collapse

* Recent Posts

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

Author Topic: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???  (Read 214914 times)

Hards Alumni

• All American
Re: What are you watching in 2020 (or re-watching)???
« Reply #500 on: April 30, 2020, 09:56:44 AM »
I’m sure it’s been discussed here, but hadn’t watched Ozarks before the quarantine. Binge watched it over the past month and a half and just finished season three last night. Not going to lie, I was kind of hate watching it. Thought season one was solid. Thought season two was meh. Hated the second half of season three. That was some depressing stuff over the last 4 or 5 episodes.

I pretty much can’t stand any single character other than Ruth, who is awesome. “Three” is cool but is such a small character he hardly counts.

It's very Breaking Bad in that way.  A lot of hardly redeemable characters.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #501 on: April 30, 2020, 10:25:30 AM »
I’m sure it’s been discussed here, but hadn’t watched Ozarks before the quarantine. Binge watched it over the past month and a half and just finished season three last night. Not going to lie, I was kind of hate watching it. Thought season one was solid. Thought season two was meh. Hated the second half of season three. That was some depressing stuff over the last 4 or 5 episodes.

I pretty much can’t stand any single character other than Ruth, who is awesome. “Three” is cool but is such a small character he hardly counts.

If you're looking for the "feel good hit of the season," Ozark is not for you.

I love the writing, the acting and the tension. Kind of similar to Succession in the whole "I hate 'em all" quotient, but that's another great show.

Not sure why you would have kept watching if you hated it so much, though.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

MUBurrow

• All American
« Reply #502 on: April 30, 2020, 11:00:58 AM »
What'd yall think of The Plot Against America? I've got a couple of episodes left, and its such a short run that of course I'll finish it.  I've been a little underwhelmed, though.  Turturro and the child actors are fantastic, but most of the adult characters fall pretty flat imo.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #503 on: April 30, 2020, 11:09:58 AM »
What'd yall think of The Plot Against America? I've got a couple of episodes left, and its such a short run that of course I'll finish it.  I've been a little underwhelmed, though.  Turturro and the child actors are fantastic, but most of the adult characters fall pretty flat imo.

Watched it all, thought it was really good.  I was disappointed that it was so short... should have been extended to 8 episodes to flush out some of the rushed story lines.    I think Herman Levin's character was the weakest actor.  Zoe Kazan was amazing, and Winona Ryder was just playing the same character she always seems to play... herself.

The last episode is exceptional... save the last two minutes.

Overall, I highly recommend the show.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #504 on: April 30, 2020, 12:02:16 PM »
You really understand how dumb.  But it is fun!

It was a fun movie. 

It was almost like a semi-sequel to that Russel Crowe Proof of Life movie from 20 years ago.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #505 on: April 30, 2020, 12:56:56 PM »

My wife and I thought it was just OK. I don't want to ruin the final episode for you, so come back here after you're finished and we can talk.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #506 on: May 01, 2020, 09:00:40 AM »
I am waiting for this bad boy to hit the streaming services. It looks amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=155&v=jQzDujMzfoU&feature=emb_logo
Have some patience, FFS.

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #507 on: May 01, 2020, 10:15:23 AM »
I am waiting for this bad boy to hit the streaming services. It looks amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=155&v=jQzDujMzfoU&feature=emb_logo

Lmao, amazing. Indian movies are awesome.

We watched Ittefaq and 3 Idiots on Netflix recently - nothing like Baaghi 3, but both pretty good if you watch a lot of Bollywood/Hindi movies.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #508 on: May 01, 2020, 03:45:21 PM »
Lmao, amazing. Indian movies are awesome.

We watched Ittefaq and 3 Idiots on Netflix recently - nothing like Baaghi 3, but both pretty good if you watch a lot of Bollywood/Hindi movies.

Bollywood movies are a little bit of a guilty pleasure of mine.

I was watching a Netflix "Explained" episode about cricket (the sport) and when they got to the part about professional cricket in India, they showed one of the team owners, Shah Rukh Khan, who is basically the Tom Cruise of Bollywood, and I shouted out his name the minute he was on the screen.  Got a little side eye from Glow.

Have some patience, FFS.

The Hippie Satan of Hyperbole

• All American
  • “Good lord, you are an idiot.” - real chili 83
« Reply #509 on: May 02, 2020, 08:09:50 PM »
Spent the evening watching Cheers "cold openings" on Youtube.  My favorite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhBny671ZwE
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

StillAWarrior

• All American
« Reply #510 on: May 02, 2020, 08:13:54 PM »
I just finished the first two seasons of Barry. Now, I have to wait until October for S3. I hate that.

I really enjoyed it. Hader can act...who knew?
Never wrestle with a pig.  You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.

mu_hilltopper

• Warrior
  • Global Moderator
  • All American
    • https://twitter.com/nihilist_arbys
« Reply #511 on: May 02, 2020, 10:11:31 PM »
I just finished the first two seasons of Barry. Now, I have to wait until October for S3. I hate that.

I really enjoyed it. Hader can act...who knew?

+1 on Barry.  Unusual story line that works well.

MU Fan in Connecticut

• All American
« Reply #512 on: May 05, 2020, 09:30:05 AM »
Jeopardy ran out of new episodes to air, so last night they started re-airing the Ken Jennings 75 episode run from 2004.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #513 on: May 05, 2020, 11:21:30 AM »
I never saw "Dexter" during it's Showtime run, so I am watching that.

Since I just finished "Six Feet Under", it looks like the quarantine has prompted me to watch some really dark stuff.

Either that, or I have a thing for Michael C. Hall.
Have some patience, FFS.

cheebs09

• All American
« Reply #514 on: May 05, 2020, 11:25:15 AM »
Just finished Clone Wars. Those last four episodes were fantastic.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #515 on: May 05, 2020, 02:00:34 PM »

Since I just finished "Six Feet Under", it looks like the quarantine has prompted me to watch some really dark stuff.

Michael C Hall is criminally underrated. See if you can spot the bad fake wig he was wearing in Dexter when he was going through cancer treatment.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #516 on: May 05, 2020, 02:22:05 PM »

Six Feet Under is a top-10 show all-time for me. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. My favorite was Lauren Ambrose as Claire -- almost the perfect portrayal of somebody that age.

Not sure how far you are along with Dexter, and I don't want to spoil things for you. I'll only say that a very good series turned great in Season 4, when John Lithgow turned in one of the great acting performances of modern times. Series steadily declined after that IMHO, but had its moments.

And yes, Hall is a great actor.

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #517 on: May 05, 2020, 02:43:14 PM »
Six Feet Under is a top-10 show all-time for me. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. My favorite was Lauren Ambrose as Claire -- almost the perfect portrayal of somebody that age.

Not sure how far you are along with Dexter, and I don't want to spoil things for you. I'll only say that a very good series turned great in Season 4, when John Lithgow turned in one of the great acting performances of modern times. Series steadily declined after that IMHO, but had its moments.

And yes, Hall is a great actor.

Dexter is top 10 premium cable shows of all time IMO.  Up there with The Sopranos, The Wire, GoT, etc...  However, one of the worst final seasons/endings I can remember.  That being said, its still absolutely worth watching to the very end.

Jables1604

• Team Captain
« Reply #518 on: May 05, 2020, 05:24:38 PM »
Someone whose opinion I trust recommended “How To Fix A Drug Scandal” on Netflix. Just came out last week. I think it’s four parts and apparently quite bingeworthy.

warriorchick

• All American
« Reply #519 on: May 05, 2020, 06:07:24 PM »
Dexter is top 10 premium cable shows of all time IMO.  Up there with The Sopranos, The Wire, GoT, etc...  However, one of the worst final seasons/endings I can remember.  That being said, its still absolutely worth watching to the very end.

I am at episode 3 of the 3rd season.

I like to follow the AVClub recaps as I watch, and the reviewers have been giving the show mostly A's and B's so far, but I happened to notice that the final season had mostly D's and at least one F, which I have never seen on an AVClub review.
Have some patience, FFS.

Hards Alumni

• All American
« Reply #520 on: May 05, 2020, 09:01:39 PM »

Disagree, it was great for 4 seasons, then got really bad really fast.

ChitownSpaceForRent

• All American
« Reply #521 on: May 06, 2020, 11:51:08 AM »

I wouldn’t say bad. Season 6 and 8 aren’t great and 5 is kinda boring, but season 7 was really good.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #522 on: May 06, 2020, 12:09:51 PM »
I wouldn’t say bad. Season 6 and 8 aren’t great and 5 is kinda boring, but season 7 was really good.

Agreed.

The final season of House of Cards was BAD. John From Cincinnati was BAD.

Dexter noticeably fell off after Season 4, and they started to run out of plot lines so they veered to the ridiculous a little too often. But it still was better than quite a bit of the stuff that was on back then. I didn't consider it a "waste of time" watching, as I did, say, House of Cards finale.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #523 on: May 06, 2020, 09:07:53 PM »

I think seasons 1 and 4 were great. Seasons 2 and 3 were okay, and certainly better than anything after 4, but I just wasn't into Lila and Miguel as villains as much. Has to be one of the most disappointing plummets to the end, however. It's kind of amazing they kept it going to 8 after how shaky it got after 4.
This space reserved for a 2024 2025 National Championship celebration banner.

MU82

• All American
« Reply #524 on: May 06, 2020, 09:26:53 PM »
It's kind of amazing they kept it going to 8 after how shaky it got after 4.

Well, given how many of us just in this very small sample size kept watching, I guess it's not that amazing that they kept it going, is it?!?!

feedback