'15-16 * '14-15 * '13-14
'12-13 * '11-12 * '10-11

* Big East Standings

* Recent Posts

Big East 23-24 NCAA and NIT Results by Herman Cain
[Today at 06:15:50 AM]

2024 Coaching Carousel by The Lens
[Today at 05:12:28 AM]

2024 NCAA Tournament Thread by Plaque Lives Matter!
[Today at 01:02:54 AM]

45 minutes ago at the Dallas Westin by MuggsyB
[Today at 12:19:24 AM]

2024 Transfer Portal by CountryRoads
[Today at 12:05:42 AM]

Are we still recruiting anyone for the 24-25 season. by Don_Kojis
[Today at 12:04:21 AM]

Where is Marquette? by marqfan22
[March 28, 2024, 09:29:52 PM]

Please Register - It's FREE!

The absolute only thing required for this FREE registration is a valid e-mail address.  We keep all your information confidential and will NEVER give or sell it to anyone else.
Login to get rid of this box (and ads) , or register NOW!

* Next up: NC State

Marquette
Marquette vs

NC State

Date/Time: Mar 29, 2024, 6:09 pm
TV: CBS
Schedule for 2023-24
Colorado

Author Topic: Pivot (al) Moments  (Read 30696 times)

tower912

• All American
Pivot (al) Moments
« on: November 17, 2019, 01:56:49 PM »
1.   Dragging your feet will always be a travel.    All 7 times in the first half.   
2.  Poor defensive rebounding.
3.   Poor shooting.
4.   Letting the glue guy tie you into Pritzl's on the floor.   He was tougher than our guards today. 
5.   It looked like Markus was playing to not be accused of being selfish.    He also drove like he wanted the contact call.   It is in Madison.   That call isn't coming that often.   Kept waiting for video game mode.   Didn't happen.   
6.   Sacar, Ed, Brendan.    The team needs more.   I will call it a bad day, because I don't believe in throwing anybody under the bus in November.    But it wasn't good today. 
7.   GE is only going to get better.   I am starting to believe he actually would have started last year.    It sure seems like his return has helped Jamal regain some confidence.
8.   If Theo can't guard Ruevers in space, I don't know how he is going to be part of the two big line up.    Ed, Jayce, or Theo are going to have to be able to guard in space. 
9.  Koby is the second option.    Need a third.   
10. First road game of the year.    Sucks losing to Wisconsin.   
11.   Walking away from scoop now for the rest of the day.     Maybe some Hallmark Christmas movies.    Or maybe a nice working structure fire to work off my frustrations.    Mmmmm, breaking stuff.   

Luke 6:45   ...A good man produces goodness from the good in his heart; an evil man produces evil out of his store of evil.   Each man speaks from his heart's abundance...

It is better to be fearless and cheerful than cheerless and fearful.

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
Re: Pivot (al) Moments
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 02:00:46 PM »
Pretty mediocre team we’ve got here. Will win more than they lose and get something like a nine seed. Markus will go off occasionally. That will be fun. But really they are going to struggle too much to score.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

MUCrew

• All American
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 02:01:32 PM »
Ugh. Lame! 

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 02:01:44 PM »
It is what it is guys. We were not going to win them all. Obviously sucks to lose to Wisconsin and by the margin we did but we move on. I feel that we will win out the remaining non conference games. Team still needs to work out its kinks on offense but Howard had one of those days.

goldeneagle91114

• All American
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 02:02:34 PM »
Hate to say it. But we really missed the Hausers today.

PointWarrior

• All American
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2019, 02:03:10 PM »
Is that kindle wood accumulating near wojo’s seat?

warriors141

• All American
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 02:04:35 PM »
badgers run an offense and we do not.

when markus is this bad we will not win

sacar and ed stunk and seemed to have not improved at all. same with bailey, but the previous guys are seniors

lacked toughness today, team is way weaker than buzz's teams

we are not vey good and the product is poor, if this sustains under wojo the Marquette fan base will start getting used to mediocrity

whitykj

• Starter
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2019, 02:05:02 PM »
Is that kindle wood accumulating near wojo’s seat?

Lol no

HowardsWorld

• All American
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2019, 02:07:15 PM »
It was one game. They will regroup.

Smokin' Jae

• Team Captain
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2019, 02:09:16 PM »
UW shot really well in the second half and that’s tough to overcome on the road. Was encouraged by what I saw from Jamal, Greg, and Koby. This team goes as Sacar does and today he was not good.

Warrior of Law

• All American
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2019, 02:10:07 PM »
I had low expectations for this season and it only lowered after this disaster. It wasn't just a bad game, but this team has no talent but for MH.
"You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. You can only be free if I am free."  Clarence Darrow

NickelDimer

• All American
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2019, 02:10:15 PM »
Overall I actually like the makeup of this team but I don’t understand Wojo’s gameplan. We had opportunity after opportunity to dump the ball off to a big for an easy bucket and instead kicked it out or forced a tough shot. It’s like our bigs are there to do nothing but set screens on offense. I have the same questions about Wojo the coach that I had his first season.
No Finish Line

GoldenDieners32

• All American
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2019, 02:10:25 PM »
Every game we lose we will all say “we missed the hausers”

hairy worthen

• All American
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2019, 02:10:38 PM »
badgers run an offense and we do not.

when markus is this bad we will not win

sacar and ed stunk and seemed to have not improved at all. same with bailey, but the previous guys are seniors

lacked toughness today, team is way weaker than buzz's teams

we are not vey good and the product is poor, if this sustains under wojo the Marquette fan base will start getting used to mediocrity
The fan base has been used to mediocre for a while now.

I am hoping this game is an aberration, but i am afraid this is what we have this year. Pretty much embarrassed today by an average at best Wisconsin team.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2019, 02:11:21 PM »
It happens. Sucks it happened today. Bounce back on Saturday, beat Davidson to get to 4-1 and we're all good.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2019, 02:11:38 PM »
Burn the black jerseys

JWags85

• All American
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2019, 02:12:45 PM »
I had low expectations for this season and it only lowered after this disaster. It wasn't just a bad game, but this team has no talent but for MH.

This is wholly untrue. Lots of talent. Koby, Greg, Cain, and Theo are all great players.  The offensive system is a disaster. Sacar had his shot tweaked and it is a mess.

CountryRoads

• All American
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2019, 02:16:34 PM »
This is wholly untrue. Lots of talent. Koby, Greg, Cain, and Theo are all great players.  The offensive system is a disaster. Sacar had his shot tweaked and it is a mess.

That’s a very liberal usage of the word “great.”

The Sultan of Semantics

• All American
  • "Private message me coward" - panda
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2019, 02:17:21 PM »

You have a different definition of great than I do.
“True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else.” - Clarence Darrow

mileskishnish72

• All American
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2019, 02:18:30 PM »

Billy Hoyle

• All American
  • Retire #34
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2019, 02:18:53 PM »
UW shot really well in the second half and that’s tough to overcome on the road. Was encouraged by what I saw from Jamal, Greg, and Koby. This team goes as Sacar does and today he was not good.

When you’re getting wide open looks that’s going to happen.
“You either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked.”

nyg

• All American
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2019, 02:19:39 PM »
Bailey has had the unique opportunity to seize and maintain a starting forward position.  He was not very good for the first 80% of the games last year, but sort of came on at season's end.  This year so far has been a disaster.  He has 3 total points in 3 games and has made one basket.  Hope Wojo discussing with Dawson Garcia and showing him, this position is all yours next year, especially with Anim leaving.

The frontline of Bailey, Theo and Anim had a total of five points today, going 1 for 11.  Combine that with an off day from Markus, going 0 for 11 in second half.  1 for 22.  Ugly and not many wins will occur if production like that continues.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 02:28:39 PM by nyg »

jonny09

• Team Captain
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2019, 02:20:28 PM »
That’s a very liberal usage of the word “great.”

Very liberal use.   Wow

Goose

• All American
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2019, 02:21:10 PM »
There is one high level player and a bunch of role players. The remaining guys are not high level D1 players and the coach does not have the game to coach them up.
This is Wojo’s program and at some point he has to be evaluated on overall team success. I do not see a great of progress in the state of the program.

BM1090

• All American
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2019, 02:22:10 PM »
There is one high level player and a bunch of role players. The remaining guys are not high level D1 players and the coach does not have the game to coach them up.
This is Wojo’s program and at some point he has to be evaluated on overall team success. I do not see a great of progress in the state of the program.

So much for holding off on judging the team for more games

feedback