[Today at 08:24:31 AM]

Recruiting as of 3/15/24 by Vander Blue Man Group
[Today at 07:53:14 AM]

D-I Logo Quiz by IL Warrior
[April 24, 2024, 09:57:20 PM]

Best case scenarios by We R Final Four
[April 24, 2024, 08:12:40 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: The long cold summer

Marquette
Marquette

Open Practice

Date/Time: Oct 11, 2024 ???
TV: NA
Schedule for 2023-24
27-10

Author Topic: USC receives level 1 notice of allegations from NCAA for basketball  (Read 31632 times)

Pakuni

• All American
Re: USC receives level 1 notice of allegations from NCAA for basketball
« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2019, 09:17:17 AM »
https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexreimer/2016/09/22/pete-carroll-not-bill-belichick-should-be-considered-the-nfls-foremost-cheater/#18523de1579f

I wouldn't call that cheating, unless you think helmet-less players banging heads in a June OTA gave his team a competitive advantage that season.

Dr. Blackheart

• All American
« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2019, 09:24:45 AM »
I wouldn't call that cheating, unless you think helmet-less players banging heads in a June OTA gave his team a competitive advantage that season.

Or, deserving of the Forbes “2016 Worst NFL Cheater” award for that, hey?

TSmith34, Inc.

• All American
« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2019, 11:02:39 AM »
I'm sure someone in New England had something to do with that article ;)
You are correct!  About the author:

Alex Reimer is back for his second stint with SportsMoney. Previously, Reimer was a host and columnist for WEEI in Boston, and has written for several publications, including Boston Magazine and SB Nation.
If you think for one second that I am comparing the USA to China you have bumped your hard.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2019, 12:01:56 PM »
As of mid-morning early signing period, USC has the 85th rated recruiting class.  Coaches matta
Ramsey head thoroughly up his ass.

79Warrior

• All American
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2019, 01:35:22 PM »
As of mid-morning early signing period, USC has the 85th rated recruiting class.  Coaches matta

Yep. Pretty obvious to just about everybody.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2019, 01:42:18 PM »
Yep. Pretty obvious to just about everybody.

Of the top 25 ranked California recruits, 20 are committed elsewhere than USC or UCLA.  The other 5 are trending elsewhere as well.  Coaches matta

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2019, 09:12:50 PM »

He’s been caught at least five times violating nfl rules...he cannot change his spots.  Seahawks fined.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2019, 09:17:20 PM »

Yeah, especially when hanging over his head was his firing that the media said did happen until it didn’t. He has been dead man walking all year, that impacts recruiting the same reason ncaa penalties and other things do.  That same coach had the 20th class last year.  Prior to that, the 4th ranked class and prior to that the 4th ranked class again....same coach....hmm

Weird.  Obvious to everyone....LOL. 

"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2019, 09:21:32 PM »

Uh...no.  Please pay attention to the topic.

The point is that the NCAA violations had no impact on Carroll's success or his reputation outside of USC.

And there you go again with an absolute and false statement.  No impact...false.

Michael Hurley wrote a good article on his cheating ways at USC that continue at Seattle....but he is a nice, likable guy. 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 09:28:38 PM by Cheeks »

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2019, 09:24:38 PM »
The moral of the story, Boo-Boo, is that Yogi didn't know what he was talking about.

Despite your buddy's claim, cheating did not hurt Carroll, and, as others have pointed out, USC has performed much better post-Carroll cheating than it did pre-Carroll cheating.

This is not a thumbs-up for cheating. I wish nobody did it. It simply is your buddy making stuff up in his desperate attempt to prove points that aren't there. As usual.

Lol.  Where was I wrong?  USC has also performed much better pre Carroll depending on when you go back to, so that is a false statement by you.  I didn’t make anything up, his reputation took a hit, especially out here, he went to the pros....Jimmy Johnson cheated his ass off in college and went to the pros for a successful run, too.  They are not mutually exclusive.  So, as usual, you are incorrect.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2019, 10:25:38 PM »
I noticed you ran away from that thread after my "investigation" (aka reading the article you linked in a post). I was simply giving you the opportunity to live up to your promise:

You are always talking about how you wish people would admit when they make a mistake or are wrong. You still have the chance to walk the walk.

I responded

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2019, 10:55:12 PM »
I responded

By still refusing to walk that walk. Shocking.  ::)
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #188 on: December 18, 2019, 11:15:38 PM »
This is my favorite...Rick Singer...yeah, that Rick Singer...partnering with Win Forever...Pete Carroll's Win Forever.  Poor Pete just cannot escape getting his teat caught in the ringer time and time again.  The bad luck nice guy Pete has, it truly is incredible.

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
« Reply #189 on: December 18, 2019, 11:21:14 PM »
I responded

Dude, c'mon: You can multi-quote in one post.

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #190 on: December 18, 2019, 11:38:13 PM »
By still refusing to walk that walk. Shocking.  ::)

I said I was wrong....what grain of sand is rubbing you wrong this time?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #191 on: December 19, 2019, 08:50:00 AM »
Of the top 25 ranked California recruits, 20 are committed elsewhere than USC or UCLA.  The other 5 are trending elsewhere as well.  Coaches matta

Top recruits fleeing California like so many citizens here are....smart kids.

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2019, 08:52:06 AM »

Yes, it’s the bad coaches.  Some are fleeing to Ohio State who never recovered from their 2012 sanctions

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #193 on: December 19, 2019, 08:56:53 AM »
Yeah, especially when hanging over his head was his firing that the media said did happen until it didn’t. He has been dead man walking all year, that impacts recruiting the same reason ncaa penalties and other things do.  That same coach had the 20th class last year.  Prior to that, the 4th ranked class and prior to that the 4th ranked class again....same coach....hmm

Weird.  Obvious to everyone....LOL.

He had back-to-back top 5 classes despite NCAA sanctions?  And USC had top 20 classes all decade until 2019 despite sanctions?  Wild

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #194 on: December 19, 2019, 08:58:00 AM »
Yes, it’s the bad coaches.  Some are fleeing to Ohio State who never recovered from their 2012 sanctions

You still haven’t explained how he had two top five classes and a top 20 the three previous years.

Meanwhile, anyone with an ounce of recruiting background knows why this happened.

https://247sports.com/Article/USC-football-Clay-Helton-2020-recruiting-class--139836839/

Galway Eagle

• All American
« Reply #195 on: December 19, 2019, 08:58:39 AM »

This seems like it has political overtones.

Also cali's population is growing still. Slowing down but still growing.
Maigh Eo for Sam

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #196 on: December 19, 2019, 09:00:14 AM »

Cheeks gets his butt handed to him so he goes political.  As old as time...
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #197 on: December 19, 2019, 09:00:32 AM »
He had back-to-back top 5 classes despite NCAA sanctions?  And USC had top 20 classes all decade until 2019 despite sanctions?  Wild

The ncaa sanctions ended long before

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #198 on: December 19, 2019, 09:02:56 AM »

People fleeing the state for all kinds of reasons.  More people leaving than coming in....many years now.  Yes, growing for other reasons like babies being born...

Uncle Rico

• All American
    • Mazos Hamburgers
« Reply #199 on: December 19, 2019, 09:05:57 AM »
You still haven’t explained how he had two top five classes and a top 20 the three previous years.

Meanwhile, anyone with an ounce of recruiting background knows why this happened.

https://247sports.com/Article/USC-football-Clay-Helton-2020-recruiting-class--139836839/

Bad coaches have good recruiting classes.  Brady Hoke had plenty.  That’s not hard to comprehend.

The USC recruiting classes from 2010-13, when crippled by sanctions, were 3, 8, 8 and 13.

So, what you’re telling me is, sanctions didn’t cripple USC football, the media did.  That’s a different topic.