'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ed Morrow....chance to be in something good  (Read 34156 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Ed Morrow....chance to be in something good
« on: January 18, 2020, 03:19:11 PM »
Morrow’s departure really showed today and will the rest of the season.

Hope the young man understands his brothers and how important he can be still to this team.

Great job by Chef Johnson and Theo hanging tough with some amazingly bad calls.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Eldon

• All American
Re: Ed Morrow....chance to be in something good
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2020, 03:21:15 PM »

Hope the young man understands his brothers and how important he can be still to this team.

Nah, that's blue and gold goggles, homie.

Big ups to Johnson though.  Looked really good today.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 03:23:01 PM »
Nah, that's blue and gold goggles, homie.

Big ups to Johnson though.  Looked really good today.

Second foul on JJ was soooo bad.  The third foul on Theo was ridiculous.

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Jay Bee

• All American
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 03:23:43 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kkwiQmGWK4c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kkwiQmGWK4c</a>
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 03:26:07 PM by Jay Bee »
Thanks for ruining summer, Canada.

Goose

• All American
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2020, 03:25:20 PM »
Johnson plays his role well. He has a knack for getting offensive rebounds. He has kept a few possessions alive and led to second chance basket.

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2020, 03:28:08 PM »
How did it show?  Theo and JJ have been great the last two games without ed.  14pts and 12 boards. today, didn't look like they missed him at all frankly

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2020, 03:42:29 PM »
Johnson plays his role well. He has a knack for getting offensive rebounds. He has kept a few possessions alive and led to second chance basket.

Johnny09’s head....

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2020, 03:45:39 PM »
Completely agree.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2020, 03:48:36 PM »
How did it show?  Theo and JJ have been great the last two games without ed.  14pts and 12 boards. today, didn't look like they missed him at all frankly
JJ fouled out. Theo finished with 4 fouls. 90 more seconds we may have seen BB or JC defending man bun or Wahab. We were fortunate.

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2020, 03:51:56 PM »
Sane for GT bigs.  Theo and JJ have been great the last two games.

WhoaJoe2020

• All American
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2020, 03:53:34 PM »
JJ fouled out. Theo finished with 4 fouls. 90 more seconds we may have seen BB or JC defending man bun or Wahab. We were fortunate.

Marquette will miss Ed sooner than later.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2020, 03:55:26 PM »

who?

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2020, 04:00:47 PM »
The probability that Ed has even watched a second of either of the last 2 games is slim to none. I think the guy is long gone and the only reason it wasn’t announced that he quit was to save face on both sides.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2020, 04:04:17 PM »

You can't possibly be serious. Theo had to play Yurtseven so passively down the stretch and he was eating us up. Would have liked to have seen a double team at times to take pressure off Theo. Had Theo picked up his fifth or the game gone to OT we were in huge trouble. Ed's role may have been whatever he could do in 5-15 mins per game, but the 5 extra fouls and his toughness were a huge luxury for the team.

Theo and Jayce played well, but needing them to cover 40 minutes every game and remain healthy the rest of the year puts us on thin ice. I hope and am sure we are working on lineup without them in practice. Bound to happen at some point. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2020, 04:05:46 PM »
You can't possibly be serious. Theo had to play Yurtseven so passively down the stretch and he was eating us up. Would have liked to have seen a double team at times to take pressure off Theo. Had Theo picked up his fifth or the game gone to OT we were in huge trouble. Ed's role may have been whatever he could do in 5-15 mins per game, but the 5 extra fouls and his toughness were a huge luxury for the team.

Theo and Jayce played well, but needing them to cover 40 minutes every game and remain healthy the rest of the year puts us on thin ice. I hope and am sure we are working on lineup without them in practice. Bound to happen at some point.

Agree with this analysis

Nukem2

• All American
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2020, 04:07:29 PM »

Eldon

• All American
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2020, 04:10:38 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kkwiQmGWK4c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kkwiQmGWK4c</a>

connie

• All American
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2020, 04:16:00 PM »
I agree, but this seems to be a consistent problem
"Let's be careful out there."  Phil Esterhaus

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2020, 04:38:58 PM »

I think it leave them thin depth wise, but three bigs is too many to give regular minutes to.  I think it had a lot to do with Theo's slow start this year, and I think he will primarily benefit from Ed's departure. 
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2020, 04:43:55 PM »

I think it leave them thin depth wise, but three bigs is too many to give regular minutes to.  I think it had a lot to do with Theo's slow start this year, and I think he will primarily benefit from Ed's departure.

I agree. Hard to split minutes 3 ways for 1 position.

Warrior1969

• Team Captain
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2020, 04:45:01 PM »
well the stats the last two games don't lie.  Ed would have had zero chance against GT big

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2020, 04:53:47 PM »
well the stats the last two games don't lie.  Ed would have had zero chance against GT big

I’ll take his fouls at the very least

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2020, 04:56:31 PM »
I’ll take his fouls at the very least

Five additional fouls can be valuble.  But you can have that without someone being a rotation player.  Look at Matt last year.  Ed didn't want that role.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2020, 04:57:55 PM »
The probability that Ed has even watched a second of either of the last 2 games is slim to none. I think the guy is long gone and the only reson it wasn't announced that he QUIT was to save face on both sides.

sometimes it's best to wait and see-don't put yourself into a "cnn" moment
don't...don't don't don't don't

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2020, 04:58:34 PM »

Five additional fouls can be valuble.  But you can have that without someone being a rotation player.  Look at Matt last year.  Ed didn't want that role.

Exactly...and I’m hoping Ed Morrow reconsiders