play at .500. Yeah, could definitely be 6-2 but it is what it is. This is more of an end of season thing to do. There's still a lot of time to see where this team will go.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2020, 06:40:11 PM »
I remember when students held up something similar during the Dukiet years. They were right.

Good for the students not settling for mediocrity. Alums could learn something from them.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2020, 06:41:16 PM »
Nothing screams rock solid thinking like that of 18-22 year olds.   
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2020, 06:42:15 PM »
Im sure you and the Mrs. are so proud.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2020, 06:42:43 PM »

I really hope some of you get what you are so entitled to.

Keep in mind one of those Sweet 16’s was a miracle / choke job...that’s how precarious it is to advance in the tournament.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2020, 06:43:53 PM »
I remember when students held up something similar during the Dukiet years. They were right.

Good for the students not settling for mediocrity. Alums could learn something from them.

Good lord...to even remotely equivocate Dukiet to Wojo for someone of your “caliber” is pathetic.  But maybe as the ultra alum big booster you are...you can make a difference.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2020, 06:45:40 PM »

+1000

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2020, 06:59:20 PM »
First Wojo gets booed at games, and now this.  There is definitely a growing unrest among the fan base.  That noise will only get louder if we fail to win a tournament game this year.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2020, 07:00:35 PM »
First Wojo gets booed at games, and now this.  There is definitely a growing unrest among the fan base.  That noise will only get louder if we fail to win a tournament game this year.

If only you could live up to your name.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2020, 07:03:35 PM »
Good lord...to even remotely equivocate Dukiet to Wojo for someone of your “caliber” is pathetic.  But maybe as the ultra alum big booster you are...you can make a difference.

Reading
Is
Fundamental
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2020, 07:04:57 PM »
Not to worry. Cheeky and Tower will go to bat for Wojo until all subversive thoughts are expunged.
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2020, 07:12:35 PM »
poor form from the 1 %’ers. Do they even know who wojo is? Maybe if some of them even went to the games...I’m as frustrated as more than most but for those of us that actually watch the games, this will take care of itself
don't...don't don't don't don't

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2020, 07:14:38 PM »

It would be quite interesting to have him leave, the class blows up and the unicorn that people think is banging down the door to come to MU fails to materialize.....but hey, the students and grumpy alums will be able to say they did it for the program. 

Maybe that would finally crystallize where we are in the pantheon for some.

MikeDeanesDarkGlasses

• All American
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2020, 07:15:57 PM »
Not to worry. Cheeky and Tower will go to bat for Wojo until all subversive thoughts are expunged.

wadesworld

• All American
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2020, 07:17:47 PM »
Would fans be happy with Mick Cronin? Because that’s who UCLA ended up with, and they’re head and shoulders the better program.
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

HutchwasClutch

• All American
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2020, 07:19:53 PM »
It would be quite interesting to have him leave, the class blows up and the unicorn that people think is banging down the door to come to MU fails to materialize.....but hey, the students and grumpy alums will be able to say they did it for the program. 

Maybe that would finally crystallize where we are in the pantheon for some.

So where we’ll have to settle is a coach who’ll forget the score every now and then?  Ok then.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2020, 07:21:38 PM by HutchwasClutch »

feedback