[Today at 04:57:21 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

Where is Marquette? by Dr. Blackheart
[Today at 04:38:52 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Weber grilled  (Read 14461 times)

wadesworld

• All American
Re: Weber grilled
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2019, 12:59:49 AM »
Markus tried to play "hero ball" at the end taking shots early in the shot clock with less than 4 minutes left.....

Poor senior leadership and dumb.....

This is "exactly" why Joey and Sam left......

You can get those shots with under 5 seconds on the clock any time instead of when there is 20 seconds remaining......

Thanks for stopping by, Stephanie!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

MUHoopsFan2

• All American
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2019, 01:22:58 AM »
Thanks for stopping by, Stephanie!
...Oh really? That's why they left? That is not a good reason. Then I am disappointed. That tells me there were 'agenda's.'

They were winning weren't they? That should have been the main objective here.

That will happen in the NBA or G-League too with guys taking quick shots... early in the shot clock instead of playing that incessant 'wheel offense' that they get into swing the ball from side to side and not getting any shot at all with 5 seconds left.

Sometimes that was the best shot they could get. But it was not "their shots" is what the problem was. Who is really being selfish here...? A a top 3 scorer in the nation should have level of 'freedom' to do that.

Vander Blue Man Group

• All American
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2019, 01:36:43 AM »
Markus tried to play "hero ball" at the end taking shots early in the shot clock with less than 4 minutes left.....

Poor senior leadership and dumb.....

This is "exactly" why Joey and Sam left......

You can get those shots with under 5 seconds on the clock any time instead of when there is 20 seconds remaining......

::)

Markusquette

• All American
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2019, 01:44:48 AM »
Sadly my recording finished before I saw the end of the game. Great W. Can't say I'm surprised with the touchy foul calls all game. Some pretty bad ones. It's really nice to see the team play well when Markus is on the bench.

Jamal was all over tonight. Great shooter, nice put-backs, skying for boards. He is easily most improved player. Already offering something Joey never would have while shooting well. Very pleased to see Jamal playing well. Nice to see a game where Morrow didn't walk. Theo had a few nice plays but the story of the game was the wings tonight.

Sacar is a very solid all-around player. He made some big shots and drove well. Greg made clutch threes. Been saying numerous times how good Symir's vision is. Once his d keeps catching up he will be a great asset.

I was a little puzzled early in the second when Koby had the ball Markus literally stood in the corner and did not move a few possessions in a row. McEwen can't get down on himself so much. Seems like he plays with too much pent-up anger and frustration. 

Mr. Sand-Knit

• All American
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2019, 05:38:16 AM »
Had no problem with that Jamal shot towards the end. He was that good.
Agree it was also a good shot
Political free board, plz leave your clever quips in your clever mind.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2019, 06:58:08 AM »
Didn’t get to see the game. We went on the road to another P6 opponent and won, lifting our Ken Pom to top 25, and most of the comments here are negative including statement about how bad our players are

People just enjoy it. It’s a game. We are doing well.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

tower912

• All American
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2019, 07:09:24 AM »
This team is tough.  And deep.
 Overcame foul trouble. 
Beat a team with revenge on their mind.  Beat a team known for grinding and physical play. 
Held them to 32% shooting and 30% from 3.
  30 free throws, but MU was playing a physical team in their gym. 
Two starters fouled out.  The only starter not in foul trouble was Sacar.  And the continuity was seamless.
Out rebounded them on their floor.

Anybody who did not come out of this came encouraged is a fool.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401168409
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 07:23:45 AM by tower912 »
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

rocket surgeon

• All American
  • NA of course
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2019, 07:20:40 AM »
was sure RC after a couple of his saturday night specials would have posted something here about his thick sliced, maple-cured pork belly and how he crisps it up on the weber after the 4-5 day cure, followed by a 4 hour applewood smoke
don't...don't don't don't don't

willie warrior

• All American
« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2019, 07:30:33 AM »
Glad to see Cain becoming a big factor. He needs minutes, and he is as good a shooter, if not better than Bailey, and a better rebounder. Symir can handle the ball and needs more minutes at the point. When it comes down to it, after Markus, the 2 through 9 rotations all have about equal overall talent, with pluses and minuses. We have a three headed 5 with Theo being the best rim protector. Symir looks to be the best at point and Cain should get 25 minutes per game. The rest all are talented. Can Wojo figure it all out?
I thought you were dead. Willie lives rent free in Reekers mind.

lawdog77

• All American
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2019, 07:30:41 AM »
Johnson needs way more minutes. Like please start him.

Symir is doing very solid. Concerned on why no redshirt. But if he's like this please use him much more. A
Sy's last two games; 30 minutes, 8 assists, 0 turnovers.

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2019, 07:31:50 AM »
Just watched the game.  I really believe this team is getting back to the toughness we were known for back in the Buzz years.  Lot of tough kids on this team mentality and physically.  The offense on those tough teams always started off slowly but became much more polished by the end of the year and made tournament runs.  This team is capable of doing the same. Lot of guys gaining confidence.  I’m really looking forward to Big East play.  Think we will surprise people.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2019, 07:35:11 AM »
Just watched the game.  I really believe this team is getting back to the toughness we were known for back in the Buzz years.  Lot of tough kids on this team mentality and physically.  The offense on those tough teams always started off slowly but became much more polished by the end of the year and made tournament runs.  This team is capable of doing the same. Lot of guys gaining confidence.  I’m really looking forward to Big East play.  Think we will surprise people.

I have mentioned this before but I think Wojo realized how tough a BE team has to play and started to recruit guys like Sacar. Players who may not have huge skills, but are the tough, do everything Mofos that other teams hate to face.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

Shooter McGavin

• All American
« Reply #62 on: December 08, 2019, 07:38:08 AM »
Agreed.  We may not be the most skilled team but we aren’t backing down from any fight.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #63 on: December 08, 2019, 07:40:05 AM »

I have mentioned this before but I think Wojo realized how tough a BE team has to play and started to recruit guys like Sacar. Players who may not have huge skills, but are the tough, do everything Mofos that other teams hate to face.

And Dexter is waiting his turn.
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

MUDPT

• All American
« Reply #64 on: December 08, 2019, 07:42:23 AM »
Sacar is starting to see the spaces left by defenders shading towards Markus on the perimeter. Frankly, all of our action that doesn’t involve Markus, should have Markus planted in the corner, opens up so much space. Up to Wojo to figure that out. I also don’t think we appreciate Markus enough for how much teams have to game plan for him. Was thinking of the Texas tech scheme of forcing everything baseline, and how Markus is just going to get a step of space and bury a 3. Really can’t do that against him.

Also, MU currently is ranked 14th in wins above bubble. Really, really good resume.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2019, 07:42:37 AM »
And I think Cain, Elliott, and Bailey are developing into those guys.

moomoo

• Team Captain
« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2019, 08:20:40 AM »
I am not a hater. Anyone who has posted here for at least a few years knows that.

Koby sucks. He is not good. We’re better with him in the bench until it’s free throw time. I hope that changes, because we need him to be an above average high major college basketball player to be anything more than a bubble team this year.

JJJJ

This Marquette team is tough.

Defense, rebounding, edge, toe to toe in enemy territory against nasty teams.

Koby is the catalyst to this toughness.

Silenzio. Parla il moomoo.

brewcity77

• All American
  • Warning-This poster may trigger thin skinned users
    • Cracked Sidewalks
« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2019, 09:21:16 AM »

Do you mean after Sacar he targeted more guys like that? Because Sacar was part of his first full recruiting class.
This space reserved for a 2024 National Championship celebration banner.

We R Final Four

• All American
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2019, 09:34:02 AM »
I like seeing where this years team’s personnel is headed.
BB gets the opportunity...it’s not there/foul trouble,etc.
OK, JC your turn.
JC takes advantage, BB plays 7 minutes. That’s big.
Koby having some issues.....ride GE more. ST gets some more run.
In the middle, TJ will play for long stretches when he’s playing smart. If Wojo feels he’s slipping a bit, Ed gets a chance.
I’m excited about the ‘next man up’ mentality.

Herman Cain

• All American
  • 9-9-9
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2019, 09:55:52 AM »
We won on the road against a solid team.   Need to win the next three games decisively to go into conference play with momentum. 

Jamal a quality teammate and delighted to see his confidence building.  He is now playing like the Pogo Stick we have needed for a long time. The rest of the team gets energy when he is going well.

Winning is overrated. The only time it is really important is in surgery and war.
                       ---Al McGuire

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2019, 10:08:14 AM »
Glad to see Cain becoming a big factor. He needs minutes, and he is as good a shooter, if not better than Bailey, and a better rebounder. Symir can handle the ball and needs more minutes at the point. When it comes down to it, after Markus, the 2 through 9 rotations all have about equal overall talent, with pluses and minuses. We have a three headed 5 with Theo being the best rim protector. Symir looks to be the best at point and Cain should get 25 minutes per game. The rest all are talented. Can Wojo figure it all out?

So fun watching you....not long ago you wanted Cain to ride pine.   Patience is in short short short supply at Scoop when it comes to player development.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Warrior Code

• All American
  • Undefeated since 1960
« Reply #71 on: December 08, 2019, 10:37:14 AM »
Get Symir more minutes.  He looks good.  Passes extremely well.  Haven't had a guy with this much assist promise since Junior.  Looks good taking 3s too.  Hoping as he develops he gets into the lane more and can finish at the rim or get a floater.  Can't wait to see him feeding all our tall talent next year.

Agreed on Symir. I like the way he handles the rock, very competent. These don't show up in the stats unless they lead directly to a bucket so you wouldn't notice unless you were looking for it, but he made a couple just perfect passes last night - good velocity on the ball, just beyond the reach of the defender but right where our guys want to catch it. Can't really teach that.
Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

oldwarrior81

• All American
« Reply #72 on: December 08, 2019, 10:51:26 AM »
Symir with a team leading +20 last night.  Team seemed to click when he was on the floor.
fwiw, Koby was at -10.

Loose Cannon

• All American
  • Voltaire says Hi
« Reply #73 on: December 08, 2019, 11:06:14 AM »
Symir with a team leading +20 last night.  Team seemed to click when he was on the floor.
fwiw, Koby was at -10.

Something to keep my eyes on, Thanks
" Love is Space and Time measured by the Heart. "  M Proust

MU82

• All American
« Reply #74 on: December 08, 2019, 11:07:19 AM »

Jamal was all over tonight. Great shooter, nice put-backs, skying for boards. He is easily most improved player. Already offering something Joey never would have while shooting well. Very pleased to see Jamal playing well.

I really like this point, M'quette. How many minutes would Cain have played if Joey were still around?

I am NOT saying I'm glad Hausershima happened. I'm just saying that every situation leads to something else, good or bad. Joey's absence has led to a great opportunity for Cain, and I am proud of the kid and happy for him that he has taken advantage.

After Markus picked up his fourth foul, our four non-bigs on the floor were Cain, Sacar, McEwen and Elliott. Four athletic guys with good height/length and good defensive skills who were able to switch on pretty much any player K-State had. Throw Bailey, Symir and Akanno into that group, too, as well as Oso and Lewis to replace (numerically) Sacar and McEwen next season.

Excited about our future -- both the rest of this season and beyond.

Heck, even joyless willie actually sounded almost not miserable!
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson