'22-23
'21-22 * '20-21 * '19-20
'18-19 * '17-18 * '16-17
'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Creighton Game Thread  (Read 28399 times)

Bad_Reporter

• All American
Re: Creighton Game Thread
« Reply #300 on: January 01, 2020, 10:01:15 PM »
Talk to me in a few weeks, let’s see how we respond.  Tonight has been awful

Why not talk about the last 6 years?  What happened to “5 years to judge?”

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #301 on: January 01, 2020, 10:01:32 PM »
I asked this earlier this year, but when do we become funny bad??   Some of the stuff out here is flat out comical.
I chuckled a few times. Guys hitting the backboard on corner 3s. Ridiculous brain dead turnovers and shots. Break downs.

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #302 on: January 01, 2020, 10:01:50 PM »
No tourney wins since lord knows when and we're just expected to think everything is going to turn out fine and be patient.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #303 on: January 01, 2020, 10:02:09 PM »
Can't believe McDermott is risking their NET rating calling a timeout to put his walk-ins with with 2 minutes left in the game. 

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #304 on: January 01, 2020, 10:02:11 PM »
Hopefully we can make a run against there walk ons to make the score look better eh

Class71

• All American
« Reply #305 on: January 01, 2020, 10:02:16 PM »
Talk to me in a few weeks, let’s see how we respond.  Tonight has been awful

Apparently you are satisfied with the results of the last six years. Some of us are not.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #306 on: January 01, 2020, 10:04:09 PM »
Finally playing some defense in the last two minutes finally not playing matador defense.
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #307 on: January 01, 2020, 10:04:34 PM »
I was.

You are correct

Thanks for the advice, looking forward to purchasing again once there’s a change.

Hopefully it is 10+ years from now with the same coach at the helm.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #308 on: January 01, 2020, 10:05:13 PM »
I chuckled a few times. Guys hitting the backboard on corner 3s. Ridiculous brain dead turnovers and shots. Break downs.

I laughed when Theo turned the ball over to start the game, and also when Morrow missed that dunk.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #309 on: January 01, 2020, 10:05:42 PM »
I asked this earlier this year, but when do we become funny bad??   Some of the stuff out here is flat out comical.

The bad fundamentals are just mind boggling at this level. And the basketball IQ is much lower than I'd expect from such an experienced team. To think those things aren't a result of coaching is naive at best.

SaveOD238

• All American
« Reply #310 on: January 01, 2020, 10:05:46 PM »
Hopefully we can make a run against there walk ons to make the score look better eh

You kid, but losing by 17 instead of 26 helps our NET ranking and kenpom scores.  That's about the only positive from this game.

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #311 on: January 01, 2020, 10:06:26 PM »
I laughed when Theo turned the ball over to start the game, and also when Morrow missed that dunk.

It’s now funny bad for me because I don’t expect anything.  So I’m not that angry when we lose.  Just so much to laugh at

muguru

• All American
« Reply #312 on: January 01, 2020, 10:06:34 PM »
So after one round of games through BE play, MU is the recipient of the biggest blowout loss, and if you really think about it, in theory, this SHOULD have been one of their easier road games(at least one where you wouldn't expect them to get blown out, like maybe at Nova or Hall or something) in the BE(yes, I know none are easy). So they have that going for them anyway.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #313 on: January 01, 2020, 10:06:43 PM »
The bad fundamentals are just mind boggling at this level. And the basketball IQ is much lower than I'd expect from such an experienced team. To think those things aren't a result of coaching is naive at best.

This.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #314 on: January 01, 2020, 10:06:53 PM »
Why not talk about the last 6 years?  What happened to “5 years to judge?”

Because in year 5 we made the NCAA tournament, just as we did on year 3 and the NIT in year 4.  I expect year 6 we will also make the NCAA tournament and I don’t piss my pants at a road loss like some do. 

I’d be happy to list a lot of programs right now that aren’t hitting all cylinders but you guys would do your typical “but they did well in years” past so they get a pass nonsense.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #315 on: January 01, 2020, 10:07:30 PM »
I'm fair AF.  It's been you and the other Projos who perpetually shift the goalposts for what is acceptable to expect from Wojo.  The whole empty cupboard B.S.  The transfers out of the Hausers, Deonte, the end to last season, the way the Wally thing went down, the lack of player development.  Koby McEwen is a mess.  Numerous examples of players regressing under Wojo's coaching.

But hey, glad you expected a 25 point blowout to #46 Creighton.  This is exactly what we should expect in Year 6, right?
Wojo has proven he can't get the job done. Unfortunately , he has tremendous job security and only way we can get rid of him is if he does well enough for another school to hire him away.  Hopefully he can rally the troops for Nova.
Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #316 on: January 01, 2020, 10:07:34 PM »
We can't play like Duke when we don't have Duke type players. It doesn't look like Wojo can adapt to his level of talent

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #317 on: January 01, 2020, 10:07:38 PM »
Agreed.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #318 on: January 01, 2020, 10:08:01 PM »
Hopefully it is 10+ years from now with the same coach at the helm.

What is it about Wojo that makes you want him to be here 10 years from now? The perpetual looks to the future need to pan out at some point, don't they?

StillWarriors

• All American
« Reply #319 on: January 01, 2020, 10:08:29 PM »

That was a nice set play that was worked to perfection before Theo didn't come close to catching the ball. Poor memory on my part, perhaps, but I don't recall Theo struggling so much to catch simple passes the past couple years.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #320 on: January 01, 2020, 10:09:42 PM »
Because in year 5 we made the NCAA tournament, just as we did on year 3 and the NIT in year 4.  I expect year 6 we will also make the NCAA tournament and I don’t piss my pants at a road loss like some do. 

I’d be happy to list a lot of programs right now that aren’t hitting all cylinders but you guys would do your typical “but they did well in years” past so they get a pass nonsense.

But to be fair Chicos, at least for me...I hate the comparisons to other programs...I don't care about other programs, I care about MU's program, and just because this program or that program is on a down swing, to me doesn;t make it okay that MU's isn;t where some of us think it should be by now. I expect more from MU's program.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #321 on: January 01, 2020, 10:10:28 PM »
Apparently you are satisfied with the results of the last six years. Some of us are not.

That’s fine.  Cancel your tickets, end your donations, show them who is boss.

AlienWarrior

• All American
« Reply #322 on: January 01, 2020, 10:11:44 PM »
That’s fine.  Cancel your tickets, end your donations, show them who is boss.

That should of happened in 1994 after the name change

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #323 on: January 01, 2020, 10:12:02 PM »
I personally can’t wait until Jayce has a 4 point 4 rebound game and then everyone says he’s good again.  It’s coming soon. Trust me.

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #324 on: January 01, 2020, 10:13:35 PM »
I personally can’t wait until Jayce has a 4 point 4 rebound game and then everyone says he’s good again.  It’s coming soon. Trust me.

“Big Johnson”

-chicos

feedback