Joplin1

'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 12:10:57 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Chicago bars for Fri game by Daniel
[March 28, 2024, 08:47:22 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Creighton Game Thread  (Read 28391 times)

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Re: Creighton Game Thread
« Reply #325 on: January 01, 2020, 10:13:41 PM »
So after one round of games through BE play, MU is the recipient of the biggest blowout loss, and if you really think about it, in theory, this SHOULD have been one of their easier road games(at least one where you wouldn't expect them to get blown out, like maybe at Nova or Hall or something) in the BE(yes, I know none are easy). So they have that going for them anyway.

Uhm, why would this be one of the easier road games?

Have some of you been asleep or something?

Creighton has 2 losses.  Undefeated San Diego State and Michigan.  They are undefeated at home and 22nd in the NET to start this game...why again would this be one of the easier road games?  Serious question...based on what exactly?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #326 on: January 01, 2020, 10:15:09 PM »
I'm fair AF.  It's been you and the other Projos who perpetually shift the goalposts for what is acceptable to expect from Wojo.  The whole empty cupboard B.S.  The transfers out of the Hausers, Deonte, the end to last season, the way the Wally thing went down, the lack of player development.  Koby McEwen is a mess.  Numerous examples of players regressing under Wojo's coaching.

But hey, glad you expected a 25 point blowout to #46 Creighton.  This is exactly what we should expect in Year 6, right?

Post of the day.

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #327 on: January 01, 2020, 10:17:09 PM »
I would take Matt Heldt over Jayce all day.  Not meant to be funny.  Meant to be true.

dgies9156

• All American
« Reply #328 on: January 01, 2020, 10:17:31 PM »
OK, this is one road game. It was in a notoriously tough place to play and we got our heads handed to us.

Big question is what character we have. This happens. But how you respond to it is key. Another game like this and I think I'm focusing on some other interest this winter. Tiddly winks maybe? Another one like this and, well, we're going nowhere outside Milwaukee County after the BE tourney.

Tonight was as hard to watch as Murray State!

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #329 on: January 01, 2020, 10:17:45 PM »
I just don't understand how someone can watch that game and the last X years and go, "I'm confident in the way this program is going."

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #330 on: January 01, 2020, 10:21:16 PM »
I would take Matt Heldt over Jayce all day.  Not meant to be funny.  Meant to be true.

It's an interesting comparison.  But I'm struggling to support any of MU's bigs this year.  Theo can't grasp the ball (literally), and isn't blocking last the past couple years. Ed throws the ball at the hoop and acts like a thug. Jayce should dominate a short team like Creighton but basically just picks up fouls.  Sigh.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 10:23:57 PM by rocky_warrior »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #331 on: January 01, 2020, 10:23:04 PM »
I'm fair AF.  It's been you and the other Projos who perpetually shift the goalposts for what is acceptable to expect from Wojo.  The whole empty cupboard B.S.  The transfers out of the Hausers, Deonte, the end to last season, the way the Wally thing went down, the lack of player development.  Koby McEwen is a mess.  Numerous examples of players regressing under Wojo's coaching.

But hey, glad you expected a 25 point blowout to #46 Creighton.  This is exactly what we should expect in Year 6, right?

For you to say bare cupboard wasn’t real and pretend like those same guys did nothing but absolute crap under your guy is a joke....you have not been fair ever in this regard so take your nonsense elsewhere. 

Creighton is #22 in NET before tonight’s game.  I expect they will be top 20 y tomorrow. 
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

nyg

• All American
« Reply #332 on: January 01, 2020, 10:24:55 PM »
Credit tonight to Bailey.  He showed up.  18 points, 11 rebounds and three assists.

Don't know what happened with Theo.  Dropped some passes, then sat most of game, didn't even start second half.  Played two minutes in second half and only had one foul the whole game. 

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #333 on: January 01, 2020, 10:25:54 PM »
What is it about Wojo that makes you want him to be here 10 years from now? The perpetual looks to the future need to pan out at some point, don't they?

I think you missed what I said.   Hopefully,

Because if in ten years he is still the head coach it means we are doing quite well.  That is why.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
« Reply #334 on: January 01, 2020, 10:26:43 PM »
Credit tonight to Bailey.  He showed up.  18 points, 11 rebounds and three assists.

Nice.  Missed the double-double amidst all the chaos.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #335 on: January 01, 2020, 10:27:49 PM »
Chaos is a weird autocorrect for crap

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #336 on: January 01, 2020, 10:28:12 PM »
Apparently no one is going to answer the question...why was tonight supposed to be an easy win against an 11-2 team, on the road who has two losses...one to undefeated San Diego State and the other to Michigan...can someone explain why this was supposed to be easy or easier ?  Based on what?

Silent Verbal

• All American
« Reply #337 on: January 01, 2020, 10:29:59 PM »
Because if in ten years he is still the head coach it means we are doing quite well. 

Not necessarily.  If he continues to avoid scandal, his status is pretty much the reverse of that old Buzz quote:  Marquette will have him as long as he’ll be here.

curbina

• Starter
Re: Clueless Wojo!
« Reply #338 on: January 01, 2020, 10:32:05 PM »
Oh look who came back from a long hiatus when we were winning...Happy New Year.

Cheeks, our view points may differ but Happy New Year!

“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
- Winston S. Churchill

muguru

• All American
« Reply #339 on: January 01, 2020, 10:33:39 PM »
Apparently no one is going to answer the question...why was tonight supposed to be an easy win against an 11-2 team, on the road who has two losses...one to undefeated San Diego State and the other to Michigan...can someone explain why this was supposed to be easy or easier ?  Based on what?

I specifically stated not necessarily a win, but certainly one where they should have been in the game. Who cares what Creighton has done to this point. That's like saying DePaul and Georgetown are formidable because of their record this far. Once you get into conference play where teams know you, things are much different. Since when has Creighton ever played defense like they did tonight??

I figured MU's best chances at road wins would be Creighton, Providence, Georgetown and DePaul. Doesn't mean I think they would win them all, but their best chances.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #340 on: January 01, 2020, 10:33:46 PM »

23 boards in 2 games is impressive.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #341 on: January 01, 2020, 10:35:57 PM »
I think you missed what I said.   Hopefully,

Because if in ten years he is still the head coach it means we are doing quite well.  That is why.

Not necessarily...he has been here 6 years already and hasn't really won anything of substance thus far. Not like MU teams in the past have after the same time frame anyway. So they may just keep him around regardless.

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #342 on: January 01, 2020, 10:36:52 PM »
I specifically stated not necessarily a win, but certainly one where they should have been in the game. Who cares what Creighton has done to this point. That's like saying DePaul and Georgetown are formidable because of their record this far. Once you get into conference play where teams know you, things are much different. Since when has Creighton ever played defense like they did tonight??

I figured MU's best chances at road wins would be Creighton, Providence, Georgetown and DePaul. Doesn't mean I think they would win them all, but their best chances.

Who cares what Creighton has done to this point?

Ok, Happy New Year Guru.  Seriously.

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #343 on: January 01, 2020, 10:39:41 PM »
 O wojo on the radio
Ducked it
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #344 on: January 01, 2020, 10:40:35 PM »
Uh .. I missed a few minutes post-game radio so I'm not sure .. did Wojo skip the post-game with Homer?

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #345 on: January 01, 2020, 10:41:15 PM »
For you to say bare cupboard wasn’t real and pretend like those same guys did nothing but absolute crap under your guy is a joke....you have not been fair ever in this regard so take your nonsense elsewhere. 

Creighton is #22 in NET before tonight’s game.  I expect they will be top 20 y tomorrow.

Lame Duck Buzz didn't give two craps his last year at MU.  He had no real interest in developing that freshman class.  I'm truly disappointed and frustrated that Wojo continues to struggle.

Getting blown out by NET rating #22 isn't really an achievement.  BTW, What happens next year with no Markus Howard on the floor to defend?   Do you see our trajectory higher than this season?

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #346 on: January 01, 2020, 10:41:37 PM »
Wojo has proven he can't get the job done. Unfortunately , he has tremendous job security and only way we can get rid of him is if he does well enough for another school to hire him away.  Hopefully he can rally the troops for Nova.
Wojo does NOT have tremendous job security. I'll leave it at that.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #347 on: January 01, 2020, 10:53:31 PM »
Wojo does NOT have tremendous job security. I'll leave it at that.

I'm sure he feels heat but I don't think any of it is from the administration.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #348 on: January 01, 2020, 11:06:12 PM »
Uh .. I missed a few minutes post-game radio so I'm not sure .. did Wojo skip the post-game with Homer?

Of course he did

WhiteTrash

• All American
« Reply #349 on: January 01, 2020, 11:12:35 PM »
I'm sure he feels heat but I don't think any of it is from the administration.

I'm sure too. Look I can tell some things I know but really I'm just some person on a fan web site who can say anything without anything to back it up. So just look at Wojo's contract extension. That will tell you everything you need to know.

feedback