[Today at 12:21:27 PM]

Kolek throwing out first pitch at White Sox game by MU82
[Today at 08:16:25 AM]

Marquette Football Update by Viper
[April 26, 2024, 08:10:52 PM]

Does Bucky NOT have a Basketball NIL? by WhiteTrash
[April 26, 2024, 03:52:54 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???  (Read 214770 times)

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
Re: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #1950 on: February 15, 2022, 02:31:47 PM »
Has anyone watched Murderville on Netflix? I just heard about it on Conan's podcast and I'm intrigued. Apparently it's a spoof criminal procedural with Will Arnett and a special guest star each episode (e.g., Conan, Marshawn Lynch, Sharon Stone, Kumail Nanjiani, etc.). The hook is that the guest stars don't have a script and have to improv their way through. I could see it being really funny. Or just awful. So, I was wondering if anyone had seen it.

I liked it. It's silly but there are funny moments in each episode. The guests understand the assignment to varying degrees of success, but it's a fun concept and the stars seem to be having fun. Take that with a grain of salt, because I enjoyed it more than my wife did.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1951 on: February 15, 2022, 03:16:47 PM »
I liked it. It's silly but there are funny moments in each episode. The guests understand the assignment to varying degrees of success, but it's a fun concept and the stars seem to be having fun. Take that with a grain of salt, because I enjoyed it more than my wife did.

No sir, I will take that as your personal guarantee. If I do not enjoy it, I will expect -- nay, demand -- rightful compensation.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 03:57:27 PM by StillAWarrior »
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #1952 on: February 15, 2022, 03:26:59 PM »
Need some advice. Started binge watching Marvel Agents of Shield. Into Season 3 now, and I see on Netflix, that they are removing Shield from Netflix on Feb 28th. Do I do a crazy bingewatch. About 100 episodes, in 14 days, or do I say F it?

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1953 on: February 15, 2022, 03:58:53 PM »
Need some advice. Started binge watching Marvel Agents of Shield. Into Season 3 now, and I see on Netflix, that they are removing Shield from Netflix on Feb 28th. Do I do a crazy bingewatch. About 100 episodes, in 14 days, or do I say F it?

Go for it.  Why not?

(Haven't seen the show)

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #1954 on: February 15, 2022, 04:02:42 PM »
No sir, I will take that as your personal guaranty. If I do not enjoy it, I will expect -- nay, demand -- rightful compensation.

At least enough to cover your Scoop subscription fees, hey?
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #1955 on: February 15, 2022, 04:06:17 PM »

I watched with my kids when it aired originally, but we stopped watching after S2 or S3 (I can't remember) because it jumped the shark in Gen Z speak.  It stopped being relevant to the MCU and stretched some of the plot lines.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1956 on: February 15, 2022, 04:15:08 PM »
For anyone who hasn't already seen it yet, Encanto is amazing.  Not quite as good as Moana, IMO, but its still brilliantly scored and a rich plot.  Hamilton is great, but Id be fine if Lin-Manual Miranda stuck to these projects.  Songs arent QUITE as good and immediately catchy as Moana, but they have some really cool catchy parts.  For music nerds, the bridges are SUPER strong

TAMU, Knower of Ball

• All American
  • Meat Eater certified
« Reply #1957 on: February 15, 2022, 04:17:32 PM »

I'd probably F it. I stayed until the end (I'm incredibly stubborn when it comes to finishing shows I start) and it gets worse every season. The last season is especially painful. Really enjoyed seasons 1 and 2 and it was a shame that they couldn't keep it up.

I watched with my kids when it aired originally, but we stopped watching after S2 or S3 (I can't remember) because it jumped the shark in Gen Z speak.  It stopped being relevant to the MCU and stretched some of the plot lines.

Jumped the shark is a vast understatement for this show. They jump dozens of sharks
TAMU

I do know, Newsie is right on you knowing ball.

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1958 on: February 15, 2022, 04:32:19 PM »
At least enough to cover your Scoop subscription fees, hey?

I would insist on a multiple -- probably 10x.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1959 on: February 15, 2022, 05:01:19 PM »
For anyone who hasn't already seen it yet, Encanto is amazing.  Not quite as good as Moana, IMO, but its still brilliantly scored and a rich plot.  Hamilton is great, but Id be fine if Lin-Manual Miranda stuck to these projects.  Songs arent QUITE as good and immediately catchy as Moana, but they have some really cool catchy parts.  For music nerds, the bridges are SUPER strong

Have an elementary school age daughter.    She watches it 2 x's a day.

Luckily, it is entertaining.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #1960 on: February 15, 2022, 08:05:41 PM »
Finished Umbrella Academy S1 and 2.    Quality.   Looking forward to S3.

ZiggysFryBoy

• All American
  • MEDITERRANEAN TACOS!
« Reply #1961 on: February 15, 2022, 08:34:23 PM »
Found Ray Donovan on Peacock.  Glad I didn't pay for showtime to finish this show up. 

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1962 on: February 16, 2022, 09:40:43 AM »

We watched the first episode with Conan last night. It had a few moments (e.g., when Arnett was responding to the magician -- we both liked when things started to break down), but I'm not sure I'll go out of my way to watch more. That said, it's the kind of show that might vary wildly from one episode to the next depending on the guest star. So, if one episode was particularly good, please recommend it. But I think that Conan is particularly well suited for this concept, so I figured it might be the best one.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #1963 on: February 16, 2022, 03:14:50 PM »
We watched the first episode with Conan last night. It had a few moments (e.g., when Arnett was responding to the magician -- we both liked when things started to break down), but I'm not sure I'll go out of my way to watch more. That said, it's the kind of show that might vary wildly from one episode to the next depending on the guest star. So, if one episode was particularly good, please recommend it. But I think that Conan is particularly well suited for this concept, so I figured it might be the best one.

Conan might be the best episode. Marshawn Lynch is naturally really funny and I liked the Kumail Nanjiani one as well with his "cool walk." I'd probably put those three above the remaining episodes.
Signature:

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #1964 on: February 16, 2022, 10:07:34 PM »
Conan might be the best episode. Marshawn Lynch is naturally really funny and I liked the Kumail Nanjiani one as well with his "cool walk." I'd probably put those three above the remaining episodes.

I’d watch an episode just for Marshawn.  He has absolutely incredible timing and delivery for a non comedian.  Such an electric natural personality.

Conan off the cuff is always great as well

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #1965 on: February 16, 2022, 10:25:26 PM »
I’d watch an episode just for Marshawn.  He has absolutely incredible timing and delivery for a non comedian.  Such an electric natural personality.

Conan off the cuff is always great as well

Lynch was on Conan’s podcast this week (which is how I heard about the show). The two seem to genuinely like each other a lot. An unexpected pairing.

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1966 on: February 17, 2022, 08:15:04 PM »
Has anyone seen Belfast? 

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #1967 on: February 17, 2022, 10:02:41 PM »
Finished Umbrella Academy S1 and 2.    Quality.   Looking forward to S3.

I'm watching Yellowstone on Peacock right now. I've seen it referred to as "Succession on the Frontier" and I can kind of see it, except some of the characters are actually likable. I'm enjoying it.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

Spotcheck Billy

• All American
« Reply #1968 on: February 18, 2022, 08:49:27 AM »
Has anyone seen Belfast? 

It's excellent IMO

Sir Lawrence

• All American
« Reply #1969 on: February 18, 2022, 09:23:47 PM »
CODA (Apple TV).  Two thumbs up.
Ludum habemus.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #1970 on: February 18, 2022, 10:02:33 PM »

Totally agree. I was glad to see them get several Oscar nominations. And beyond those ... the lead, who somehow did not get nominated, was absolutely fantastic.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #1971 on: February 19, 2022, 12:10:47 PM »
It's excellent IMO

+1. I haven't seen all of the best picture nominees, but it would get my vote from what I've seen.

muwarrior69

• All American
« Reply #1972 on: February 19, 2022, 02:45:30 PM »

There have been some amazing films and TV shows featuring the disabled:

Check out Harold Russel in The Best Years of Our Lives (1946 Best Picture winner): He lost both hands in a training accident during WWII. He was nominated for a special academy award as well as best supporting actor. He won both.

There was a 2003-2005 TV show titled FBEye syndicated on the ION network based on Susan Thomas a deaf FBI agent played by Deanne Bray a deaf actress.  The best part of the show was how she and her hearing service dog interacted. The show was a very light hearted drama but illustrated the challenges the disable face in the abled world.

Mr. Holand"s Opus was an excellent film about a musician/music teacher's relationship with his deaf son vis a viz his students. The actor playing his grown up son was also deaf as well as the students and teachers at the deaf school where he learned how deaf people can appreciate music.

The Miracle Worker (1962) starring Patty Duke as Helen Keller a captured soul trying to get out and the teacher who found the keys that freed her from her deaf and blind captivity.

I am sure there are others.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 02:52:52 PM by muwarrior69 »

MuggsyB

• All American
« Reply #1973 on: February 22, 2022, 09:45:43 PM »
Has anyone seen the 2007 flick Fracture with  Anthony Hopkins?

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
« Reply #1974 on: February 23, 2022, 12:07:36 PM »
Watched "Downfall: The Case Against Boeing" on Netflix last night.

There were many here who defended Boeing after the two crashed following the implementation of the MCAS system. I was probably the most strident on this board in my criticism of Boeing. It turns out that even I was way too nice.

Boeing's conduct both before and after the crashes was truly reprehensible.

feedback