[Today at 04:10:23 PM]

[Paint Touches] Big East programs ranked by NBA representation by Galway Eagle
[Today at 04:04:41 PM]

D-I Logo Quiz by SoCalEagle
[Today at 01:23:01 PM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by MuMark
[April 27, 2024, 04:23:26 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: Creighton Game Thread  (Read 28959 times)

StillWarriors

• All American
Re: Creighton Game Thread
« Reply #275 on: January 01, 2020, 09:51:57 PM »
We're gonna need McEwen, but he is reaching Chartouny level of desperation right now in terms of lost confidence.

muguru

• All American
« Reply #276 on: January 01, 2020, 09:52:16 PM »
You can criticize all you wish, all I ask is you be fair.  When things are going well, some of you are literally gone for weeks.  Or you cherry pick.  Otherwise criticize all you wish.

I expected a loss tonight, not sure why so many of you didn’t.  I’ve chuckled at the put downs of Creighton and any way to diminish MU which is the goal of some of you.

Good news is that Houston isn’t that muggy this time of year.

Chicos, honest question, isn't it fair to expect to have a better program 6 years in then we currently have?? It's basically been spinning it's wheels.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

#UnleashSean

• All American
« Reply #277 on: January 01, 2020, 09:52:26 PM »
Five "tough" games, three twenty point loses.

3 twenty point losses. 3 defenses with the same plan.

DiaperDandy

• Starter
« Reply #278 on: January 01, 2020, 09:52:40 PM »
Wojo blowjo, hey!

curbina

• Starter
Re: Clueless Wojo!
« Reply #279 on: January 01, 2020, 09:53:04 PM »
Oh look who came back from a long hiatus when we were winning...Happy New Year.

Winning against powder puffs.
“You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks.”
- Winston S. Churchill

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #280 on: January 01, 2020, 09:53:11 PM »
Ballock is 4-8 from 3 and the announcers are acting like they are watching Klay Thompson score 30+ in a quarter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #281 on: January 01, 2020, 09:53:20 PM »
correct, this is what it takes. to settle for the current state of the program is akin to saying we are fine with being DePaul

LOL.  Yeah, that’s what it is akin to.   :o
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

WolfganghisKhan

• All American
« Reply #282 on: January 01, 2020, 09:53:24 PM »
We are a very dumb basketball IQ team.

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #283 on: January 01, 2020, 09:53:28 PM »
Are we just that unathletic that no one can even have a snow balls chance in hell to not get beat off the dribble

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #284 on: January 01, 2020, 09:53:31 PM »
What’s Jayce Johnson’s PER tonight?

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #285 on: January 01, 2020, 09:53:46 PM »
Very critical minutes here. Need to make a run so our NET ranking only drops 10 instead of 15.

skianth16

• All American
« Reply #286 on: January 01, 2020, 09:54:17 PM »
I expected a loss tonight, not sure why so many of you didn’t.  I’ve chuckled at the put downs of Creighton and any way to diminish MU which is the goal of some of you.

But there's a huge difference between a hard fought loss and getting taken to the woodshed. We look awful. No defense, too many TOs, low energy, and lots of mental mistakes. This performance wouldn't beat any Big East team, and that's not hyperbole. A lot of things need to improve for us to compete in the conference this year.

WarriorFan

• All American
« Reply #287 on: January 01, 2020, 09:54:28 PM »
What is impressive to me is how much McDermott has improved as a strategy/game coach during his tenure at Creighton.  When he arrived he was pretty clueless... give the ball to his kid and step back.  After realizing Creighton is never going to attract high level talent he somehow learned how to coach.  Kudos to him.  He's making the BEAST better. 

I honestly thought he would last less than 2 years after Doug left.
"The meaning of life isn't gnashing our bicuspids over what comes after death but tasting the tiny moments that come before it."

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #288 on: January 01, 2020, 09:54:32 PM »
Just letting you know since I’m assuming you wouldn’t think anyone actually would.

Don’t worry, I’m a tier 2, 2 seat, row Z type season ticket holder

You mean you were a tier 2, 2 seat row z type season ticket holder...or did you have a Freudian Slip?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

muguru

• All American
« Reply #289 on: January 01, 2020, 09:54:51 PM »
Send a message Wojo, put the walk ons in.
“Being realistic is the most common path to mediocrity.” Will Smith

We live in a society that rewards mediocrity , I detest mediocrity - David Goggi

I want this quote to serve as a reminder to the vast majority of scoop posters in regards to the MU BB program.

cheese ball chaser

• All American
« Reply #290 on: January 01, 2020, 09:56:25 PM »
I am not looking forward to seeing how this blowout affects our KenPom. Currently at 26....ugh.

MUEng92

• All American
« Reply #291 on: January 01, 2020, 09:56:44 PM »
MU looks like they grabbed 10 guys from Times Square at 3:00 this morning, flew them to Omaha, gave them blue uniforms and told them to see what they can do out there

Bad_Reporter

• All American
« Reply #292 on: January 01, 2020, 09:57:32 PM »
You mean you were a tier 2, 2 seat row z type season ticket holder...or did you have a Freudian Slip?

I was.

You are correct

Thanks for the advice, looking forward to purchasing again once there’s a change.

Elonsmusk

• All American
« Reply #293 on: January 01, 2020, 09:57:42 PM »
You can criticize all you wish, all I ask is you be fair.  When things are going well, some of you are literally gone for weeks.  Or you cherry pick.  Otherwise criticize all you wish.

Good news is that Houston isn’t that muggy this time of year.

I'm fair AF.  It's been you and the other Projos who perpetually shift the goalposts for what is acceptable to expect from Wojo.  The whole empty cupboard B.S.  The transfers out of the Hausers, Deonte, the end to last season, the way the Wally thing went down, the lack of player development.  Koby McEwen is a mess.  Numerous examples of players regressing under Wojo's coaching.

But hey, glad you expected a 25 point blowout to #46 Creighton.  This is exactly what we should expect in Year 6, right?

Class71

• All American
« Reply #294 on: January 01, 2020, 09:57:46 PM »
correct, this is what it takes. to settle for the current state of the program is akin to saying we are fine with being DePaul

Have you seen DePaul lately? They will be very tough for us.
⛵⛵⛵⛵⛵

Johnny B

• All American
« Reply #295 on: January 01, 2020, 09:58:04 PM »
This could be Creighton's 2nd largest margin of victory this year. "Cupcakes" have competed with them better than we did tonight

WarriorPride68

• All American
« Reply #296 on: January 01, 2020, 09:58:21 PM »
Down 25 in conference opener with #10 Villanova up next

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #297 on: January 01, 2020, 09:59:12 PM »
Chicos, honest question, isn't it fair to expect to have a better program 6 years in then we currently have?? It's basically been spinning it's wheels.

Talk to me in a few weeks, let’s see how we respond.  Tonight has been awful

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #298 on: January 01, 2020, 09:59:15 PM »
I asked this earlier this year, but when do we become funny bad??   Some of the stuff out here is flat out comical.

MUfan12

• All American
« Reply #299 on: January 01, 2020, 09:59:21 PM »
Have you seen DePaul lately? They will be very tough for us.

Wouldn't be surprised if they beat MU twice. Lots of length to double Howard off the high ball screens.