[Today at 06:18:19 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by the eagle
[Today at 06:05:16 PM]

Sweet 16 presser by MuMark
[Today at 04:40:13 PM]

10 years after “Done Deal” … It’s Happening! by The Sultan of Semantics
[Today at 03:24:51 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Remember when the Wojo defenders asked if we'd rather have the DePaul program?  (Read 31137 times)

warriorchick

• All American
Listen ladies.....you are arguing unarguable BS.....What if this....What if that....

We figured the equation how "we can beat" DePaul in the second half......

Mix in some zone and stop Moore with Bailey......

We will outscore them at Wintrust.....

Not the greatest matchup.....But it is what it is.....

PS.....I think we can all agree we are not North Carolina this year........FIRE ROY!

Is that supposed to be an insult of some kind, or are you specifically addressing this to the two women on this board?
Have some patience, FFS.

MU82

• All American
I’m not sure anyone is saying if the season ended today it would be considered a success.

Here’s the problem. When you go out on a limb in early December and make a bold statement like you’d rather be DePaul’s program this year one of two things is going to happen. You’re either going to look like a genius or an idiot.

If you end up looking like a genius you have every right to stick out your chest and tell everyone “I told you so.” If you end up looking like an idiot you’re supposed to own it and admit you were wrong.

You don’t get to change the criteria and claim that we haven’t done anything this year. Relative to your original opinion of DePaul being better than Marquette this year we absolutely have.

Instead, by doubling down and moving the goal post you look like someone who can’t admit that you were wrong. Have some intellectual honesty and take the loss. Live to fight another day.

Post of the week so far. Thanks for making it.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

Warriors4ever

• All American
Dont forget to count me, warriorchick.
Reminds of the time at the Chicago coaches luncheon when Bob Dukiet literally decided to stop and explain the zone defense to ‘all you ladies’ in attendance.

MU82

• All American
Reminds of the time at the Chicago coaches luncheon when Bob Dukiet literally decided to stop and explain the zone defense to ‘all you ladies’ in attendance.

If only all you ladies had taught him how to coach basketball and recruit.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

warriorchick

• All American

Sorry W4ever.  I guess you haven't referenced your gender often enough for me to notice.   :D
Have some patience, FFS.

Warriors4ever

• All American
I don’t post that often. More of a lurker.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
I mean, you might call BS, but our stats page shows a 4.4:1 male to female ratio.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=stats

Of course, that's only showing those that have chosen a "non-blank" answer.  Presumably we have LOT of gender neutral folks registered.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 08:34:53 PM by rocky_warrior »

GooooMarquette

• All American
  • We got this.
I mean, you might call BS, but our stats page shows a 4.4:1 male to female ratio.

Of course, that's only showing those that have chosen a "non-blank" answer.  Presumably we have LOT of gender neutral folks registered.

Oh sure, our stats show a 4.4:1 MFR, but what about the advanced stats? What is our eMFR?

#MFRnomatta

warriorchick

• All American

I am not sure this stat is particularly significant.  A woman who registers and logs on once counts the same as Chicos or 4never. 

How many women vs men have All-American status?

Have some patience, FFS.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
I am not sure this stat is particularly significant.  A woman who registers and logs on once counts the same as Chicos or 4never. 

Of the hundreds of members that have identified as female, only 13 have *ever* posted.  But then again, neither you nor Warriors4ever have chosen a gender :)  You can do that here...

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?action=profile;area=forumprofile

wadesworld

• All American

I’ve never heard a WOMAN start the argument than males are superior athletes to females!
Rocket Trigger Warning (wild that saying this would trigger anyone, but it's the world we live in): Black Lives Matter

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
I’ve never heard a WOMAN start the argument than males are superior athletes to females!

My wife, a high school basketball and track athlete, says it all the time.  Of course she had 5 older brothers that were great athletes and she's an old school conservative.  That's one of many reasons I love her.
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

Keithtisbarf

• Walk-On
My wife, a high school basketball and track athlete, says it all the time.  Of course she had 5 older brothers that were great athletes and she's an old school conservative.  That's one of many reasons I love her.

And she is made of plastic and filled with air and you bought her on alibaba.

warriorchick

• All American

::)  I meant on Scoop.
Have some patience, FFS.

Keithtisbarf

• Walk-On
::)  I meant on Scoop.

Are men with Dad bod better at sports than female athletes?

Cheeks

• All American
  • Hall of Fame Hugger
Are men with Dad bod better at sports than female athletes?

How’s the wife?
"I hate everything about this job except the games, Everything. I don't even get affected anymore by the winning, by the ratings, those things. The trouble is, it will sound like an excuse because we've never won the national championship, but winning just isn't all that important to me.” Al McGuire

TheREALwrk

• Team Captain
The Projos are out in full force after a decidedly “i told you so” 16-6 start and a solid home in “others receiving votes”. Bet it feels great to be totally validated.

Oh wait - we still haven’t won a tournament game, won the Big East, won a Big East tourney, or ended a season ranked (besides possibly (??) last year which was wholly undeserved after our meltdown)..

Is this it?? Is this the “I told you so” endgame for the Projos? If so.... we really have accepted mediocrity. Unfortunate. Pile it on if you must, though.

I’ll see you all at the FF Sunday.

Waiting.... dipcrap  ::)

Johnny B

• All American
The Projos are out in full force after a decidedly “i told you so” 16-6 start and a solid home in “others receiving votes”. Bet it feels great to be totally validated.

Oh wait - we still haven’t won a tournament game, won the Big East, won a Big East tourney, or ended a season ranked (besides possibly (??) last year which was wholly undeserved after our meltdown)..

Is this it?? Is this the “I told you so” endgame for the Projos? If so.... we really have accepted mediocrity. Unfortunate. Pile it on if you must, though.

I’ll see you all at the FF Sunday.
You absolute child

feedback