[Today at 01:04:10 PM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by Uncle Rico
[Today at 01:03:27 PM]

Tyler Kolek's "legacy" by Newsdreams
[Today at 12:37:27 PM]

NC State by Sturgeon General Warrior
[Today at 12:34:46 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Remember when the Wojo defenders asked if we'd rather have the DePaul program?  (Read 31080 times)

Small Orange Soda

• Team Captain
So actual comparisons of those coaches over their first 5 to 10 years, in some cases, is the same as looking at three weeks of results in a basketball season?

I beg to differ.

Comparing results at Army and Hofstra to that of a major program like Marquette?  Yeah, it's ridiculous.  Once DePaul starts losing these comparisons will end, much like the Wright and Coach K comps have.

#UnleashSean

• All American
DePaul's potential success is completely irrelevant to judge MU's rebuild.

Hausergate bought Wojo a mulligan this year. And Garcia bought him two more (to see him as an upperclassman).

No, no it didn't.

Galway Eagle

• All American
They still have a high major test against NW and a game at Buffalo. They certainly aren't in the clear of the Non Con yet.

I really am finding myself rooting for them. Hope they finish the non con undefeated and are this years sju
Maigh Eo for Sam

Its DJOver

• All American
Really weird argument.  Are DePaul having a good non-conference and Marquette having a good non-conference mutually exclusive?  We seem to root for every other Beast team to do well in their non-conference and post season play.

🏀

• All American
rocky -

Is it possible to moderator change 5Dollar's avatar to this as punishment?

SaveOD238

• All American
RANK DEPAUL YOU COWARDS!

MU82

• All American
Most folks think Earth is billions of years old.

Some think it's only thousands of years old, and that Jesus rode dinosaurs.

So hey ... it's at least questionable.
“It’s not how white men fight.” - Tucker Carlson

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Congratulations to DePaul for their first 9 game winning streak in 30 years.   If they make it to 23-4 at some point, I will be even more impressed.
Disingenuity again from the Wojoptismists painting last season as better than it was.  All DePaul has to do to match our finish from last year is go 15-10 in their last 25 including 1 BET win and an NCAAT appearance.  We'll see if they're capable.

skianth16

• All American
Depaul is off to a better start than most anticipated. That win last night against Texas Tech is a solid win against a pretty darn good team. Once conference play gets going, I'm betting they'll surprise some teams. Hopefully Marquette is not one of those teams.

Uncle Rico

• All American
“This is bar none atrocious.  Mitchell cannot shoot either.  What a pile of dung”

UWW2MU

• All American
Disingenuity again from the Wojoptismists painting last season as better than it was.  All DePaul has to do to match our finish from last year is go 15-10 in their last 25 including 1 BET win and an NCAAT appearance.  We'll see if they're capable.

Your takes are terrible and your posts suck anything enjoyable out of being an MU fan.  You're clearly a troll or you're just a very angry person who's inability to enjoy the good causes the bad to overwhelm your perception.

That being said, the introduction of "Wojoptimist" as a word to my vocabulary nearly makes it worth it.  I love that name.  Consider me a Wojoptimist.

Galway Eagle

• All American

That's true to match last year. But they'd need 4 years of relatively sustained success (not by our standards but the standards of what most the D1 programs would ask for) with consistent victories over tournament teams to match the trend. Your assumption that DePaul's trend is better because they're undefeated so far is like all the ADs that hire the next big mid major coach every year. We've seen that blow up for times than not.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 09:49:24 AM by Galway Eagle »
Maigh Eo for Sam

Galway Eagle

• All American

Your takes are terrible and your posts suck anything enjoyable out of being an MU fan.  You're clearly a troll or you're just a very angry person who's inability to enjoy the good causes the bad to overwhelm your perception.

That being said, the introduction of "Wojoptimist" as a word to my vocabulary nearly makes it worth it.  I love that name.  Consider me a Wojoptimist.

So he's Williewarrior?
Maigh Eo for Sam

nyg

• All American
The last time Depaul made it to the NCAA Tournament was 16 years ago, the prior being 20 years ago.  Their last trip to the NIT was 13 years ago. 

They are off to a great start and that is good for the Big East, but to crown them the jewel of the Big East is ludicrous.  Revisit in a few months. 

tower912

• All American
Actually exactly the same.   You are using DePaul's first 9 game winning streak as an opportunity to tear down Wojo.  While simultaneously belittling a 23-4 record by Wojo.  You, sir, are the hypocrite.

Yes, last year ended poorly for Marquette..  But, if this season ends poorly for DePaul, are you going to come back and apologize for starting this dumbass thread?
Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

Its DJOver

• All American
Actually exactly the same.   You are using DePaul's first 9 game winning streak as an opportunity to tear down Wojo.  While simultaneously belittling a 23-4 record by Wojo.  You, sir, are the hypocrite.

Yes, last year ended poorly for Marquette..  But, if this season ends poorly for DePaul, are you going to come back and apologize for starting this dumbass thread?

Not unless you remind him.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=59228.msg1167642#msg1167642

Galway Eagle

• All American
Not unless you remind him.

https://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=59228.msg1167642#msg1167642

So he's prone to overreacting and often wrong but still wants to be taken seriously? Jeeze he could be any number of posters here
Maigh Eo for Sam

5DollarPitcher

• All American

I'm not tearing down Wojo per se.  I'm merely raising questions about the inconsistencies in arguments that oppose my own opinion.  Granted - I'm not perfect either which isn't what I'm arguing.

I've been told before that we should keep Wojo despite the lack of NCAAT wins, conference titles, BET wins, etc. because teams that change coaches too quickly become the DePaul program.  All I'm getting at with this thread is that, from the looks of it, DePaul might have figured something out.

I fully acknowledge the possibility that the season may go on and MU tears through the BE while DePaul slumps.  Then all the Projo Wojoptimists come in here and gloat and rub my nose in it and call me names and all the rest.  But if the opposite happens, I'm sure we'll be redirected.

Again, this is a message board designed to foster discussion (arguments?) amongst people with differences of opinion about the state of the program, expectations, wins, losses, coaches, and players.  The amount of people that pile into this thread crying foul because of this is absurd. 

Within this thread, I've done nothing more than raise questions.  Valid or not is each poster's own opinion.

rocky_warrior

• Global Moderator
  • All American
Within this thread, I've done nothing more than raise questions.  Valid or not is each poster's own opinion.

Actually, your ridiculous obsession is approaching ners level antics. And yes, that's kinda a warning.

5DollarPitcher

• All American
Actually, your ridiculous obsession is approaching ners level antics. And yes, that's kinda a warning.
Alright.  You win.  I'll stand down.  Ban me if need-be.

Galway Eagle

• All American
I'm not tearing down Wojo per se.  I'm merely raising questions about the inconsistencies in arguments that oppose my own opinion.  Granted - I'm not perfect either which isn't what I'm arguing.

I've been told before that we should keep Wojo despite the lack of NCAAT wins, conference titles, BET wins, etc. because teams that change coaches too quickly become the DePaul program.  All I'm getting at with this thread is that, from the looks of it, DePaul might have figured something out.

I fully acknowledge the possibility that the season may go on and MU tears through the BE while DePaul slumps.  Then all the Projo Wojoptimists come in here and gloat and rub my nose in it and call me names and all the rest.  But if the opposite happens, I'm sure we'll be redirected.

Again, this is a message board designed to foster discussion (arguments?) amongst people with differences of opinion about the state of the program, expectations, wins, losses, coaches, and players.  The amount of people that pile into this thread crying foul because of this is absurd. 

You realize you inadvertently just argued for Wojo to stay because he hasn't won any titles, tournament wins, etc because DL didn't with Depaul and they stuck with him.
Maigh Eo for Sam

Eldon

• All American
No, no it didn't.

Yes, dude, trust me.

I'm almost tempted to say that Wojo orchestrated Hausergate to buy himself more time.

Jockey

• All American
  • “We want to get rid of the ballots"
Depaul is off to a better start than most anticipated. That win last night against Texas Tech is a solid win against a pretty darn good team. Once conference play gets going, I'm betting they'll surprise some teams. Hopefully Marquette is not one of those teams.

Nope. Texas Tech is not a pretty darn good team. In fact, they are a pretty darn bad team.

withoutbias

• All American

Yet ners is back on his (at least) third name after his first two were permabanned and didn't even bother wasting any time pretending he could do anything other than bring up the same old (laughable) arguments.

Yes, dude, trust me.

I'm almost tempted to say that Wojo orchestrated Hausergate to buy himself more time.

Speaking of laughable...

feedback