[April 28, 2024, 06:50:03 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Juan Anderson's Mixtape
[April 28, 2024, 06:37:34 PM]

Big East 2024 Offseason by MU82
[April 28, 2024, 06:32:11 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[April 28, 2024, 01:23:01 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Oops  (Read 24054 times)

warriors141

• All American
Re: Oops
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2020, 08:41:29 PM »
no consistency with this team and that is coaching. this was likely the easiest game at home (unless depaul tanks) and we lost. wow.....

If we keep this up, Marquette will no longer be relevant in college ball, very sad with a program of our history. It isn't just the coaching, it is the administration calling the shots. They must be okay with mediocrity (or less)

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2020, 08:42:25 PM »
For everything Jayce contributed he gave right back. Poor on the defensive end.  Totally abused. Couldn’t clean up defensive boards and still is a liability on the charity stripe. I would have rather seen Ed.  And that’s saying a lot.   Need his good to outweigh his bad.  IMO it didn’t tonight.

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2020, 08:43:42 PM »
no consistency with this team and that is coaching. this was likely the easiest game at home (unless depaul tanks) and we lost. wow.....

If we keep this up, Marquette will no longer be relevant in college ball, very sad with a program of our history. It isn't just the coaching, it is the administration calling the shots. They must be okay with mediocrity (or less)

We have not had a decent rebounding center since what Robert Jackson? Our centers could not be any weaker. John, Morrow and Johnson cannot shoot their way out of a tin can. Yes the blocks are nice but they are such a liability its ridiculous.

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2020, 08:43:57 PM »
Is Theo John the worst big man ever? Wtf does he do

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2020, 08:44:47 PM »
One wonders about next year's offense.

MU2007

• Walk-On
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2020, 08:45:09 PM »
Finally joined scoop officially...have followed for years.

Really evident down the stretch that without at least a 2nd option it's gonna be tough to win close games when they collapse on Howard.

I don't understand why Wojo didn't foul in regulation once the clock hit 10 seconds, that's a pretty easy situation imo. Secondly, even though it likely wouldn't have mattered, to call a timeout in between free throws with 1.7 seconds left at the end seems beyond dumb. The ONLY chance you have on a miss is to call a timeout and at least have an in bound play and a prayer. I.e. Creighton last year.

GoldenZebra

• All American
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2020, 08:45:36 PM »
One wonders about next year's offense.

No need to wonder about it, just look at what happens during the game tonight.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2020, 08:46:20 PM »
Guess rule of thumb is if you up three, you foul under six seconds.  MU did not, when I presume most coaches would have.  PC was terrible at the line and at the time was 19 for 30. 

Very bad loss, very bad and could hurt them at years end.  Protect home court, especially against PC.

Believe Markus took 34 shots tonight, at times he was amazing, but he missed too many layups and those short one handlers.
looked like a moving screen to get Reeves open for the 3 to send it to OT.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2020, 08:46:50 PM »
Battled but a bad loss.  Lack of major talent beyond Markus does not help either.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2020, 08:48:06 PM »
Don’t bitch about the refs. Providence was tougher in a physical game. Marquette is soft.

Theo wasting fouls on dumbass over the backs on the offensive end. You’re a f*cking junior and you can’t figure that out yet?
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2020, 08:48:38 PM »
Guess rule of thumb is if you up three, you foul under six seconds.  MU did not, when I presume most coaches would have.  PC was terrible at the line and at the time was 19 for 30. 

Very bad loss, very bad and could hurt them at years end.  Protect home court, especially against PC.

Believe Markus took 34 shots tonight, at times he was amazing, but he missed too many layups and those short one handlers.

do you really think this even matters at years end??? maybe the difference between NIT or not? Really this team is not good, and the Big East is good. If we were in a weak conference maybe it matters, but got a feeling we are in for a long season

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2020, 08:48:44 PM »
Finally joined scoop officially...have followed for years.

Really evident down the stretch that without at least a 2nd option it's gonna be tough to win close games when they collapse on Howard.

I don't understand why Wojo didn't foul in regulation once the clock hit 10 seconds, that's a pretty easy situation imo. Secondly, even though it likely wouldn't have mattered, to call a timeout in between free throws with 1.7 seconds left at the end seems beyond dumb. The ONLY chance you have on a miss is to call a timeout and at least have an in bound play and a prayer. I.e. Creighton last year.

Exactly my point. By using the time out there you essentially conceded to the loss. At least on a full court pass you could attempt to draw a foul. Does anyone even have the arm strength to one hand it full court at the hoop standing still.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2020, 08:49:15 PM »
Don’t bitch about the refs. Providence was tougher in a physical game. Marquette is soft.

Theo wasting fouls on dumbass over the backs on the offensive end. You’re a f*cking junior and you can’t figure that out yet?

I’m with ya. Love to complain about the refs. Certainly Wasn’t the problem tonight.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2020, 08:50:56 PM »
Anyone know if Wojo skipped the post game again?

auburnmarquette

• Team Captain
    • Value Add Explaination
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2020, 08:51:55 PM »
Beyond stupid to take that timeout with 1.2 left and the guy shooting free throws. What exactly did wojo think they could do in that time.

Absolutely and it was actually 1.7 seconds. Off an inbound pass after either a made free throw or a missed free throw or time out off a missed free throw clock starts wherever you catch it and you get a dribble at least and if you make it or get fouled you WIN.

I am a big wojo fan, but even I was screaming at the tv as soon as the timeout was called I was yelling at the tv you just lost the game. At that point it doesn't take a great coach like Cooley - a JV high school coach knows you miss the free throw on purpose - a guy catching the rebound with his back to the basket has no chance.to turn and get off a pass or shot that has any chance. Awful decision.
http://www.pudnersports.com/ for my blogs or articles and www.valueaddbasketball.com for for current and historic rankings.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2020, 08:52:36 PM »
Anyone know if Wojo skipped the post game again?

He’s doing nothing to counter the idea that he’s clueless. He said he feared the team coming out flat. Good thing he feared it and did nothing as that’s just what they did

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2020, 08:53:21 PM »
How many flex set curls to the basket did Cooley run before wojo finally adjusted and went to zone. Unreal

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2020, 08:55:08 PM »
We're just a middle of the road team that has one player who could get red hot and win us a few games we shouldn't. I think this game just made me accept it.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2020, 08:55:25 PM »
I dont understand the hideous non con play by PC. They are not the 99th best team. No way

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2020, 08:55:45 PM »
For everything Jayce contributed he gave right back. Poor on the defensive end.  Totally abused. Couldn’t clean up defensive boards and still is a liability on the charity stripe. I would have rather seen Ed.  And that’s saying a lot.   Need his good to outweigh his bad.  IMO it didn’t tonight.

Did u see ed play? Scored on him ever time n how many rebounds?
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Mutaman

• All American
  • "Technically this is true."
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2020, 08:55:57 PM »
Providence bench: 42 points

Marquette bench :   8 points

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2020, 08:56:24 PM »
I dont understand the hideous non con play by PC. They are not the 99th best team. No way

Well they also had a 25% 3 point shooter with a horseshoe lodged up his ass tonight. That certainly didn’t help.

JamilJaeJamailJrJuan

• All American
  • Js for days
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2020, 08:57:05 PM »
Said this in the game thread but woof

Providence #99 NET (puke) with losses to Northwestern, Penn, Long Beach State, College of Charleston & Rhode Island

Which sucks because they’re obviously much better than that.

Tough game. MU played hard. Koby or Sacar hit one more of the many shots they missed we win. It sucks. It hurts, and it may hurt a lot in a couple months. But hardly a death kneel. Go steal one at Hall on Sat and all is back to normal.
I would take the Rick SLU program right now.

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2020, 08:58:20 PM »
He’s doing nothing to counter the idea that he’s clueless. He said he feared the team coming out flat. Good thing he feared it and did nothing as that’s just what they did

"Feared the team coming out flat"????????????? Did he really say that???? Gotta be one of the biggest WTF comments ever. Flat because we won one game, at home????

And we did come out flat, and the coaching did nothing to change it. I guess we need to lose against bad teams to get our energy up for the next game? This is beyond ridiculous and proves that this coach has no idea what he is doing.

The fact that the completely lost grip of the team last year totally effed us this year as well

MU2007

• Walk-On
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2020, 08:59:35 PM »
Providence bench: 42 points

Marquette bench :   8 points

Howard & Bailey: 58 points
Rest of Team: 22 points

That won't get it done.