[April 28, 2024, 09:55:19 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Ed Morrow  (Read 68565 times)

4everwarriors

• All American
Re: Ed Morrow
« Reply #200 on: January 16, 2020, 07:10:10 PM »
Hope he comes back.  Senior leadership is important, he busts his butt and is a positive force.

I’d like to see him honored on senior day like the rest of the seniors.

He gowne, hey?
"Give 'Em Hell, Al"

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #201 on: January 16, 2020, 07:11:12 PM »
Oh well. 5 fouls lost is about the biggest impact. Hope he changes his mind, but not counting on it.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

f/k/a humanlung

• All American
« Reply #202 on: January 16, 2020, 07:12:49 PM »
So the game Marquette won by 20 and crushed X on the glass, Wojo had the wrong defense all along?

I don't think that's the point of his post. 

panda

• All American

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #204 on: January 16, 2020, 07:20:41 PM »
God damn I hope it doesn't come out that Ed's brother or something died. For his sake and all of yours

Spaniel with a Short Tail

• All American
« Reply #205 on: January 16, 2020, 07:24:54 PM »
I heard he's on vacation. The guy loves to travel...

Sorry to hear about Ed. Hope he comes back to the team. But this post had me LOL so kudos to Bubba (teal unnecessary).

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #206 on: January 16, 2020, 07:29:29 PM »
You would argue with a brick

Well, you do fill the role.

There are also countless people here I never argue with....must not be bricks.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

MU82

• All American
« Reply #207 on: January 16, 2020, 07:31:11 PM »
None of us know yet why Ed left.

If he left because there is a family issue or some other serious personal problem, I hope things work out well for him and his family.

If he left because he was, essentially, recruited over and he lost his minutes to Jayce ... that's life in college sports. A coach has to always be recruiting. I am very glad Wojo brought in Jayce; after recovering from his injury and then having to get back into playing shape, he has been a solid role player in most games for us.

If he left because he hates the coach or one or more of his teammates, I'm glad he used the exit ramp because we don't need bad chemistry. Even in this scenario, I have no ill will toward the young man -- and I don't know why anybody else would, either. I hope he gets another opportunity in basketball, if that's what he wants.

Ed worked hard for the Warriors while he was here, and he was an important participant in a few of our wins, especially against Madison in December 2018. I wish him well.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MuMark

• All American
« Reply #208 on: January 16, 2020, 07:39:39 PM »
So some players have not liked Wojo and left?

Al , KO, Rick, Crean, and Buzz  all our members of that club.

I’m sure you can add Bo Ryan to that list along with virtually every other head coach at the d1 level....some guys hate the coach and stay.......and some guys love the coach.....

Mac has said he swore at  KO for 4 years......but He didn’t quit.

Best of luck to Ed.......

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
The only mystery in life is why the Kamikaze Pilots wore helmets...
            ---Al McGuire

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #211 on: January 16, 2020, 07:49:58 PM »
I don't think that's the point of his post.
Err, well, he said Wojo should play zone to "hide the bigs" and "should have played it against X". So never mind that MU won by 20, Theo and Jayce both had really good games, and MU dominated the boards...Wojo should have played zone.   ::)
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

panda

• All American
« Reply #212 on: January 16, 2020, 07:50:44 PM »
::)

He’s like a 2.0 college student trying to hit his minimum required character count with all the periods he uses.

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #213 on: January 16, 2020, 07:51:55 PM »
Well, you do fill the role.

There are also countless people here I never argue with....must not be bricks.

"The desire to be right all the time, push buttons, get the last word in, etc.  Just not good... UGH. Embarrassing."  --Jams
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #214 on: January 16, 2020, 07:52:37 PM »
So some players have not liked Wojo and left?

Al , KO, Rick, Crean, and Buzz  all our members of that club.

I’m sure you can add Bo Ryan to that list along with virtually every other head coach at the d1 level....some guys hate the coach and stay.......and some guys love the coach.....

Mac has said he swore at  KO for 4 years......but He didn’t quit.

Best of luck to Ed.......

Yep.

Buzz lost a crap-ton of transfers; as was the case with Wojo, most of them weren't consequential but a couple might have been. KO damn near suffered a mutiny when he was at Northwestern.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Marcus92

• All American
« Reply #215 on: January 16, 2020, 07:53:38 PM »
UPDATE: One of my all-time best MU buddies has a son that goes to MU now and knows many of the players. So here's the true story...he said the word all over campus is that Morrow quit the team because of the coaches and won't be coming back. No teal here - that is the inside scoop. He bailed out on the rest of the season and the potential to play in the tournament just to get away from WoJo. And that comes after wanting to transfer here so bad he sat out for a year.

So think about that...Morrow is a 5th year senior with no chance of transferring anywhere now. And yet he quit the team and gave up on any chance of playing in the tournament in his last season simply because he couldn't stand another minute of playing for WoJo. I think that's what we were all afraid of but were hoping wasn't the case. So now the reality is that 25% of last year's scholarship players walked away from a team that was projected to be in the top 5 this year solely for the reason that they didn't like playing for WoJo. 

Don't shoot the messenger here - I'm just telling you what I heard from a very reliable current student on campus.

Discuss...

(p.s. - for the record I'm a WoJo supporter)

Think about this: You're "reporting" fifth-hand information -- not from Ed, not from a player who talked to Ed, not from a student who talked to a player who talked to Ed, but from the father of a student who talked to a player who talked to Ed. All completely anonymous, of course. While there may ultimately be some truth in this, it's anything but reliable.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 07:55:41 PM by Marcus92 »
"Let's get a green drink!" Famous last words

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2020, 07:57:26 PM »
None of us know yet why Ed left.

If he left because there is a family issue or some other serious personal problem, I hope things work out well for him and his family.

If he left because he was, essentially, recruited over and he lost his minutes to Jayce ... that's life in college sports. A coach has to always be recruiting. I am very glad Wojo brought in Jayce; after recovering from his injury and then having to get back into playing shape, he has been a solid role player in most games for us.

If he left because he hates the coach or one or more of his teammates, I'm glad he used the exit ramp because we don't need bad chemistry. Even in this scenario, I have no ill will toward the young man -- and I don't know why anybody else would, either. I hope he gets another opportunity in basketball, if that's what he wants.

Ed worked hard for the Warriors while he was here, and he was an important participant in a few of our wins, especially against Madison in December 2018. I wish him well.

I mean, I think we kinda know why he left.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2020, 07:57:45 PM »
Well written research report by Mr Dodd’s

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/marquette/Article/Ed-Morrow-Jr-leaves-the-team-for-an-indefinite-period-142289142/Amp/

Thanks, Herman ... so page 9 and no one has any idea what he left for an indefinite period.

So we watch everyone cover themselves in shame either making sh!t up or trashing him.

disgusting
Western Progressives have one worldview, the correct one.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #218 on: January 16, 2020, 07:59:39 PM »
Well written research report by Mr Dodd’s

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/marquette/Article/Ed-Morrow-Jr-leaves-the-team-for-an-indefinite-period-142289142/Amp/

WTF did I just read?

That wasn’t research. Or a report. It was like a letter about an ex that you wish was still in your bed.

That was terrible. I don’t know this doods guy y’all read and talk about. But this was terrible. I... I just don’t even know.

Put the keyboard down man.

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #219 on: January 16, 2020, 07:59:59 PM »
I mean, I think we kinda know why he left.

Actually we do not.  It could be deeply personal and Wojo is covering for him.

fjm

• All American
« Reply #220 on: January 16, 2020, 08:00:28 PM »
Please also put me in the camp of I hope Morrow comes back. And I hope he is ok. And I hope his family isn’t involved.

I also hope if there is a problem, he is able to look past it for a few more months and get his degree etc.

• All American
« Reply #221 on: January 16, 2020, 08:00:47 PM »
Thanks, Herman ... so page 9 and no one has any idea what he left for an indefinite period.

So we watch everyone cover themselves in shame either making sh!t up or trashing him.

disgusting

For a guy who often speculates, and is usually spectacularly wrong in the process, one would think you’d be more sympathetic.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

• All American
« Reply #222 on: January 16, 2020, 08:01:34 PM »
Actually we do not.  It could be deeply personal and Wojo is covering for him.

Actually I’m pretty sure given what I have heard here and elsewhere.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #223 on: January 16, 2020, 08:02:05 PM »
He said he was quitting just to get away from wojo???
And if i had a nickel for every senior on a sports team that quit after realizing he was the last man on the bench and playing time frustrations that then disparraged the cost, I would be very rich!!

Yes, this is it.  People quit when they know it’s over.  It’s a convenient excuse to blame the coach.  Objectively he was not producing as much as he would have liked.  That is not the coaches fault. Still hoping the door is open for a return. 

Not A Serious Person

• All American
« Reply #224 on: January 16, 2020, 08:04:24 PM »
For a guy who often speculates, and is usually spectacularly wrong in the process, one would think you’d be more sympathetic.

sympathetic to what?  Anonymous posters attacking a kid on a basketball team?  They only deserve scorn and disrespect.